• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Oh wow, shiny Cutiefly is the cutest thing ever! Congrats! I happen to have a regular one in a Love Ball, so it looks like I'll have to MM for one eventually too. :D

So, I was trying to evolve my Charjabug and was attacked by a random shiny Golbat. I don't think I've encountered a random shiny since Emerald, so I'm pretty excited, despite it being a Golbat! She's Calm with Inner Focus and bad IVs. Shiny Crobat looks better than waste green Golbat, so I'll just evolve it and let it chill in my PC.

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/3FjE3Kd.jpg?1[/img139]

Thanks Xerxes ! I wish you good fortune in your hunts :)

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Tsukuyomi56 on Carbink, Azulart on Cutiefly, kawaiiconcept on Spearow, xerxes on Golbat, and everyone else on your shinies!

-------------

Oh, good! A bit of luck to start off the new year! Yesterday after 27,832 REs on my Black 2 game, I found a 2nd shiny Cottonee!

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/DyizKIu.jpg[/IMG200]

I found my first one back in Sept. 2014 and evolved it since I figured it had good enough IVs. And now I finally completed the line! Though I’ll be honest, while I did still need another, I was kind of hoping not to find one here. I’ll likely find plenty of them whenever I get around to hunting Venipede. And should I ever get back to hunting more Eevee, I’ll sadly probably run into at least a few there, too. So I’m sort of anticipating finding a bunch of Cottonee in the future, which makes me wish this one could have been a Marill or Vulpix instead. Still, happy with it since in this moment, I still needed one ;)

I’ll be sticking to Abundant Shrine hoping for a Marill or Vulpix. Should I find a Marill, I’ll continue on for Vulpix (unless it takes a while and I decide to switch up targets for a bit). If I find Vulpix first, I’ll likely just try to find Marill a different way. Hopefully I can get a Marill quickly and then a Vulpix even quicker X] I certainly don’t want to be stuck here for another 50k REs…

Good luck, everyone (especially Bumblebee5253, umbreonfan3636, ChaoticInverse, CharlieDoryRose, SheroGH, G-Money, Martinzqx, tui, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Next shiny is in the house ! around 237 eggs it hatched and its almost perfect, just need 1 bottle cap.

Its in a moon ball too !

[img139]https://s28.postimg.org/lgwjnobp9/WIN_20170104_23_50_08_Pro_2.jpg[/img139]

Clarity

Rawr! <3
Been a very long time since the last time I posted here. xD I caught my first shiny today on Sun. <3

5f1b566c-6050-4450-ab6a-e04fba771664_zps1vbrnakx.jpg

She is a beauty. <3 I'm going to give her away as a gift to someone I love. <3
Not sure who I will hunt for next. Congrats to everyone on their shinies and good luck hunting! <3

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well I did some more chain fishing in Alpha Sapphire and some soft reset hunting for shiny Giratina this week in Pearl as well, but I've had no luck finding shinies for now. But I wanted to congratulate everybody who found shinies recently, especially Keovix since him finding a shiny Fomantis and a shiny Grubbin makes me hyped to find those shinies myself on Moon version hee hee. :]

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Next shiny is in the house ! around 237 eggs it hatched and its almost perfect, just need 1 bottle cap.

Its in a moon ball too !

[img139]https://s28.postimg.org/lgwjnobp9/WIN_20170104_23_50_08_Pro_2.jpg[/img139]

I hate when such a beautiful shiny is also a self-destruct learner. Congrats

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Got my shiny from the Ice Safari in just 129 encounters and it's a Rash Bergmite! So happy this one shined of the three! Nicknamed him Frazil.

Going to continue my SR hunt for Zekrom now that I've spent enough time in XY.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Congrats on the new shinies guys. I'm especially jelly of the Minior and Cottonee. :D

So I got this little beauty after hatching 387 eggs!

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/hrLsGRb.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i.imgur.com/ZFwOMR9.jpg[/img139]

The 1059 egg Mareanie hunt left a sour taste in my mouth, but I figured this hunt couldn't possibly be as bad, and I'm glad it wasn't! I actually couldn't tell it was shiny until I checked my team, lol. Hopefully it'll be more noticeable after I evolve her.

Echo Nacyl

Grats on all the new shinies. I have nothing to report, as I've been playing through my new Moon version with no random shinies to speak of. Currently trying to finish up getting the shiny charm.

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Wow it's been a little while since I last posted. Haven't run into any shiny Pokémon since I think October, just wanted to wish everyone good luck on finding those shinies

Shiny Lord

Got a shiny Mankey yesterday from SOS and just got a shiny Salandit now from SOS as well. Only problem is that it is male :(

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I'm up to 1,250 SRs for litten now. It's playing hard-to-get. Selected rowlet by accident a couple of times but thankfully it did not shine (I have expected it to, just to mock me)

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Congrats to everyone on their shinies! I'm working on getting my shiny charm. I just need 30 more Pokemon to complete my Alola Dex. I'm hoping to find my first shiny of 2017 soon! Good luck to everyone on your hunts.

Edit: As of 6am I have just completed my Alola Pokedex and I just received the shiny charm. I'm going to do my first hunt of 2017 later today.

Last edited:

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

On New Years Day, I hatched a shiny Stufful! He is Adamant with perfect attack, HP, and special defense IVs. He is now a delightfully derpy golden-topped Bewear named Poohbear. He also has the egg moves ice punch and thunder punch thanks to the Japanese Stufful I got from the GTS for breeding.

I am now about 500 eggs into Sandygast, just waiting for that black sand.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
I got a couple of hunts done in the past couple days. One, a Sandile for my friend, took 308 eggs to hatch. One of my longer hunts (I tend to be lucky with shinies), but still way below the odds. After I got that done, I started hatching Litten for my sister. Would you believe a shiny hatched on the 18th egg? Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket.

Anyway, congrats on all recent shinies and good luck in your hunting!

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I haven't posted in a while. No shiny news for me as I still have not found any shinies in Sun or Moon. Good luck to all.

I'm up to 1,250 SRs for litten now. It's playing hard-to-get. Selected rowlet by accident a couple of times but thankfully it did not shine (I have expected it to, just to mock me)

That is dedication! I really hope you get it soon. I had a hard enough time soft resetting for natures for the 3 starters. I can't imagine 1250 soft resets. That opening sequence is annoyingly long. Good luck!

Last edited:

Atome

Snowy Poochyena
Up to 600 DevNav encounters for Electrike, I think I'm going to change to hoards for a bit.