• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Guys, what's your favorite shiny?

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!

Salazzle. I absolutely love her shiny and I'll be MM hunting for one once the PokeBank update comes out and I can send my 6IV Ditto and a parent that can learn Knock Off through. Won't be an easy hunt but I'm used to long MM hunts so that doesn't bother me.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter

Echo Nacyl

I have a few. I'm fond of anything that turns black, white, or green (yes, even that bright green everyone else hates). Additionally; Dragalge, Slowbro, Ho-oh, Sceptile, Armaldo, and Samurott all are big favorites. My favorite shinies of all are probably Mew, Giratina, and Zygarde (they need to release this already v.v).

I'm about to go for shiny Null. Here's hoping for a reasonable hunt.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Drifloon.

I really like yellow shinies that are normally blue or purple Pokémon, if that makes sense. Like Drifloon or Altaria. In general, I like it when the shiny form of a Pokémon has complementary colours to the common form. I love shiny Minior for a similar reason. There's all these normal Miniors of all colours of the rainbow, while the shiny is the opposite of that and I think that just makes it so much better as a shiny.

Though I also like it when the shiny form is nearly identical to the common one, except for one part of its body, like Clefairy's green ears and Cottonee's orange leaves.

Last edited:

Keovix

Congratulations everybody on your shinies!

Earlier I found shiny Bruxish after 653 encounters, it was more but I lost track a few times, time wise this has been my longest S.O.S. hunt in Sun and Moon so far mainly because of Bruxish's low call rate, Bruxish has Impish nature and it has perfect IV's in HP, Defense, Sp. Defense and Speed.

Still don't know what to S.O.S. next, maybe Pyukumuku.
Good luck to all those hunting!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
BTW, my favorite is Slurpuff because of how appropriate the shiny coloration is.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm going to start soft resetting a shiny starter in Heart Gold. Not got a specific schedule, but I do have an idea on when to do so. What do you think is the least time-consuming Pokemon to soft reset for?

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I'm going to start soft resetting a shiny starter in Heart Gold. Not got a specific schedule, but I do have an idea on when to do so. What do you think is the least time-consuming Pokemon to soft reset for?

In HeartGold and SoulSilver you get to look at all three starters before you pick one, and they show up as shiny or not shiny on the selection screen. Have a look at SRing starters on HGSS on youtube.

I'm over 1,550 SRs for litten now. Here, kitty kitty kitty...

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys, here is my next entry !

Pretty quick MM hunt, it hatched on the 83 egg.

[img139]https://s29.postimg.org/miftdrxp3/weg_1.jpg[/img139]

EDIT:

Another shiny popped up in 130 eggs !

[img139]https://s28.postimg.org/qpzuggcu5/WIN_20170108_16_18_45_Pro.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
In HeartGold and SoulSilver you get to look at all three starters before you pick one, and they show up as shiny or not shiny on the selection screen. Have a look at SRing starters on HGSS on youtube.

I'm over 1,550 SRs for litten now. Here, kitty kitty kitty...

I know how the SR them. I was just wondering if there were any other quick shinies. Shiny hunting for them is kind of fun because you never know what starter will be the shiny. Thankfully all three have good shinies

My Friend Safari has an Ivysaur and Wartortle. When I soft reset in HG, I'm going to try and get a Sudowoodo, then an Eevee(who will be Umbreon since it's an easily available Dark type) to add on my team. Not trying to badge quest or anything, I just need to get the most out of SRing. After beating Red I'll pick a shiny Charmander(I don't have Charmeleon in the Friend Safari) then later on pick shiny Treecko(I already have a MM method Mudkip and trade Blaziken)

Last edited:

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Still don't know what to S.O.S. next, maybe Pyukumuku.
Have fun dealing with its ability, if you go for Pyukumuku. :p

I'm playing AS again and felt like chain fishing a little, so I went for Feebas under the Route 119 bridge. I found one at a chain of 17 and I kept going and found another one at 70. I'll evolve the female one and keep the male as Feebas. I'll probably relocate and go fish for something else, not sure what though. Probably Luvdisc.

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/SlpdtTt.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i.imgur.com/611oPNq.jpg[/img139]

Congrats on the new shinies and good luck with your hunts!

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well I finally began shiny hunting in Moon version, which marks my first time shiny hunting in Gen 7 hee hee. I'm kind of nervous cuz I'm using the S.O.S. method to find a shiny Mareanie, which seems hard and I don't even have the Shiny Charm item to help me out. Any ways, I'm also multitasking and doing more soft resets for my ongoing shiny Giratina hunt as well, which I've done about 5,000 soft resets on by now. ^^;

Isaac52

Well I finally began shiny hunting in Moon version, which marks my first time shiny hunting in Gen 7 hee hee. I'm kind of nervous cuz I'm using the S.O.S. method to find a shiny Mareanie, which seems hard and I don't even have the Shiny Charm item to help me out. Any ways, I'm also multitasking and doing more soft resets for my ongoing shiny Giratina hunt as well, which I've done about 5,000 soft resets on by now. ^^;

Hey, I'm huntin Giratina too! Only had like 2k soft resets. Guess I still got a ways to go :(

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to all recent shinies:

Since Rowlet, I've obtained multiple shinies in Sun:

SOS hunting:

- Rockruff
- Grubbin (Now a Vikavolt)
- Ditto
- Mudbray
- Alolan Meowth

Masuda Method breeding:
- Salandit x2 (Both males)
- Pyukumuku (Male, Calm nature) after 170 eggs

Good luck to all future shinies

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
So I went to Ever Grande City to get my shiny Luvdisc and instead ended up getting the most unlikely shiny out of that encounter pool. :>

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/OSVgnM5.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i.imgur.com/oq2HqBD.jpg[/img139]

Super happy about it, since I wanted a shiny Corsola, but I figured that fishing for it wasn't worth it with the low 5% encounter rate. Found her at a chain of 35 and it was also the second Corsola in the whole chain. The chain is still going at 241 (this Luvdisc is stubborn lol), so I haven't seen the stats yet.

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

On Saturday I hatched a shiny Sandygast! Oddly enough, it was one of the worst IV ones I had hatched after getting the parents with the right IVs. Doesn't matter though, he is still awesome. After Sandygast, I decided to do some SOS hunting/EV training and was mowing through Comfeys with no expectations that one would shine. My anchor Comfey was running low on PP and I planned on ending when it struggled but a shiny showed up before it got to that point. She is absolutely awesome with 4 perfect IVs and the other two being "very good". I named her PrincessLeiA; a pun that made both my daughters groan.

I am now MM hunting Dewpider and am about 150 eggs in.

Laurelai

I'm pretty sure you can't SOS chain a Mareanie because to get it to spawn, you have to chain Corsola. When you have a SOS chain and a different species appears, it will not chain.