• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cutty

Forever now
I almost forgot about this thread lol. Anyway, I'm still shiny hunting for those who know me back then.

In Gen VII, I've got several shinies, a random shiny Crabrawler, a random 5iv shiny Stufful, Shiny Togedemaru & Formantis from SOS battle, and the latest one just hatched:

sandygast.jpg

Shiny Sandygast after around 500 eggs hatched. As you can see it has perfect IVs, Bold, 3 EM and I named it CastleBlack (unless you guys have a better nick).^^

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
I just got a shiny Spearow in my Sun game. Random drop from above at Route 3.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I almost forgot about this thread lol. Anyway, I'm still shiny hunting for those who know me back then.

In Gen VII, I've got several shinies, a random shiny Crabrawler, a random 5iv shiny Stufful, Shiny Togedemaru & Formantis from SOS battle, and the latest one just hatched:

View attachment 16469

Shiny Sandygast after around 500 eggs hatched. As you can see it has perfect IVs, Bold, 3 EM and I named it CastleBlack (unless you guys have a better nick).^^

That's a Game of Thrones reference, isn't it

Echo Nacyl

OMG, I GOT IT!
After 4245 SRs, Shiny Type: Null graces my screen. Definitely getting Bottle Caps, but I was prepared for that when I started. It's got 31s in HP, Attack, and Sp.Attack, with 'Decent' in both defenses and 'pretty good' Speed.
Eeeeeeee I'm so happy!

^0CDC20F2A1DCDE276FAB228EB145D609057F597DBFED81B507^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr (800x502).jpg

Laurelai

Grats folks on your new shinies, and yay Echo Nacyl on your Type: Null!!!! (and I adore Guzzlord too- its like this wonderful, twisted, spikey, loveable puppy!)

I was SOSing through elekids because my daughter wants a competative one, and *poof* at 25 this one pops! It was pretty unexpected and when it popped, I thought I saw darker yellow and then BLING! Since it didn't pop after 30 SOS calls, its IVs are not great, but I'mma not complain!

On the field of battle!
[spoil][img139]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/kit14525/IMG_20170114_201717_zpszd7cgjfv.png[/img139][/spoil]

In a shiny ball!
[spoil][img139]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/kit14525/IMG_20170114_202012_zpswyc2bn4j.png[/img139][/spoil]

*EDIT*
I just realized that its quite an interesting shiny- its female and there is a 3:1 male/female ratio *andD she has her HA! Huh!

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Still hard at work on my litten hunt. Currently I'm at 2,387 SRs and counting. Really hoping it won't be as stubborn as TheMaster327's rowlet.

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
IMG_1417.jpgWhile I was hunting a shiny seedot I found a shiny zigzagoon in a hoard. It breaks my streak of weeks without a shiny

Last edited:

Flan

loves birbs.
OMG, I GOT IT!
After 4245 SRs, Shiny Type: Null graces my screen. Definitely getting Bottle Caps, but I was prepared for that when I started. It's got 31s in HP, Attack, and Sp.Attack, with 'Decent' in both defenses and 'pretty good' Speed.
Eeeeeeee I'm so happy!

View attachment 16470

YEAH BOOOOIIIII I'M SO GLAD congrats! :D heck yeah man you deserve it

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to FairyWitch on Rockruff, maskofsanity1998 on Dewpider, Completely Insanity on Type: Null, Keovix on Pyukumuku, Atome on Murkrow and Togedemaru, Lurantis on Rowlet and Litten, maldoror on Dewpider and Vulpix, Crimson Penguin on Cutiefly, Cutty on Crabrawler, Stufful, Togedemaru, Fomantis and Sandygast, The Thunderbird on Spearow, Echo Nacyl on Type: Null, Laurelai on Elekid and to Shinyhunter1990 on Zigzagoon

After 356 eggs, a shiny Mimikyu hatched

Ball: Level Ball
Female (Nicknamed Kanata, after the mother of Konata from the anime Lucky Star)
Adamant Nature (Through everstone) and the Disguise ability.
IV's: 30/31/31/31/31/16 - 25

*Edit*

Just found myself a shiny Crabrawler after about 80 - 85 SOS encounters

Male (Nicknamed Tamatoa, After the villainous giant crab from Disney's Moana)
Caught in a love ball
Modest Nature
Iron Fist ability
Perfect IV's in HP, ATK, DEF and Sp. ATK

Good luck to all future shinies

Last edited:

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
I just got my Shiny Charms in Sun and Moon and so far nothing has showed up for me. Is there like a wait limit on how long it takes to work? Because I want my Pink Cutiefly and Black Sandygast. The Shiny charms cost me my spare Lunala/Solgaleo to get the stubborn Weaviles, I never got a Razor Claw to evolve my Sneasels.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
I just got my Shiny Charms in Sun and Moon and so far nothing has showed up for me. Is there like a wait limit on how long it takes to work? Because I want my Pink Cutiefly and Black Sandygast. The Shiny charms cost me my spare Lunala/Solgaleo to get the stubborn Weaviles, I never got a Razor Claw to evolve my Sneasels.

There's no "wait limit" on the Shiny Charm, it affects the game immediately. You just haven't been lucky. :/

I started doing some DexNav hunting in AS and decided to go for Zorua. I'm at a chain of a little over 200 right now, and I have about 70 total PP left. I don't feel like I'll be getting it from this first trip, but who knows.

edit: Shiny Zorua after 252 encounters! Unfortunately the Synchronizer didn't take and the Zorua's bold, but whatever. Another nice shiny for my collection. It's my first DexNav shiny too. :>

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/8hm9mzX.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i.imgur.com/krpsDFU.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Traded my shiny Silvally for a shiny Friend Ball Togedemaru (I prefer type:null's shiny infinitely over its evolution anyway). I'm currently using my new shiny to farm for more bank Ball and potentially shiny hedgehogs :)

Also went to the GTS and got a shiny Japanese 4 perfect IVs and 1 near perfect Alola Grimer for a Celesteela. I love the callback in Alola Grimer and Muk's shiny form :)

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to all recent shinies

Luck has struck again during another SOS hunt

After about 60 - 70 SOS encounters, a shiny Dewpider showed up

Female (Nicknamed Amethyst)
Jolly nature with the ability Water Absorb
Perfect IV's in HP, ATK, DEF and Speed

Good luck to all future shinies

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

Yesterday I hatched a shiny Mareanie! This morning I was finishing up EV training it against Shellders when one showed up shiny! I caught it fairly easily.

I am now leveling up/SOS hunting Jangmo-o/Hakamo-o. I have already started a Passimian MM hunt, but am looking for a better foreign language parent (I have a 5 IV of either gender English parent).

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
Anyone have any suggestions on what I should hunt for after my semester is over? I only hunted Pikipek and Caterpie just to see if I have any good luck lol

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Congrats to everyone who found shinies since my last post!

Since my last post I've managed to complete my Omega Ruby badge quest! I'm very happy about that fact, even if it's not quite as fulfilling as finishing my SS BQ would be.

[Img139]https://s30.postimg.org/wzee3s329/IMG_0912.jpg[/Img139]
[Img139]https://s30.postimg.org/3ya1udim9/IMG_0913.jpg[/Img139]

About 10 days ago I came across this guy in a horde, while taking a break from dexnaving numel and trying to boost Spoinks search level instead. The Machop line are good shinies and good Pokemon so I wasn't too upset about getting the duplicate type.

[Img139]https://s30.postimg.org/8lg3w55z5/IMG_0921.jpg[/Img139]
[Img139]https://s30.postimg.org/w0y11hpq9/IMG_0924.jpg[/Img139]

Finding my 7th shiny took forever. I maxed out the search level for about 6 different Pokemon before deciding to do some fishing to get a water type. And on Friday the 13th I was finally rewarded with this gorgeous shiny female Feebas! As painful as this leg of the hunt was, the rewards were very very sweet. And to find it on a fishing chain of only 14 after all the long chains, searches and hunts, was pretty sweet.

[Img139]https://s30.postimg.org/a31k7papt/IMG_0931.jpg[/Img139]
[Img139]https://s30.postimg.org/y829pev0h/IMG_0934.jpg[/Img139]

Lastly, as luck would have it I went back to Mt. Pyre summit and came across this guy pretty early in my hunting yesterday. Guess the law of averages evened out from my painfully long prior hunt. With this ghost type, I finally have personally caught one shiny of every type of Pokemon, thus completing a personal goal of mine.

Good luck to all those still hunting, especially those doing their own Badge Quests/Island Quests/Legendaries etc.

I hope my all things considered (outside of Pokemon 7) decent luck on this BQ passes to all of those hunting!

Good luck!

Last edited:

Appledashie

Shiny Hunter!
Hi fellow shiny hunters! I am new to the shiny hunting scene and I have question.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.
However I need to know what this means. Sometimes I watch Shiny Hunters on Youtube hunt and in the title of there videos they will say for example "Phase 1" "Phase 2" "Phase 3" what do these phases mean exactly? I'm not talking about like Safari Zone. They will put these "Phase" in titles on many different targets. Can someone please explain why they do this and what it means exactly? Google was no help looking for the answer... Thanks and best of luck on your Shiny hunts!

Echo Nacyl

Thank you to those of you who congratulated me on my Null hunt. (@Laurelai ever seen Guzzlord when you drop a bean? It's the cutest thing evar)

Just got my newest shiny while casually EV training a Celesteela. Drowzee at a SOS chain of only 26. Caught in a Heal Ball, male, level 10, Insomnia, Hasty, Capable of Taking Hits with 31s in HP, Defense, and SpDef.
I don't really feel motivated to update my signature with an unintentional find though, so I'll just leave Null there for now >.<

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Sorry if this is a stupid question.
However I need to know what this means. Sometimes I watch Shiny Hunters on Youtube hunt and in the title of there videos they will say for example "Phase 1" "Phase 2" "Phase 3" what do these phases mean exactly? I'm not talking about like Safari Zone. They will put these "Phase" in titles on many different targets. Can someone please explain why they do this and what it means exactly? Google was no help looking for the answer... Thanks and best of luck on your Shiny hunts!

It's a pretty easy explanation, actually. Those shiny hunters are going for a specific target, but they're getting shinies of everything except what they're hunting for. If they're hunting fo, say, a shiny vulpix and get a marill instead, they call if "phase one" and resume hunting for vulpix. If the next shiny is an altaria, then it's "phase two" of the vulpix hunt. And they keep going until they get their vulpix. This is pretty much what cpchris is doing right now on one of their hunts. The number of "phases" it takes to get the target shiny depends on how many non-target shinies pop up before the actual target decides to cooperate.

I'm approaching 2,700 SRs in my litten hunt. Really want to punch that smile off Kukui's face at this point.

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

I didn't expect to be posting again this soon! After a few hours of SOS hunting I decided to browse the GTS to find better foreign language parents for two of my targets: Passimian and Morelull. After a few trades, I got a relatively superior Morelull with IVs in the right spots and a Modest nature so I set to breeding. 14 eggs later it shined!! I was stunned.

I passed on Pokerus and set to EV training on Oricorio. After a chain of about 30, a white pom-pom wielding bird appeared! I have SOS chained hundreds of these birds in the past (and bred a few hundred as well), so this was something I really wanted. So now I am going to finish EV training Morelull, Oricorio, and Shellder and then move back to Passimian breeding.

EDIT: Ok, this is unreal. I moved my special attack EV training to Psyduck since they have a much better call rate than Oricorio. Out pops a blue duck! He is lonely natured with outstanding potential; perfect IVs in HP, SpA, Attack, SpD.

EDIT number 2: After getting Psyduck, I switched back to Oricoria for SpA (I have multiple Psyducks/Golducks from prior gens and didn't want more). Another Oricorio shined! This one has outstanding potential and pefect IVs in SpA, At, SpD, and Sp; with a fantastic in Def.

Last edited: