• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I did some more Friend Safari shiny hunting on X version this past weekend, tho nothing shiny showed up sadly. I didn't have much time to chain fish for shinies in Y or Alpha Sapphire, but I did spend lots of time doing more soft resets for shiny Giratina on Pearl as well as more S.O.S. encounters for a shiny Mareanie in Moon version. I have the next few days off any ways, so I'll work harder on these hunts. :]

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
i'm still going strong for shiny Popplio! 717 SRs so far and these long SRs don't feel as bad now but I'm still hoping I get this under odds.

Gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone, especially those SRing for starters! :]

Cyberra

pain in the ***
i'm still going strong for shiny Popplio! 717 SRs so far and these long SRs don't feel as bad now but I'm still hoping I get this under odds.

Gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone, especially those SRing for starters! :]

Careful you didn't just jinx yourself. I'm at 3,645 and counting for litten

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
Urrrrggggg it's been a while since I hunted anything. I've been focusing on real life for a while and trying to find time to draw, write and hunt. It hasn't been easy. :/

However, I have finally decided to return to Virbank Complex to get my own back! For those of you not in the know: I got a Patrat after 1000 REs, and then had to do another 28K REs only to get another Patrat. It was a troublesome time. Here's to hoping I'll get something other than Patrat this time around. I'll probably wait until I'm over the odds to switch back to Bulbasaur for a while.

Good luck to everyone - may the odds be in your favour!

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

Yesterday I completed an SOS hunt for shiny Bruxish! It took over 300 encounters. Bruxish has a brutally low success rate for calling for help, so this was frustrating and tedious. But that bright bright red-orange and green fish was worth it! She has four prefect IVs (HP, Att, SpA, and Speed). I was EV training her in attack against Mankey via SOS when one shined! I had just passed the 40 mark, so she has the four IVs...but a Modest nature. I was looking to start another Mankey chain to continue training when Bagon showed up, so I am now about 200 into that chain. Once I am done training Bruxish and Mankey, I am going to pause my hunts to bring my competitive shinies forward from OR.

Aaron1

I think I may have just burnt my luck for the next 3,000 years. Was hunting in Thrifty Megamart for a Mimikyu, ended up finding a random Shiny Klefki. That isn't the end of it, as about 10 minutes later I found ANOTHER one:
/D0oBZ6K.jpg (imgur link, add it at the end of imgur . com)

If my calculations are correct, the odds of encountering two Shiny Klefki at Thrifty Megamart are 82,846,404 to 1 odds.

Last edited:

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
I think I may have just burnt my luck for the next 3,000 years. Was hunting in Thrifty Megamart for a Mimikyu, ended up finding a random Shiny Klefki. That isn't the end of it, as about 10 minutes later I found ANOTHER one:
/D0oBZ6K.jpg (imgur link, add it at the end of imgur . com)

If my calculations are correct, the odds of encountering two Shiny Klefki at Thrifty Megamart are 82,846,404 to 1 odds.

I think there is something wrong with the RNG for these games. I've seen Youtubers who have gotten back to back shinies in SOS encounters (which is a shiny fail since you can only catch one of them)

Aaron1

I think there is something wrong with the RNG for these games. I've seen Youtubers who have gotten back to back shinies in SOS encounters (which is a shiny fail since you can only catch one of them)

These were straight out of the field encounters, no SOS at all.

Aaron1

Yeah but RNG affects Random Encounters as well. I'm just using the SOS as an example

Fair enough. Still doesn't change the fact I nearly crapped out most of my internal organs when the second one showed up.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I've been on and off for Zekrom for a while now and it wasn't even a week and my brother had successfully got shiny Virizion, Ho-Oh, Reshiram, and Azelf from SR'ing, me being frustrated with my Zekrom hunt handed my game to my brother and said "You must have the magic touch or something, get me it x)" Didn't even take him a day and he brought my 3DS up to me and low and behold there was a Shiny Zekrom on the screen. Nicknamed it Lixiang, which I think means ideal in Chinese.(Isn't Zekrom the ideals one?) It's a Jolly nature too, which is really good!

Then a little later I hatched myself a Shiny Sandygast! It's in a Heavy Ball, Modest, Water Compaction, and 31/31/31/31/31/xx. Nicknamed him Azores and am currently EV training him up and eventually evolving him into Palossand. :)

Damn, it's been a while since I've posted here... or, anywhere on here actually. BUT! I have many new shiny Pokemon to share!

I transferred a bunch of Shinies from Alpha Sapphire to Sun two days ago, including: Drifblim, Crobat, Sawk, Klinklang, Bellossom, Exploud, and Camerupt.

Crobat, Camerupt, Bellossom, and Exploud were all caught on Alpha Sapphire last year, the rest were transferred.

Now onto the good stuff. A while back while EV training a Pokemon, I ran into a random shiny Lillipup! I was really surprised at that. She is now a strong Stoutland!

Then, while breeding for a competitive Popplio, my 6th egg turned out to be shiny! Sadly it didn't have a good nature though. But he is a pretty yellow haired Primarina though.

Then, while EV training yet again, I encountered a shiny Pelipper!

But recently, I started to hunt for a shiny Rowlet, and I got it a few days ago! It's a competitive bred shiny Rowlet too, good nature and some egg moves! He's an amazing Decidueye now and I'm really happy that I got my favorite starter as a shiny!

Oh, congrats to everyone on all the recent shinies as well!

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Congrats to all who have caught shiny Pokémon. I just hatched a shiny Froakie on sun version. This is my first shiny of gen 7!! It's stats are 31/31/31/XX/31/31, and its timid nature. IMG_1422.jpg

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
well here we go finally my dex is 100% done :D

http://i.imgur.com/F1JIpiE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tCJudHj.jpg

congrats to recent shinies and once I finish breeding a few things up I will start a new shiny hunt here is a hint this its a starter :p good luck to all hunts ^_^

also before getting charm sos calling for castform which showed up at the same time btw -__- so it was annoying I had to knock it out for the shiny but I did finally get my castform to enter my dex later :D

http://i.imgur.com/IOGmq8w.jpg

Last edited:

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

Yesterday I managed to snag a shiny Finneon while EV training a shiny Snorunt I caught in FS on Y a while back (I moved it to Sun via Bank and evolved it to Froslass). I am taking a break from SOS hunting and going back to breeding mainly for the better control of the natures.

I like that Bank now shows you your stats from the games you have connected to it. I was surprised by some; such as the 200k+ wild encounters on Y and that I have already hatched over 6000 eggs on Sun. Yikes.

EDIT: After about 50 eggs, Minior shined! It is Adamant with 5 perfect IVs (missing SpA). Now on to Dhelmise.

EDIT 2: And about 60 eggs later, Dhelmise shined! I am now trying for Alolan Sandshrew.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Anyone get a shiny Minior in the wild thanks to the Random Number God being really kind? In my opinion that's the best new shiny Pokemon, and such an occurance is the Safari shiny Chansey of this generation. That or an SOS shiny Salamence

Scherzando

scare-TZAN-doe
No... oh noooo... NOOOOOOO!!!!! I just hatched a shiny beast ball Totodile... but I was just trying to get a female so I could pass on some egg moves, and I forgot to give the parent an everstone - no biggie because the totodiles I planned to breed it with already had the nature I needed. I only collected like 8 eggs and jokingly thought, I'm pretty sure I forgot to give it an everstone, so if I hatch a shiny, I'm screwed. 5th egg, I get a shiny, and what does it get but a GENTLE nature. And of COURSE it gets Sheer Force. That would've been the perfect shiny ever but I forgot the everstone T_T I've never been this angry to get a shiny XD

OMG and I just remembered that last night I had a dream that I ran into a shiny Terrakion and accidentally KO'd it with a critical hit. And then this happens... wow. That's exactly how I feel too, like I just lost a shiny. I'm gonna give the Totodile to a friend who doesn't care about natures.

Edit: okay guys, I'm so irrationally upset about this that I'm going to stop all my progess and MM another proper one this time. My main concern is if I'll be lucky enough to get Sheer Force again :/

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
At 4,180 SRs, I am now officially over odds for litten. This is a stubborn firekitten. Looking like I'm not gonna get a shiny in January.

TheMaster327

At 4,180 SRs, I am now officially over odds for litten. This is a stubborn firekitten. Looking like I'm not gonna get a shiny in January.

Keep going, Cyberra :) I'm at 9,736 and counting for Rowlet now. It be like [img139]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/271628156841099268/273911407056257024/giphyXHIQK192.gif[/img139]