• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats all recent shinies

After 347 eggs, a shiny Drampa hatched

Female (nicknamed Herbertia)
Modest nature through everstone with the ability Sap Sipper
EV's: 31/31/31/31/31/X

Good luck to all future shinies

That's exactly why I only do Masuda Method! I envy people who can just sit there and SOS Pokémon 200+ times! Lmao

Once you start, it's really not that bad. There are some specific Pokémon that are just absolutely awful to SOS though, like Morelull (which is why i bred for mine)

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Scherzando on both Honedge, Shinyhunter1990 on Minccino, Echo Nacyl on the swap, Samayouru on Torchic, Paraqua on Sandygast, Lurantis on the swap, Samayouru on Numel, Keovix on Minior, Laurelai on Croagunk and Popplio, maldoror on Geodude and Grimer and Bagon, JohnnyBlaze on Charmander, BurgundyKat on Popplio and Morelull, Paraqua on Drampa, and everyone else on your shinies!

-------------

Yesterday after a total of 20,223 REs, I finally found a shiny on my HeartGold, which hasn’t shone since my Qwilfish in mid-November (even though I went most of December not hunting, 20k still doesn’t seem like a lot in 2 months ;_;). It’s not the Miltank I’ve been hunting since October, though, but instead a shiny Snubbull!

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/TQXAIdO.jpg[/IMG200]

This is the third time Snubbull’s swarmed on HeartGold in about a month, and the 5th time since I started hunting swarms. Actually, it swarms on Platinum on the same route as I hunt Ralts, so I hunt something else when it’s swarming on that game :p I sure as hell don’t need to get even more Bibarel from this route by adding another target from it x.X Anyways, I saw this one coming across the screen and was super excited! It’s such a nice shiny. Plus I’m worried I’ll get one of the other things from this route – Rattata, Raticate, and Magnemite, all of which I have already. So I’m very pleased to have gotten my actual target!

As an aside, 3 of my last 4 shinies on HeartGold have been swarm targets :eek: So far February’s been pretty good in terms of giving me shinies (albeit quite sadistic with half of them), so I’m hoping to see if maybe I can set myself a new record month (which would be even more intriguing given it’s the shortest month of the year!). I’ll need 9 shinies in order to beat my previous record in June 2015. On the other hand, last April I found 6 shinies in the first half of the month, and then nothing the second half, so who knows :p

Good luck, everyone (especially Cyberra, TheMaster327, Bumblebee5253, umbreonfan3636, ChaoticInverse, CharlieDoryRose, SheroGH, G-Money, Martinzqx, tui, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

JohnnyBlaze

Shiny Hunter
Once you start, it's really not that bad. There are some specific Pokémon that are just absolutely awful to SOS though, like Morelull (which is why i bred for mine)

Yeah, I just would think that after a while that camera pointing upwards would drive me crazy! Especially if nothing pops up! I have terrible luck with SOS Encounters. :p

Congrats to Scherzando on both Honedge, Shinyhunter1990 on Minccino, Echo Nacyl on the swap, Samayouru on Torchic, Paraqua on Sandygast, Lurantis on the swap, Samayouru on Numel, Keovix on Minior, Laurelai on Croagunk and Popplio, maldoror on Geodude and Grimer and Bagon, JohnnyBlaze on Charmander, BurgundyKat on Popplio and Morelull, Paraqua on Drampa, and everyone else on your shinies!

-------------

Yesterday after a total of 20,223 REs, I finally found a shiny on my HeartGold, which hasn’t shone since my Qwilfish in mid-November (even though I went most of December not hunting, 20k still doesn’t seem like a lot in 2 months ;_;). It’s not the Miltank I’ve been hunting since October, though, but instead a shiny Snubbull!

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/TQXAIdO.jpg[/IMG200]

This is the third time Snubbull’s swarmed on HeartGold in about a month, and the 5th time since I started hunting swarms. Actually, it swarms on Platinum on the same route as I hunt Ralts, so I hunt something else when it’s swarming on that game :p I sure as hell don’t need to get even more Bibarel from this route by adding another target from it x.X Anyways, I saw this one coming across the screen and was super excited! It’s such a nice shiny. Plus I’m worried I’ll get one of the other things from this route – Rattata, Raticate, and Magnemite, all of which I have already. So I’m very pleased to have gotten my actual target!

As an aside, 3 of my last 4 shinies on HeartGold have been swarm targets :eek: So far February’s been pretty good in terms of giving me shinies (albeit quite sadistic with half of them), so I’m hoping to see if maybe I can set myself a new record month (which would be even more intriguing given it’s the shortest month of the year!). I’ll need 9 shinies in order to beat my previous record in June 2015. On the other hand, last April I found 6 shinies in the first half of the month, and then nothing the second half, so who knows :p

Good luck, everyone (especially Cyberra, TheMaster327, Bumblebee5253, umbreonfan3636, ChaoticInverse, CharlieDoryRose, SheroGH, G-Money, Martinzqx, tui, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

Wow, I'm at a loss of words... O.0 That's really impressive Cpchris!* And here it took me the last half of January and the first half of February to get my Charmander, even while using MM AND the Shiny Charm! Thank you for your kind words and I wish you the best of luck! I myself just started my Rowlet hunt, so that should be.fun! :) Sending good vibes your way!

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker

Once I get to an SOS of about 80, I start to lose focus. I know the chains can go on for a lot longer, but keeping track of PP on both sides is really draining mentally.

I've mostly been trying to fill in the gaps of my shinydex right now. I just get more of a thrill through trading than actually catching them myself. Still, I love checking in and seeing all of your amazing hunts!

Gwabatim

Last week Monday February 6th, I caught a shiny Mewtwo! Took a few months of on-and-off hunting but I think I got it in less than 7,000 Srs. What's really cool is that I got it on February 6th, which is apparently Mewtwo's birthday! In the first gen games there are diaries in the Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar Island which state this, so when I found that out, I felt extra special haha. Docile nature. Did not check IVs. Here is the vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31pV8z-ZUA

Once I get to an SOS of about 80, I start to lose focus. I know the chains can go on for a lot longer, but keeping track of PP on both sides is really draining mentally.

I've mostly been trying to fill in the gaps of my shinydex right now. I just get more of a thrill through trading than actually catching them myself. Still, I love checking in and seeing all of your amazing hunts!
Mm yeah I get what you mean with the PP checking. It gave me headaches when I attempted chaining Ditto and trying to constantly keep track of just how much of it's 20 pp it had left

Last week Monday February 6th, I caught a shiny Mewtwo! Took a few months of on-and-off hunting but I think I got it in less than 7,000 Srs. What's really cool is that I got it on February 6th, which is apparently Mewtwo's birthday! In the first gen games there are diaries in the Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar Island which state this, so when I found that out, I felt extra special haha. Docile nature. Did not check IVs. Here is the vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31pV8z-ZUA

Congrats man! And what a perfect day to get them on! Any ideas for the name?

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
That's exactly why I only do Masuda Method! I envy people who can just sit there and SOS Pokémon 200+ times! Lmao

That's pretty insane, but with these Pokemon it'd be far too mad. Minior can't be SOS'ed and self-destructs, any attempt to take out Pykumukyu will cause damage and Mimikyu's disguise makes it take twice as long

Cyberra

pain in the ***
That's pretty insane, but with these Pokemon it'd be far too mad. Minior can't be SOS'ed and self-destructs, any attempt to take out Pykumukyu will cause damage and Mimikyu's disguise makes it take twice as long

Mold Breaker goes right through mimikyu's disguise. Takes it down without the extra hassle.

I'm up to 6,500 SRs for litten now. Still not even half of TheMaster's total, but am really hoping litten isn't going to be that stubborn

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Wouldn't it be possible to S.O.S. Minior using a Pokemon like Golduck or Poliwhirl with the Damp Ability? Damp prevents self-destruction moves, after all.

Here's my deal: I was too impatient to wait until after I'd received my Shiny Charm or even obtained a foreign Pokemon to Masuda Method in order to begin Shiny hunting in earnest--I just had to get my hands on one! The shiny Cubone I chained in my Sun Version was clearly some kind of fluke. (And thank goodness that there accident was among the more aesthetically-pleasing specimens to be found. Boy, do I love my Alolan Marowak to pieces...!)

Laurelai

With Pyukumuku I just kept my false swiper up and running. False swipe every one that shows up and you only get hit for 1 hp in return. I love my shiny Pickle :D

TheMaster327

Mold Breaker goes right through mimikyu's disguise. Takes it down without the extra hassle.

I'm up to 6,500 SRs for litten now. Still not even half of TheMaster's total, but am really hoping litten isn't going to be that stubborn

Umm... You're past half my total. At 12,083 owls at the time of typing this...

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well I finally hacthed another shiny after roughly 1231 eggs if you inculde my 1050 magikarp eggs... So I only hatch 91 eggs to get one to get it..

That pokemon was a loveball Rockruff who's going to be a midnight forme Lycanroc with it's Adamant Nature.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Wouldn't it be possible to S.O.S. Minior using a Pokemon like Golduck or Poliwhirl with the Damp Ability? Damp prevents self-destruction moves, after all.

Here's my deal: I was too impatient to wait until after I'd received my Shiny Charm or even obtained a foreign Pokemon to Masuda Method in order to begin Shiny hunting in earnest--I just had to get my hands on one! The shiny Cubone I chained in my Sun Version was clearly some kind of fluke. (And thank goodness that there accident was among the more aesthetically-pleasing specimens to be found. Boy, do I love my Alolan Marowak to pieces...!)

Minior do not call for any allies, no matter what. Minior is basically MM or RE only (if you RE, you gotta keep the volume on at all times or you need to make sure you watch the screen--Minior doesnt appear in core form in the wild of course!)

Going slowly so far, but last night prompted a break in my 2 month drought!

I was looking for a Bagon to SOS chain (I haven't even encountered one even after 100 or so encounters), and I thought about getting a shiny before Bagon appeared. You can guess what happened :p Shiny Cutiefly randomly sparkled in all of her pink glory! I think my jaw dropped to the floor and stayed there for about a minute when she appeared. I caught her and nicknamed her Mayberry, because a) that was the first name I thought of and b) I'd been getting my friend to listen to CHVRCHES, so why not name a shiny after the lead singer?

Good luck everyone!

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I spent these past couple of days immersed in my shiny Mareanie S.O.S. encounter hunt and the good news is that I did find a shiny while doing so, even if it was just a shiny Corsola hee hee. I had a bad feeling that when I did eventually find a shiny it'd be something I didn't exactly want, but I'm going to keep trying to find a shiny Mareanie in the wild or else just try my luck at breeding for one in the upcoming weeks if that doesn't work.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

From what I heard Minior can't be SOS'd

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Umm... You're past half my total. At 12,083 owls at the time of typing this...

Huh. I thought you'd be farther along... You've been hunting longer than me and probably get more SRs done since I only SR at night when I'm on the computer. But still, that is one stubborn leaf owl ><

6,600 SRs now.

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts (especially Cyberra and TheMaster327 on your Rowlett hunts).

I am still hatching Dratini in the hope that a a little purple dragon will appear. I am at approx 800 eggs and this long egg cycle (after doing as many Bagon) is becoming demoralizing. I have already hatched 28 (!!) 6 IV Dratini. I have no idea what I will do with them. If anyone wants one let me know.

Back to hatching eggs...

Jouralto

Hello all~

Decided earlier today to start my first ever Badge Quest. Also decided to start using the account I made for these forums years ago to actually talk about it and keep track of progress! lmao

Anyway, I've deleted my ΩR data to get things rolling, and I'm working toward my first hundred resets on the path to make Hoenn as associated with shininess in my mind as it currently is with TRUMPETS. Also I figured ΩR would be a tame BQ because of Dex Nav chaining early on, and I wanted to start a little more casual while I'm in my busy work season. I was thinking of pairing a Trial Quest alongside this BQ for fun, but watching TheMaster's and Cyberra's numbers steadily climb... I'll just root for you guys! lol

That said, good luck to all on the shiny hunts!

Last edited: