• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Just caught this beautiful girl IMG_1502.JPG

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well I've been hunting since my shiny Aerodactyl for a female shiny Poplio and got a male shiny Magikarp instead so I swapped for Rowlet instead.

He's adamant natured with 31/31/31/?/31/31 Iv spread.

And it took exactly 870 eggs.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I resumed chain fishing this weekend on Y and Alpha Sapphire and managed to balance that with my shiny Giratina hunt from Pearl as well. I didn't have as much time to do Friend Safari hunting however since my shiny Mareanie hunt is still ongoing and it's taking up most of my focus right now. I've hatched almost 100 eggs for that Masuda method hunt, which I know isn't much but it's a decent start I think hee hee.

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
So quite frankly I did not ever think I was going to make this post.

I've been a member of various iterations of this thread (back when it was a club lol!) My first ever hunt was going for a johto starter and I got a shiny chikorita after something like 6,000 srs. Soon after I decided that my second ever hunt (back in June/July 2010) was going to be a shiny torchic.

6,000 srs in I got my first shiny uncatachable poocheyna. 2,000 srs later I got my 2nd uncatchable poocheyna. At 15,000 srs I made a mistake while watching a 3rd gen shiny video, I heard the shiny sound but assumed it was the video and did a reset. Later I realized the video did not have the shiny sound and I had sr'd over either a shiny torchic or poocheyna. At somewhere around 26,000 srs I encountered my 3rd/4th shiny poocheyna.

ORAS came out and I struggled with what to sr but decided to go for torchic because I loved it. I got that in 1,000 srs or so and a few months ago I managed to accidentally hatch another shiny torchic.

And now 6 years later at 34,922 srs I have finally completed my 2nd ever shiny hunt and gotten my shiny torchic. I was completely unexpecting it and was watching Moana and I was actually going to stop in like another 30 srs so this pretty much came out of nowhere. His name is "Finally" because I have no actual idea what to call him and he's got a rash nature.

I am so happy I never have to hunt this thing again. No more uncatchable poocheynas, no more dry internal batteries. I'm finally free.

Thanks to everyone who has supported me and encouraged me to keep hunting this fire chicken, I probably would have given up a long time ago otherwise. I hope everyone else has some shiny luck soon!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Congratulations on finally getting that shiny! Sorry for your luck, the worst off I got was almost 20,000 for a green Mewtwo

Congrats to everyone who's got shinies! I'd name specifics, but I have to go soon.

At any rate, I've begun the hunt for a shiny Sewaddle/Venipede/Pidove on White 2. I'm at 104 REs so far (as well as a few I forgot to count). I have a feeling the hunt will go better, however, than any I've tried and failed to start before. I'll update if anything shines.

UPDATE: No shiny, but up to 1000 encounters now. This is going by much quicker than I thought it would, honestly.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I probably should have mentioned it. I'm hunting at full odds. Don't have the resilience to get the Shiny Charm, especially not in an older game.

Last edited:

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

It's been a while since I posted, but I have had some luck recently. I hatched a shiny Goomy and a shiny Larvitar; both in a decent amount of eggs, both competitively viable. After Goomy, I decided to try for a Gible (hoping for a quick hunt). Last night I started collecting the sixth round of eggs (five boxes each round), so that puts me at over 750 hatched thus far with no luck.

After the last few months of breeding on Sun I now have almost seven boxes of various six perfect IV Pokemon (including Gible, Goomy, Bagon, Larvitar, Dratini, Shellos, and many others). I have no idea what to do with them all at this point.

Extra good luck vibes going out to Cyberra and TheMaster327 on your starter hunts! Hopefully, they will shine soon. Every time I see you post in the thread I get my hopes up, but alas not yet.

TheMaster327

Extra good luck vibes going out to Cyberra and TheMaster327 on your starter hunts! Hopefully, they will shine soon. Every time I see you post in the thread I get my hopes up, but alas not yet.

Thanks for the luck :) Sadly still nothing. 111 days and 14,600 owls. It can't hide for much longer, surely?

Sparky!

TheMaster327 said:
Thanks for the luck Sadly still nothing. 111 days and 14,600 owls. It can't hide for much longer, surely?

It will shine soon, it's got to! The only way it won't is if you give up!

Currently my mimikyu hunt for my mono-ghost trial quest is at 480 eggs hatched. Heart Gold is at 1675 and Type: Null is at 2665

Good luck to everyone on your hunts!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I feel your pain, ChaoticInverse... I haven't had a hunt go on that long yet, but I did go to almost 28,000 for a ledyba in Y's berry fields (forever known now as That Damn Ledyba) and my dialga SR in AS came pretty damn close to that.

9,500 litten seen now. And counting... I'm catching up to TheMaster327 slowly but surely. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeere kitty kitty kitty...

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
There hasn't been anything for March CH, right? Since it's too late for a voting and I have an idea, I decided to just plant that idea in :p

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats on all the shinies since my last post! (which was like 2 months ago... XD) Extra-special congrats go to ChaoticInverse for finally completing that 3rd gen Torchic hunt!

I've been going through another shiny drought since the last time I was here, partially because I had major personal stuff going on last month and barely had any time to hunt (nothing bad, just chaotic). This month I've been able to resume hunting, but my efforts have been wasted so far. I think I'm close to 30k combined encounters across all my games, with Chimchar and Giant Chasm making up the majority of those. The former is over odds now at 8300 SRs, and the latter is close behind at 7700 REs. And here I thought my White 2 luck had turned around... >_< I hope I can get some of my January mojo back soon.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially TheMaster327 and Cyberra! Hope your starters finally decide to show themselves soon.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/D0w2hYM.jpg[/img139]

I GOT IT! I GOT IT! AFTER 9,703 SOFT RESETS SHINY LITTEN HAS APPEARED!

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/17cmoBE.jpg[/img139]

AND IT'S A FEMALE!!!

*collapses*

She's calm nature, which is probably not good for incineroar but I do not care. Shiny litten! I can finally move on with the game! She's named after my cat, a white domestic shorthair we adopted from the SPCA at 4 months old in 1995, and who sadly passed away in 2009 after eight years of battling feline diabetes.

I do feel bad about getting litten when TheMaster327 is still searching for rowlet, though.

Last edited:

TheMaster327

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/shiny%20litten%201_zps4za8bvga.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/shiny%20litten%202_zpszlrtgurq.jpg[/img139]

AND IT'S A FEMALE!!!

*collapses*

She's calm nature, which is probably not good for incineroar but I do not care. Shiny litten! I can finally move on with the game! She's named after my cat, a white domestic shorthair we adopted from the SPCA at 4 months old in 1995, and who sadly passed away in 2009 after eight years of battling feline diabetes.

I do feel bad about getting litten when TheMaster327 is still searching for rowlet, though.

Well, damn, they do exist. Grats on your kitty, Cyberra :) As for me, 14,665 owls and still counting...

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Wow! Huge congratulations to ChaoticInverse on your Torchic! That;s been a long time coming, I was barely starting out here when you were hunting that. Congrats! :D Also a big congrats to Cyberra on your Litten too! Shiny fire-type starters sure are popular on here aren't they?

Okay so I recently got the shiny charm on Sun, which has seemingly blessed me with considerable luck as of late. Firstly, I SOS chained for a shiny Pikipek late at night, and after what must have been 20 SOS encounters, I found a shiny! I EV trained them for the upcoming battle competition on the same night, but I haven't got an ability capsule to use the multi-hit moves with Skill Link >_< Also last night, I found a shiny Alolan Diglett after nearly 100 SOS encounters, and it's IVs were ridiculously good--4 flawless, one fantastic, and another very good. They came with a Mild nature sadly, but I'm showing them off in the battle competition for sure ;)

Good luck everyone! I plan to MM for a shiny soon, or maybe just breed egg moves and get an accidental shiny instead. That would be fun, really.

Sparky!

Congratulations to everyone on your shinies, especially Cyberra on your litten!

So apparently my Heart Gold game has a shiny charm lol. At 1749 re the 5th mon in my BQ, a shiny flaafy appeared! All 5 have shined way under odds!

In my other hunts I'm at 22 boxes of mimikyu in sun, 5275 re in soul silver, 500 re in heart gold and 2925 sr for my type: null reclaim.

Good luck to everyone on your hunts especially TheMaster327 hope that owl shines soon for you!

Echo Nacyl

Congrats Cyberra! Super awesome on the Litten being female, too.

TheMaster327; I send you all my unused luck from the past week (been too busy to do much outside of the Salandit swap).

Nothing new from me, as busy as I've been. Evolved my Salandit and Combee. Haven't done SRs on SS in a bit, hopefully I'll get some in during my weekend.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
For the first time ever, I actually dived into MMing actively for Shiny Pokemon to use for a Battle Spot team. After 401 eggs, I got myself a Shiny Mimikyu. It's adamant natured, male, and perfect IVs in everything except Special Defense. I'll edit this post soon with a picture; I don't have my laptop on me at the moment.

Edit: Sorry, I won't post a pic because I can't get an overly blurry image of it with my computer's webcam.

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/shiny%20litten%201_zps4za8bvga.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/shiny%20litten%202_zpszlrtgurq.jpg[/img139]

AND IT'S A FEMALE!!!

*collapses*

about freaking time that was one stubborn kitty cat >.>congrats :)

@Masters: good luck on that owl cyberra did it now its your turn ^_^

also my dumb butt accidentally traded over alot of legendaries from oras that I need to have some of the legendary mons to open the mirage spots to shiny hunt them -_- so hopefully I have mons from older games to help me out or I am screwed for soft resetting them...

my next target for shiny hunting is either gunna be another snivy or mimikyu thinking of doing mimikyu though since I got a shiny one by accident for snivy....

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
As I was doing my usual soft resets during my shiny Giratina hunt last night, I finally got it to sparkle hee hee. It took thousands of soft resets, but I managed to catch the shiny Giratina that I've been obsessed with finding for the past couple of months, which makes the whole hunt seem worthwhile. I'm going to take a break from shiny hunting on Pearl now and simply focus on my chain fishing hunts in Y and my Masuda method hunt in Moon. :3