• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies (especially TheMaster327 on that brutal Rowlet hunt) and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

After nearly 600 eggs, Passimian shined! She has five perfect IVs (missing Attack; will be bottlecapped). I trained Passimian and my other recent hatches up (finally) and am working on leveling them to 100. I also started another MM hunt yesterday; Deino. These eggs take an age to hatch, so I am collecting the 5 boxes very quickly.

I checked my stats for the global egg hatching event and am now past 700.

Vroomer

Finally hatched a Shiny Ponyta on my OR today! Oh yeah!!! Under 100 eggs, too!

-Current Shiny Hunts-
Breeding on OR: Litwick
SR on HG: Articuno
SR on VC Red: Mewtwo

Signature with current Shiny list updated.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
TWO SRs? Wow. Best of the three starters to shiny hunt for

Sparky!

Cogratulations TheMaster327 on finally getting that rowlet to shine!

Just a quick update on my hunts because it's been a while since my last post. I was waiting until I had something exciting to report on but it doesn't look that's going to happen any time soon the way my luck is going at the moment.

Soul Silver BQ#2 on route 33 is at 6400 RE. Hoping for a hoppip as I need a mon with worry seed for when I eventually go for kyogre/groudon.

Heart Gold BQ#6 on route 41 is at 9400 RE. I know it's a long shot but I would love to have a shiny mantine on my team.

Moon Mono Ghost TQ is being a pain! Mimikyu is at 1200 eggs hatched so far and taking forever! He will be the 5th member of my Team when it decides to shine.

Sun type: null reclaim is at 4445 SR after resetting over one at 887.

Alpha Sapphire Mono Grass BQ is at 1045 SR for treecko.

Good luck to everyone on your hunts! May the shinies shine on you with all their shiny shininess!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Greedy Chibi on Magikarp, Scherzando on Comfey, oarfish on Jangmo-o, AmethystLeslie on Spiritomb, Giblie on Vulpix, Manakete-Girl on the swap, Crimson Penguin on Dewpider, Manakete-Girl on Drampa, TheMaster327 on Rowlet, maldoror on Passimian, Vroomer on Ponyta, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thank you for the congrats, Crimson Penguin ^ ^

-------------

I finally got another shiny on HeartGold that wasn’t during a swarm! After 5,742 REs, a shiny Farfetch’d appeared!

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/d0ZbXC4.jpg[/IMG200]

Sadly not the Miltank I’ve been after for the last half year, but at least it’s a new shiny! Just a little worried I’ll find more of these either during this hunt or during my hunt for Tauros. This one is male, Quirky, with the Innfer Focus abiity. Will continue to hunt here for Miltank. Hopefully it doesn’t take another 6 months x.X

It was nice to find a shiny today since I wasn’t really able to hunt on Friday or Saturday, and barely at all on Sunday between work and family visiting. Still, this year is going pretty well for me with regards to shinies. 4 in January, 6 in February, and 5 in March, plus already 1 for April and it’s only the 4th! Usually I get maybe 2-3/month.

Good luck, everyone (especially Crimson Penguin, Bumblebee5253, umbreonfan3636, CharlieDoryRose, SheroGH, G-Money, Martinzqx, tui, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well I got the first of my 6 flying type shinies on the 280th egg! It was a Female Starly with a jolly nature with 5IVs and missing attack so I'll need to cap it.

Edit: I was setting up the second flying type I was doing, Doduo and a shiny female showed up since I saved before hand and I had I had gotten a female with adamant nature, I nature swaped. She has 4ivs and had to be missing both defence and attack... Oh well I shouldn't complain for 2 shiny hatches in a day.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I got lucky while I was fishing in Y version cuz I managed to hook a shiny Skrelp while at the Muraille Coast again. I have a shiny Skrelp already tho, so I'll simply store this spare one and use it later hee hee. As far as my shiny Mareanie hunt is concerned, I've decided to stop that this week and just start my next shiny hunt on Pearl, which'll be seeking a shiny Regigigas at the Snowpoint Temple. I've done a few dozen soft resets for that hunt already so wish me luck ha ha. ^^

Echo Nacyl

Congrats on finally getting your Rowlet, TheMaster327. May your next hunt be more gentle.

Been breeding some Tauros, Baltoy, and Vullaby in my spare time, but no luck yet. Will do more SS resets during my weekend this Thur-Sat.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What do you guys think is your luckiest shiny so far?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Awesome Rowlet, TheMaster327, but next time put that inside spoiler tag, the pic is really big :p

Anyway, you all can PM me ideas for the April CH, if no one does the idea collecting yet. We should have a new CH at the end of this week.

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Today I have run into two shinies a feebas and a magikarp while chain fishing

Last edited:

jginz1

Shiny Hunter

I did an SOS hunt for a Shiny Pikipek in Pokemon Sun and it only took 37 encounters. The next day, I got a Shiny Caterpie in only 27 encounters. These are currently my only shinies right now, but during spring break I am going to Soft Reset for the Johto starters to test my patience. Hopefully it will take less than a week!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I did an SOS hunt for a Shiny Pikipek in Pokemon Sun and it only took 37 encounters. The next day, I got a Shiny Caterpie in only 27 encounters. These are currently my only shinies right now, but during spring break I am going to Soft Reset for the Johto starters to test my patience. Hopefully it will take less than a week!

Lucky shinies, at least in my eyes, are when you look for a Pokemon you want on your team and the first one you find is shiny

Radioactive561

So I got Heartgold on Sunday and I thought let's do a Badge Quest. I mean I have't finished my Pearl one but let's start another. So I SR'ed for a starter and yesterday luck finally struck and I got a Shiny Chikorita. He's a Careful nature and is my first SR shiny ever so I'm very very glad.

But then I moved onto my second hunt in Union Cave. I wanted a Sandshrew. Really wanted a Sandshrew. So this morning I woke up and started encountering, did about an hours worth of encounters. And this golden rock appears on the screen. Shiny Geodude! Unfortunately it was the least wanted of the Pokemon in Union Cave but he will be very useful for Bugsy. I'm just shocked that I got two full odds shinies so close together. That has never happened to me before. So moving on to Target 3 which will be Oddish in Ilex Forest I think. Though as I have a grass type that may change!

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

After about 180 eggs, Deino shined last night! She hatched with 5 perfect IVs (missing speed) and will be a special attacker. I collected 5 boxes of eggs and she hatched on the 6th egg of the first box. I still have 3 boxes left to hatch, then I am moving on to Beldum. I got an Adamant Heavy Beldum off the GTS yesterday that I am going to use to start breeding tonight.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector

Shiny Virizion after only one soft reset. I wasn't actually trying to shiny hunt it. I reset because I forgot I didn't have a way to inflict a status condition, since it's immune to Spore. After teaching Thunder Wave to a pokemon, I encountered Virizion again and it was pink.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Shiny Virizion after only one soft reset. I wasn't actually trying to shiny hunt it. I reset because I forgot I didn't have a way to inflict a status condition, since it's immune to Spore. After teaching Thunder Wave to a pokemon, I encountered Virizion again and it was pink.

I remember a let's play where that happened in BW2? I shiny hunted in one of those two and it took over 11,000 SRs for that, so consider yourself really lucky

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I had a quiet week this week, I didn't do a lot of game playing apart from Poke Pelago on Sun, due to many days of working early (I like to play at night). But I did get a shiny zigzagoon on AlphaSapphire through a horde hunt.

This coming week I do plan to do an SOS hunt on Sun for Cutiefly for Easter, since it makes me think of Peeps (I already have shinies of buneary, bunnelby, and azumarill, and had torchic, so the real Easter pokemon are covered).

My luckiest shiny was a shiny poochyena I got by chance in two eggs while breeding. I wasn't even doing a MM hunt.