• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I had a quiet week this week, I didn't do a lot of game playing apart from Poke Pelago on Sun, due to many days of working early (I like to play at night). But I did get a shiny zigzagoon on AlphaSapphire through a horde hunt.

This coming week I do plan to do an SOS hunt on Sun for Cutiefly for Easter, since it makes me think of Peeps (I already have shinies of buneary, bunnelby, and azumarill, and had torchic, so the real Easter pokemon are covered).

My luckiest shiny was a shiny poochyena I got by chance in two eggs while breeding. I wasn't even doing a MM hunt.

I thought peeps were yellow. Shiny Cutiefly reminds me of marshmallows

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
I started doing some starter shiny hunts for some upcoming badge quests.

Current Progress:
HeartGold BQ: 300 SRs for Johto Starters
AlphaSapphire Mono-Water BQ: 25 SRs for Mudkip

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Manakete-Girl on Starly and Doduo, Radioactive561 on Chikorita and Geodude, maldoror on Deino, and everyone else on your shinies!

-------------

Snubbull was swarming on Thursday, so I hunted there. I only did 300 REs that day, but I was leading with Yanma who didn’t yet have Pokerus. Snubbull has Intimidate which means it makes contact and can pass Pokerus…Sure enough, I check the next day and Yanma (along with my Farfetch’d and Relicanth) has active Pokerus. It’s my 2nd time catching it on HeartGold and my 8th time between HeartGold, SoulSilver, Platinum, and Black 2. I can’t really complain since my shiny luck has been pretty good these past few months, but it would have been nice if this 3x-rarer-than-shinies event had just been a shiny instead =\

Really hoping I can wrap this Ralts hunt up soon. It's looking like it might pass Growlithe in terms of how long I've been hunting it. Granted, unlike Growlithe, I only hunt it during the day and have now been mixing in swarms, but still...Ralts is 20%, which is 1 in 5, and I'm on my 7th phase for this hunt, and it's currently over odds again. I think I've done my time, so please just shine already, Ralts >.<

Good luck, everyone (especially Crimson Penguin, Bumblebee5253, umbreonfan3636, CharlieDoryRose, SheroGH, G-Money, Martinzqx, tui, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

Hello all,

Good to see that there are still so many other shiny enthusiasts.

I have been M.I.A for quite an extended period of time now... due to working multiple jobs at once and graduating university and whatnot. Special hello to all of my shiny friends that I haven't spoken to in a while :)

I hope to get back into shiny hunting/ general pokemoning.

I am currently continuing my Heartgold shiny badge quest... currently hunting shiny #3 which is Dratini, although as anyone that had hunted a gamecorner shiny would know... buying pokemon over and over is really boring... so I have been taking time out to RE as well...

Unfortunately though, as it has been so long since I have shiny hunted.. I cant actually remember how many Dratini's that I have bought.. I believe it is around 5500... so we will see how that hunt goes...

Congrats on all the new shinies and good luck everyone.

EDIT!!

So... on April 10th SHINY DRATINI APPEARED! I think I bought around 7139 Dratini overall

Female, lonely nature

IV's are as follows

HP: 25 - 28
Att: 28
Def: 4 - 9
SpA: 20 - 26
SpD: 27 - 28
Speed: 7 - 13

Nothing too spectacular but I am happy that the hunt is over!

I will add a photo when I get the time.

I am not going to start hunting for my next target yet, I am just going to spend some time training up pokemon etc. But I do think I will RE for a shiny Koffing in the Burned Tower.

:) :)

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

TheMaster327

Well now. Looks like my game took pity on me after my brutal owl hunt. After only 629 run aways, this showed up!

[spoil][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C849iA_XkAAlhRV.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C849i4CXcAAvJG2.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C849jrNXYAITNuL.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C849kjvXcAAzTil.jpg[/img139]

Yep, I got my crab sub-1k! Jolly nature too, which is awesome for it! :) [/spoil]

Welcome back Ceecee, and good luck everyone else on your hunts! :)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
So I did some Friend Safari hunting this weekend just for the heck of it hee hee and I was lucky enough to find a shiny Charmeleon. I hardly ever find shinies at the Friend Safari, so this was a nice surprise and I might evolve it into a shiny Charizard. I did some more soft resets for my shiny Regigigas hunt as well and extra egg hatching for my shiny Mareanie hunt too yesterday and once this hunt is done I'm thinking of beginning a soft reset hunt for a shiny Rowlet. :3

AmethystLeslie

A shiny Bulbasaur hatched when i was looking for a female with Chlorophyll. He fit neither requirement, but i got a shiny in 3 eggs, my new record! To think, last time i beat my record, that was Spiritomb just a few days back.

Male, Modest, Overgrow, Pokeball, egg moves Skull Bash, Giga Drain, and Power Whip. Best/Decent/Pretty Good/Best/Best/Best, nicknamed Blackjack since he is my 21st shiny.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
My RE hunt target on route 1 has evidently decided to compete with TheMaster327's rowlet for the title of "Most Stubborn". I'm about to break 12k REs for meowth/grimer. If I get another damn magnemite there will be some raging ><

Edit: And the rowlet keeps the title. After 12,065 random encounters, I get my main target, a shiny Alolan meowth. Now I can move on from here and continue through the main storyline for a while, until I reach another hunting spot (I do want a shiny pikipek at some point). Meowth is male, mild nature, and somewhat vain, with Technician.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I got the shiny charm and within minutes, I found shiny Petilil.

Mild nature, not bad. Speed IV is terrible, but oh well.

I know you guys probably missed me. :>

All right, so I know I haven't done much of that RE hunt (I was too tired to hunt, and one thing led to another...), but I actually started a OmegaRuby Nuzlocke recently. Because I can chain previous catches through DexNav that are decent for experience, I decided to turn it into a bit of an impromptu shiny hunt while I trained. And what do you know- during grinding, after 64 encounters (12 Skarmory, 52 Zangoose), I ran into a shiny Zangoose, a shiny I've actually wanted for quite a while now!

I nicknamed her Fleet, although I might change it later (and once I figure out who she'll replace). She's Hardy, and though I can't check her IVs at all, she at least has Razor Wind as an added bonus. So overall, compared to my other Timid Zangoose, not too bad.

I'll be continuing the hunt as soon as I find something worth DexNaving.

EDIT: Okay, so interesting development. Soon as I hit 100 Zangooses DexNaved (totalling 112 encounters, or 48 if we're starting from when I caught Fleet), I encountered a second shiny Zangoose! I definitely have no issue with this. This one's Quiet with its Hidden Ability, Toxic Boost. It doesn't have any Egg Moves, unfortunately, but by the looks of things, Razor has a marginally higher Attack stat than Fleet. If I use one of them on my team, it'll probably be Razor despite the lower Speed.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Well now. Looks like my game took pity on me after my brutal owl hunt. After only 629 run aways, this showed up!

[spoil][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C849iA_XkAAlhRV.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C849i4CXcAAvJG2.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C849jrNXYAITNuL.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C849kjvXcAAzTil.jpg[/img139]

Yep, I got my crab sub-1k! Jolly nature too, which is awesome for it! :) [/spoil]

Welcome back Ceecee, and good luck everyone else on your hunts! :)

Runaways work with it?

OK, so say I want to SR a Type: Null. When will I know if its shiny or not?

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Runaways work with it?

Look very closely at the blade on its head. Normal has a grey blade, shiny has a coppery blade. It might take a lot of squinting and a magnifying glass. I'm expecting it to when I get that far and try SRing it

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Today while ev training in sun version I ran into and caught a shiny lilpup. IMG_1571.JPG nicknamed sox after my dog

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to all recent shinies

After 605 eggs, a shiny Eevee hatched in my Pokémon Sun game

Male
Nicknamed: Tohru (After a character from the anime Ms. Kobayashi's Maid Dragon)
Nature: Modest
Ability: Adaptability
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31

I'll most likely evolve this Eevee into Espeon after I've EV trained him

Good luck to all future shinies

pokefreak2014

Shiny Hunter!
For SRing Type: Null, I believe you'll be able to check for it's shiny at the nickname screen, just like with the alolan starters. If you need to see exactly how it works, there are videos on Youtube of people hunting for that pokemon (it's a much more friendly hunt than the alolan starters XD ).

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Oh, the Run Away method works with Crabrawler? Nice, I should try it sometime. Hopefully it won't take 2 weeks and more than 2000 RAs like Latias back in Gen 6 lol.

Anyway, there's only 1 person who sent a CH idea to me this time, so no voting needed. The CH for this month is now set :p

The first time you gets shown its model, which is during the "will you nickname/send to box" scene. Pay attention, Shiny Null has a more yellow-ish tint to it.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies :)

Last night in AS, while breeding for a flawless Froakie to send to Moon, I hatched a shiny Froakie. This took me completely by surprise as I wasn't using the MM, but I do have the Shiny Charm. He's Timid natured through Everstone, has Protean and his IVs are 31/0/X/31/31/31 and he has outstanding potential so his missing defence IV is still pretty high. As I already have a shiny Greninja from the Friend Safari I'm going to keep this one as a Froakie. I'm not really keen on Greninja's shiny anyway and so even if he did have the IVs I wanted I would rather get a flawless non-shiny to send to Moon so this Froakie will also be remaining on AS.

Shame he didn't hatch last month as he would have counted for the CH. I plan on breeding for a shiny Nidoran-F on Moon after I've hatched non-shiny Audino and Liepard for my doubles team so hopefully I get that before the end of the month. Will be using the Magikarp swap breeding method for them all (it works very well just for IVs and HA combinations) so maybe I'll get the shiny before the other 2.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Ok taking a break from my flying type hunt after I went and hatched a shiny growlithe as a reclaim as I was half asleep which took about 600 eggs...

I've been SRing Type:Null for the last 3 days and I am at roughly around 1.4k srs (stopped counting at 700srs). In regards to telling it's shiny or not I look at the tail. Hopefully it shines before school starts again which the shiny charm should help with it.