• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

ScragginScrafty

Hows it going fellow shiny hunters, i'm new to this thread however, i've read almost every page of this thread and I gotta say i'm so excited to join this thread. Btw congrats to everyone who's found shinies recently, its been great reading about all of them, so now i think its time to tell you whats been happening with me and my hunts the past couple of weeks.

It all started a few weeks back when I got my capture card, I was able to catch this beauty https://ibb.co/eU2yBQ

after only 399 encounters, its crazy.then the next week I finally got my shiny wimpod after 11,053 sr's. I'll post the link to the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii8y85-7-RI
three days later i found shiny chikorita in my heartgold after about 1700 sr's. I can't get my picture of it to upload right now, sorry.

The very next nay I find a shiny machop on my sun after 1,799 re's while hunting for rockruff, and a spinda after 5,457 re's. Hoping I get my blue puppy this phase.

Finally, I got a shiny bellsprout after 6,896 while hunting for mareep, I just can't seem to catch a break with getting what I want on the first phase. https://ibb.co/dScWWQ

Now i'm hunting a shiny bulbasaur at Professor syncamore's lab in x. Currently at 1,564 sr's so wish me luck, if i get it live it will be the sloyt (second live on YouTube)

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
IMG_1579.jpgYesterday I sos hunted a shiny cleffa. Picture coming soon

Last edited:

Scherzando

scare-TZAN-doe
WHOOAAA SHINY SNIVY! :D I knew it... I KNEW I was gonna get a shiny before this hidden power spread showed up, lol. Unfortunately he won't be able to utilize HP as he got Dragon but whatever. He's 4IV Contrary!!! And in a friend ball too! :3 I was originally breeding for Little Cup, but since he doesn't have a good hidden power then I'll evolve him all the way and bottle cap the one stat he needs. Hopefully Serperior will get some decent tutor moves this generation.

Thanks to Cpchris for the congrats on my last shiny :)

Edit: OMG, got ANOTHER shiny Snivy within 10 eggs! :O Since this one was also the same 4IV spread with Contrary and HP Dragon, I decided to use the swap method and go for the shiny Love Ball HA Eevee I wanted. What's better is that the Eevee is 5IV! I named him after my favorite singer, Mika, and I plan to evolve him into a Sylveon.

Last edited:

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well I finally got lucky after 5 days and 3500+ srs I got my Adamant Shiny Type Null! I could see the difference straight away!

unnamed.jpg

I have yet to name it but the photo is blurry because shaking with happiness.

And the spread is 31/31/?/?/?/31 so pretty good there and I don't need more than 2 bottle caps!

Echo Nacyl

Grats on the Null, Manakete-Girl. I'm gonna go for a second one on my next play of Sun, but that's a bit off.

Up to 5000 SRs on my SS starter.

Did find a shiny Sandshrew and Koffing in hordes in OR the other day.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I thought peeps were yellow. Shiny Cutiefly reminds me of marshmallows

It's the rounded shape that reminds me of Peeps.

Anyway, I did get my shiny cutiefly... after four days... and MANY hours... and a fail on the fourth day. I swear I was paying attention to the game as much as I could, and it wasn't until I hit the attack button that I realized there was a pink cutiefly on the screen. Grrrr. I reclaimed it later the same day.

I also got an unintentional additional Easter-colored shiny two days later. In my somehow-long quest to get a shiny pawniard on White 2, even with a magneton with magnet pull in the lead, I got a pink minccino. Now if that blue pawniard would only show up. :p But at least I have a second shiny mincinno, they are adorable. :)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I heard that Pokemon in the Poke Pelago have a higher chance of being shiny. Is there any truth to this?

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny pikipek after 3,481 REs. I was expecting to get a non-target 'mon before this showed up. But I'm certainly not complaining! Female, modest nature with Keen Eye, and likes to run. Named her Rapidfire.

Back to route 3

Cutty

Forever now
Yay, I just got a new shiny too :3

AnchorAway.jpg

In like 500~ eggs hatched

5IVs, Adamant & in Lure ball.

I think I'm gonna MM for shiny Mareanie next.

Congrats on other new shinies & good luck w/ your hunts peeps :3

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Hatched this fella a while back.

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/6qbpqil.jpg[/img300]

After 10 eggs I think? Was a lucky egg as I was doing a breeding project to trade and he appeared.

He's since been levelled, hyper trained (though had an IV of 29 so still fantastic) and evolved to a Gigalith. Nicknamed Diamondhead as it reminded me of the alien from Ben 10.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies :)

I've hatched 4/5 available members of my doubles team so now I'm working on the last member which is a shiny Nidoqueen. I was originally going to use the Magikarp swap method but I decided to just use the MM normally this time. I'm up to 120 eggs just now. I would have hatched more last night but an unrelated incident halted my hatching and I couldn't get back into it until said incident was resolved. I'm going to spend most of today hatching eggs again and hope I get lucky. As long as the shiny hatches with a 0 attack IV I don't care about the rest of them as those are easily fixable with Hyper Training. Any shiny female with a 1-31 attack IV value, or any shiny male, will be trophy shinies.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts :)

EDIT: Up to 240 eggs. Making steady progress. Hope I get my shiny Nidoran-F soon.

EDIT 2: Now up to 600 eggs with no luck. Haven't had a hunt this long in Moon before. I really hope it shines soon. I don't like hatching eggs in these games as there isn't a very reliable place to do so and running in a circle isn't good for my joystick.

Last edited:

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well I did what appears to be the last hunt I can do during the Easter break and hatched a Calm Prankster Stableye with 5IVs and missing HP.... Another one to bottle cap!

Vroomer

After 145 Litwick eggs - still nothing. So, I put my copy of Y in my 3DS XL & OR in my 3DS. Continued to hatch eggs on OR. La la la.. eggs. Nothing.

Went to the friend safari as I had a few safaris to check out. Was in a fighting one, on my 10th encounter. .. was looking at an egg hatch... when I looked back and Yes!

SHINY MACHOKE! Traded it to my OR for the Shiny Machamp! Oh yes!!!

-Edit-
While replying to the Pokémon Go forum, Shiny Gloom (male) popped in my Friend Safari. Boom! Two Shinys in one day! Boo ya! Total play time of like 1 hour as I had dinner and work to do between my last post and this edit.

-Edit 2-
One of my Friend Safaris is: Pachirisu, Pikachu, & Luxio. Was hatching Litwick eggs on OR and running this Safari on Y. About 2 hours in, Shiny Pikachu. First time getting that shiny. Will continue this Safari and eggs hatching. 184 Litwick eggs & no shiny, yet.

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
It seems like Easter brings luck to me.

After just getting a shiny Dhelmise, I got a random shiny from SOS battle while ev training a mons.

Flyby.jpg

I actually got this a lot from horde battle in X, but hey it's in the new gen.
I think it's my second random shiny after the Crabrawler from the berry tree a while ago.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
After whopping 12 000 and more encounters, I finally got my third Pokemon X Badge quest shiny. It is Shiny Nidoran M with Rivalry ability and Naive nature.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Either shiny Rockruff or shiny Fomantis as my next shiny. Using Magikarp swap and checking IV's. Up to 90 at the minute, had to stop because sleep was required.

Might change the shiny to something else though. Depends what I need to add to my collection.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I got back on track with chain fishing this morning since I had fallen behind with that a bit hee hee. After spending almost an hour trying to reel in aquatic shinies in Omega Ruby and failing, I switched to Pearl and did several dozen more soft resets for my recent shiny Regigigas hunt. I was going to focus on my shiny Mareanie hunt as well today but I felt kind of lazy, so I've put that shiny hunt on hold just for these next few days.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Ceecee-typhlosion on Dratini, TheMaster327 on Crabrawler, WildHennaCharizard on Dugtrio, AmethystLeslie on Bulbasaur, Cyberra on Meowth, Auraninja on Petilil, Paraqua on Eevee, Requiem Aeternam on Froakie, Manakete-Girl on Growlithe; ScragginScrafty on Espurr, Wimpod, Chikorita, Machop, Spinda, and Bellsprout; Scherzando on both Snivy/swap, Manakete-Girl on Type: Null, wobbbanut on Minccino, Cyberra on Pikipek, Cutty on Dhelmise, Frozocrone on Roggenrola, Manakete-Girl on Sableye, Sutittaja on Nidoran, and everyone else on your shinies!

-------------

Looks like a retroactive CH Complete for me with Farfetch’d earlier this month. Hopefully will be completing it at least a few more times this month with some targets :x

Not much to update. Thus far, April hasn’t been too generous – just a shiny Farfetch’d in the beginning. Perhaps my luck has returned to its usual state :x Platinum has been over-odds for a while now and is actually nearing 2x-odds at 15,100 REs. Black 2 went over-odds today and is at 8,600 REs. And HeartGold is starting to creep towards the odds and is currently at 5,600 REs.

Good luck, everyone (especially Crimson Penguin, Bumblebee5253, umbreonfan3636, CharlieDoryRose, SheroGH, G-Money, Martinzqx, tui, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

Scherzando

scare-TZAN-doe
Yet another shiny happened while I was breeding for LC mons! This time it's a Timburr! Perfect 5IV spread, female (and it's a 25% chance!), premier ball, Careful, Iron Fist, and egg moves Drain Punch and Mach Punch. :D I really had my heart set on a nice tan Timburr, but oh well... I think I'll be keeping her for my Little Cup team (especially since I don't like Conkeldurr's shiny all that much and wouldn't want to evolve her, yet I don't want that perfect 5IV HA to go to waste).

Edit: ...WOW. I canNOT believe my luck right now! Same thing happened AGAIN. I decided to breed that Timburr some more and got ANOTHER shiny 7 eggs later, this one being almost the same except male. Instead of keeping a second shiny Timburr, I used the swap method again. There are lots of shiny non-HAs I want, but I figured since this one had its HA, might as well take advantage of it. I put my 5IV HA Gliscor in the nursery with an everstone and got a shiny perfect 5IV Moon Ball HA Gligar! YAAAAY!

Edit #2: O____________________O SHINY ORICORIO! That's my 5th shiny this week! This one is in Baile form in a Love Ball. I just love the black and light pink together! :3

Last edited: