• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Though I haven't had much new progress in my ongoing HeartGold/SoulSilver/Y/AlphaSapphire quad hunt these past few weeks, just a bunch of wurmples and bellsprouts and zigzagoons, I had some unexpected luck. For the last hour I've been doing an SOS chain for boldore in Sun in Poni Canyon for no reason other than to level up goomy so it can evolve (to give myself a break), then I'll switch to a pelliper chain once sliggoo gets to level 49. Just as I was updating my signature right after logging in, a shiny boldore popped up, no joke. I finished updating my signature right after I caught it. Luckily it didn't take TOO long.

I've still got my fingers crossed that a shiny male meowth will show up in SoulSilver one of these days, it's getting tiring.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Congrats on the recent shinies, especially pokefreak2014 on the Rowlet!

I decided my next hunt would be for Mudbray. It's a little early since I haven't won my next trial yet, but I haven't had a lot of time to play the last couple days and I'm ready for another shiny. I'm currently on an SOS chain of 13 allies called. This hunt is much easier than the last two because Mudbray can't hit Dartrix or Salamence, but they don't call for help frequently like Crabrawler. I'm hoping for another quick hunt. Good luck on your hunts, everyone!

Edit: Apparently I have to switch Mudbray more often than my previous SOS targets. They can go so many turns without getting their next ally to appear. I just went so many turns in a row without one calling for an ally that it struggled to death. I guess I will switch every couple of allies called.

Perfect example. In 14 turns, the last Mudbray in my new chain only successfully called 2 allies.

Esit2: ugh, after a chain of 52, I accidentally fainted Mudbray and ruined my chain again. Gotta find another one to start the chain from the beginning

Last edited:

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Today I ran into a shiny feebas on omega ruby. It doesn't have the greatest stats but I will take it. It is now a milotic in sun version

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Anyone ever gotten a random shiny Feebas in Gen III or IV?

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Question: for this global mission, do you actually have to catch the 'mon you fish up, or will catch-and-run away work?

@ AmethystLeslie - yes, the global mission is already over a million. I just checked.

Dewpider is still being annoying at 1,135 eggs and counting.

Last edited:

TheMaster327

Question: for this global mission, do you actually have to catch the 'mon you fish up, or will catch-and-run away work?

Catch and run works. You only need to do 3 items/Pokémon for the reward, I learnt.

Start the weekend on 1,750 Null. Maybe I'll get it over the next two days...?

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny dewpider after 1,306 eggs. 'Bout time... Demon is male, everstoned adamant, and capable of taking hits, with Water Bubble. Now I can move on with the storyline.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I decided to restart White 2 for the heck of it, and I had just recently made it to Virbank Complex. After beating up some Pokemon and a couple trainers, a patch of rustling grass popped up. Needing to level up my Pidove Neville, I run straight into it expecting an Audino.

Well, I got an Audino alright.

A SHINY AUDINO.

HOLY CRUD A FULL-ODDS SHINY THAT EARLY JUST BLEW MY MIND!!!

She is now on my party and her name is Raspberry~!! She's so cute!!

Cutty

Forever now
I finally got my Shiny Mareanie after many many eggs.
Too bad it's got only 4IVs but Hyper Training can fix it. The most important thing it has Regenerator, cuz it's more difficult to get a HA Shiny especially w/ 3 available abilities for it.
It's also in Lure ball.

PrettyPoison.jpg

Congrats on other new shinies and good luck w/ your hunts guys~
I think I'm going after Shiny A-Muk next.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Congrats on the recent shinies!

After that failed SOS chain,I broke down and used the only adrenaline orb I had so far. It was well worth it; the Mudbray were immediately showing up much more often. I successfully caught a shiny Mudbray on a chain of 169 ally pokemon on Saturday! Much longer than Crabrawler and Rockruff!

[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/PtxLVlBm.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/2foRx76l.jpg[/IMG139]

I'm not happy with the ability or the nature, unfortunately. I was watching Hercules just before I caught him, so I named him after the song that was stuck in my head at the time. I need to hurry up and complete some trials before I try for another shiny. Not sure of my next target yet. Good luck on your hunts!

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

After approx. 140 eggs, Wimpod shined! I still have 6 boxes to hatch, so maybe he'll have a friend. I'm not sure what my nest MM hunt will be. Probably Wishiswashi or Alolan Meowth.

Pic: http://i.imgur.com/nJDOwpc.jpg?1

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector

After approx. 140 eggs, Wimpod shined! I still have 6 boxes to hatch, so maybe he'll have a friend. I'm not sure what my nest MM hunt will be. Probably Wishiswashi or Alolan Meowth.

Congrats! Wimpod is likely to be my next hunt after a couple trials. Good luck with Wishiwashi or Meowth!

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?

Nice!

So I just got done with a four day hunting spree in the Friend Safari and ended up with these shinies: 1 Sliggoo, 2 Noibat, and 4 Gabite. I was really hoping for a Timid Noibat, but even with Synchronize, it didn't work. Instead, I got two Timid Gabite *facepalm*. Oh well. I'm going to hunt for Buneary in AS pretty soon. Never realized how cute it looks as a shiny! I'll let you know how that goes. Good luck to you guys and your ongoing hunts!

Echo Nacyl

After a long bout of nothing, I finally got a new shiny last night. Shiny Fennekin hatched after several hundred eggs. Female, Modest, 5V missing Atk, with Wish, Hypnosis, and Magic Coat. Other hunts aren't going anywhere very fast right now.

Good luck to everyone hunting :)

PKxAndulu

SR'ing Heartgold for Shiny Ho-oh I already got one I just wanna have a staple Shiny Ho-oh following me around. Looking for a second shiny Magikarp in Pokemon GO or just the red Gyarados itself would be neat. On Pokemon Omega Ruby I'm SR'ing for a shiny Cresselia. I am not putting in the time I use to or want to by the way so this will be a slow process or not.... GL HF EVERYONE!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
SR'ing Heartgold for Shiny Ho-oh I already got one I just wanna have a staple Shiny Ho-oh following me around. Looking for a second shiny Magikarp in Pokemon GO or just the red Gyarados itself would be neat. On Pokemon Omega Ruby I'm SR'ing for a shiny Cresselia. I am not putting in the time I use to or want to by the way so this will be a slow process or not.... GL HF EVERYONE!

I didn't know shinies were something on Pokemon GO. What determines them? What are the chances? Is it possible to hunt in Pokemon GO for shinies and if so how?

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I didn't know shinies were something on Pokemon GO. What determines them? What are the chances? Is it possible to hunt in Pokemon GO for shinies and if so how?

currently only magikarp in honor of the red gyarados that was most people's first shiny encounter. It's completely random from what I've heard and even if two people catch the same magikarp, they won't both be shiny even though they'll have the same IV spread.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
currently only magikarp in honor of the red gyarados that was most people's first shiny encounter. It's completely random from what I've heard and even if two people catch the same magikarp, they won't both be shiny even though they'll have the same IV spread.

Yeah, the Shiny Magikarp is said to be special in that only you will be able to have it be shiny. It is specific to one, and only one, person, which is cool. That being said, mine has garbage IVs lol

In other news, I found a Shiny Buneary today! She's Quiet natured (which sucks, but hey! I'll take it!) and I LOVE the pink fur! Don't know what to go for next, but when I do, I'll post.

TheMaster327

There's also Exeggcute line, but that's all.