• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

It's been awhile since my last shiny and even longer since I've gotten a shiny legend, but today was a great day, also in under 60 resets!, I just got the charm in my OR game last night and went straight for her, she's a beauty, Calm nature which is what I was going for 4 perfect iv's, 31/23/31/19/31/31, pretty awesome iv's will be transferred to my moon game eventually to fix that SPATK :) looking forward to using her as a mega when the stone is soon released! My next hunt is my cresselia in AS which I started about a week ago and was about a few hundred resets in before I stopped to finish my OR game
[img139]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p269/vegitto3045/image_zpsnioy9wcb.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny oricorio #2 (sensu style) after 456 eggs. Female again, everstoned timid and alert to sounds, xx/31/31/31/31/31, with Dancer.

Hatched three 6IV sensu-style oricoria while looking for this beautiful shiny.

Up next is the pom-pom. Saving pa'u for last since it's the one I like the absolute least

Edit: I decided to do some random wonder trades with my breejects while shuffling the population in my festival plaza, and I am getting some great breeding material. A purple minior in a moon ball, bagon and gible in beast balls, a luxury ball sandygast... So many nice things in awesome balls to breed later.

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Has anyone here successfully used Cute Charm with SOS chains to get a shiny female Salandit?

I'm having a strange feeling that Cute Charm has a bug in this game like it did in gen 4. I returned to my Salandit hunt in hopes of getting that female. I'm currently dual chaining Salandit and I have now had 3 chains go passed the 255 mark between my two games without a shiny appearing. Based on my Crabrawler, Rockruff and Mudbray hunts, this is very odd. Maybe I'm just having terrible luck, but I can't help thinking maybe there is a bug. I might do my next round of chains without cute charm and hope for the best.

When your chains hit the 255 reset, do you keep going? or do you start over? I have so far soft reset to save my berry supply in Moon since I haven't had as long as Sun to grow up a good stock. I figure if the chain is resetting anyway, I might as well take a few extra seconds to reload the game and have all those berries back. It also helps keep my pokemon from over leveling.

Edit: found a youtube video of a guy using Sylveon and getting a shiny female. Guess I'm just having bad luck lol. Good luck with your hunts.

Edit 2: just shadow balled a shiny on a chain of 18. wasn't paying very much attention since it was so early in the chain. didn't even see if it was male or female. going to go die now.

Last edited:
@Team Volt Grunt: Can't really say much from experience, considering I've only got two SOS shinies (only one exceeding that point), but I personally just keep going. I hate the feeling of having to break a potential chain. I think the only reason I'd do so would be if I needed to heal and was low on items.

Sorry about the Salandit, though. I hope you can reclaim it soon.

To everyone else, congrats on any other shinies you've got! Good luck on your future endeavours.

I took a break from EV training to shiny hunt Rockruff. It was a pretty long search, but after a total of 511 encounters, I found myself a shiny! Unfortunately, he happens to be Modest, but I'd be fine with using him ingame alongside Holly. I never checked his IVs, but I'll probably do that later. I nicknamed him Blueberry.

I'm taking a bit of a break again to finish EV training Scorpio. I'm still using chains for that, so I'll keep an eye out for shinies while I do. After that, though, I'm either going to MM for Nidoran (hopefully male) to reclaim the one I lost in the Safari Zone all those years ago, or try and SOS chain something else. Maybe Growlithe.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny oricorio #3 (pom-pom style) after 596 eggs. Timid, capable of taking hits, 31/31/31/31/xx/31, Dancer.

One more form to go. Then on to sandygast, or I may try the magikarp swap trick to see if I can get a shiny beldum in a dream ball. Once I get one with the right IV spread and nature from normal breeding, that is...

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Finally!!

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/6yAqO21l.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/IKXUaFYl.jpg[/img139]

I was on my 9th chain of this hunt, she was the 145th ally to be called. She's Lonely and likes to thrash about. I named her Felicia after the Black Cat because I couldn't really think of any more relevant female bandits and because I can finally say "Bye Felicia" to this annoying hunt! I'm off to the Lush Jungle to finish up my trials on Akala Island and move on to Ula'ula.

Good luck on your hunts!

Hunter of shiny

shiny huntress
i've finally got my shiny mewtwo in about 8.000 sf'reset, i'm so happy, good luck with all yuor hunts! :)

Echo Nacyl

Finally! After many days and probably thousands of SRs, shiny Virizion is finally mine. Adamant (successful sync), Mischievious, 6-7/4-5/31/31/31/24-25. Caught in a Heal Ball.
So glad that's out of the way. Now I can set up my SOS Trevenant and move on. Maybe. Might do that tomorrow and just do SS REs today.

Last edited:

SheroGH

Congrats on all recent shinies!!

Today I got two shinies! In the morning, I got a second shiny Chikorita after 2519 SRs on HG!

[img139]http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr319/sheroo1992/shiny%20chikorita%202_zpsz4bthbsv.jpg[/img139]

I really wanted a Totodile so I traded this Chikorita to Diamond and started a new file to see if I can get one.
Then in the afternoon, I got a shiny Articuno after 1197 SRs on my LG!

[img139]http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr319/sheroo1992/shiny%20articuno_zps2uvknsh8.jpg[/img139]

2 in one day! This is the second time it happened! Now, maybe I'll try to get a shiny Unown or go for Moltres.

Good luck on all your hunts!

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Congrats on the recent shinies, especially that Articuno! Another shiny graced my presence today! After an SOS chain of 49, a shiny Stufful appeared.

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/K5ZOX0s.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://i.imgur.com/OShmWak.jpg[/img139]

She's Relaxed and Mischeivous with the Fluffy ability. I caught her in an ultra ball; I think that's the closest to her colors. I named her Snuggles.

Good luck on your hunts!

Edit: I was dual hunting in Sun and Moon when I got the female Stufful in Sun. I decided to continue the chain in Moon and another shiny appeared after a chain of 156, this time a male!

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/VBHStl1.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://i.imgur.com/3ggAFiU.jpg[/img139]

Unfortunately, he ended up with a Calm nature and the Klutz ability. He likes to thrash about. Named him Roosevelt after the president teddy bears are named for.

Last edited:

Zero1999

Got another shiny in the afternoon, this time on my Moon version, decided to SOS a Rockruff, and at a chain of 16, a blue one appeared, it's a female and Adamant nature ^^. Going to evolve her to Lycanroc-Midnight.

Good luck on your targets.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
A couple of days ago I got a shiny lv 100 oricorio on wondertrade in my sun wonderlocke. It's name is Plumeline and has a bad nature but still cool. Its the pink form and looks albino XD

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Cyberra

pain in the ***

Already done, Shine, and I fixed my hunted shiny pics back to the tornadus I SRed in November. I don't see much point going farther back than that.

After reading about Zero1999's success in SOSing a shiny rockruff, I decided to take a break from my oricorio MM and try for myself. I have been at it all freaking day on a single SOS chain, over 500 SOS calls for the furry little prick and am rapidly running out of both leppa berries and patience. If the little bugger doesn't shine soon I'm just gonna kill it and go breed another one >.<

Edit: I lost patience with rockruff at 512 SOS calls. Later I went back intending to chain to 30, then test out Hypnosis on the latest one called, catch it if it didn't have Vital Spirit, and SR if it didn't have its HA, Steadfast. I was 27 SOS calls in when guess what appeared.

A blue freaking rockruff.

Male, named Rahu after the Hindu deity of night and eclipse, Docile, mischievous, and has Vital Spirit. Got him in a dive ball. He's gonna be a midnight lycanroc.

Edit #2: Apparently rockruff can only be evolved to lycanroc-midnight in Moon. Could anyone on my friends list who has a copy of Moon possibly evolve him for me? He's holding a lucky egg so one battle in Poni Meadows or somewhere over there should be enough to level him up for evolution (I don't have any rare candies at the moment).

Edit #3: :D Rahu is now a gorgeous, fully evolved midnight-form lycanroc

Last edited:

Phillies

Shiny Igglybuff really seems to hate me. I am on my 4th SOS chain and so far they have ended with me getting a shiny Happiny, me accidentally ending one when I wasn't paying attentions and a shiny Jigglypuff.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Congrats! I've managed to get a shiny Articuno, and I'm currently searching for a HG shiny starter

my luck continues with another short shiny legend hunt, this time in my AS game, only a few hundred resets and got this beauty, she is Bold Nature so synch worked :), my next legend hunt will be the Latios that is in my AS game! congrats on all the recent shinies, and hope you all have great luck like myself ^_^
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/Y3pSIje.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny oricorio #4 after 1117 eggs. The Shiny Oricorio Project has come to an end :D

Female (they're all female), everstoned timid, likes to thrash about, 31/31/31/xx/31/31, with Dancer.

Up next is sandygast.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Caught my trial quest shiny #8 this morning! A Sandygast made of black sand appeared on my second SOS chain after 46 allies called.

[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/3rjskl4l.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/xxXpduwl.jpg[/IMG139]

I caught him in a luxury ball and named him Gaara after the character from Naruto. He's hasty and likes to thrash about. I wish his nature was the opposite since he's slow as dirt anyway and he'd benefit from the boost in defense. He did end up with Water Compaction, though. No real plans for my next hunt yet. Possibly Drampa. I wish Type: Null was available before the end of the game. I'd really like to SR one as part of my trial quest.

Good luck on your hunts! Especially Cyberra, who seems to be after the shiny I just got lol.

Edit: I have officially decided my last 3 trial quest shinies will be Dewpider, Togedemaru, and Drampa in that order. This should round out my typings much better since I somehow ended up with 2 ground types, 2 ghost types, and 2 fightning types. Also, I'll have one shiny for each trial and for each Kahuna thanks to the shiny male Salandit I caught earlier. I'm already saved at Brooklet Hill so I can search out Dewpider once it becomes daytime in Moon. After I become champion, I'll go for Type: Null before anything else.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Nice catches! :)

Been trying for a shiny Articuno in my Fire Red. But I've only done around 200 srs or it so far. Gotta get back it.

Still working on the shiny Magikarp hunt in Moon version.