• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Wow, never thought I'd post here with a shiny Pokemon of my own.

So, this is kinda funny tbh, the way how it went. I started building a team for the battle tree, and my first Pokemon was a Mimikyu. I about hatched 30-35 eggs, got what I wanted(5IV jolly Mimikyu) and I was happy and I went on to next Pokemon. While breeding next, I decided to discard the non 5IV Mimikyu and I come across this little dude sitting in a corner.

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/TbOzAXP.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/FMyzJuZ.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
Shiny Glowlithe appeared after 350 eggs. 5IV 0 Atk o_O w/ Flash Fire...
I'm not gonna train or evolve it although I can fix it. I'll just try to MM for a better one in the future.

Yellow.jpg

I have some spare Adamant Glowlithe -SpAtk Intimidate w/ 4 EM and in Level ball if anyone is interested. Just VM/PM me to set a trade time :)

I'm gonna hunt for shiny Pikipek next. I always like Shiny Toucannon and I use one in my Moon playthrough.

Congrats & good luck w/ your hunts ppl~

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Another quick hunt! Shiny Dewpider arrived after a chain of only 31 allies!

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/QWT1EkCl.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i.imgur.com/MbOcCNGl.jpg[/img139]

I caught him in a Dusk Ball and named him Argyros after part of the scientific name for the diving bell spider that may have been the inspiration for Dewpider. He's bashful and alert to sounds. He ended up with Water Bubble, the ability I was hoping for.

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Finally another shiny IMG_1744.jpg. She took a 15 timer balls to catch IVs are 31/31/xx/xx/31/xx and is Gentle nature. The ability is Lightning Rod

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny sandygast after 311 eggs :D Male, calm nature and somewhat vain, 31/31/31/xx/31/31, with Water Compaction and in a luxury ball. Gonna train him into a badass palossand.

Up next on my list is yungoos, since somehow I don't have gumshoos registered in my dex yet o.o

Edit: Well, that was quick... Shiny yungoos after only 31 eggs. She's adamant and capable of taking hits, xx/30/31/31/31/31 (HP is 1-15, not great, but that's what bottle caps are for, right?), and she got her HA, Adaptability

Stufful is up next.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Been a while since I posted here, thought I might as well.

Over the last week I've gotten quite a few shinies, and am actually doing my first full odds hunt in White.

I've gotten Dedenne, Sawsbuck, Seviper, and Bergmite from Friend Safari, a Ducklett at a 37 chain with Pokeradar, and a Lillipup from SOS.

M.P.

Retired
Just managed to get my first Shiny by SOS chaining: a Zubat. Wasn't keeping track of the chain's length (it was definitely over 100, though).

Will be trying to chain Alolan Rattata next.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Anyone interested in a 6IV Jolly, luxury ball stufful? I've hatched six of them in under 130 eggs while trying to hatch a shiny. No shiny yet, though

Echo Nacyl

Having no luck in my breeding or SS REs yet, but I have found a few shinies via SOS since my last post. Sandygast (Serious, Sand Veil, 31s in HP/Atk/SpDef/Speed), Paras (Modest, Effect Spore, 31s in Atk/SpAtk/Def/SpDef), Cleffa (Hasty, Magic Guard, 31s in HP/Def/SpAtk/Speed), and Haunter (Lonely, 31s in HP/Atk/Def/SpDef).
EDIT: And now Fletchinder, which completes my Fletchling line of shinies. Careful, Flame Body, 31s in HP/Atk/Def/Speed.

Last edited:

M.P.

Retired
After several hours, I finally managed to chain a Shiny Rattata! Like Zubat, it wasn't hard to catch.

I might chain for Magnemite or Sandile next.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny stufful after 428 eggs. Female, everstoned jolly, capable of taking hits, 31/31/31/xx/31/31. Unfortunately she got Klutz instead of Fluffy, but an ability capsule will fix that.

I was going to MM for wishiwashi next, but I really want kommo-o. So I'm going to breed for a shiny jangmo-o next instead.

M.P.

Retired
I got two more shinies via SOS chaing yesterday: Meowth and Magnemite. I also attempted chaining Grimer, but didn't succeed.

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Tried to catch a shiny Pichu in beast balls which I had 33 of them. Then I used two love balls and then used one timer ball to catch this IMG_1758.jpg his name is Beast Pain in honor of all the beast balls I used. :)

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Shiny Togedemaru appeared after 102 allies called on Friday. He's calm and takes plenty of siestas. I named him Butterball and I used my level ball to catch him.

[IMG139]https://i.imgur.com/GfmF0uF.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://i.imgur.com/hr7BqkU.jpg[/img139]

Also got my shiny Tapu Koko on Friday. with the timing, I half considered counting it toward my trial quest lol. Drampa MM is likely to be my next and final hunt of the quest.

edit: I finally got a shiny Magikarp in Pokémon Go! I had over 800 candies, so it immediately became a red Gyarados.

Last edited:

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
It took me forever (12 hours) to get a shiny yungoos View attachment 16799 she has stakeout and mild nature

Edit: my second shiny today. It is a shiny riolu. It was hatched after 82 eggs. The IVs are 31/31/31/31/31/xx

Edit: holy cow my shiny luck is going crazy today. I just hatched my 3rd shiny of the day. This time after only 20 eggs growlithe shined for me. She doesn't have the greatest stats but she has four eggmoves

Last edited:

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to
Requiem Aeternam on Rowlet, Echo Nacyl on Cyndaquil and Fletchling, Completely Insanity on the haul, TheMaster327 on Fletchling, Completely Insanity on Fletchling, tomatohater on Eevee, blastoise92 on Popplio, TheMaster327 on Bounsweet, Requiem Aeternam on Salazzle, Ascended Dialga on Torchic, Sonic Boom on Venonat, TheMaster327 on Magnemite and Togedemaru, StrongBad456 on Koffing, Atome on Stunky, versus on Latias, AmethystLeslie on Gible, Laurelai on Joltik, tomatohater on Ralts, StrongBad456 on Roselia, AmethystLeslie on Gible, Cyberra on Lillipup, Krokodyl on the haul, Crimson Penguin on Chimchar, DJX on Litten, needsalimegreenespeon on Glameow, tomatohater on Lotad, maldoror on both Togepi, Cyberra on Mudbray, TheMaster327 on Oricorio, tonyg44x on Type: Null, tomatohater on Yanma, Cyberra on Rockruff, Samayouru on Turtwig, Cyberra on Rowlet, Cyberra on Salandit, Team Volt Grunt on Rowlet, TheMaster327 on Exeggutor and Pancham, AmethystLeslie on Absol, Doomdour on Sentret, Cyberra on Wimpod and Mudbray, maldoror on Trapinch, Ampharos_Spark on Mimikyu and Drifloon, LilyValley on Dhelmise, oarfish on Wimpod, maldoror on Type: Null, Hunter of shiny on Gastly, Echo Nacyl on Minior, WishIhadaManafi5 on Feebas, Earth Wolf-Howl on Starly, Completely Insanity on Scatterbug, TikTok13 on Mawile and Skarmory, maldoror on Eevee, Ampharos_Spark on Volcarona, Completely Insanity on Reshiram, Laurelai on Type: Null, malroror on Magikarp, AmethystLeslie on Wailmer, Cyberra on Mareanie, Frozocrone on the swaps, TheMaster327 on Absol, Completely Insanity on Zekrom, Kalosian on ?, maldoror on Roggenrola, pokefreak2014 on Rowlet, KaleeyJ on Tentacool and Linoone, AmethystLeslie on Magikarp, maldoror on Cutiefly, V on Cyndaquil, Shinyhunter1990 on Feebas, Cyberra on Dewpider, Kurloz Makara on Audino, Cutty on Mareanie, maldoror on Wimpod, Echo Nacyl on Fennekin, Cutty on Grimer, Hunter of shiny on Treecko, Shinyhunter1990 on Rattata and Magikarp, nel3 on Shellos, TheMaster327 on Type: Null, SheroGH on Rowlet, maldoror on Wishiwashi, Veens on Type: Null and Shuckle, Cutty on Cubone, Hunter of shiny on Zigzagoon, Mrs. Oreo on Mareanie, oarfish on Medicham and Type: Null and Dialga, Ampharos_Spark on Burmy, Cyberra on Exeggutor, SheroGH on Budew, Cutty on Oricorio, Crimson Penguin on Bidoof ( :/ ), SheroGH on Rhyhorn, Baggie_Saiyan on Vulpix, FairyWitch on Mareanie, maldoror on Sandile, Zero1999 on Clefairy, SheroGH on Geodude, Team Volt Grunt on Cyndaquil, Cyberra on Type: Null, Cyberra on Vulpix, Earth Wolf-Howl on Venipede, Cyberra on Sandshrew, Cutty on Pyukumuku, Cyberra on Oricorio, oarfish on Gligar, Team Volt Grunt on Wimpod, oarfish on Rowlet, Zero1999 on Pinsir, Charizard_Rulez84 on Latias, Cyberra on Oricorio, Earth Wolf-Howl on Rockruff, Cyberra on Oricorio, Hunter of shiny on Mewtwo, Echo Nacyl on Virizion, SheroGH on Chikorita and Articuno, RedJirachi on Articuno, Charizard_Rulez84 on Cresselia, Cyberra on Oricorio, Lt. BLEU on Mimikyu, Cutty on Growlithe, Cyberra on Sandygast and Yungoos and Stufful, Badoine on Raticate, Shinyhunter1990 on Yungoos and Riolu and Growlithe, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats on my previous shiny, AquaRegisteel and Completely Insanity :)

-------------

Starting in mid-May, I began to take a break from hunting. It seems there always comes a point once a year or so that I have to take a week or a few weeks off from hunting before I get completely burned out by it. Towards the end of the month, I started to really get that itch to hunt again, but continued to put it off…But finally, after nearly 2 months, I resumed!

Night 1 I only managed to do 100 REs, but then the next day on the 68th RE, I found a shiny Tauros on HeartGold after a total of 11,768 REs!

[IMG200] http://i.imgur.com/zZ4bfxo.jpg[/IMG200]

I wasn’t expecting to get this the first phase since it’s only 20%...Which, aside from just being a 1 in 5 chance, I’ve typically had significantly worse luck than that when hunting a 20% target (Growlithe, Ralts). Perhaps since I was also okay with Gloom and Hoppip it didn’t matter as much to the game ;)

That was back on July 5th. My current hunt (which has actually been a long plan to eventually work on completing the Mareep line) – Caterpie/Metapod during the day and Girafarig/Venonat/Flaaffy at night! This is my best chance for Girafarig right now, plus it’s the same chance as Flaaffy, and I also have a chance to get Venonat which is something I’ve wanted for a very long time and hope to target soon enough regardless! I’m thinking even if I find a Flaaffy first, I should stick around till I get Girafarig just to see if I get any Venonat in the process.

Took me a while to actually post about this since I was waiting to catch up on the thread. Unforunately, I’ve really only been getting around 100-200 REs/day when I hunt. Right now, Black 2 is at 23,600 REs, Platinum is at 8,400 REs, and HeartGold is at 1,900 REs.

Good luck, everyone (especially Crimson Penguin,Terra Force, TheMaster327, Bumblebee5253, umbreonfan3636, CharlieDoryRose, SheroGH, G-Money, Martinzqx, tui, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
congrats everyone on there new shinies :D

anyway still mming this stubborn mimikyu hatched about 403 eggs before mearnie and took a break to mm mearnie which I did get it in 61 eggs, I then just went back to it hatched about 330 eggs so total of 733 eggs and no sign of mimikyu yet...

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I got lucky at the Friend Safari this morning while hanging out there on X version and encountered a shiny Quilladin, which I caught and transferred to Bank. This is my seventh Friend Safari shiny Pokemon and I'm going to resume searching for shinies at the Friend Safari when I finish doing some more chain fishing later in the evening. I've also done some more soft resets for my Regigigas hunt. :3

Cyberra

pain in the ***
470 eggs hatched for jangmo-o. I've found a dozen 6IV ones (timid nature; I may use the magikarp swap method to get another one with a jolly nature later). Still looking for that pink head-scale.