• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I can agree with all that, but thats not the only problem Masuda's answer has, see every person who buys a copy of the game can get the same legendary pokemon, we know the value of legendaries in the game but it's not something unique already as Masuda said,adding shiny forms to the legendary pokemon gives them something unique and makes them not have the same appearance as the legendaries other people get and let's be honest, not everyone would want to SR for a shiny legendary, in the end, no damage is done by quitting the shiny lock, Masuda's answer make no sense.

^This

1,300 eggs for jangmo-o and the little bugger still shows no sign of wanting to shine for me

Erron Black

The Outlaw
After getting my Shiny Mudbray the shiny gods blessed me with very fast hunts for a shiny Sudowoodo and Morelull via SOS! I'm glad Morelull was quick because it's a HUGE pain to SOS it unprepared due to Flash and Moonlight.

Not sure what I'm going for next, but I'm super excited!

EDIT: For those that are unaware I'm doing an SOS challenge to SOS a unique Pokemon from every accessible route/area. I'm currently on Akala island and have gotten Lillipup, Mudbray, Sudowoodo, and Morelull here. I'm at Wela Volcano Park and have decided to go for Fletchling, so wish me luck! :)

Last edited:

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to maldoror on Swinub and Zangoose and Wooper, Auraninja on Petilil, Cyberra on Ribombee, maldoror on Aerodactyl and both Chansey, TikTok13 on Mawile and Meowth, SheroGH on Groudon, and everyone else on your shinies!

-------------

Haven’t had any luck since Tauros. I’m not even at half-odds on HeartGold yet (3,900 REs), so I’m not expecting anything from there…But Black 2 is now 3x over odds at 25,600 REs and Platinum just hit 10,400 REs, so shame on those two >_< Although, I’ll be pretty disappointed if Platinum gives me something I don’t need more of, which tends to happen a lot…

I did find a couple shinies on Rumble though – Caterpie and a 2nd Floatzel – but that’s it.

Good luck, everyone (especially Crimson Penguin,Terra Force, TheMaster327, Bumblebee5253, umbreonfan3636, CharlieDoryRose, SheroGH, G-Money, Martinzqx, tui, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
We'll never get shiny legendaries in any future game due to "balance" and how legendaries should be unique already. www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB8EskmscKg around the 2:49 mark, Masuda talks about it, dissapointment.

Anyway, just got 2 shinies in my Moon version, the first one was a Kangaskhan while looking for a shiny Cubone, the second one was a shiny Salandit but....you can guess what gender is.

I'll take a break from SOS in Moon and go for Dratini on LG, probably go to complete the Gamecorner pokemon since Dratini and Porygon are the ones missing.

That seems like an excuse to have the monopoly on shiny legendaries via event

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
^This

1,300 eggs for jangmo-o and the little bugger still shows no sign of wanting to shine for me

dear god that thing is stubborn >.> I hatched about 440 eggs and before taking a break and went to mareanie I hatched about 403 eggs giving me a total of 843 eggs and no sign yet so I might be catching up to you soon with this very stubborn mimikyu >.<

Hunter of shiny

shiny huntress
i have finally got my shiny charmander in Leaf Green, it took 8585 sf'reset, it has a quirky nature, not good but not bad either. I'm so glad this hunt is finished, hope you all find your shiny soon :)

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
I have been shiny hunting a Johto starter in HeartGold for 5 days now. Last night, at 3AM, shiny Totodile appeared, but due to muscle memory, I reset over it.

Kind of bummed, but it's the one I wanted to shine the least, so I guess it's not that bad... right?

Right?

Still annoyed tho.

TheMaster327

So I got an Entei after only 1,893 SRs!
[spoil][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFsb97EWsAAVPIc.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFsb_ZdWsAADjXr.jpg[/img139][/spoil]

It decided to be a pain to catch while asleep but first Ultra Ball when awake caught it. Go figure. Great IV spread: 24, 25 / 24, 25 / 31 / 31 / 23 / 31. Adamant sync failed but it still turned out Brave!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
dear god that thing is stubborn >.> I hatched about 440 eggs and before taking a break and went to mareanie I hatched about 403 eggs giving me a total of 843 eggs and no sign yet so I might be catching up to you soon with this very stubborn mimikyu >.<

"Stubborn" is putting it mildly ¬¬

1,705 eggs and counting. Let's see which happens first... it shines or I break 2,000 eggs

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
Well well well... this is an interesting turn of events. So I missed a shiny Totodile last night, but I just got another one! And... well, I'm quite pleased with the nature!

Who the hell knows how many SRs it took. Nearly a week's worth, and I was doing it for around 10 hours a day. A lot of SRs.

[spoil][img139]http://i.imgur.com/LbPxBz4.jpg[/img139][/spoil]

SheroGH

Hi, congrats on all recent shinies!

Yesterday I was hunting on Route 3 in FRLG and after 1180 REs, a shiny Spearow appeared!

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/zDMSXMu.jpg[/img139]

With this, I completed the evolution line! Now I'm going for Snorlax.

Good luck on all your hunts!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Got my Shiny Fletchling last night! It was a longer hunt, but not as long as my Mudbray.

Now I'm SOS'ing Stufful, and I think my next target will be Pyukumuku, though I've heard it's a little troublesome to SOS, anyone got any tips?

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Well I'm bummed out just failed to catch my first shiny, a shiny beldum. Oh well back to trying to find another one

Zero1999

Been dual hunting Eevee in LeafGreen and Mewtwo in Yellow on VC for 4 days but nothing has shown, guess I'll have a long way to go for these guys.
Also is it possible to use the Moon Shard later on XD once I have the ability to trade? Or does it works only with the Eevee I get in the story?

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Well I'm bummed out just failed to catch my first shiny, a shiny beldum. Oh well back to trying to find another one

Beldum is a pain in the arse to catch even when it's not shiny. It has the same catch rate as non-storyline legendaries (3%). Best bet is to have something ghost-type in the lead so it can't take recoil damage from Take Down, get it to sleep, chuck balls at it, and hope for the best. I think I may only have succeeded once in catching a wild beldum, and only a couple times in catching metang. Most of my shiny metagross have been from breeding.

XP I just hatched my 2,000th egg for jangmo-o. And the little [bleep] still refuses to shine for me.

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
After 350 Dewpider eggs, I got pretty impatient, and packed my Kartana and Sableye for an SOS hunt. First Pokémon to appear was Dewpider, and after 15 allies, this little bug popped up.
[IMGSIZE=600]http://i.imgur.com/BdOKhPY.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
Wasn't hard to catch; I false swept it and threw a luxury ball. Crit capture!
[IMGSIZE=600]http://i.imgur.com/zpROCXj.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
She ended up Serious, which is a nice personality, but a disappointing nature. Nevertheless, I'm still SUPER happy that I caught her ^_^

I'm probably going to take a break from Shiny Hunting, but my next target is Type: Null. I already have the Shiny Charm, so hopefully it won't take TOO long.

Good luck and congratulations to all other hunters.

Last edited:

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Beldum is a pain in the arse to catch even when it's not shiny. It has the same catch rate as non-storyline legendaries (3%). Best bet is to have something ghost-type in the lead so it can't take recoil damage from Take Down, get it to sleep, chuck balls at it, and hope for the best. I think I may only have succeeded once in catching a wild beldum, and only a couple times in catching metang. Most of my shiny metagross have been from breeding.

XP I just hatched my 2,000th egg for jangmo-o. And the little [bleep] still refuses to shine for me.

I was using a decieye and false swipe and I thought it was more than 3% but that makes sense.

TheMaster327

Note that the 3 catch rate is not 3%, that is 3 times out of 255. So it is in fact less than 3%. That's why stuff like Magikarp have catch rates of 255. This can still fail at full health as full health divides catch rate by 3. Status and ball modifiers can improve the catch rate though.