• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
You just jinxed yourself.

1,345 eggs into my shiny beast ball magikarp hunt and no gold fish yet. At least with magikarp the hunt goes quickly.

Probably but hey if I did all well hopefully you get that magikarp soon

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Persistance pays off!

After numerous weeks horde hunting in Y in the swamp area and getting a small army's worth of shiny bellsprouts and shiny skorupis, I finally got my shiny ekans. :) Now I can add him to my shiny Rocketdex. After I PokeRadar for shiny Carnivine as long as I'm in the area, I'll either go for lickitung or arbok next. Geez, why are so many of Team Rocket's pokemon, except yanma, in the difficult-to-obtain hordes? :\ LOL

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
So I am mming for a female Salandit. Hopefully won't take more than 852 eggs lol. Good luck to all of you in your hunts

I wish you the best of luck because that 12.5% is extremely low to finding a female unless your just catch it in the wild maybe with sos calling....this is why i am so scared to mm for a shiny female popplio which I know it will be male...

anyway took a break from that pesky mimikyu hatched about 1,600 eggs and still no mimikyu shiny rip....I think i got cyberra luck lol good luck to all hunts still going and congrats on the new shinies...

TheMaster327

So I've taken a break from my Smoochum horde hunt to MM Sableye. It didn't take long as after only 169 eggs this popped out!

[spoil][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIG66YGWAAEbOu2.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIG67qGXYAAqYFt.jpg[/img139][/spoil]

Parent was Sassy 5IV no Speed but sadly the IV spread I got was slightly off. Still lots of eggs left to hatch, so I might get a second!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny magikarp get, after 1,576 eggs. Male, Jolly, 4IV missing SpATK (which I don't care about) and Speed (which I do care about and will bottle cap once he reaches lvl 100), somewhat vain, with Swift Swim and in a beast ball.

His name is Red Kaiser, or "Red Emperor" since Kaiser is German for Emperor.

Next will be mimikyu... I got one of those in a beast ball from WT, too. Just need to get the right nature and IVs on it.

ShakLax

First of all, compliments to everyone for your recent shinies!

I tried to breed a shiny Hawlucha, but I gave up momentarly after about 1500 eggs. I tried with Stufful and it arrived in about 200. I love him: it's 5 IV (missing Sp. Atk) and I'll try to use him in double battles. I don't like its normal pink color at all, but I think it's a pretty good pokemon and can be useful with the right support.

Now I'm going to try with Tsareena, because I love her design.

Zero1999

Finally, after 6 days of SR in LG, I managed to get a Shiny Aerodactyl,it ended being a female to my surprise,Quirky nature and Rock Head as an ability,not bad,guess I'll go to Omanyte or Hitmonlee.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
http://i.imgur.com/fJOzbpN.jpg

Got lucky with a 300 egg Roggenrola. I love how it's fully evolved form looks so I gave it a shot. But, now I have another Pokemon I need to trade to evolve along with my Haunter. :p

I'd help you evolve your haunter and boldore if you'd help me evolve my machoke into machamp. PM me?

115 eggs hatched for mimikyu. I got the nature I want (Jolly) and the IV spread, now I just need the color (or lack thereof since the shiny is white).

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
After 120 eggs still no shiny female Salandit. Got like five 6 ivs male Salandits though

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
I want to die.

I have been soft resetting for days, and I finally get "perfect" gen 1 Shiny Mewtwo stats, except the defense which is one stat off. Also there are 8 possible stats in the defense that would have made it shine. I really wanna cry. :(

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/vCzxvjK.jpg[/img139]

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I want to die.

I have been soft resetting for days, and I finally get "perfect" gen 1 Shiny Mewtwo stats, except the defense which is one stat off. Also there are 8 possible stats in the defense that would have made it shine. I really wanna cry. :(

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/vCzxvjK.jpg[/img139]

You know you're a hardcore shiny hunter when you shiny hunt for shiny Pokemon before shiny Pokemon were introduced

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
You know you're a hardcore shiny hunter when you shiny hunt for shiny Pokemon before shiny Pokemon were introduced
Definitely requires a lot more attention, since you're not just looking at colour to indicate a successful hunt. Which I think negates the shame of master ball chucking. Still though, stat checking is absolutely exhausting. Which is what will make this shiny better than any other.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I saw the news a few days ago about the upcoming Shiny Mimikkyu event distribution at Japanese Pokemon Centers. Since I live an hour away from a Pokemon Center, I'm thinking of visiting it to get this elusive Shiny. It's partly due to Shiny Mimikkyu being one of my favorite Generation 7 Shinies, and also because the "Shiny Ghost Party" Halloween merchandise line intrigues me. So two birds, one stone.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Keep at it, Confusious. It will definitely be a worthwhile shiny when you can finally transfer it to Sun/Moon!

I think I might start with Articuno and save Mewtwo for after the birds when I'm ready to hunt the Red/Blue legendaries. Possibly after Type: Null finally shines.

Unova Yorker

City Girl
Keep at it, Confusious. It will definitely be a worthwhile shiny when you can finally transfer it to Sun/Moon!

I think I might start with Articuno and save Mewtwo for after the birds when I'm ready to hunt the Red/Blue legendaries. Possibly after Type: Null finally shines.

If you want another crazy shiny hunting method, look up arbitrary code execution and the item 8F. Even if you think it's cheating, it's so interesting to just research. Especially if you're into the gen 1 games, seeing how far pushed to the limits the game could be pushed. I got a shiny Venasaur before crashing my game and losing my data (lol) and believe me, it's not an "easy way"/cheating. It takes A LOT of planning and forethought.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Just started ORAS for the first time, a bit late I know, but I've been in a Pokemon slump and focusing on other things. However, I still adore gen 3, and the remakes are fairly faithful to the originals bar a few little things I've noticed. Hopefully going to SR Latios when I encounter it in the story, but I know the SR's take ~3mins, so I guess I will be in for the long haul. Might transfer my living dex over from X to get the Shiny Charm to try and speed it up! Good luck to everybody who is currently hunting! c: