• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

ShinyMimic12

Master of Shinies
The OT is Dan, met at Fabled Cave at Lv. 50 (which, if I'm correct, is the right info, on 7/12/15).

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
I had a typo there I was agreeing.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Just got a Lv. 100 Shiny Adamant Japanese Thrashing Reshiram holding a Master Ball, 31 IV A, D, & SA and a moveset of Blue Flare, Fire Blast, Fusion Flare and Hyper Voice. Is it legit?

The OT is Dan, met at Fabled Cave at Lv. 50 (which, if I'm correct, is the right info, on 7/12/15).

Hard to say if it's legit without seeing more details. Seems fishy that the OT is Dan, but it's Japanese. At the very least, I would assume it's cloned.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
...I was wonder trading off some breejects/shuffling the population of visitors in my festival plaza and someone sent me a shiny latios. I'm not sure if it's legit or not...

Latios (shiny)
Level 100
6IVs
Caught (apparently) in Hoenn
OT: AuSLove.TV (ID No. 54321, which is suspicious all in itself)
Timid nature
Has an absolute buttload of ribbons... All the ribbon slots are filled. Looks like a lot of Hoenn contest ribbons and some for recalling events? Plus champion ribbons from Hoenn and Kalos, battle ribbons, that footprint one...
Holding a soul dew

I'm suspicious of this latios. Pretty sure it's hacked

wonder trade shines I would not trust however I am pretty sure its a hacked seeing how that many ribbons there on it...

after posting that I saw the post below you lmfao

anyway ended up getting stuff in my shop so after done breeding I will set up my next shiny hunt for alolan vulpix with ha in love ball....

ShinyMimic12

Master of Shinies
I have a Japanese 4 31 IV Male Vulpix with Drought from a Wonder Trade on my Omega Ruby...

EDIT: The perfect IVs are Defense, Sp. A, Sp. D, and Speed. It's in a Luxary Ball, Timid, Mischievous, Lv. 1, with a moveset of Flare Blitz, Extrasensory, Ember, and Hypnosis.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What are your guys' favorite green shiny? Mine would be shiny Chansey. It reminds me of both St Patrick's Day and a four-leaf clover, which I feel is very fitting for such a hard to obtain shiny

ShinyMimic12

Master of Shinies
I guess Shiny Roselia, since: A. It's the only green shiny I have, and B. The roses are beautiful colors.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
What are your guys' favorite green shiny? Mine would be shiny Chansey. It reminds me of both St Patrick's Day and a four-leaf clover, which I feel is very fitting for such a hard to obtain shiny

My favorite is probably a tie between Shiny Ninetales and Shiny Suicune.

Still working on my shiny Magikarp hunt. It's one stubborn Pokemon to get to shine. :p Not giving up on it though.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
*headdesk* What is it with hacked shinies in WT?!

Was reshuffling the population in my festival plaza again by wonder trading some breejects. Got some good stuff... A jolly fast ball mimikyu, a Regenerator mareanie in a dive ball, an Iron Barbs togedemaru in a beast ball...

...and then a lvl 99 shiny xerneas in an ultra ball.

That one is a clear hack... The event xerneas came in a cherish ball; the one in X was locked so a shiny xerneas can't be in an ultra ball. While it is a nice shiny (I like the blue and white) the fact that it's such a blatant hack condemns it to the trash bin.

In other news, I'm up to 595 eggs for Alolan geodude. Once I get it I'll be breeding fletchling.

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life

Roselia or spirtomb are my favorite green shinies because black and purple go super well with green and spirtomb is spirtomb enough said there

Frozocrone

Miraculous!

I actually got two while breeding for a giveaway xD

Favourite green shiny...probably the Fomantis line.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Well, I think I'm ready to come out and say that I've, in the last month or two, officially become a casual-level shiny hunter myself. My current project is to MM for shiny variants of Serena's team from the anime (just the species though considering Fennekin's gender ratio). I've just gotten my first of the three! :D

Shiny Sylveon MM.JPG

The name S-sylveon is supposed to actually be Serena-Sylveon (to be like "Ash-Greninja"), but there's not enough room for the whole name.

Anyway, going for Fennekin now. Wish me luck! :D

Last edited:

JohnnyBlaze

Shiny Hunter
Now before anyone says anything, I know beast ball Porygon is illegal but I like how much it matches with Porygon. lol I bred for my Porygon with offsprings of the hacked parent, to avoid it being a direct offspring of a hacked Pokémon, and I chose to do this simply because I liked the idea. I worked hard for this Porygon and traded away a few legendaries just to acquire the original Beast Ball Porygon on GTS, whether people believe it or not, so no hate please! :) Anyways, with that out of the way, I hatched the little bundle of joy right at 160 eggs! Rest assured, breedjects and original parent were released and will not be spread on Festival Plaza! This is my personal project and it brings me a lot of joy... Hope you guys like it too...

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Well, I think I'm ready to come out and say that I've, in the last month or two, officially become a casual-level shiny hunter myself. My current project is to MM for shiny variants of Serena's team from the anime (just the species though considering Fennekin's gender ratio). I've just gotten my first of the three! :D

View attachment 16883

The name S-sylveon is supposed to actually be Serena-Sylveon (to be like "Ash-Greninja"), but there's not enough room for the whole name.

Anyway, going for Fennekin now. Wish me luck! :D

It saddens me it's not Pixellate but congrats all the same! Shiny Sylveon is one of my favourite Eeveelution Shinys (Umbreon takes the spot for best IMO).

Best of luck with Fennekin!

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Shiny Chikorita appeared in SS! Ive been resetting on and off for only a week!

[IMG139]https://i.imgur.com/GJxhxN5l.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]https://i.imgur.com/OEQhqhSl.jpg[/IMG139]

I contemplated the name Autumn, but it didn't really seem appropriate for a male. He's Mild and likes to thrash about (seems contradictory). I'll be trading him to HG temporarily so I can try for Totodile to complete the trio and play through the game with all 3 shiny starters!

SheroGH

Congrats on all recent shinies!

Finally after two months, I got the starter I wanted the most on my Heart Gold! After 7945 SRs, Shiny Totodile shone!

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/jF3BYOS.jpg[/img139]

Now I will finally play through the game!

Good luck on all your hunts!

Sprat1993

I picked up Pokemon Sun yesterday and come across a shiny Metapod.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
*sigh*

After 1,010 eggs, I finally get my shiny Alolan geodude. It's everstoned adamant and somewhat vain.

But...

Its IV spread is /31/xx/31/31/31/31. It lost the ATK IV. And it got Sturdy instead of Galvanize. I am a sad Cy.

Maybe later I'll try for a better one. For now, though, I'm moving on to fletchling.

Hello,

I used to shiny hunt religiously in High School, and obtained quite a few shinies via Mesuda Method and Pokeradar chaining. But I stopped hunting for a while due to a busy schedule in College. Now that I got back into shiny hunting I found a love for hunting via random encounters and soft resetting, especially in the gen 4 games. I am currently working on my very first Badge Quest in Heartgold. I obtained a shiny Chikorita after only 433 resets and recently got a shiny Mareep on Route 32 after 8570 encounters. For my third badge I'm hunting Dratini from the Game Corner. After a couple of hours raging at Voltorb Flip, I managed to obtain enough coins to buy five Dratini's. Hopefully with how many Dratini's I see per reset, this hunt will go faster than Mareep. So far I've seen 625 Dratini's.

Good luck, everyone!