• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Finally! I beat the League on 8/20 and went straight to Gladion. It's been a month and a week of soft resetting, but shiny Type: Null is finally mine!
[img139]https://i.imgur.com/jGG5oQ0l.jpg[/img139][img139]https://i.imgur.com/RL9fB5Hl.jpg[/img139]
It ended up with a Naive nature, so I could go physical, special, or mixed. Silvally's signature attack is physical, so I'm leaning physical.

Good luck on your hunts!

Edit: 2nd shiny today!

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKwB4rTXoA08_B9.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKwB4q8WkAAkaC-.jpg[/img139]
sorry the pics are so big. Imgur isn't letting me upload pics at the moment so I used twitter.

I will continue trying for Totodile once I trade this over to HG. I nicknamed this one unlike the last one. If I end up getting a Cyndaquil before Totodile, I'll just nickname all 3 that I use in my actual play through.

Can the Poke Radar be used in the Great Marsh? I'm going to search for a Shiny Skorupi in Platinum and want to know ahead of time.

Even if it does work in the Great Marsh, you only get 500 steps. That doesn't sound like enough steps to get to a chain high enough to find a shiny. Unless you can recharge the radar just by changing directions on the same spot.

Last edited:

ShinyMimic12

Master of Shinies
Can the Poke Radar be used in the Great Marsh? I'm going to search for a Shiny Skorupi in Platinum and want to know ahead of time.

Edit: About time! In Sun, I was chaining for a Shiny Comfey and forgot it was raining; ended up catching a Shiny Goomy! I probably won't use her, but I love me some golden slime! She's Jolly, with 31 IV Speed and high IV Sp. Def.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Pretty jelly. Guys, of the three Johto starters, the easiest to shiny hunt for, which is your favorite shiny version?

ShinyMimic12

Master of Shinies
Pretty jelly. Guys, of the three Johto starters, the easiest to shiny hunt for, which is your favorite shiny version?

Thanks! I'd probably say Totodile, since it's my favorite of the Johto starters, and I like the colors.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Spoke too soon. At last, I have obtained the shiny Johto starter! I have called the shiny Chikorita Autumn. I shall be playing the game up to Sudowoodo, who I shall SR next. Maybe, I dunno, maybe just in the Silver remake. I will certainly be making sure the Eevee on my future team is going to be shiny, a shiny Umbreon most likely

Cyberra

pain in the ***
:D OMG I am so happy right now...

The magikarp showed up at egg 1003. I switched in my gible, collected the shiny egg, and hatched it...

AND IT GOT ITS HA!!!!!

Skybite is female, everstoned jolly, xx/31/31/xx/31/31, alert to sounds, and has Rough Skin. She's going to be an awesome garchomp.

Total eggs: 1,038

Next I'm going to go for a shiny scatterbug, then collect the next load of eggs for my egg trade hunt with TheMaster327. After that I may switch to beldum.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I don't like the shiny versions as much as the originals for the gen 2 starters, but Feraligatr is probably the one I like most. Their shiny forms kind of look like they were drained of their normal brightness instead of changing colors.

Spoke too soon. At last, I have obtained the shiny Johto starter! I have called the shiny Chikorita Autumn. I shall be playing the game up to Sudowoodo, who I shall SR next. Maybe, I dunno, maybe just in the Silver remake. I will certainly be making sure the Eevee on my future team is going to be shiny, a shiny Umbreon most likely
We must think alike. Look at my picture in my last post haha

ShinyMimic12

Master of Shinies
Things are starting to look my way! Just SOSed a Shiny Crabrawler! Will update shortly.

She's Sassy, with perfect Attack and Defense, along with Anger Point!

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Alright, next SR I'm focusing on is Latias. I plan mainly to focus on SR shinies that are hard or impossible to non-SR for shiny otherwise

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

shiny cyndaquil for sure i just love the purple flames XD i am sring it right now for a shiny on virtural console silver version XD

so guys i am about to get to 400 srs in and no shiny yet wonder if i will go over the odds or not we shall see i know its not much srs but i can't give up XD

good luck and congrats to all other shinies that were just obtained after my last post ^_^

also question gen 2 i know that ivs affect it to be shiny however there is a youtube video saying you can abuse the game by time and date to affect it to be shiny on the first try is that right? does date and time have anything to do with it being shiny?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
shiny cyndaquil for sure i just love the purple flames XD i am sring it right now for a shiny on virtural console silver version XD

so guys i am about to get to 400 srs in and no shiny yet wonder if i will go over the odds or not we shall see i know its not much srs but i can't give up XD

good luck and congrats to all other shinies that were just obtained after my last post ^_^

also question gen 2 i know that ivs affect it to be shiny however there is a youtube video saying you can abuse the game by time and date to affect it to be shiny on the first try is that right? does date and time have anything to do with it being shiny?

I feel some shinies should keep some old colors. I wish Hitmonchan had its original blue shirt in future games, that was a cool shiny effect

Sorianwarrior

Hi everyone!Below you can see my current list of wants. IVs not needed. Please help and I am interested in shinys also not on the list, but I would prefer to keep event legendarys for quest shinys. Id like everything lvl 40 or lower. I would like all Gen 6 or lower through ORAS or X/Y if possible. Thank you! Im not to picky about balls but i am curious.

seviper
Staryu
lunatone
burmy - Current Masuda
comfey
Koffing
Charmander

For trade:
shinys

Moon:
Moon:froakie, pidgey, Raikou, gengar, Slowking, Dragonite, gigalith, koffing, Zoroark x2, gyarados, giratina x2, ralts F, Jirachi, Trevenant (nicknamed)

rares - celesteela, Phermosa, Xurkitree, Keldeo, Xerneas, darkrai, mewtwo, arceus, hoopa x3, darkrai, Moltres, Kyogre, entei

gen 6 shinys
corsola, pidgey, gligar, magneton, absol, Ho-oh, pidgey, umbreon, cascoon, spearow, electivire (Nicknamed)

rares
jirachi, genesect, phione x3, Azelf, Uxie, Zapdos, Articuno, Shaymin, jap Arceus, Meloetta, Hoopa, Regice, Moltres, Deoxys, Latias x2, Entei, reshiram, Virizion, Victini, mewtwo, hoopa, Cressalia,

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Hi everyone!Below you can see my current list of wants. IVs not needed. Please help and I am interested in shinys also not on the list, but I would prefer to keep event legendarys for quest shinys. Id like everything lvl 40 or lower. I would like all Gen 6 or lower through ORAS or X/Y if possible. Thank you! Im not to picky about balls but i am curious.

seviper
Staryu
lunatone
burmy - Current Masuda
comfey
Koffing
Charmander

For trade:
shinys

Moon:
Moon:froakie, pidgey, Raikou, gengar, Slowking, Dragonite, gigalith, koffing, Zoroark x2, gyarados, giratina x2, ralts F, Jirachi, Trevenant (nicknamed)

rares - celesteela, Phermosa, Xurkitree, Keldeo, Xerneas, darkrai, mewtwo, arceus, hoopa x3, darkrai, Moltres, Kyogre, entei

gen 6 shinys
corsola, pidgey, gligar, magneton, absol, Ho-oh, pidgey, umbreon, cascoon, spearow, electivire (Nicknamed)

rares
jirachi, genesect, phione x3, Azelf, Uxie, Zapdos, Articuno, Shaymin, jap Arceus, Meloetta, Hoopa, Regice, Moltres, Deoxys, Latias x2, Entei, reshiram, Virizion, Victini, mewtwo, hoopa, Cressalia,

this thread is for discussion. You'll want to post here to make trades: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?655018-Shiny-Trading-Thread
Good luck!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Basically yeah, without a shiny ditto you can't breed a shiny eevee in gen 2 because if the raticate is a shiny male only the opposite gender eevee can be shiny due to dv inherentence and due to 1/7 gender ratio and gender being determined by dv's like shinyness it's impossible.
Couldn't you breed the first female Eevee you get with whatever, and then get a shiny Male Eevee?

You pass on the Defense IV of 10 and the Special IV of 2,10 no matter what (I believe) so you could just breed the female Eevee with an inert shiny gene until you get a male Eevee that is shiny.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Which is your favorite shiny Eevelution? I am quite partial to Umbreon, the deep blue rings complement its black fur really well. Glaceon is a second choice as its a good example of a shiny that looks good by simply changing the hue of the color

ShinyMimic12

Master of Shinies
Probably Sylveon; blue just suits it well.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Which is your favorite shiny Eevelution? I am quite partial to Umbreon, the deep blue rings complement its black fur really well. Glaceon is a second choice as its a good example of a shiny that looks good by simply changing the hue of the color

I'm fond of shiny Eevee actually, the grayish and white tints look great on him.

pokemon trainer mystery

Couldn't you breed the first female Eevee you get with whatever, and then get a shiny Male Eevee?

You pass on the Defense IV of 10 and the Special IV of 2,10 no matter what (I believe) so you could just breed the female Eevee with an inert shiny gene until you get a male Eevee that is shiny.

This would be the case if the male shiny in this scenario could pass the defence and special dv to a male but a male shiny will only pass shinyness to a female which isn't possible in gen2 with 1/7 gender ratios.

Hunter of shiny

shiny huntress
So After 2 phases and a Total of 37920 RE (13797 for a zigzagoon) i FINALLY got my Shiny nincada in sapphire it's male and has a modest nature (perfect for shedinja), never thought this day would come...

ShinyMimic12

Master of Shinies
So After 2 phases and a Total of 37920 RE (13797 for a zigzagoon) i FINALLY got my Shiny nincada in sapphire it's male and has a modest nature (perfect for shedinja), never thought this day would come...

Great! I was planning on getting one in OR. What do Phases mean?