• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Godspeed, friend. I just got mines. Naming him Alswaltz, cheers!

Congrats, that is so exciting. Still searchjng for mine and I haven’t had any luck.

Shao-May

Trainer in training
All this talk about shinies made me want to get back in the game and complete all these hunts I dropped since I needed a break from them at the time.

Right now SRing for Cresselia in Omega Ruby. Maybe it's because I had to soft reset for an hour just to have the island to appear. But I'm already impatient to see her shine. Also, I wanted to build a new shiny team to start Ultra Sun when it comes out, just like I did for Omega Ruby.

Man I just don't know how I did it. These horses just does not want to shine! Especially Ponyta. I found one in Platinum and stupidly killed it by a high roll like 5-7 years ago and I'm still mad about it.

I'll get you one day!

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well I was using the swap trick so it wasn't ages to hatch eggs although it is funny how that happened. I have limited time so I had to abandon it.

Yeah I don't have the patience for GS hunts I just ran around doing the coin case glitch in the end and getting good nature Lugia, Ho-oh and the beast trio (Assuming they didn't change the exp = nature thing) so yeah won't be mentioning them due to the glitch despite being obtained without cheating because I don't want to cause a fuss and legitimacy questions.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
As usual, new month, new CH.

Any ideas? XD

Back to the basics: ghost-types, spiders, cats, things that go bump in the night.

Looking for an excuse to breed my shiny moon ball gastly, pumpkaboo, and phantump.

Took me 6 eggs to get a jolly beldum and another 24 eggs to get the IV spread I wanted. Now I'm hatching boxes of magikarp. Up to 150 fish hatched looking for that shiny one

rustycorpse

shiny hunter
trying to mm a shiny zigzagoon on sun moon before i start shiny hunting any ghost pokemon for halloween, is there anything specific you need to do in masuda method other than having a pokemon from a different language game?

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well just make sure that if the other pokemon if it's not ditto, zigzagoon or linone that they are in still in the same egg group.

I would also recomend using everstone if you want a nature (like adamant for example) so that you can make sure that you get it.

JohnnyBlaze

Shiny Hunter
trying to mm a shiny zigzagoon on sun moon before i start shiny hunting any ghost pokemon for halloween, is there anything specific you need to do in masuda method other than having a pokemon from a different language game?

Having the shiny and oval charms help (if you don't have them already), too!

Last edited:

rustycorpse

shiny hunter
Thanks both of you and I've got the charms so everything's good on that front , nature doesn't really matter for now though as i only use zigzagoon for the pickup ability

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
I'm happy to help while I browse the form and try to make a somewhat competitive team for when Ultra Sun and Moon come out and I get access to Heracross's hidden ability because I want to hunt that and don't want to get ripped off on GTS as I wish there was an ability filter.

You should be good then.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Been using the Friend Safari for shinies, namely trying to get a shiny Ivysaur. Got a shiny Tangela instead. I'm probably going to try getting shinies here instead of Dexnav

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Been using the Friend Safari for shinies, namely trying to get a shiny Ivysaur. Got a shiny Tangela instead. I'm probably going to try getting shinies here instead of Dexnav

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Been using the Friend Safari. So far I've got a green Tangela

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Your first message was already loud and clear RedJirachi, no need to triple post.

As I was IV breeding for HP spreads for gastly, a shiny one popped out in the
5th egg ! I was quite surprised since I hatched two other shinies like maybe 5 days ago.. such Luck xd

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Woop! Finally got my Shiny Paras from SOS. Gonna try some full offs hunting now! Think I'm gonna go for Lycanroc/Jangmo-o. Wish me luck! :)

xEryChan

Demon Child
Currently hunting a shiny Alolan Vulpix. I’m not that far along right now but if it takes long, I might move on and hunt something else but I have no idea what.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Your first message was already loud and clear RedJirachi, no need to triple post.

As I was IV breeding for HP spreads for gastly, a shiny one popped out in the
5th egg ! I was quite surprised since I hatched two other shinies like maybe 5 days ago.. such Luck xd

Apologies, the forums were acting up and caused some issues with posting

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

I have been kind of off and on hunting lately (I've been doing more online battling), focusing on my Skill Link Minccino hunt. Last night, after 700+ eggs, Minccino shined! One small problem...she has Technician. The hunt continues...

Pic: https://i.imgur.com/ljFA3xT.jpg?1

JohnnyBlaze

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

I have been kind of off and on hunting lately (I've been doing more online battling), focusing on my Skill Link Minccino hunt. Last night, after 700+ eggs, Minccino shined! One small problem...she has Technician. The hunt continues...

Pic: https://i.imgur.com/ljFA3xT.jpg?1

Happened to me but with Charmander, Good luck!