• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I decided to try for a shiny mareanie to add to my collection of Team Rocket shinies, which I knew would be a long and complicated process since it only appears with corsola SOS chains. At least I got an escavalier with a quick claw to battle against it. On my first try, I got a shiny corsola, my second ever, but I'm not complaining since I love its shiny. :D I'll keep trying for mareanie, hopefully I'll get it soon. I'll work on it while I'm trying to complete my Moon pokedex.

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well I did a 'traditional hunt' for once as I am starting to tired of seeing nothing but Magikarps for Alolan Sandshrew and didn't expect much from the 60 eggs I gathered as I was expecting a long hunt but egg #43 decided to have a blue-bellied Sandshrew in it with it's hidden ability.

Well at least it wasn't my Alolan Vulpix episode all over again where I had 3 Snow cloak shinies before my Snow warning Shiny Vulpix shined and that was a 1,200 egg hunt I think.

FINALLY! After 2,127 resets, which totals to 10,635 seen, I finally got a purple dragon! Definitely my longest hunt to date. Named him Elliott because shiny Dragonite kind of reminds me of the dragon from Pete's Dragon, which also convinced me to evolve it as I used to hate the green.

I'm honestly not sure what do do for my next hunt yet. I had my first three hunts planned out, but the next few badges I haven't decided yet. After I beat Whitney I might have it figured out.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
What is it with fish pokemon not wanting to shine >.< I just hit 1,300 eggs for wishiwashi. It has evidently decided to take a leaf from magikarp's book and be a stubborn little pest

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Decided not to bother shiny hunting Sudowoodoo in HG. May do it on the Virtual Console in future. But I certainly will when it comes to Eevee

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well this was one very productive half term break I'll say and it ended with one last shiny which I didn't expect because I was expecting a long hunt as I have been havign <300 egg MM hunts but apparently not! Egg 113 of today's little hunt and a shiny male Noibat showed up.

Well I won't be hunting as much till USUM comes out and will do Vullaby then pause till the 17th (Thank goodness my uncle both knows I like pokemon and my birthday is on the 11th so I get my USUM copies as a combined Birthday/Christmas gift.)

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
I am so happy that this hunt only took 148 eggs 32E3962B-E000-46BA-852E-2D603ED4CA06.jpg it is only missing speed and is adamant

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I have begun SRing for Bill's Eevee to be shiny. I will also use it to score on the Voltorb Flip

Cyberra

pain in the ***
2,000 eggs for wishiwashi now. Stubborn little minnow XP It really does not want to shine so I can breed a ghost for Halloween.

Here's a question: would Adamant or Brave be a better nature for dhelmise?

Edit: After 2,094 eggs, wishiwashi finally shines for me. Male, quiet nature, capable of taking hits, Schooling. He's 5IVs missing SpATK, which is the one stat I did not want it to miss >.<

Last edited:

maldoror

Here's a question: would Adamant or Brave be a better nature for dhelmise?

I went with Brave for mine; EV training in both defenses. At lvl 100 with hyper training, it's pertinent stats are HP 283, Att 327, Def 298, SpDef 279, Spd 104. Hope this helps.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I went with Brave for mine; EV training in both defenses. At lvl 100 with hyper training, it's pertinent stats are HP 283, Att 327, Def 298, SpDef 279, Spd 104. Hope this helps.

Most people I've seen hunt it on YT seem to pick adamant. I have dhelmise of both natures, though for now I'm going with adamant. 65 eggs hatched already.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Most people I've seen hunt it on YT seem to pick adamant. I have dhelmise of both natures, though for now I'm going with adamant. 65 eggs hatched already.

If you want to use it in Singles its better to have Adamant.
When you want to use it in Doubles its better to go for Brave, due trick room.

But ehh.. its not an HUGE deal or diffrence between these two natures for Dhelmise.... Brave opens up Hidden power potentional, since his Sp.ATTACK is not that bad.

Regarding nature topics.. I am currently hunting for a shiny Turtonator.
What would be the best nature for it? (I plan to use it for doubles), would love to hear some opinions.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
If you want to use it in Singles its better to have Adamant.
When you want to use it in Doubles its better to go for Brave, due trick room.

But ehh.. its not an HUGE deal or diffrence between these two natures for Dhelmise.... Brave opens up Hidden power potentional, since his Sp.ATTACK is not that bad.

Regarding nature topics.. I am currently hunting for a shiny Turtonator.
What would be the best nature for it? (I plan to use it for doubles), would love to hear some opinions.

I prefer Modest usually. Otherwise one that hinders attack and raises one of the defenses.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Well, I did get a Halloween ghost shiny. Shiny dhelmise after only 147 eggs. It's everstoned adamant, takes plenty of siestas, 31/31/31/xx/xx/31, with Steelworker. I was not expecting to get it that quickly.

Zubat next. I got one with Infiltrator from a horde in Y for breeding purposes.

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

After about 200 eggs, Yamask shined! She is Bold with the egg moves Memento and Nasty Plot. Halloween ghost shiny get!

Pic: https://i.imgur.com/NBB28kp.jpg?1

And while not main game, I got another ghost shiny this Halloween!

https://i.imgur.com/6gM6nMt.jpg?1

Found this one while trick or treating with my kids.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
So I was playing Black 2 (I don't have a 3DS so I have to make do with playing Gen 5 earlier) in Giant Chasm, and I see a dust cloud. Normally, after I beat the champion/fill the dex, I normally spam max repels. So a max repel was active, and I walk into this dust cloud. Shiny excadrill. Totally random as I normally don't care about shinies.

It was a good thing I saved my master ball.

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
After 199 sos calls this shined 43EF815C-D76A-4C76-8EBF-AA847FA3A86A.jpg she is calm nature

Echo Nacyl

Managed to hatch a shiny Mimikyu on Halloween. Jolly, Moon Ball, 31s in everything but HP.
Really need to work on my SS BQ but I've been distracted by VC Gold.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny zubat after 647 eggs. Male, everstoned Jolly, mischievous, and he got his HA, Infiltrator, which I'm very happy about. He's 5IV missing SpDEF, though, which I am slightly less happy about.

Think I'm going to breed fomantis next.

Edit: ...Okay, scratch that. I went out to route 5 to SOS for a HA fomantis, and on the 27th successful SOS call, I got...

...a HA shiny fomantis.

Male, bashful nature, capable of taking hits, Contrary. He's 3IV, xx/0/31/31/31/xx

New MM target is morelull

Last edited: