• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Congrats on the shinies!

I'm still working on my Magikarp hunt with no luck in Moon and on my Cyndaquil in Silver. I'm hoping that one of them shines sooner rather than later.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I got a shiny Pikipek today. I had been hunting it for a couple of days and I got it today. Did not even take me over a hundred SOS calls to get it and I am just over the moon. After the shiny Rockruff, I needed some good luck.

Shiny Pikipek.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
So mad at myself >.< I took a break from hatching morelull to SOS chain corsola. Got up to 197 pokemon called and hit "run" by accident. Will have to try again later...

160 morelull hatched so far.

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
I can't remeber if I said my luck would go south and it did... I am at 1,110 eggs for Vullaby right now and I only just swapped to Magikarp as I want my Vullaby before the 11th so I can celebrate my birthday and figure out what I am doing in both US and UM as I am getting both.

One things for sure if the legendaries aren't shiny locked I am going to SR Yvetal and Latias as they are some of my favourites.

Cyberra I hope you got my luck. Those 1,000+ MM hunts I struggle with due to college and my patience. I'll just keep hatching those Magikarp and hoping.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny morelull after 393 eggs. Female, named Magic (as in "magic mushroom"), everstoned Bold and capable of taking hits, with Effect Spore. She's 4IVs, 31/0/31/31/31/xx. I'm quite pleased.

Switching over to sandile.

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
I wish my luck didn't take a nose dive... At 1530 eggs for vullaby and just want the baby vulture to shine already...

TheMaster327

Well, that took longer than planned. 4,106 SRs, 16,424 bought with 34,490,400 coins, and finally, I get my pank dragon!!!

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DN9jcSRX4AABiaj.jpg[/img139]

Next hunt will be Route 39 on a wild duck hunt, but I might do a batch of Scatterbug eggs first.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Grats on that dratini :D

I just hatched a shiny sandile after only 337 eggs. Female, everstoned Jolly, takes plenty of siestas, with Intimidate. She's 4IVs but one of them is not her ATK stat. Gonna need to bottle cap that.

Think I'm gonna do porygon next. I have one in a dream ball that I caught in Dream Radar I can use as a breeder. I also went out and caught a trapinch in a beast ball for a future MM; was expecting to use up all my beast balls with no luck just because of the 0.1 catch rate, but I caught it in the very first beast ball. How's that for luck.

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well after doing this box I am going to reset the shiny swap as 1770 eggs is a bit insane on my end. I really just want my vullaby so I can do my 2x charmander hunt...

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Congrats on all your shinies! Been doing causal hunts in y version and last night right before I was going to bed a shiny murkrow appeared. Will have the picture up soon

EDIT: here is the picture C19DC8FD-68A3-4476-94B1-395BCDFB9A86.jpg

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
...Okay, that happened...

I was hatching porygon looking for the right nature and IV spread, and after only 34 eggs a powder-blue and pink porygon hatches.

It's lonely nature and takes plenty of siestas, with Download. 4IVs, 31/31/31/xx/31/xx

Growlithe next...

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Cyberra it seems our luck swapped! As I during the Halloween break was getting loads...

As for my own Vullaby hunt... 2,190 eggs now and starting to think I won't get it before my birthday on the 11th. If things keep like this I might have to move thee hunt into the US or UM copy I had preordered as a Birthday gift depending on what the shiny charm requirements will be and which I use for hunting in.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
On October 28th, I did a random check in one of my Ghost safaris in Y and I finally found my Shiny Lampent! I Poke Banked it into Moon because that's where all the Dusk stones are (yay Poke Pelego) and now I have an awesome orange flamed Chandelure. It's my favourite fifth gen Ghost type and I was looking for it forever. I didn't take a picture but I was looking for a Pumpkaboo, I love that shiny. I will find you Shiny Pumpkaboo, I WILL!!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I must ask (assuming I haven't), who is trying to do the Ditto Trick in RBY (using shiny Gyarados from GS)?

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
I have it set up but frustration with egg hatching made me not do much at all.

I guess my luck hit rock bottom with that though...

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I just watched a video by TheSupremeRk9s on Youtube... Apparently the dataminers have been hard at work since the pre-download copies of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were released, and here is what this means for shiny hunters if the data is accurate...

Shiny-Locked/Unhuntable
Cosmog
Cosmoem
Solgaleo
Lunala
Necrozma
Tapu Koko
Tapu Fini
Tapu Bulu
Tapu Lele
Zygarde (sigh...)
Totem pokemon
Ash-hat pikachu

Ultra wormhole legendaries CAN be hunted shiny. And the best news... Ultra beasts CAN be hunted shiny.

Let's hope this is all accurate information... I really want a shiny xurkitree.

See the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHO0qoHpq5g

========================================

Shiny growlithe after 123 eggs. Male, timid, somewhat vain, with Intimidate. 4IVs, xx/xx/31/31/31/31. HP is "very good", so it's still decently high.

What is with my shiny luck lately?

Going to go for bounsweet next. Just gotta go grab one in not-an-ugly-ball.

Last edited:

TheMaster327

So I decided to do a little SOSing last night because Farfetch'd isn't on Route 39 at night in Gold, and I ended up getting this after 208 calls!

[spoil][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOJtMCLXUAERv1y.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOJtNBuXcAAn7R9.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOJtOfKXcAAVf5R.jpg[/img139]

Shiny Cubone! It turned out Lonely 4IV, with Lightning Rod. Shame it wasn't HA as I wanted to Rock Head Flare Blitz... Doesn't matter too much though![/spoil]

Steven of Venus

From Another Planet
Revealing that Ninetailes could be Suicune, or that Arcanine could be Raikou, is like all of these "shiny" revelations being majestic and getting you through to more sides of how Pokemon can be and display themselves.

I thought that the best shiny Pokemon is a black Charizard, bathed in the midnight, streaming holographic flapping glitter, crystallizing the kingdom with his flamethrower, adding music and enchantment to the dance floor.

And then a blue shiny Mew looks like the sky, where Ash saw it leaving fairy dust through the clouds before the whole, You and Me were a Miracle song, showing that Mewtwo may indeed have a soft side, and Mew's reflection of Mewtwo as a more critical evolutionary leap may also make Mewtwo more spontaneous and playful, much like Mew descends in danger cones for your novelty to get you to new island where Mewtwo resides.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
An update on my current hunts and newest shinies:

I needed a break from SR'ing Johto starters for a while, so I've been hunting in a fire safari in Y that has Growlithe, Charmeleon and Ninetales. I'm hoping for a shiny Ninetales, but will happily take any of the 3.

I have been preparing to restart my Black 2 file because I've wanted to replay generation 5 for a while now. I traded everything important (events, legends, and the final stage of every breeding line) from Black 2 to White 2 (the only gen 5 game I have a full pokedex in so far) for safe keeping. The only ones left are my team I played through the game with. I'm currently making my way through Black Tower to beat Benga and collect the shiny dragon before I officially reset the game for a new play through.

I have already restarted Black and I am currently resetting for a shiny Snivy.

In White 2, I went to the Nature Preserve for the first time ever yesterday and caught the shiny Haxorus. She is timid and proud of her power.

I just watched a video by TheSupremeRk9s on Youtube... Apparently the dataminers have been hard at work since the pre-download copies of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were released, and here is what this means for shiny hunters if the data is accurate...

Shiny-Locked/Unhuntable
Cosmog
Cosmoem
Solgaleo
Lunala
Necrozma
Tapu Koko
Tapu Fini
Tapu Bulu
Tapu Lele
Zygarde (sigh...)
Totem pokemon
Ash-hat pikachu

Ultra wormhole legendaries CAN be hunted shiny. And the best news... Ultra beasts CAN be hunted shiny.

Let's hope this is all accurate information... I really want a shiny xurkitree.

That's what I've seen on Twitter coming straight from the dataminers. I beleive we can trust this information. I'm really excited about being able to hunt all of the UB's!

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Guess who finally got their shiny Vullaby? Me! After 2,599 eggs. It's missing sp.def iv but at this point I don't care...