• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Can't wait to hunt for UB-Burst and UB-Adhesive!(Don't want to spoil their names for anyone that doesn't want to know)

Going to try and do themed hunts soon. Might as well start with a Farfetch'd hunt for Thanksgiving.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I did another round of SOS hunting for shiny Mareanie on Moon, got another shiny corsola. Hopefully one of these days I'll get a shiny mareanie for my shiny Rocketdex.

At least I'm almost done with my goal of completing the Moon pokedex before UltraSun and UltraMoon are released, I'm at 95% completion.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny bounsweet after 156 eggs. Seriously, this luck. I think I must have stolen Manakete-Girl's luck >.>

Impish nature and likes to thrash about, with Leaf Guard. She has 4IVs missing SpATK and Speed, but both of those are "fantastic". Not that she needs special attack anyway, though...

What am I gonna do with this luck? I'm gonna try the swap method for a shiny drampa, THAT is what I'm gonna do with this luck!

(Watch it desert me now that I've said that...)

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
And I got to experience yours. ^^ I guess if anything I got the 'It's not always going to be <500 eggs' hunt I probably needed as prior that I had only had 1 1,000+ hunt but I can see how Wishiwashi was a pain now.

Well I am now probably going to go and hunt 2x Charmander as I can go for correct natures now.

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Shiny Mimikyu, Adamant Female in Love Ball, 31/31/31/XX/31/31. I'll let her snuggle me forever in Ultra Moon.

[IMG200]https://i.hizliresim.com/ByGqgL.jpg[/IMG200]

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Well, I had collected some Popplio eggs to hatch partially only to spend some time, but I also gathered them to continue this MM hunt.
I was about 100 out of 250 eggs hatched when one shined. Once I finish hatching this party of five eggs, I will go find out more on this shiny.
-Finishes that party of eggs- Off to the PC I go now.

He is everstoned Modest and has the IV spread of 31/31/x/31/31/31, with a "Very Good" Defense stat. I will probably end up using a bottle cap on that stat just because I can.
I plan on EV training this guy soon, and then obviously level him up even more. This means I will then have all three of the generation VII starters self-obtained shiny.

Good luck to everyone else!

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Congratulations on all the recent Shiny magic!

So a little while ago I decided to try hunting in the Friend Safari, as its been ages since I tried it. 10 mins in, and this beauty pops!

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/f4LS0Zt.jpg?1[/img139]
[img139]https://i.imgur.com/X1oQeE7.jpg?[/img139]

It has IVs in Sp.Attack and HP, plus it is SO close to have Speed IVs! Hasty nature too. I evolved her into Raichu ASAP, as Raichu has been one of my favorite Pokemon since I was a kid. So cool to have one in shiny form! I have had a shiny Pichu for years from an Event, but the IVs and Nature on that could not be worse. Plus it was given with an Everstone so i never really wanted to evolve it...

I just watched a video by TheSupremeRk9s on Youtube... Apparently the dataminers have been hard at work since the pre-download copies of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were released, and here is what this means for shiny hunters if the data is accurate...

Shiny-Locked/Unhuntable
Cosmog
Cosmoem
Solgaleo
Lunala
Necrozma
Tapu Koko
Tapu Fini
Tapu Bulu
Tapu Lele
Zygarde (sigh...)
Totem pokemon
Ash-hat pikachu

Ultra wormhole legendaries CAN be hunted shiny. And the best news... Ultra beasts CAN be hunted shiny.

Let's hope this is all accurate information... I really want a shiny xurkitree.

See the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHO0qoHpq5g

Great to hear that Ultra Beasts can be Shiny hunted! Bit of a shame about the Tapu's not being mind... random question to anyone, do we know if like Sun.Moon we just need the Alola Pokedex finished to get the shiny charm, or will we need the national one like previous games?

Anyway, good luck all!

Last edited:

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well I think my Sun copy knew it was my birthday as after 117 eggs which is much tamer than my last hunt I got the first of the two charmanders, the timid one.

They were 5iv missing Hp so another one to bottle cap.

Now to hunt a jolly one!

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
And I got to experience yours. ^^ I guess if anything I got the 'It's not always going to be <500 eggs' hunt I probably needed as prior that I had only had 1 1,000+ hunt but I can see how Wishiwashi was a pain now.

Well I am now probably going to go and hunt 2x Charmander as I can go for correct natures now.

My longest MM hunt ever was for a roggenrola in Black 2... 7,029 eggs. Now THAT was a nightmare.

I'm up to 50 drampa and 195 magikarp hatched, so it looks like my luck may be going back to normal.

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Wow that's long. I only started hunting in XY so I never the odds for gen 4 and 5.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny drampa after 243 magikarp eggs and 51 drampa eggs, for a total of 294 eggs. I'm a bit disappointed by the color... It looked more gold in the pictures and videos. This brown is just... bleh.

Male, 5IVs missing DEF, everstoned modest, likes to thrash about, and has Sap Sipper, which is the ability I wanted. And he's in a beast ball. I'm happy with him ^_^

Gonna go train my growlithe and bounsweet for a bit, get them evolved if I can. Then I may try for a pichu so I can get a shiny alolan raichu.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I just watched a video by TheSupremeRk9s on Youtube... Apparently the dataminers have been hard at work since the pre-download copies of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were released, and here is what this means for shiny hunters if the data is accurate...

Shiny-Locked/Unhuntable
Cosmog
Cosmoem
Solgaleo
Lunala
Necrozma
Tapu Koko
Tapu Fini
Tapu Bulu
Tapu Lele
Zygarde (sigh...)
Totem pokemon
Ash-hat pikachu

Ultra wormhole legendaries CAN be hunted shiny. And the best news... Ultra beasts CAN be hunted shiny.

========================================

Shiny growlithe after 123 eggs. Male, timid, somewhat vain, with Intimidate. 4IVs, xx/xx/31/31/31/31. HP is "very good", so it's still decently high.

What is with my shiny luck lately?

Going to go for bounsweet next. Just gotta go grab one in not-an-ugly-ball.

I'll be keeping my eyes on shiny hunting Nihilego and Buzzwole

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Yay my luck looks to have returned to what is an avarage hunt for me! On the 606th egg I got the Jolly shiny Charmander! And with that I think I'll be taking a short break from hunting till USUM is out.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Just been having a hunt to get back into the swing of games having spent a fair amount on Go! and recently (and still trying) to SR for shiny Cyndaquil on VC Gold. I've just had a RE with a Tentacool not been on the games for a while so very chuffed to have found this :) will be trying to find a few more shinies on Moon now!

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I had the best luck today and got the shiny Cyndaquil I've been trying to get in Silver on VC! I was SRing, looked at the screen, and saw it. I was doing this for what felt like forever and now I get to actually play the game. But my hunt continues in Gen VII. In Moon, I can't get shiny Rowlet to hatch. I even haven't found a single shiny in Gen VII and I want to break that streak in time for USUM but my luck has been terrible.

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
This is so frustrating 330 sos calls no shiny, accidentally run next encounter random shiny caterpie. So what do I do hit the wrong attack and knock it out

The last shiny I caught was probably over a year ago in my Y version while EV training; it was a Roggenrola. It's also been several years since I've actively hunted for a shiny, but if I decide to start again, I'll probably continue trying to get a shiny Uxie in Diamond.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Shiny-Locked/Unhuntable
Cosmog
Cosmoem
Solgaleo
Lunala
Necrozma
Tapu Koko
Tapu Fini
Tapu Bulu
Tapu Lele
Zygarde (sigh...)
Totem pokemon
Ash-hat pikachu

========================================

Shiny growlithe after 123 eggs. Male, timid, somewhat vain, with Intimidate. 4IVs, xx/xx/31/31/31/31. HP is "very good", so it's still decently high.

What is with my shiny luck lately?

Going to go for bounsweet next. Just gotta go grab one in not-an-ugly-ball.

Zygarde is probably shiny locked due to how complicated the mechanic for the cells and different parts must have been to make

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Zygarde is probably shiny locked due to how complicated the mechanic for the cells and different parts must have been to make

Doesn't make it any less annoying. They could easily release a shiny event of the 10% or 50% forms, but nooooooooooo...

Looks like my luck is normal again. 510 eggs and counting for pichu.

I pre-ordered Ultra Sun... This being the first time I've ever pre-ordered a game, it should be arriving soon?

Last edited:

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Yes I usually get my preorders on the day and sometimes the day before (MH4U came early and FE Awakening two days) but it's probably going to arrive on the release day.