• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Got Shiny Celesteela today! It was a longer hunt than Kyogre, but still faster than I expected! Calm nature and caught in a Beast Ball which is actually amazing! Nicknamed it Scrapmetal.

Going to do more wormhole hunting until I find a Guzzlord wormhole. Then I'll hunt that bugger.

EDIT: Found Guzzlord's wormhole! Time to hunt! Hoping to get it quickly like Celesteela.

Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
So guys, major update from my side.

I caught two shiny legends in these couple of days which I will add screenshots off :)
very proud on them and they just look beautiful.

Cresselia was a wopping 63 SR's, while Latias was 152 SR's .

[img139]https://s2.postimg.org/4hfijbtnt/20171129_103855.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://s2.postimg.org/8ru6f2ysp/20171129_105104.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://s2.postimg.org/sz7m7ftq1/20171129_105054.jpg[/img139]

[img139]https://s2.postimg.org/eu1t5oaex/20171129_110327_8_bestshot.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Congrats on all the recent shinies, especially to the SR's for all the Ultra Beasts and legendary Pokémon from wormholes!

I can't wait to get the second section of my CPA exam over with (Friday!) so I can get back to my video games. I'm still on the third Island in Ultra Sun. I want to start shiny hunting all those wormholes!

Good luck on your hunts!

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Sigh... Well I have been focusing on a Latias hunt and wanted Calm, modest, bold or timid nature...

Well I seen four shiny latias now 3rd and 4th where relaxed, 1st was lonely 2nd was jolly... Here's to a 5th try right?! I just want the good nature this has been going on ever since the 21st...

Any bets that the 5th will also be relaxed? or will i finally get my good natured shiny...

EDIT: 5th one... Was Bashful natured in less than 100srs after 4th.... Onto 6th try.

Last edited:

Keovix

Congratulations everybody on your shinies!

I was alternating between Sun for MM Cleffa and USUM for Litten and earlier today shiny Litten appeared after exactly 600 SR's on UM, I'm surprised the Litten hunt was faster than Cleffa, happy it was such a short hunt aswell! I can start playing the game now, also very excited to have my first shiny starter ever :) Litten has Impish nature, still haven't checked its IV's.

Gonna keep hatching Cleffa, so far 1605 eggs, hopefully the shiny is cute charm male, once it appears I'll trade it over UM to hunt a female Salandit there.

Good luck to all those hunting!

EDIT: Just hatched another shiny cute charm female Cleffa, I'm currently on my third phase for a male one.

Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
After 40-50 eggs, kinda lost count as I was not really planning to hunt a shiny.
Mister Froakie appeared ! Was quite surprised, he got his HA aswell so its perfect shiny in my book :)

[img139]https://s2.postimg.org/mt6mkfbp5/20171129_213636.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://s2.postimg.org/qpjygf4eh/20171129_213811.jpg[/img139]

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Congratulations on all the recent Shiny Pokemon!

So for the last year or so I have been on-off SRing for a shiny Mewtwo, one of my all-time favorite Pokemon, in LeafGreen. However my game keep not being registered by my old DS, so I was very happy when it was announced Mewtwo was in UMUS. After spending a few days SRing for Blacephalon (Why did they put it that you gotta catch it before the rest of the island can be explored!?) I decided yesterday to shift my attention to hunting for Mewtwo... to my shock, I found him after just an hour of hunting! (I do have the Shiny Charm, but still!)

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/9lNXM6I.jpg[/img139]

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/tKZAIBf.jpg[/img139]

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/RDzDwXO.jpg[/img139]

I did not know if I wanted to go down the Mega X or Y route (Going X!), so tried to Sync a Naive nature. It has IVs in Attack, Defense and Special Attack. Shame the Speed stat did not have a IV, but sod it, its a shiny Mewtwo!!! Called it Pervivo, which I think means 'to Live' in Latin. Seems to fit!

I suppose its time to go back and see if I can get Blacephalon... can you just skip that bit? Feel guilty if I did... or I could go for Poipole...

Random question, can the Surf Pikachu be SR'd to be shiny?

Last edited:

Echo Nacyl

Blacephalon... can you just skip that bit? Feel guilty if I did... or I could go for Poipole...

Random question, can the Surf Pikachu be SR'd to be shiny?

Yes, you can. They'll still be there.

Yes, it can. Got mine on Saturday. It's also 100% synchronize success.

EDIT: Okay, watching youtube videos of failed shinies seems to give me magic luck. Found shiny Yveltal again, and this time my Adamant sync succeeded, and I even caught it in my only Premier Ball! 31s in Atk, SpA, and SpDef, Somewhat Vain, 29 Def, 24-25 Speed, and a crummy HP but that can be fixed

Last edited:

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Yes, you can. They'll still be there.

Yes, it can. Got mine on Saturday. It's also 100% synchronize success.

Oh, thats good to hear! Thanks!

General_Ridley

Palace Maven Spenser
Congrats all recent folks.

Last weekend I picked up Stunfisk, Swanna, and Heliolisk from wormhole practicing, and I'm currently working on resetting for Poipole.

In other news, my most recent major legendary hunt concluded today with Regigigas shining in Omega Ruby.

Means I'm working on Poipole in Ultra Moon, Dream Ball feebas in X, and occasional work on Type: Null in Sun, and have some new hunt options to come up with for the other games. Feeling good.

syrrume

Shiny Hunter
Congrats on all recent shinies but especially Keovix who was doing the same hunt as me (except mine is for Rowlet.)

I'm currently at 800 SR's and going strong :D

Best of luck to all others!

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Sigh... Well I have been focusing on a Latias hunt and wanted Calm, modest, bold or timid nature...

Well I seen four shiny latias now 3rd and 4th where relaxed, 1st was lonely 2nd was jolly... Here's to a 5th try right?! I just want the good nature this has been going on ever since the 21st...

Any bets that the 5th will also be relaxed? or will i finally get my good natured shiny...

EDIT: 5th one... Was Bashful natured in less than 100srs after 4th.... Onto 6th try.

Why not use a synchronizer?

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Why not use a synchronizer?

I think he uses Sync, it just fails constantly appearantly :( which is sad..
Good luck Mankete !

Idk why this happends but on the same day I hatched a shiny froakie I decided to hatch some Gible's and on the 7th egg a shiny hatched 0_0
I was shocked, totally dindt aspect it to happen but it did.. When I noticed the Yellow Belly I was like.. No friccan way !
Anyway here is the picture :)

[img139]https://s2.postimg.org/dx0wdeort/20171130_155643.jpg[/img139]

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I'm at 820 SRs for litten so far. Going pretty smoothly aside from the occasional screen blackout... I really hope they fix that glitch soon XP

Really hoping this doesn't turn into a 9,700+ SR hunt like my litten hunt in Sun did...

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Eh I'm a she but no matter. (I don't care. I mean it.)

Yeah I am using a Sync for timid as I want a competive shiny but I woundn't mind Modest, bold or calm instead.

The most annoying part was Relaxed showing up twice.

As you can proabaly guess my disappearance from the forum is to stop myself from ranting about my bad luck. If I hit 10 without a good nature I shall take a break and cry in the corner as then I guess my bad luck would of hit rock bottom and Cyberra's usual luck is back so no jokes about bad luck this time unlike my Vullaby hunt. Funny thing is I believe Cyberra will both get the shiny Litten and have it be good natured before I get my latias....

Edit: I would of accepted bad natures in ORAS for shiny legendaries but Latias is my favourite shiny.

Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Eh I'm a she but no matter. (I don't care. I mean it.)

Yeah I am using a Sync for timid as I want a competive shiny but I woundn't mind Modest, bold or calm instead.

The most annoying part was Relaxed showing up twice.

As you can proabaly guess my disappearance from the forum is to stop myself from ranting about my bad luck. If I hit 10 without a good nature I shall take a break and cry in the corner as then I guess my bad luck would of hit rock bottom and Cyberra's usual luck is back so no jokes about bad luck this time unlike my Vullaby hunt. Funny thing is I believe Cyberra will both get the shiny Litten and have it be good natured before I get my latias....

Edit: I would of accepted bad natures in ORAS for shiny legendaries but Latias is my favourite shiny.

Sorry Ma'am :(
Keep having faith, once you get that shiny latias it will be your most treasured shiny ever !

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Don't mind what I refered to as gender-wise. I just thought to say.

Yes it will be as Latias is my favourite Pokemon too. ^^

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I encountered my first shiny in the Safari Zone, a Golduck. Sadly it was also the first shiny to flee and I failed to catch

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
meanwhile while everyone else is getting shiny ub exclusives in us/um under 1,000 srs.....

so I have been chugging along on this wonderful no charm hunt for shiny blacephalon and he still refuses to show up got about 2,000+ more to break my shiny lugia record in oras...*bangs head on desk* not sure when it will shine or how long it will take but not giving up for at least one shiny of this ub which i really hope synch doesn't fail me -_- which yes i know i can catch one and knock it out if somone asks but meh idc i will keep going but if this synch fails then I will just knock the other one out and try again later with charm...

congrats to all new shinies and good luck to people still hunting...

Last edited: