• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

While looking for a Legendary to resume soft resetting at, I happened to stumble upon a Shiny Quagsire. I decided to name her Giggity to reference an adult cartoon (despite her being a female). Still no Shiny Legendary, and I might put that one on hiatus for a Mimikyu hunt once I get my Shiny Charm.

The Ultra Wormhole is awesome for finding random Shinies, but the pool is pretty limited.

EDIT: AND I FIND A SHINY LOMBRE. What is my luck today? Anyways, named her Disco. I hope my Shiny luck carries over to the Mimikyu hunt.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
You should give that nickname to Ditto, it IS that character

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
While looking for a Legendary to resume soft resetting at, I happened to stumble upon a Shiny Quagsire. I decided to name her Giggity to reference an adult cartoon (despite her being a female). Still no Shiny Legendary, and I might put that one on hiatus for a Mimikyu hunt once I get my Shiny Charm.

The Ultra Wormhole is awesome for finding random Shinies, but the pool is pretty limited.

mimikyu is a awesome shiny good luck when I mm'd it took over 1,000 eggs before shined :D good luck!

anyway blacephalon is still being a stubborn butt doesn't want to shiny over 2,400 srs and nothing without charm -_- I haven't gone over the odds just yet however I am totally sure this hunt is gunna hit the 4,000 quickly seeing how this is draging on like my last sr hunt with shiny lugia in oras....

good luck and congrats to all shiny hunts....

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies :)

I found my first UM shiny this morning. Decided to try my luck with the Wormhole method and found a shiny Swellow on my second attempt. Really chuffed with this one as it was the one I wanted most. I haven't caught it yet as I want to reset for a Jolly one but I'm happy the shininess is set when you reach the areas so I have this option.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts :)

EDIT: Ended up catching and keeping an Adamant natured one. She has 3 IVs in HP, Attack and Speed so I'm very happy with her. I'll level her and Bottle Cap her defence IVs later.

EDIT 2: Found a shiny Quagsire. As Quagsire can't get Recover outside of breeding I didn't bother synching this one so she has a lonely nature and Damp for her ability.

Last edited:

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well as I am having bad luck with Latias and I have Ultra sun too and also have shiny charm in it too I am going to also be sr'ing for Nhilego as well with a timid sync too.

Now to find IT's wormhole.

Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
YES I FINALLY GOT IT
After like 1100+ SR I managed to get the shiny Poipole.. man, that is my longest SR hunt so far.

Anyways, here is a picture of the little guy who is now a proud Naganadel.

[img139]https://s2.postimg.org/6xk35wid5/20171202_223649.jpg[/img139]

Good luck everyone in future hunts, my next target will be Pheromosa or Celesteela

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I finally got to the point where I can go through Ultra Wormholes and got a shiny Audino! Now I'm hunting for a shiny Nihilego and it is taking forever. I should leave and come back with the Shiny Charm but I really don't want to give up. Anyway, wish me luck and good luck to you guys. Also congrats on the shiny Poipole! I wanted to go for one but I didn't and now I regret it. I will get another chance to try again when I play through UM.

DaggerY

Collector
Just finished up on my last full odds hunt for a while being Articuno in Platinum. I would have been happy with any of the birds but I'm really happy as Articuno was the one I wanted most. Although all 3 birds spawn at once, so 3 times the chance of a shiny, it counts for nothing when it takes 3-20min per reset because roaming Pokemon hate me. Also decided to try the Ultra Worm Ride and got a shiny Abomasnow rather quickly which I'm pretty happy about as a contrast to the last hunt. Going to go for Stakataka now so I can progress in the story and then go for Poipole like the rest of you guys because damn that thing looks awesome.
If anyone could trade me Stakataka, Blacephalon, Poipole and Naganadel for the dex (will trade back) to get the shiny charm and speed this up a bit I would appreciate it greatly.
Good job everyone with your finds so far and good luck with your current and future hunts!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny litten after 1,082 soft resets!

\o/

Male this time, scatters things often, with Blaze. And despite Manakete-Girl's prediction, while I did get the shiny before she got her latias, he's modest nature, which is not particularly good for incineroar since its SpATK stat is... not great. Incineroar is physical, not special. But I'll manage ^_^

On with the game!

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Shiny litten after 1,082 soft resets!

\o/

Male this time, scatters things often, with Blaze. And despite Manakete-Girl's prediction, while I did get the shiny before she got her latias, he's modest nature, which is not particularly good for incineroar since its SpATK stat is... not great. Incineroar is physical, not special. But I'll manage ^_^

On with the game!

Keep it as Torracat and its useable :) 80 Sp.ttack > 50 Sp.attack

Echo Nacyl

Grats Cyberra on the fairly timely Litten (shame about the nature, tho). Also grats to any other finished hunts.
Got a shiny Seel while EVing a couple Pokemon in SpDef. That's one rather annoying ShinyDex entry out of the way. I love how many options there are to SOS in USUM.
After surprisingly few tries seeking White Wormholes (one), I got back into Guzzlord's world. Now SRing it, and actually tracking ym SR count this time (I just didn't feel like it for the Stakataka/Pikachu/Yveltal for some reason). Gotta get my favorite UB shiny with all the gritty details :D

EDIT: In 203 SRs, Shiny Guzzlord. There was a tense moment when it hit itself (I hate Thrash) twice in a row with +5 attack. Unfortunately my sync continues to fail me in Ultra and I ended up with Naughty. Will keep, but will try again later.
EDIT 2: And after about 10 wormholes to find it again and only 48 SRs, my second Shiny Guzzlord appeared. Quiet nature this time. Was prepared with a Skill Swap Grumpig to deal with Thrash and caught it in a Premier Ball.

Last edited:

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Incineroar is also base 80 Sp. Atk. Grats Cyberra on Litten! Same nature as mine! You can always have a Nasty Plot set.

Oh woops xD your right.

Congrants on the shiny guys !
Especially Manakete Girl, with her hard rewarded shiny Latias :)

My shiny latias says hi to her aswell hihi

Last edited:

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Thanks now although I am being cruel to myself I think a Yveltal hunt is in order for me then after that Thunderodus... Hopefully the Modest Sync for Yveltal will work first time and not on the 6th...

Edit: Change of plans. I found Tunderodus first... So yeah. So must trade over a timid sync... And will start on Groundon soon thankfull I had traded a Adamant sync for him and a Sap sipper mon with an air balloon.

Edit again....: I think I should just MM or take a break...

Last edited:

shadowF

Hey everyone, so I want to get a Shiny Blacephalon before I challenge Rainbow Rocket but I want to know how do you soft reset for a Shiny Blacephalon since it is a wild encounter? Also what is the best way to increase my rate to get a shiny Blacephalon?

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Hey everyone, so I want to get a Shiny Blacephalon before I challenge Rainbow Rocket but I want to know how do you soft reset for a Shiny Blacephalon since it is a wild encounter? Also what is the best way to increase my rate to get a shiny Blacephalon?

When you get to the area that Blacephalon appears, you can just save before you go venture into the grass and try encountering it like any other Pokemon. If its not shiny, restart the game and try again! The only real way to increase the odds is via the Shiny Charm, which you can get from completing the Alola Dex. I hope that helps.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
@Shadowf

I would also give you the advice to take a pokemon with you that has the abillity flash fire, if you hunt for Blacephalon.
( Mind blow reduces his HP down with 50% ) It would be a shame if you find one and it kills himself thanks to mindblown. A great mon for this role would be flash fire Houndoom since it also resists Shadow ball. Good luck !