• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Hunter of shiny

shiny huntress
Last edited:

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Caught yet another shiny Audino. Oddly enough, I have yet to come across one that didn't shine.

I'm thrilled with my other two finds: a shiny Drapion in Ultra Sun and a shiny Swanna in Ultra Moon! I named the latter Hyouga, but I'm still debating what to name the former.

Other than that, I missed a shiny Altaria thanks to Perish Song. :( Why oh why did it have to be the one encounter that I neglected to save before?

Good luck to everyone on their hunts~

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I've heard that Flash Fire only absorbs the damage done to you and Mind Blown will still damage Blacephalon.

Damp is apparently the best ability to use against it as Mind Blown is considered an Explosion/Self-Destruct move.

Also, yesterday I started doing SRs for Stakataka and got it in under 100 SRs! It's a Relaxed nature which is great, and I nicknamed it Alcatraz.

Gonna do some more wormhole hunts and maybe SOS Tropius next.

Good luck to everyone on your hunts!

it does sadly i figured it out on a normal ub burst just to double check so gunna have fun using a damp low level poliwhirl hopefully that dang thing doesn't decided to not stay in its beast ball or i am screwed >.<

so im seriously past 2,700 srs without charm and going insane with this stubborn ub that refuses to shine -___-

good luck to everyone that is shiny hunting and congrats to all new shinies ^_^

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Gloom is Level 47. All I need now is the Sun Stone. Lacking my stylus, I will be trying to get the right nature of Tyrogue for the other Hitmon line through eggs until I get home and have it for maximum Pokeathalon effectiveness

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Well, that was fast.
I was watching a video online of a shiny Guzzlord encounter, when I looked back over at my 3DS, and encountered a shiny Guzzlord myself.
I took a break from SR'ing yesterday evening due to my 3DS freezing repeatedly, but I continued the hunt this morning, and I found the shiny rather quickly. (And no, my 3DS has not frozen today, but I am still concerned that it might again.)
I have done maybe about 5 hours or so of SR'ing total for this shiny. It seems that after that week long shiny Cobalion hunt I completed yesterday morning, I had some returning good luck for this US version.

Anyways, it only took two Beast Balls to catch this thing. I knew that it could use Thrash (which it did on turn one) and get confused, so I wanted to catch it before that happened.
Adamant Synchronize failed again (seriously...?), and this shiny is Relaxed. Oh well. It has an IV spread of x/31/x/31/31/x. Fine, I suppose.
I now have only one more Ultra Sun UB to SR for shiny, which is Xurkitree. That is one that I would really like, and I would want Synchronize to work on that more than the others.
I then may play through my Ultra Moon version to SR for version-exclusive UB's and legendaries there. I have been thinking about doing that soon anyways.

Good luck to everyone else on your hunts!

EDIT: Well, I thought there was more space between this post and my previous one. Oh well.

EDIT 2: So, I was training some of my Pokémon in a S.O.S chain of Chanseys in Poni Plains when probably over the 70 encounter threshold for higher shiny chances (wait for it...) I encountered a shiny Chansey (there is the pun).
...NOW Synchronize works? She is Modest with an IV spread of 31/x/31/x/31/31. How interesting. I wonder what I can do with this thing.

Last edited:

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Ah my joke in my signature came true with a sick jab too...

My 2nd shiny Yveltal was CALM a nature I would accept on the Latias saga and it seems to want a defensive Yveltal... I was using a modest sync.

Hopefully 3rd will be the one this time.

So for nature raito bad to good is 7:1... I am so unlucky as isn't it suposed to be 50% for Sync.

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
In Ultra Sun, I was just passing through Seaward Cave to get to Kala'e Bay and a random shiny Delibird appeared! He's Timid and a little quick tempered. I named him StanFrancis after the voice of Santa Clause in the 1964 Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer movie.

Good luck with those shinies!

I've never completed a shiny hunt before because I always got bored partway through, but I decided I really wanted shiny Poipole. After a week of soft resetting for a couple hours a day, I finally got my shiny Poipole! It has a Hardy nature and is beautiful. I was so overcome with excitement that I will definitely be hunting some of the Ultra Beasts when I finish the game.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Caught a shiny Lombre and a shiny Grumpig in my Ultra Sun and a shiny Sigilyph in my Ultra Moon since I last posted. I just ran my shiny Swanna through the the IV calculator and was shocked to learn its spread is x/31/31/x/x/31! Hyouga was indeed a fitting name for such a strong Adamant boy~ :D

It just occurred to me that I transferred a Modest Ralts with Synchronize to my Ultra Moon... I think I'll try SR'ing a shiny Poipole! It'll be my first time SR'ing for a shiny.

Best of luck to everyone on their hunts!

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
At last, I have the Sun Stone. Now I have a beautiful purple Bellossom

syrrume

Shiny Hunter
Morning all, congratulations on all recent shines.

An update on my current hunt, im at 2044 Resets for a Shiny Rowlet starter. Im so glad that its the first option of the 3 as I imagine that having to move the selection to him every-time would be even more tedious.

According tot he law of averages, I have a 51.1% chance that it would have shined by now. Most people on here and reddit have found theres in under 2000 which is a bit of a bummer for me but onwards and upwards and hopefully ill get it before Xmas!

Good luck all!

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well I got lucky and Yveltal shined 3 times over 3 days and 3rd was Modest! Very pleased that this didn't go to be a Latias luck level. I can't post photos through my phone atm so might do it later.

Edit: Here: shiny_yveltal_by_empresslunastra-dbw33y0.jpg

As MHWorld beta starts tomorrow I'll start a MM hunt for Own tempo Rockruff.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I just passed 1,800 REs at the trainer school. Looking for magnemite and/or zorua. Though after I get a shiny from here I am going to move on and get the other later (or breed it; I do plan on breeding myself some shiny team members once I reach the daycare).

A question about the Own Tempo rockruff: If I breed a female Own Tempo rockruff with a regular one in a different ball, can I get Own Tempo rockruff in the other ball? Cherish balls don't pass down and I hate the standard ball with a passion. I want a shiny dusk lycanroc in a dive ball.

Echo Nacyl

A question about the Own Tempo rockruff: If I breed a female Own Tempo rockruff with a regular one in a different ball, can I get Own Tempo rockruff in the other ball? Cherish balls don't pass down and I hate the standard ball with a passion. I want a shiny dusk lycanroc in a dive ball.

You absolutely can. I'm working on breeding a Beast Ball one, myself.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
You absolutely can. I'm working on breeding a Beast Ball one, myself.

:D Just making sure... Would not have put it past GF to have made it impossible somehow. I'd love to have one in a beast ball, but I don't have any beast ball rockruff. Dive ball I can do.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Wait, I thought Own Tempo Rockruff was shiny locked. (Unless that's just the one you get through Mystery Gift or whatever. I'm in luck otherwise--I have a Speed Ball Rockruff ready to breed!)

Speaking of luck, still no sign of Shiny Poipole. I wish I had more patience for this...

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Wait, I thought Own Tempo Rockruff was shiny locked. (Unless that's just the one you get through Mystery Gift or whatever. I'm in luck otherwise--I have a Speed Ball Rockruff ready to breed!)

Speaking of luck, still no sign of Shiny Poipole. I wish I had more patience for this...

It's only the event that is shiny locked. You can breed the event to get more Rockruff with Own Tempo and your eggs aren't shiny locked.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
After 729 SR's my Shiny Pheromosa finally shined.
She is beautifull, love the black dress ! I also caught her in a Luxury ball which is really fitting imo xD.

Sync worked aswell so I cant be more satisified !

[img139]https://s2.postimg.org/6cwdioe3d/20171208_234620.jpg[/img139]

Kurloz Makara

Red Death

JoeyJoeJoe

I'm old Greg
I have shiny barbaracle, shiny magcargo, shiny raikou, and shiny blacephalon since my start of usum.
BTW Azu can I have the pheramoza?