• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well I began a hunt for Rayquaza in UM and it's proving to be a pain... Maybe I should get use my ORAS dex non-shiny legendaries to get another Groudon and Kyogre and finish my US copy's E4 run.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Congrats on the new shinies guyz.

I've been hunting for Shiny Pennywise Blacephalon too. Currently at 700 REs.

Anywhoo, I come here for a shiny news. I finally got a shiny from the Wormhole. It's my second shiny after the Caterpie.

View attachment 16991

Just too bad she's Adamant.
Good luck on your hunts all~

good luck hope you don't have my luck which i think you have the charm though? you should get it before me lol unless the luck becomes like crap for no reason -_- sitting at 3,400 srs w/o charm

Trainer school coughs up after 4,367 REs. But it's not the magnemite or zorua I wanted...

It's a meowth.

Bold nature, capable of taking hits, with PickUp.

I'll breed a magnemite later. Right now, though, I'm moving on.

dang sorry to hear it was the wrong shiny you wanted :/ I am still progressing without a charm sitting at 3,400 srs for shiny ub blacephalon *sigh* if this stubborn ub passes my count of my shiny lugia I will be like -_- but congrats on that shiny meowth at least :D

good luck to all and congrats on all the people that got there shinies since my last post *cross fingers* my shiny shows soon....

TheMaster327

FINALLY. I can move on. 11,014 godforsaken encounters in Brooklet Hell (on water) and I finally get something!

[img139]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/201216722127028224/390630149386797056/image.png?width=400&height=300[/img139]

Shiny Surskit! She wasn't hard to catch. One Net Ball at full health after a Roto Catch. She is Modest with Swift Swim, so well worth the tortuous hunt, I'd say! Next up for me is Dividing Peak Tunnel!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I have been starting to shiny hunt in the Friend Safari again. I got a nice looking shiny Electabuzz

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Hey everyone.

I decided to hunt for Landorus with the intention of not going on after 200 SR's or something, because I kinda hate overrated mons.
However.. despite my hate he loved me and showed me his shiny form in 97 SR's.
Sync worked too so I am considering not to hate it as much anymore :)

I also managed to catch it in a Fast Ball which I think is pretty fitting and increases value to me.

[img139]https://s2.postimg.org/dluk8hi21/20171214_051903.jpg[/img139]

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I'm SRing a shadow on Route 3. My target is rufflet, but considering that so far the only actual target I've gotten was litten, maybe I should be saying I want spearow instead XP

SRs go fast for these things. 259 SRs already

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well I finally got my Rayquaza.

thumbnail_imag0030_by_empresslunastra-dbwoxkb.jpg

I also got lucky and the Sync worked first time this time.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, my game guide for UltraSun UltraMoon came in a few days ago, so I'll be able to start playing the games.

Until then I've been doing a quad hunt of HeartGold, White, Y, and AlphaSapphire. This week I got lucky and got a pair of fresh 5th generation shinies I haven't had before. On White I came across a shiny rufflet while looking for amoongus. :) Then in Y, while looking for shiny carnivine, I got a shiny karrablast. I'll trade it up so I can trade evolve with the shiny shelmet I got earlier this year.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
Last night I got my first shiny of Ultra Sun, Blacephalon. I got it between 350-450 resets. I don't know the exact number as I stopped counting after 350 as it was stressing me out but I'm positive it didn't take more than 100 more to finally see that blue ball. I'm currently hunting Poipole.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Got Articuno last night! That was a quicker hunt compared to the Noibat. I named it Mystic and it's an Adamant nature, which isn't good but at the same time it doesn't matter much to me.

Going for Xurkitree next for my Christmas themed hunts. If I get it soon I'll start my hunt for Snorunt via SOS.

Good luck to everyone's current and future hunts and congrats on your recent shinies!!!

EDIT: Oh my god. I got in less than 50 srs but I accidentally soft reset over it. Now this thing is going to take FOREVER to get. I can feel it in my bones. :(

Last edited:

AmethystLeslie

Hatched a shiny Eevee earlier, naming it Silverton, after someone's autocorrect after trying to say Sylveon. I was debating to evolve this Eevee, but i don't really like shiny Eeveelutions, so maybe keeping this one as is.

Love Ball, Male, Timid, Anticipation, Yawn/Detect/Fake Tears/Stored Power, Decent/Pretty Good/Best/Best/Very Good/Pretty Good.

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
I'm faced with the predicament of getting the shiny charm in Ultra Moon because that means i have to evolve poipole and if i want to have a living dex it's probably easier to find an evolved one online that someone doesn't want than a poipole since most people want him for the pokedex.
anyways i thought i'd give wormhole hunting a try and on my second try ig ot a shiny sigaliph!!!! named him Runic. very excited to try more often when my odds are higher with charm.

TheMaster327

Well, normal service appears to have resumed. Only 6 hours and 809 SRs, a blue striped chameleon showed itself!

[img139]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/201216722127028224/391290678031941642/image.png?width=400&height=300[/img139]

Kecleon is male, Serious and proud of its power, so that's a potential 30 IV in Attack! Next hunt for me is probably going to be Diglett's Tunnel seeing as Zubat have been eradicated from the tunnel this game, leaving 100% Diglett :)

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Since Pokemon Crystal is coming out on VC, I'm going to go "Odd Egg Shiny Hunting". There is a 14% chance of getting a shiny internationally (though the probability differs among Pokemon), so that means that 20 hatches gives you a 95% accuracy (2 standard deviations).

Anybody else doing this? Are you going to get any shiny, or a specific one (i.e. Pichu)?

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Congratulations to everyone on their recent acquisitions!

After breeding myself a Relaxed Synchro Ralts, I've set upon Poni Grove to hunt for that lovable mound of gold, shiny Stakataka. I'm hoping the Shiny Charm works its magic.

I'm reconsidering hunting shiny Poipole. Truth is, I'm not the biggest fan of its shiny. (Though I do like shiny Naganadel.)

ebevan91

Spent 30 minutes soft resetting for a shiny Yveltal in Ultra Moon and got one. I’ll upload my pic tomorrow morning. It’s past midnight and my computer is off and I hate trying to upload from mobile.

I caught it at full health while asleep with a single ultra ball. Modest nature too. I need to play the lottery. This was my first ever shiny legendary through soft resetting.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Hey everyone.

I decided to hunt for Landorus with the intention of not going on after 200 SR's or something, because I kinda hate overrated mons.
However.. despite my hate he loved me and showed me his shiny form in 97 SR's.
Sync worked too so I am considering not to hate it as much anymore :)

I also managed to catch it in a Fast Ball which I think is pretty fitting and increases value to me.

[img139]https://s2.postimg.org/dluk8hi21/20171214_051903.jpg[/img139]

Please tell it's not as hard to hunt this Pokemon as it was in ORAS

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Please tell it's not as hard to hunt this Pokemon as it was in ORAS

Thankfully it is easier. You don't have to fly up to it every time since you can just stand next to the spot it appears and reset. So glad of this as I gave up trying to get Thundurus in AS as having to fly to it each time was annoying. Wasn't even trying for a shiny, just IVs but even that was a chore.

Cutty

Forever now
FINALLY after 1,337 Shiny Blacephalon Riolu appeared...

Why :(

To make it worse, it killed itself w/ Final Gambit...
Oh well, at least I got the pic. I didn't really want it anyway.

Not Pennywise.jpg

I got some shinies from the worm holes before this: Nuzleaf, Medicham, Barbaracle & Heliolisk. The Barbaracle & Heliolisk I could SR for good natures & they have okay IVs so I can use them.
It's not that bad after all.

I'm taking a break from hunting Bacephalon though, and try my luck on Poipole.

Good luck on your hunts~

Cyberra

pain in the ***
At last I get one of my actual targets!

After 2,510 SRs, a brown rufflet appears before me. He's hardy nature and hates to lose, with Keen Eye. Caught him in a great ball since it matches well with shiny braviary's coloring.

Onward I go.