• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Okay, I got all the stuff I want to breed ready to transfer to US. Now I just have to wait for someone on my friends list to appear so I can trade... I need the ditto to keep holding its destiny knot and the magnemite to keep holding its everstone and items can't go through Pokebank. So I need to trade them over the old-fashioned way. If I can find a trading partner.

Just breeding random stuff now in hopes someone will eventually appear.

Edit: Got 'em :D

Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Hey fellow shiny hunters.

Good news ! I found a shiny Yvetal today within 177 SR's ! Another quick hunt again !
I dindt bring a sync because I just couldnt figure out a good nature for it and its random nature is Calm which is actually great !
I recall some VGC16 Yvetal sets that used Calm so I am very happy with this result.

Here's a pic !

[img139]https://s9.postimg.org/6baa8zbsv/20171223_120553.jpg[/img139]

Echo Nacyl

Grats on the new shinies.
This Poipole is killin' me. 5410 SRs and still counting. If I don't get it today I'm gonna take a short break to hunt Xurkitree for Christmas, and then resume it.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Congratulations again on the shinies, everyone.

I'm currently hunting Shiny Legendaries in Wormholes. I'm planted in front of Raikou in Ultra Sun and Palkia in Ultra Moon. Though truth be told, I don't think I'm very well prepared in either case (I don't have anything with False Swipe). Maybe I should take a break and try MM'ing a shiny Own Tempo Rockruff, since my odds are better with that...

Last edited:

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I'm at 330 eggs for a dive ball Own Tempo rockruff. Was slightly disappointed to discover that OT rockruff, even breejects from an MM project, can't be wonder traded.

And now I see why the rotom dex is one of the most hated features in USUM. OMG does that thing ever shut up?!

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I spent hours last night S.O.S. chaining in my US game for one of my all-time favorite shinies: Zorua. After goodness knows how many calls, a blue-accented fluffball appeared! Took a while to catch: cost me all my Beast Balls, but I got it with my last one. Naturally, it has the worst possible nature for the line, but its IVs are pretty nice.

I'm at 330 eggs for a dive ball Own Tempo rockruff. Was slightly disappointed to discover that OT rockruff, even breejects from an MM project, can't be wonder traded.
I'm currently MMing for an Own Tempo Rockruff myself. I was super lucky and snagged a French Own Tempo female in a Moon Ball off GTS.

Darn, that's a shame about WT! :( Well, I guess I'm stuck with box-loads of Japanese Own Tempo Jolly breedjects in Moon Balls and Fast Balls now. I'll probably have to release them. (Though I suppose I could keep some once I'm done for future trades...)

My next target for S.O.S. chaining will either be Furfrou or Noibat, with the hunt taking place in UM.

Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Another shiny in te house ! This time its 235 SR's a pretty quick hunt once again :)
I dindt bring a Sync with me and it turned out to be Timid (lmao I love my luck).

Here is a bad picture of it;

[img139]https://s9.postimg.org/ozyrf48an/20171224_210742.jpg[/img139]

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I'm currently MMing for an Own Tempo Rockruff myself. I was super lucky and snagged a French Own Tempo female in a Moon Ball off GTS.

Darn, that's a shame about WT! :( Well, I guess I'm stuck with box-loads of Japanese Own Tempo Jolly breedjects in Moon Balls and Fast Balls now. I'll probably have to release them. (Though I suppose I could keep some once I'm done for future trades...)

Yeah, it's weird. I was trying to send a box of breejects into WT to see what I could get back, but every time I tapped one it said "you can't choose that pokemon". So because of the event coding the ability into them they can't be WT'd? Or something. I dunno.

syrrume

Shiny Hunter
IMG-20171223-WA0002.jpg

Well....4012 Soft Resets for my Shiny Rowlet starter! AND ITS FEMALE!

I was so shocked! And i had literally commented on somones shiny Popplio post an hour earlier!

Next hunt is Zorua random encounter at the trainer shool!

Wish me luck and merry xmas all!

Echo Nacyl

So my Poipole hunt is on hold at 5562 SRs while I try for my Xurkitree.
More specifically, while I try, again, for my sync to work on Xurkitree. Since beginning the hunt at 00:01 Christmas Eve I've found 2 shiny Xurkitree. The first, after 293 SRs, was Quirky. The second, after 571 (or 864 total) Srs was Quiet.
Sync truly hates me in this game. Hopefully third time is the charm, and doesn't take too long.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Wow everyone, I decided to SR for Articuno because of Christmas and it appeared in 127 SR's
I caught it in a Dive ball :)

Here is a picture of me encountering it :)

Merry christmas everyone !
[img139]https://s9.postimg.org/kuk6igqsv/20171225_120521.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Merry Christmas, everyone!

About 120 eggs into MM'ing OT Rockruff, a blue little pupper popped out of one of the eggs I set aside in Poke Pelago! She's Jolly (for the holidays) and in a Moon Ball, and her stats are incredible, with only some IVs missing in HP. What a great Christmas present to wake up to! (I don't know what I'm going to do with all these Rockruffs... If anyone would like a Japanese OT Jolly Rockruff in a Moon Ball or Fast Ball with the Egg Moves Fire Fang/Thunder Fang/Sucker Punch/Crush Claw for MM'ing, feel free to drop me a line.)

I scored a shiny Korean Ditto over GTS--likely hacked, since it has perfect IVs. In more legitimate news, I also picked up a shiny German Gyarados which appears to be from one of the VC games.

Cutty

Forever now
I just hit 2,000 SRs on my new hunt Kartana & it doesn't seem it will shine soon (I hope not ofc).
And I thought I'd be luckier after the Blacephalon hunt. Oh well, carry one.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Well, finally.

After roughly around 1870 SR, which took me almost an entire month, Rowlet finally shines yesterday :D

Now I can actually play the game instead of being stuck at starter selection :p

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/3NqjYcY.jpg[/img139]

I'm glad its Nature (Careful) isn't that bad for it xD

Was seriously expecting it would have horrible ones like Sassy or Bold.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
On Christmas Day I hatched a shiny OT rockruff in a dive ball after 529 eggs. Had to wait to post, though, since we had a massive windstorm knocking out power all over the province.

Can't check its IVs, though, since I haven't unlocked the IV judge and I don't know if OT rockruff can be sent back to Sun/Moon. Does anybody know for sure? I'd like to be able to train him to match the rest of my team.

Working on magnemite now... 110 eggs in.

Edit: Was WTing some magnemite breejects and got a shiny chansey and a shiny suicune back. I think the suicune is from the gold and silver VC, judging from the little GBA symbol and the fact that it's from Johto.

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
Yay, finally shone after 148 SRs later. A total of 2,148 SRs.
Not so fond of the IV spread, but at least it's Adamant.

paperkut.jpg

The next target will be either another UB or MM shiny.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Can't check its IVs, though, since I haven't unlocked the IV judge and I don't know if OT rockruff can be sent back to Sun/Moon. Does anybody know for sure? I'd like to be able to train him to match the rest of my team.

Nope, it definitely can't. Sun and Moon aren't programmed with Rockruff having OT, so if you somehow managed to trade it backwards, it would either change the ability or likely crash the game.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Nope, it definitely can't. Sun and Moon aren't programmed with Rockruff having OT, so if you somehow managed to trade it backwards, it would either change the ability or likely crash the game.

I kinda figured. Guess I'll be harassing anything on route 4/the ranch that gives attack EVs and abusing the EXP-boost rotom powers for a while. The rest of the 'mons I plan on breeding out (magnemite, magikarp, and jangmo-o) will be normal and can be sent back for training.

Edit: Speaking of...

Shiny magnemite after a mere 269 eggs. Named after a Chinese lord of thunder. It's timid and capable of taking hits, with Sturdy, and hatched in a beast ball (gotta love WT sometimes). Won't know its IV spread till I get it back to Sun for training. Getting it to level 23 to match torracat should do for the water trial.

Gonna do the swap method for jangmo-o (again...) next. Provided it still works in US...

Last edited:

TheMaster327

After 2,122 REs in Route 11, the next member of my STQ shows up!

[img139]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/295170550752477204/395553235248742400/20171227_122124.jpg[/img139]

Shiny Ledian! Female, Quick to flee and Hasty. Not the Komala I was hoping for, but I will take it!