• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I tried SOS'ing Larvitar ahead of schedule with no success. I kept my game on 24 hours to keep the chain going. How frustrating.

I'm going to return to hatching Honedge eggs.

Now I'm really gonna torture myself. Gonna break out the few synchronizers I have in Y and go find myself enough silver eevees for all the eeveeloutions. This is probably gonna take me another week.
I happen to have Eevee as one of my Friend Safari Pokemon! I'd be more than happy to cooperate if you'd like them with Anticipation.

Hunter of shiny

shiny huntress

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I tried SOS'ing Larvitar ahead of schedule with no success. I kept my game on 24 hours to keep the chain going. How frustrating.

I'm going to return to hatching Honedge eggs.

I happen to have Eevee as one of my Friend Safari Pokemon! I'd be more than happy to cooperate if you'd like them with Anticipation.

I'm good ;) I have at least four eevee safaris to pick from. I chose one that also has minccino and dunsparce... Two of the others have lillipup in them and I hate that 'mon.

Edit: First shiny out of the normal safari is... a minccino. Female, hardy nature and capable of taking hits, with Technician. She appeared after 1,677 REs (yes, I'm counting this time).

Last edited:

Waves01

Shiny Hunter
I would like to know: what is the earliest in a playthrough anyone has gotten a truly random playthrough? Me, it would be a Wurmple in Diamond levelling up for the second gym

Mine was a geodude in firered while going thru the Sevi iles or cresselia in diamond don't quite remember who came first
And congrats to all shiny hunters who found the shiny they were looking for I finally found my male nidoran and now I'm hunting psyduck so far I've found 2 shiny hoppips

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
I would like to know: what is the earliest in a playthrough anyone has gotten a truly random playthrough? Me, it would be a Wurmple in Diamond levelling up for the second gym

For me that would be a Shiny Zubat in HG. I was searching for a good natured slowpoke and a green bat showed up on the 14th encounter.
It was Timid too which was okay for it cuz I could utilize sludge bumb and air slash on it. Nice poke for my in-game team it turned out to be !

Good luck fellow hunters ! I have no targets atm..

Pluski

In my case, it was my shiny Purrloin in Black 2. It was one of the first wild Pokemon I encountered after receiving Poke balls in that game. I made a post about it when it happened, so it should be somewhere in this thread if anyone is interested to take a look.

My second earliest was a shiny Yungoos in Moon, which I found while checking out the Pokemon variety in Hau'oli City after entering the main city.

Anyway, I haven't been posting here in some time, so here is an update. A couple of months ago I decided to resume my legendary SR'ing in Alpha Sapphire, and ended up with a shiny Cobalion after 1302 SR's. My next hunt in that game will be Heatran, but I will likely try to SR some in Ultra Moon before I start that hunt.

Good luck with your targets everyone.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Saw this coming... second shiny out of the normal safari is dunsparce after 3,330 REs. Male, timid nature (I'm syncing for a timid eevee for jolteon), mischievous, with Run Away.

Gonna drop minccino and dunsparce into my PC and then resume hunting eevees

Edit: Shiny eevee #1 after 3,674 REs. Male, timid (yes!) and takes plenty of siestas, with Adaptability. He's going to be a jolteon.

Edit #2: Second shiny minccino after 4,151 REs. Female again, sassy and alert to sounds, with Technician.

If I'm gonna get minccino and dunsparce before every eevee then WT is gonna love me when I get them all back to Ultra Sun.

Last edited:

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
After more unsuccessful egg-hatching, I switched over to hunting UBs instead. It took me AGES to find Guzzlord's hole (which wound up being a "legendary" Ultra Wormhole) in my Ultra Sun game---

But the first hole (a double ring) I land inside in my Ultra Moon game? BAM! Ultra Ruin. I wasn't even looking for it: my target in that game was Ultra Deep Sea and Nihilego.

Anyway, I'm still in the middle of SR'ing for the two. I'm using a not-quite-foolproof strategy with Guzzlord that I've tested and hope works when it shines. It involves it fainting the Synchronizer, having the Skill Swapper consume a Focus Sash to tank the following hit in order to put Own Tempo on Guzzlord, then praying Sing works and/or I can whittle down its HP enough to safely use Roto Capture.

I expect the battle with shiny Nihilego to go much more smoothly. I'm thinking of having my Synchronizer (which isn't the best nature for it, but it's okay) use Memento if it uses Stealth Rock on the first turn.

Best of luck, fellow hunters!

Caroxine

Was breeding for 31/31/31/x/31/0 IVs ferroseed.
Got what i wanted.

However while hatching my leftover eggs, i hatched a shiny ferroseed. Unfortunately, IVs are 31/31/31/x/31/30.

I plan to run gyro ball hence 0 speed IV is ideal.

Now i have a decision to make. Which ferroseed should i go with? Shiny but not ideal speed IV or non-shiny perfect IVs?

Which would you choose?

Waves01

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to everyone who has found some shinies I finally got my nidoran male and then decided to hunt psyduck and 700-800 hordes later I found her after finding 4 shiny hoppips I'm doing gulpin now

TheMaster327

Was breeding for 31/31/31/x/31/0 IVs ferroseed.
Got what i wanted.

However while hatching my leftover eggs, i hatched a shiny ferroseed. Unfortunately, IVs are 31/31/31/x/31/30.

I plan to run gyro ball hence 0 speed IV is ideal.

Now i have a decision to make. Which ferroseed should i go with? Shiny but not ideal speed IV or non-shiny perfect IVs?

Which would you choose?

Doesn't Ferrothorn get Curse? That way you can lower it's Speed and power up Gyro Ball in the process. I'd go with the shiny.

As for me, hit odds now fishing in Route 15. Hopefully I can get something soon...

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I found another random shiny during my Friend Safari endeavor; this time, a shiny Piloswine. He's Careful with Thick Fat. I named him PeamealBacon.

Congrats on all the recent shiny Pokémon and good luck with your hunts!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
My 3DS hunting Rockruff died in the encounter which wasn't really irritating to me since I had already used 30+ leppa berries and 20+ roto PP powers in that encounter with nothing to show, charged and restarted it and within ~40 encounters got myself a Shiny Rockruff in a Beast Ball! Male, Modest, Keen eye and I nicknamed him Odie.(After the Garfield dog and an old dog I had)

Then I started grinding XP from Chansey to get my Smeargle up to level(After getting the moves I wanted on it) and about 30 minutes in found a Shiny Chansey! Since I already have one I evolved her into Blissey. Careful nature and nicknamed her Carrie.(After Carrie Fisher who was a big part of my early life bonding with my dad, and also doubles with being a name involving 'Care' in it.)

Now hunting Furfrou via SOS and I'm still in the Normal safari on X after getting a Shiny Loudred.(Unsure if I posted it here or not) Hoping to get Eevee, but I'll likely get another Loudred or Teddiursa.

Good luck to everyone on their current hunts and congrats to recent successes!

Waves01

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to all shiny hunters who found the shiny they wanted.
I stopped hunting in my Y for a day and started playing fire red again planning on hunting diglett no luck yet but I decided to get on my Y 10 min ago and 5 hordes later I found my shiny gulpin she has a bashful nature she only took me roughly 100 hordes. Next hunt is zangoose

Caroxine

Doesn't Ferrothorn get Curse? That way you can lower it's Speed and power up Gyro Ball in the process. I'd go with the shiny.

As for me, hit odds now fishing in Route 15. Hopefully I can get something soon...

So with a curse up, the damage for gyro ball would be the same for one with 30 speed IV and another with 0 speed IV?

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
Hi guys,

I haven’t been hunting for a while but I recently got back into it. My main hunts are Eevee in leaf green at 2,728 srs and rowlet/litten in sun at 2,375 srs.

Also does anyone know if it’s faster to sr for litten/rowlet in sun or ultra moon? The cut scenes are so long :eek:, do you find out it’s shiny or not whiny at the same time (when you get the option to nickname it.)

Good luck everyone!

Waves01

Shiny Hunter
Hi guys,

I haven’t been hunting for a while but I recently got back into it. My main hunts are Eevee in leaf green at 2,728 srs and rowlet/litten in sun at 2,375 srs.

Also does anyone know if it’s faster to sr for litten/rowlet in sun or ultra moon? The cut scenes are so long :eek:, do you find out it’s shiny or not whiny at the same time (when you get the option to nickname it.)

Good luck everyone!
In ultra sun and moon the starter cut scene is faster and I believe it's at the same time for the shiny and nickname part

TheMaster327

So with a curse up, the damage for gyro ball would be the same for one with 30 speed IV and another with 0 speed IV?

Well, Curse drops Speed by -1 stage, and also boosts Attack and Defense +1 stage. I would say if you get 1 or 2 Curses up, you'd be more than comfortably above the damage output from a 30 Attack IV non-Curse Gyro Ball.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny eevee #2 after 5,112 REs. Another male, modest nature and mischievous, with Anticipation :D He's going to be a Pixilate sylveon.

Edit: Shiny minccino #3. Female, timid, mischievous, with Cute Charm. 5,995 REs.

Also, I was building a fleet of hot air balloons in one of my Minecraft worlds and I think I disturbed somebody...

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/U9fdP5t.jpg[/img139]

Last edited: