• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

I have been a little distracted lately as I just downloaded Gold and Crystal on virtual console...

Like many others I wanted to get a shiny from the Odd Egg and on my first attempt, I got a shiny Cleffa.

I also caught the shiny Gyarados on Gold and put it in the day care to start hatching Magikarp eggs with the hope of getting a shiny due to the 1/64 shiny odds.. I am not too familiar with the egg appearance rate, however since I have hunted on other games... it appears very slow on Gold. I managed to play through around half of the game and I would keep going back to the day care with no egg waiting... Is this normal?

In other news I also caught 6x shiny Nidoran Male in Pearl through chaining. With a lower encounter rate I thought it was worth mentioning.

Congrats on all the new shinies and good luck everyone :)

SheroGH

The part everyone wants to know is, can it be shiny? Or did they be jerks and lock it again

I hope it can be shiny. I want a legit pink celebi. Not sure one has ever been released.

Edit: Shiny fraxure get. Timid, takes plenty of siestas, Mold Breaker. Not a good nature for a haxorus, but meh. I was syncing for noibat. 465 (lol) REs.

I'm hunting it so time will tell, but I already saw on twitter some french guy got it after 140 SRs.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Celebi can be shiny in Pokemon Crystal Virtual Console yes.

Note: Don't worry how you capture it, if you want to master ball it to be safe then just do it, because once it's been pokebanked over to gen 7 games, it'll be in a regular Poke-Ball, because gen 2 games don't hold onto any ball data. :)

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny sliggoo after 760 REs. Female, timid, mischievous, with Hydration.. That's not a bad nature for goodra, actually.

Now if my target would please shine...

Edit: There's the third one of the trio. And of course the sync would pick now to fail... I was syncing for timid but shiny noibat is bold, mischievous, and has Telepathy. So I got the hidden ability but not the right nature. He appeared after 912 REs

Target acquired. Just need to IV-check these three and then I'm outta here.

Last edited:

ArcanineRaichu77

Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and BVB fan~
Shiny Eevee! :D

Hi again, everyone! Some lovely shinies here recently,
congrats on all of those :) I decided to switch to just hunting Eevee on my Black 2 BQ as I have a future hunt planned for Cottonee. This weekend has been stressful for me, telling my mum about my boyfriend and everything. I went to a friends house to have some space and to have some fun and reduce my anxiety some. I remembered about the Pass Powers you can use on the game, and after grinding my Black and White entree levels I obtained Encounter Power 3, and resumed my hunt with my replenished stock of repels.

After 6,307 RE's (under odds again!) Eevee shone :D
[img139]https://i.imgur.com/XIB3dV4.jpg[/img139] I was scared I'd miss the shiny for some reason but I saw it right away! My friend was also very happy for me :p. More pics under the spoiler of those lovely shiny :).
[img139]https://i.imgur.com/F2lZBCG.jpg[/img139][img139]https://i.imgur.com/tOv1dRu.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://i.imgur.com/b8i8tWW.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://i.imgur.com/OWG997V.jpg[/img139]

He is going to be a Glaceon, as his nature is Rash, and he has an attack IV of 6, and good IV's (20+) in Defense, SpA and Speed. I named him Nixstorm, after the icy area in my favourite Pokemon Spinoff game: Pokemon Conquest
:D. My shiny Tranquil easily beat Burgh, and I did a few hundred encounters at the Desert Resort for the 4th shiny of this BQ, before I decided to move to Route 5 and hunt there instead. My target is a shiny Gothita :). I'm only on around 1k~ REs so far, so early days! Hopefully Gothita shines first so I don't have the phase for this target xD. I had a dreams recently involving a shiny Treecko and a shiny Torchic, so I should get back to Treecko SR's on my Sapphire soon! Good luck, everyone! When I evolve him I'll edit this post with the pics :)
~AR77~​

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Congrats to all new Shinies since my last post!

Since my last post, I've gotten over a dozen duplicate Wormhole Shinies. In terms of new Shinies, I've gotten a Stunfisk, Lombre, Grumpig, Nuzleaf, Drapion, Swellow, Yanmega, and Abomasnow from Ultra Wormholes, meaning that I've gotten everything I can from Yellow Wormholes aside from Legendaries and need only one non-Legendary in each of the others (I need one more Lombre and Nuzleaf for their evolutions, and Nuzleaf is the last in Green for my Ultra Moon).

However, a few minutes ago, after 1183 Random Encounters, I got a Shiny Blacephalon. I was ready to use my Master Ball on it if it had use Mind Blown one time, but the first Beast Ball caught it. Now I just need a Shiny Poipole so I can get the Shiny Charm in my other two versions.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It's not a huge bragging right, but I got Pokemon Crystal on Friday, and yesterday, I received the Odd Egg.

First rattle out of the box, and it was a shiny Smoochum.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Now hunting Furfrou via SOS and I'm still in the Normal safari on X after getting a Shiny Loudred.(Unsure if I posted it here or not) Hoping to get Eevee, but I'll likely get another Loudred or Teddiursa.

Nearly 2 weeks later, I FINALLY got my shiny Furfrou! Nicknamed him Scamp and he's a Jolly nature.(which is really good!)

I also got a Shiny Teddiursa from the Normal friend safari, completing that evolutionary line. I nicknamed him Kodiak.

I am now going to pain myself with an Elekid hunt via SOS. I'll have to be very attentive to tell whether it's shiny or not.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I've been pushing forward in Ultra Sun... I beat the dragon trial, woke solgaleo, met necrozma, and managed to kick a lvl 60 ultra necrozma's glowing butt with a team in the lvl 56-58 range by reviving my gyarados every time it fainted and letting Intimidate chip away at necrozma's attack. My dusk lycanroc toughed out u.n.'s attacks while on its last HP point twice, letting me rack up damage while I could. The finishing blow actually came from my shiny magnezone's Gigavolt Havoc since magnezone was very resistant to everything necrozma could throw at it.

I am now breeding synchronizers so I can go back and start SRing poipole while my team soaks up levels in poke pelago. Why waste the opportunity to passively level them instead of leaving them in the PC box while I SR

bloodghoul

Porygon2 - DoomDuck!
Congrats to everyone on their shinies.

Over the last few days I have had some amazing shiny luck.

So first I got my first wormhole shiny, Yanmega which I called Tonbo which is Japanese for Dragonfly.

Then I decided to SOS Chain for Zorua ... after 14! chain it appeared. Sync didnt work but I called it Kitsao, a combination of Kitsu (Fox) and Ao (Blue)

Then I wanted to SOS Chain for Pichu and after a chain of 270 I was rewarded with a shiny ..... a shiny ... Happiny -__- .... thankfully this time the Sync failed ... It is Impish nature, which is usable if I wanted. I called her Aiko.

Then whilst searching for a certain legend to reset for I got another wormhole legend, Swellow. Sync worked and I called her Windam. A big green bird guardian from anime Magic Knight Rayearth.

Then tonight my luck carried on. I found the legend I was searching for. After 304 resets ...SHINY RAYQUAZA!! ... but Sync failed T_T .... Careful nature :( .... But Rayquaza is my favourite legend ever so to have a shiny one is awesome ... I called him Acnologia, after the bad dragon from Fairy Tail.

5 Shinies ... in 3 days! ... I think I wont be getting many more this year xD

I dont want to spam with links ... so here is one to an imgur album with picture proofs ... https://imgur.com/a/L1ASi

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Long awaited update!

I haven't been hunting Rapidash recently, instead I've been hunting Lugia in UM. And the (swear word) is being a (another swear word), as I've gone 7,820 SR's with no shiny. 100+ ingame hours, since November in real time. Really starting to lose my patience for it. Other hunts I've started include Electabuzz in Gold, Route 10 in Black and Virbank Complex in Black 2.

Planned shiny hunts include 3 in Crystal: Celebi, Suicune and Extremespeed Dratini.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I was looking for Phanpy in Crystal on Route 46 this morning and I came across my first shiny in Crystal! A shiny Geodude. I completely missed the shiny flash and only noticed it was shiny because the color looked off.

Good luck on your hunts!

Iwanuq

Iwan
Hello all it’s been awhile, but I just got Shiny Stakataka, was doing random encounters for it and got it at 98. Then I decided to try for a snorunt got her at 37 sos calls. Good luck to everyone hunting, I’m going to finish Pokémon Crystal and hunt for Celebi next.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I have acquired the VC Crystal, so that I too can get my own shiny celebi. Once I get around to it, that is...

I'm up to 2,200 SRs for poipole and counting.

TheMaster327

So, after a long, long hunt of 8,915 SRs, a partly-green mosquito showed up!

[img139]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/201254087642054657/409083449643892739/20180202_202610.jpg[/img139]

Buzzwole fortunately ended up obeying my Adamant Sync and was Adamant itself, and I caught it in a Net Ball, funny for an oversized bug! Only the pre-E4 hunt to go now on my STQ! Thinking another UB. Or Xerneas.

Grats on all the recent shinies and good luck to those still hunting!

bloodghoul

Porygon2 - DoomDuck!
Ok so my insane week of shiny luck continues with shiny number 7.

Shiny Ho-oh after 852 resets, I was just about to give up because I wanted to stop shiny hunting and go catch some good natures pokemon to EV train so gave myself 10 more minutes of resetting .. literally on the 9th minute it popped up.
Caught it and just like Rayquaza .. Sync did not work -_- .... daaaang ... oh wells I can get the Ho-oh off Gold and make sure it has the right nature and hidden ability too. Doesnt matter for the black plus cos Ho-oh cant be used in many official tournaments lol

https://imgur.com/Z8xaTpP

I called it Fawkes after the phoenix from Harry Potter, probably over-used name but its nice :)

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
I know it’s been a while since my last post but I started a badge quest on soul silver done 100 soft resets so far. Don’t care what I start off with just excited to start shiny hunting again

Echo Nacyl

Well then.
I started hunting Celebi on my Crystal yesterday. I'm not very far along; just over 200 SRs so far.
But today, during SRs 101-201 (so far), I was simultaneously SRing my Sun version for Null (for one to keep as Null), and much to my surprise it shined right as Celebi counter hit 201. No idea how many total (was also Sring it alongside other things) but absolutely less than my first Null took. It's Brave, Japanese (I played Sun in Japanese for reading practice and to breed certain Pokemon), IVs 10-12 HP, 30-31 in Atk/Def/SpAtk/SpDef, and 12-14 Speed. I don't have the judge feature available atm to narrow the 31s down.
Next alongside-hunt will be my second Poipole, using my UltraSun. Here's hoping it comes quickly too, though Celebi remains my primary target.

Good luck everyone, especially anyone tackling Celebi.

Rapiido

Tried my first attempt at SOS chaining just to see if anything would happen, and a shiny Magnemite showed up after maybe 30 rounds.
Adds to my entirely random shiny Rhydon I found in my last X playthrough.

Remembering back that I had a shiny Kadabra in Pearl but didn't care as much back then and made a new game not too long later........ I was stupid.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
I haven't been shiny hunting in forever.
What Pokemon are shiny locked in USUM?