• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Just hatched a shiny squirtle after exactly 210 eggs soo stoked. Best/ pretty good/ best/ decent/ pretty good/ best are it’s ivs thank goodness for bottle caps. Good luck on all your hunts and congrats to all the new shinies

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Oranguru finally shines after exactly 2,500 eggs. Female, sassy nature, likes to thrash about, with Telepathy.

Now I can finally move on...

Echo Nacyl

Two more shiny Unown in less than 24 hours...alas, both of them were K, so it's only one new one overall.
So far I have gotten, in order, M N X T X W K K.
Poipole, meanwhile, is being quite as stubborn as my first one.

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Just caught a shiny dratini on my ultra Moon. Took me over 22 hours but so worth it now time for a nap

wobbanut

Team Awesome
After a few weeks of doing nothing but playing UltraSun, no shiny hunting, I decided to ride the wormhole to track down the available legendaries apart from trading or those that need certain pokemon in your party. I fought the pokemon at each spot to level up my pokemon and finish the pokedex. Then the last two days I managed to get a bumper crop of shinies in the wormholes, four altogether with three of them being ones I haven't had shiny before:

magcargo
medicham (the only repeat)
barbaracle
nuzleaf

I've decided to work a little more on just searching for the legendaries, but that was great to suddenly find a few random shinies.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Well, no shiny Type: Null for me in US. I did not realize that I would be getting it just before going in to face blacephalon so I hadn't saved and was not set up for it. I'll remember that for when I get UM.

The blacephalon hunt is at 125 SRs already.

After TWO MONTHS of soft resetting I FINALLY got my shiny Nihilego last night! It's Timid natured and gorgeous and I'm so excited to finally have it!

TheMaster327

So I got the sixth member of my Gold VC BQ just now, and it was also what I wanted!

[spoil][img139]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/241265006035861504/419203906254667776/20180302_182942.jpg[/img139][img139]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/241265006035861504/419203940123672577/20180302_183457.jpg[/img139][/spoil]

Shiny Mantine! After only 2,109 REs! Not sure what to go for next as that came super fast!

Pluski

Well, no shiny Type: Null for me in US. I did not realize that I would be getting it just before going in to face blacephalon so I hadn't saved and was not set up for it. I'll remember that for when I get UM.

The blacephalon hunt is at 125 SRs already.

You can avoid Type:Null that early by completely filling up your boxes and party before the cutscene where you are supposed to receive it. Wicke will then take Type:Null back to Aether Paradise, where you can soft reset very quickly for it, as she will only have two short sentences of dialogue.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
You can avoid Type:Null that early by completely filling up your boxes and party before the cutscene where you are supposed to receive it. Wicke will then take Type:Null back to Aether Paradise, where you can soft reset very quickly for it, as she will only have two short sentences of dialogue.

Wish I'd known this before. It's too late now... I have the non-shiny one and I'm 547 SRs into the blacephalon hunt.

Edit: HOLY CRAP SHINY BLACEPHALON AFTER ONLY 577 SR! O.O I was not expecting it that fast!

Sync failed and it ended up with a Docile nature, likes to thrash about, with the standard Beast Boost ability. Caught in the first beast ball after putting it to sleep and using a Roto Catch.

I'm going to reset the count now and go after the second one, because yes, I'm nuts enough to do just that.

Last edited:

Scrufox86

Hi all. Well I decided to try friend safari hunt for eevee but.. have so far only gotten two more teddiursa and two more minccino. Meh I can keep trying I guess. Congrats to all other shinies gotten since my last post!

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Needed a short break from Celebi and it payed off! Shiny Rayquaza after 532 resets!

[IMG139]https://i.imgur.com/xZJrhNc.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]https://i.imgur.com/vqx51br.jpg[/IMG139]

My adamant sync worked! I named it Drogon after Daenerys' black dragon, which means I finally completed my trio (along with Rhaegal, my Dragonite from Crystal, and Viserion, my Drampa from Moon).

Now back to Celebi. I'm currently at 1150 SRs. Good luck with your hunts!

twee

@^▽^@
i ran into my first non-event shiny ever
two days ago while working on my moon 'dex !

he's a raticate that i've named raspberry !

can't wait until i get a shiny charm x___x​

Cyberra

pain in the ***
So, uhm, yeah, I was SRing for the second blacephalon in Poni Grove and after 1,333 SRs I run into a random shiny riolu.

I was wondering if anyone else who'd SR'd the UBs here has had this happen and suddenly BAM! Gold jackal.

Male, timid nature (possible special lucario, since I was syncing for a timid UB Burst), quick tempered, with Steadfast.

That came as one heck of a surprise...

Echo Nacyl

I finally come with news!
My second shiny Poipole has finally arrived! Timid as well, thanks to sync, and this one has HP Ice. Whether I'll use that or not is up in the air, but it certainly beats the HP Dragon my other shiny has. It has worse defense IVs, but 31 in SpAtk and Speed (and Atk...eh).
At last I can resume my Celebi hunt--but not before I track down my next simultaneous target (which will be whatever I find first of Ho-oh, Heatran, or Xerneas).

Good luck everyone~

Cyberra

pain in the ***
3,470 SRs for blacephalon #2. My parasect was holding an occa berry for the first 3,460 of those SRs, but then I switched it for a smoke ball. I kept running into 'mons I couldn't run away from immediately. After the millionth time having to wait out four Hyper Voices and two five-hit Bullet Seeds from random trumbeaks, I got completely fed up.

Edit: Another shiny not-blacephalon. This time it's a shiny zoroark after 3,736 soft resets. Male, timid (best nature), likes to relax, with Illusion. Caught in a dive ball.

Let's see what else I find before blacephalon shines.

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Got another fresh shiny this week while riding the wormholes in UltraSun collecting the legendaries (only Azelf and Ho-oh are left). I got a shiny swanna this time. :) I'm hoping I'll get a shiny female yanmega on one of these trips for my shiny Rocketdex.

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
3,470 SRs for blacephalon #2. My parasect was holding an occa berry for the first 3,460 of those SRs, but then I switched it for a smoke ball. I kept running into 'mons I couldn't run away from immediately. After the millionth time having to wait out four Hyper Voices and two five-hit Bullet Seeds from random trumbeaks, I got completely fed up.

Edit: Another shiny not-blacephalon. This time it's a shiny zoroark after 3,736 soft resets. Male, timid (best nature), likes to relax, with Illusion. Caught in a dive ball.

Let's see what else I find before blacephalon shines.

Yikes this why I decided not to shiny hunt the second one plus scared the sync would fail again and I wanted to start breeding with charm. Good luck!

Well stubborn zapdos 800srs since my last post and no shiny yet hope to get it soon though to go back to mming