• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I would never hunt for a full odds egg. It's far less time consuming for me to either get a foreign Ditto or just search out in the wild.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny articuno after 2,208 SRs!

My very first shiny legendary bird! Sync worked this time and it is Timid nature and somewhat vain, with Pressure. It took a few minutes, but I got it in a dive ball.

I was going to go right back to my pikipek MM using the magikarp swap, but I'm having worrying computer problems so instead I'm going to grab a different sync and see if I can get back to the ultra forest to SR kartana. I found it the other day before finding articuno and fainted the kartana so I wouldn't have to deal with the cutscene. Just to be on the safe side, I'm going to bring my sync for guzzlord along, too.

Edit: Okay, change of plans... I crashed into a green legendary wormhole and found reshiram. Since I do have the proper sync with me, I'm going to SR it.

Last edited:
Yesterday I got my shiny Latios in ultra sun. Only SR'ing for 3 days which was pretty fast as well. No clue how many SR's I exactly did, I never count those.

I also caught a shiny Stunfisk, Barbaracle and Altaria through wormholes. Especially happy with Altaria since I used to have a shiny one in the past but traded it for a hacked Keldeo back before Keldeo was officially released. Glad I got another one now.

Congrats to everyone above. And good luck to everyone hunting for more.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny reshiram after only 387 SRs.

I was not expecting it to shine that fast. Sync worked and it is modest, alert to sounds, and has Turboblaze. I'm very happy.

Went back into the ultra wormhole looking for kartana. First white wormhole I went into, a one-ring, led to the ultra plant. I have no plans to go after xurkitree again (though I might in the future, to get a better nature on a shiny one). So I left. Next run I went about 3,300 light-years away (I have yet to break 4,900) and found another one-ring white wormhole just as lunala was running out of steam. I went in...

..and found myself at the Ultra Ruin.

I am now parked in front of guzzlord and already 200 SRs into the hunt. The ultra ruin is the rarest one to find, so I'm not going to faint it and then try to find my way back. I'm just going to deal with the cutscene until it decides to shine for me. Good thing I decided to bring both the syncs for guzzlord and kartana with me.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
I've said it before in this thread, I caught a Shiny Barbacle at full shiny odds in UM on my second ever wormhole run. Not so thrilled since I have one from X and Y already...BUT!!! Now here's the good part, I managed to get a good, long run in the wormhole something like in the 5000's and I caught my again FULL ODDS Shiny Medicham! She's beautiful and I've been training her.
rwPvqpP.jpg

cckz0zG.jpg

And then after getting the Shiny Charm I was trying to find Kyurem because I have Zekrom and Reshiram from my other games and I got sucked into a Rarity 2 hole and found this:

3bOBWAE.jpg

Qy04q28.jpg

This one will be my second best he Perish Songed my Doctor Hoot and was down to the last one and I finally caught him in a Timer Ball. You can imagine how relieved I was to lock it on that crucial turn.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
I'm still at it for Celebi. 3333 just went by and still nothing but green. Totodile in HGSS has been on hold so I can focus all attention on double hunting Celebi. I also continue soft resetting for Charmander in FR whenever I'm on the go and not able to bring my two 3DS's with me. Gameboy Micro is so convenient for travel.

I'm definitely taking a break from full odds after Celebi sparkles.

It's safe to assume any shiny from Wonder Trade is hacked, or at the very least, cloned.

I looked up the guy's name, he's apparently a German YouTuber who was doing some live streaming and giving away Shinies in Wonder Trades. I didn't see the video of the UB Shiny giveaway but he did have others up on his channel so I am HOPING he's legit.

CapybaraMage

Novice Shiny Hunter
I've said it before in this thread, I caught a Shiny Barbacle at full shiny odds in UM on my second ever wormhole run. Not so thrilled since I have one from X and Y already...BUT!!! Now here's the good part, I managed to get a good, long run in the wormhole something like in the 5000's and I caught my again FULL ODDS Shiny Medicham! She's beautiful and I've been training her.

And then after getting the Shiny Charm I was trying to find Kyurem because I have Zekrom and Reshiram from my other games and I got sucked into a Rarity 2 hole and found this:

3bOBWAE.jpg

Qy04q28.jpg

Not sure if wormhole shinies could be considered “full odds”...
https://www.reddit.com/r/ShinyPokemon/comments/7myj5n/7_warp_ride_shiny_odds_grid/
Also, pretty sure shiny charm doesn’t affect non-legendaries/ultra beasts in Ultra Space if you didn’t know.

I looked up the guy's name, he's apparently a German YouTuber who was doing some live streaming and giving away Shinies in Wonder Trades. I didn't see the video of the UB Shiny giveaway but he did have others up on his channel so I am HOPING he's legit.

If it’s Mitsuki.TV, definitely a hacker. I’ve run into this person before. If it’s someone else though, no idea.
Take a look at this impossible shiny Shaymin:
WvPNAWU.jpg

0Sc1saw.jpg

hYXNwZy.jpg

But still, if you don’t mind hacked mons it’s a good find. I personally don’t like them, but I thought I’d keep this one to gaze at wistfully.
Congrats on the new shinies though. I adore the name Topaz. I plan to hunt my own Altaria sometime. Hopefully Perish Song won’t give me a heart attack when I do.

I recently got my first wormhole shiny (Quagsire) while I was trying to find Latias. I had my Timid sync, Rosemary the Gardevoir, up front so it ended up Timid. I was too lazy to SR for good stats because the actual search for Latias was taking hours and I was getting tired. The next day I finally ran into Latias and have been slowly SRing. Really looking forward to Wednesday so I can spend my day off work getting lots of hunting in. I’m determined to make her shine.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Can relate on that one! Got a pair of hacked shinies recently on Ultra Sun. Keeping them though since they're pretty nice looking.

Working hard on trying to get a shiny Cyndaquil in Silver and a shiny Totodile in Gold and hard at work at trying to hatch a shiny Magikarp in Moon. No luck with any of them so far, but I'm not giving up.

You can imagine how relieved I was to lock it on that crucial turn.

In case you do future ultra wormhole hunts. The shininess of normal pokémon (so not legendaries or UB's) gets determined when you arrive through the wormhole. Just save every time just in case, if you mess up and reload your save the pokemon will still be shiny.

Anyways, I got a shiny Exeggcute today from SOS hunting in my attempt to get all final kanto pokemon shiny. Felt like the longest SOS hunt I ever did and it lasted 3 days (each a separate hunt). Had been in the same battle from morning till evening today until it finally shone.

Took it to ultra space and evolved into a kanto Exeggutor since I already have a shiny alola one. That's one more kanto one down, still 23 to go.

Next target's probably gonna be Seel. Smoochum might be next after ir and after that I'll check my Y friend safari if any still have kanto mons I don't have shiny yet. If not the others are all gonna be Masuda Method ones and the legendary birds soft resets of course.

Last edited:

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
It wasn't that You Tuber he had a different name, PokeIzzi or something.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Any giveaway events held by tubers are designed to bring more people to their channels, as such they often hold shiny giveaways on their youtube livestreams or more commonly twitch streams.

If he got it legitimately it's the 1% of Pokemon giveaways where the promoter has used one of his own claims, albeit cloned and distributed to hundreds of others for a wondertrade giveaway.

However the other 99% are usually just computer generated giveaways ran by genners via twich to bring more people to their channels to get more money. They giveaway gen'd Pokemon by the hundreds/thousands every day which are usually created with a unique OT/ID combination relevant to the promoters channel.

If it's a rare Shiny Pokemon though you can probably put all your money on it being genned 100%.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I've gotten a couple of WT'd shinies from AusLove, a YouTuber/streamer. Level 100, 6IVs (one of them a legendary, too), perfect natures, in rare balls. Hacked beyond any doubt. I keep them because I like how they look, and I can use the love ball bruxish to breed a more legit one.

Back when I was playing Y I got another very blatant hack: a hidden ability dream ball shiny palkia. Which is entirely impossible because Dream Radar pokemon cannot be shiny, ever. And palkia's HA is only available from the Dream Radar in Gen V as far as I know.

1,600 SRs and counting for guzzlord.

Last edited:

TheMaster327

So after a LONG 15,421 SRs, the 9th member of my Gold BQ appeared!
20180418_220339.jpg

Shiny Ho-Oh! I took advantage of the gen 2 Struggle mechanic (the kind mechanic which isn't 1/4 health recoil) to just chuck everything I had at it, but I had to break out the Master Ball as it burned through all my other Balls. Still, that's the point of a Master Ball, to get you out of a hole!

TheMaster327

So I decided to start going for a shiny living dex in my Ultra Sun, and got Bulbasaur #1 of 3 in only 58 eggs! Currently at 100 for the second one. These Bulba are Everstoned Calm.
DbK8NEWXUAcz92d.jpg

MegaTravis

Pokemon Trainer
The other day I got a preowned copy of Ultra Sun. The Pokedex was almost done so I finished it and got the Shiny charm. I then started hunting Pichu by the SOS method, after around 40 Pichu, one shined and I caught it. After that I started hunting Rockruff using the SOS method and then after around 100 something Rockruff one shined and I caught it. I am so happy that I got these two. I will be using them when I play through Ultra Sun! Congrats to everyone on their shinies!
2Zd8ObH.jpg

JXw6NEn.jpg

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Freshly caught in Moon Ball, in 27th SOS chain, and almost flawless. I was hoping for Timid Nature as I was leading with Alakazam, but Gentle nature at least, fits such a male! Adaptability, no HA. Planning to keep as Eevee with its Eeveium Z for now, until 8th generation hopefully(!)

EDIT: Got a Timid, Shiny Eevee in Luxury Ball after 902nd chain this time. Flawless Male and Adaptability as its ability.

RWrbfoC.png

DPWZof0.png

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Stubborn guzzlord is stubborn. I'm at 3,426 for it and still no sparkle.

Echo Nacyl

Well that was amusing. Was gathering eggs for my HA Litten hunt while on a train today. Started hatching the box I'd gathered, but then reached my destination. Several hours later on the train back, I take one in-game step and hatch a shiny, female, HA Litten. 5V missing Attack of all things, but that's rectifiable.
Next up, Rowlet.

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
I almost jumped backwards from seeing a grey Eevee (Chinese) arriving through Wonder Trade. Thought it'd be hacked or from some old game with super bad IV's but apparently that's one Outstanding individual and the bad HP IV's can be hyper trained later! Someone doing a giveaway or accidently traded this away, not sure, but I don't mind giving a loving home to one more shiny Eeveelution. :)

TheMaster327

Second shiny Bulba after 427 eggs (485 total so far). One to go for the line then I can move on to Charmander. Side note: If anyone needs a 6IV Bulba, I have some spare. Bog-standard Overgrow ones with Giga Drain.
20180422_191416.jpg

Edit: Third shiny Bulba arrives after 527 eggs (1,012 eggs for the line)! On to Charmander when Deadeye gets back to me with the 6IV one they're getting me for one of the 6IV Bulba.
20180424_203215.jpg

Last edited: