• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cyberra

pain in the ***
5,370 SRs for guzzlord and counting. This is one very stubborn UB.

I moved groudon and kyogre ahead from Y so I can SR for rayquaza once I get guzzlord and finish my pikipek MM. I've never had the opportunity to SR rayquaza before. I do have Emerald, but the broken RNG put me off, and while I do have SoulSilver I have been told I can only use the groudon/kyogre from HGSS and I do not have HeartGold. Hopefully there is no such restriction in Ultra Sun and a Gen 6 pair will work.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
5,370 SRs for guzzlord and counting. This is one very stubborn UB.

I moved groudon and kyogre ahead from Y so I can SR for rayquaza once I get guzzlord and finish my pikipek MM. I've never had the opportunity to SR rayquaza before. I do have Emerald, but the broken RNG put me off, and while I do have SoulSilver I have been told I can only use the groudon/kyogre from HGSS and I do not have HeartGold. Hopefully there is no such restriction in Ultra Sun and a Gen 6 pair will work.
I used a gen 6 pair to get mine.
You can use the runaway method instead of SR in Emerald.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Stubborn UB continues to be stubborn. I just hit 7,800 SRs for guzzlord and no sign of sparkles yet.

Anybody wanna take bets on whether or not I get it before I hit 10k? I'll be passing the old full odds tomorrow if it doesn't shine.

Edit: Shiny freaking guzzlord after 8,243 soft resets! Sync worked for a change and it is modest and alert to sounds. I'll check its IVs when I get back to the Pokemon Center. And then it's back to the daycare to pick up my pikipek MM again.

Edit #2: Shiny pikipek after a total of 1,861 eggs. Male, naive nature and takes plenty of siestas, with Keen Eye. Was hoping for Skill Link, but meh. He'll make a very pretty toucannon. I love toucannon's shiny.

Gonna grab my Jolly sync and go back into the wormholes. I'll be looking for kartana and/or rayquaza

Last edited:

TheMaster327

So I decided to search the GTS for a decent Charmander and got one with nice egg moves, so I took to Masuda for the first of three Charmander. After 332 eggs, one popped out yellow!
20180430_190146.jpg

These Charmander are Everstoned Jolly, and this one turned out perfect with 31/31/31/xx/31/31 IVs! Egg moves on these Charmander are Belly Drum, Flare Blitz, Outrage and Dragon Dance. (Sidenote to Deadeye, who is after one of my 6IV Bulba: I won't require a Charmander now, but if you can prepare a female Rain Dish Squirtle (any IVs), I'll accept that for a Bulba).

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Took a break from my Celebi double hunt in one of my Crystals to travel through Kanto and find Houndour and Larvitar for breeding. Just hatched a shiny Larviatar! It's female and I'm thinking of naming her Terra.

Hopefully Celebi isn't far behind! Good luck on your hunts!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I found a shiny magcargo while trying to navigate the ultra wormhole. It's Jolly, since that's the sync I'm leading with, and has Flame Body. And that's about as close as I looked.

It's official: I suck at navigating the wormholes. And the wormholes love trolling me. I found two legendary red holes but both contained ho-oh. Crashed into a legendary yellow which contained groudon but I didn't have the right sync for it. And then I blew a turn into a common-rarity green and ran into terrakion.

Of the white wormholes, the Ultra Ruin is supposed to be the rarest. I found it three times in single-ring white holes. It took something like three hours to find a two-ring white that led me back to the Ultra Forest. No sign of rayquaza at all.

I am now 72 SRs into the hunt for the hostile origami (kartana).

Pyreon

I took a break on Shiny Hunting Kartana at about 2000 SRs. I'll go back eventually, but I'm now MMing a Shiny Torchic since I plan on using it competitively. Let's see how many eggs I need. Hope this is fast :)

TheMaster327

Second shiny Charmander pops out after 292 eggs! 624 total for the line so far... This one also had the perfect IV spread for Jolly, with a better IV in Sp. Atk than the first one.
20180501_170057.jpg

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Second shiny Charmander pops out after 292 eggs! 624 total for the line so far... This one also had the perfect IV spread for Jolly, with a better IV in Sp. Atk than the first one.
20180501_170057.jpg
Lucky! Haven't had any luck still with the Magikarp shiny hunt in Moon version.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Are the chances of Pokemon being shiny different in the Poke Pelago, and if so by how much

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Are the chances of Pokemon being shiny different in the Poke Pelago, and if so by how much

I've seen people post videos of random wild pokemon being shiny in Pelago. Pretty sure it's the same odds as normal full-odds REs. I've heard it's possible to SR 'mons there by saving before you go and resetting till the 'mon you want shows up, then saving again and SRing till it shines. And then hoping like hell it stays.

Shiny kartana after 1,014 SRs! I was not expecting that. Sync failed again and it came out Hardy instead of Jolly. At least it's a neutral nature I might be able to do something with. The angry origami is alert to sounds and has Beast Boost.

Gonna run back to the pokemon center to heal my smeargle, and then I'm going back into the wormhole. I want that dang rayquaza.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How do you make sure that the shiny in Poke Pelago will stay with you/you won't lose it? I'm afraid I might find one there by accident and it'll leave me

AmethystLeslie

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
This totally hit me out of the blue, I was breeding some Charmanders because I think the one I got in a trade is in a Dream Ball or something (it's pink-ish and not a Heal Ball pink) and on the SECOND egg, I get a Shiny Charmander! He's Docile nature with the egg move Dragon Pulse!
7yZpokp.jpg

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
So I decided to search the GTS for a decent Charmander and got one with nice egg moves, so I took to Masuda for the first of three Charmander. After 332 eggs, one popped out yellow!
20180430_190146.jpg

These Charmander are Everstoned Jolly, and this one turned out perfect with 31/31/31/xx/31/31 IVs! Egg moves on these Charmander are Belly Drum, Flare Blitz, Outrage and Dragon Dance. (Sidenote to Deadeye, who is after one of my 6IV Bulba: I won't require a Charmander now, but if you can prepare a female Rain Dish Squirtle (any IVs), I'll accept that for a Bulba).

I actually have a female HA Wartortle and a male HA Blastoise. The Wartortle was from one of my Safari hunts in X and Y and the Blastoise was a trade. I could breed you one if you want. I was actually looking for a Bulbasaur on GTS; contemplated trading in then breeding a Spiritomb for this Bulba I saw on the GTS because it was holding a Starf berry too.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
This totally hit me out of the blue, I was breeding some Charmanders because I think the one I got in a trade is in a Dream Ball or something (it's pink-ish and not a Heal Ball pink) and on the SECOND egg, I get a Shiny Charmander! He's Docile nature with the egg move Dragon Pulse!
7yZpokp.jpg

Yup, that is indeed a dream ball. I have plenty of pokemon I caught in Dream Radar and transferred over to Black 2 so I know dream balls quite well ^_^ I got a couple of torchic in dream balls through wonder trade, non-HA, and plan to breed them with the HA event one from Y to get a HA dream ball shiny blaziken. Once I finish this SR.

On my fourth or fifth try at the wormhole after getting kartana, I found a legendary red hole and steered solgaleo into it. The red hole contained my target, rayquaza. I'm at 761 SRs for it and counting. Not expecting to get it as quickly as kartana, but hopefully it won't take as long as guzzlord did.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
So I had recently begun my quest to get shiny HA variants of the Alolan starters. I hatched my first white Litten... but it doesn't have the HA! :(

TheMaster327

I actually have a female HA Wartortle and a male HA Blastoise. The Wartortle was from one of my Safari hunts in X and Y and the Blastoise was a trade. I could breed you one if you want. I was actually looking for a Bulbasaur on GTS; contemplated trading in then breeding a Spiritomb for this Bulba I saw on the GTS because it was holding a Starf berry too.

Sounds good, if you've got any nice egg moves for it, that'd be great, but not required for a female HA Squirtle. So you'd like a Bulba?

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Sounds good, if you've got any nice egg moves for it, that'd be great, but not required for a female HA Squirtle. So you'd like a Bulba?
It only has Dragon Pulse though, the one I bred it from was a physical attacker so the special move set the parent had wasn't fitting. The parent originally had Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance and Beat Up as egg moves. The Squirtle is in UM so do you have a friend code or something?

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I'm still working on getting a shiny female yanmega in the wormholes in UltraSun, but I did get a fresh shiny this week, a sigilyph, along with a repeat shiny magcargo. Hopefully I'll get that shiny female yanmega soon.