• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Didn't get a shiny Seel from SOS hunting in Ultra Sun after 5 days so I decided to take a break and do some friend safari hunting in Y. Going after some Kanto pokemon I still didn't have shiny (and takingany additional shinies that happen to show up)

I got a shiny Espurr, Abra, Swalot, Kanto Muk, Minccino and Chansey from hunting for a few days. Espurr and Minccino are going to my living dex since I already have their evolved forms shiny and Swalot is a spare since I already had a shiny one. Really glad with the Abra, Muk and Chansey, that leaves exactly 20 pokemon still to get to have all final kanto evolutions shiny.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
2,400 SRs and counting for rayquaza. I already have a name picked out for it when I catch it, provided it'll fit in the nickname box...

Echo Nacyl

After an extended break from hunting while I was absorbed in playing through the base game of Monster Hunter World (and the ridiculous quest to catch every pet), I've resumed my woefully-behind Celebi hunt with a new tool. I finally got myself a tally counter so I wouldn't have to tally it by hand and boy is it a relief.
2202 and counting.

Grats on any shinies I've missed.
Cyberra: Is it 12 characters or less?

Pyreon

Found a Shiny Torchic after 130 eggs!! :D
Looks so cute!

Next one is Ralts!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
After an extended break from hunting while I was absorbed in playing through the base game of Monster Hunter World (and the ridiculous quest to catch every pet), I've resumed my woefully-behind Celebi hunt with a new tool. I finally got myself a tally counter so I wouldn't have to tally it by hand and boy is it a relief.
2202 and counting.

Grats on any shinies I've missed.
Cyberra: Is it 12 characters or less?

11 characters. So just barely.

4,565 SRs now.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Ultra Wormholes have produced my first Ultra game shiny. It was an Abomasnow, which also works as a replacement on my team for Tsareena. I also got a shiny Swanna.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I got him!

VDRxIp0.jpg

Shiny rayquaza after 5,697 soft resets! Sync worked and he is Jolly, capable of taking hits, with Air Lock. He's named after the World Serpent from Norse myth; I have wanted to name a black rayquaza that forever but this was my first chance to actually catch one. I got him in a luxury ball on the very first try.

I'm so happy :D

Now back to the ranch... I've got a lot of breeding to do. Once I work the kinks back out of my thumbstick... It really does not want to move characters in a full circle after I've been running wormholes.

ArcanineRaichu77

Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and BVB fan~
Out of the grass...a shiny snake slithers!

After around 130 hours, an estimated 6k SR's, Snivy shone for me on White!
1AQHWqe.jpg

After how lucky I had already been this year, I knew I was in for a longer hunt. This hunt honestly still felt very short compared to ones I've had in the past. For a good four weeks I hunted this and nothing else. At home, and on my college commute the SR's kept flowing. I changed my ID two days back on a whim and got the awesome 33939 Oo. Since yesterday I've been working on a new shiny card. Today I was working on it also. Usually I would glance and see the Snivy appear each SR, but this time I didn't, I looked back at my DS and THERE IT WAS! Cue freak out, including swears xD. I am SO happy, not just with this shiny, but the chance to play through BW again. I haven't played through the originals since 2013, and now I can with a shiny team <3. No video this time as I freaked out too much and my internet is bad atm :p. I was SO nervous though, as you have to fight Bianca and Cheren before you can save. Thankfully it all went well and I saved four times xD. I named him Baliss, and more pics under the spoiler~
hKlgd31.jpg

ljQ68be.jpg

uoo67gP.jpg

PKWkxGL.jpg

Zs5VpHz.jpg
Congrats to everyone else and I wish you all luck! My next target after the gym on this Badge Quest is to SR for Panpour :D. *Hugs Baliss* I am SO happy :)
EDIT: I messed up Panpour :/ After 83 sr's I decided to take a good female and MM it as I prefer MM to SR. However I completely forget you have to reach Nimbasa to breed two Pokemon. As I'm doing a BQ that is no feasible for me with one shiny. Kinda sucks but ah well. I'm now reing outside Pinwheel Forest for Tympole for shiny #2 of this White BQ.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I have gotten a number of shinies on my attempt to get legendaries on the Ultra Wormhole game. Even if they are much less special than normal shinies, I do end up having fun with the game

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny anorith after 360 eggs. Male, everstoned Adamant, 5IV perfect, with his HA, Swift Swim, capable of taking hits, and in a dream ball. He'll be a very nice armaldo when he's evolved.

I'm going to be switching to a non-HA magikarp for a while since the one I'm using seems to be giving me mostly HA shinies and a lot of the stuff I want to breed is non-HA. Don't wanna waste it.

I also did some breeding in Gen V today. I want shinies of all four sawsbuck forms, but the only HA one available in Gens 6 and 7 is spring form. Thankfully I had a breeding pair of HA deerling between Black 2 and White 2, so I messed with my DS lite's calendar to breed all four seasons of deerling female and HA, then sent them forward. Need to do some crossbreeding with ones I already had for ball inheritance, then I'll breed them shiny later.

Edit: ...I put a sandygast into the daycare to get a male so I could breed it with a Japanese female and get an offspring in a moon ball, which I would then breed shiny. But while looking for that first male, the fourth darn egg hatched shiny.

So yeah. Shiny sandygast after only 4 eggs. Male, everstoned Calm, capable of taking hits, with Water Compaction. In a luxury ball.

Last edited:

TheMaster327

Finally, the third Charchar decided to sparkle after 2,272 eggs (2,896 for the line) Again with the perfect Jolly IV spread, so all three are 5IV missing Sp. Atk. Onto the turtles when I'm done EVing and evolving :)
20180510_144650.jpg

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
Caught three shinies in the past four days!

Bubblegum Bazooka Kenshao

All Wormhole shinies (obviously).

(Also, slightly off-topic, but I think I WT'ed with you, Cyberra. Is your trainer a blonde girl with pigtail braids, black beach hat, black tank top and black shorts? The trainer had your name, which is why I'm asking. :oops:)

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Caught three shinies in the past four days!

Bubblegum Bazooka Kenshao

All Wormhole shinies (obviously).

(Also, slightly off-topic, but I think I WT'ed with you, Cyberra. Is your trainer a blonde girl with pigtail braids, black beach hat, black tank top and black shorts? The trainer had your name, which is why I'm asking. :oops:)

XD Yup, that was probably me. I was WT'ing off some breeject dream ball staryu last night (I'm trying for a timid-natured one to breed shiny, provided it doesn't sparkle on its own like sandygast did). My character's hair is dyed white, not blonde, though ^_^ What did you end up getting from that trade?

So far I've gotten four 'mons I want to breed shiny ready and waiting. Have some more I want to get ready before I put the magikarp in, though. Staryu is being stubborn... 32 eggs in and I've gotten every nature but timid so far.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
XD Yup, that was probably me. I was WT'ing off some breeject dream ball staryu last night (I'm trying for a timid-natured one to breed shiny, provided it doesn't sparkle on its own like sandygast did). My character's hair is dyed white, not blonde, though ^_^ What did you end up getting from that trade?

So far I've gotten four 'mons I want to breed shiny ready and waiting. Have some more I want to get ready before I put the magikarp in, though. Staryu is being stubborn... 32 eggs in and I've gotten every nature but timid so far.

I believe I got a french Caterpie from you, but my memory's a tad bit fuzzy. Also derp I apparently can't tell white from blonde, my bad. xD

Planning on going Wormhole hunting in a little bit. Maybe I'll get lucky and find another shiny~.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I believe I got a french Caterpie from you, but my memory's a tad bit fuzzy. Also derp I apparently can't tell white from blonde, my bad. xD

Planning on going Wormhole hunting in a little bit. Maybe I'll get lucky and find another shiny~.

^^;; I think at that point I was re-trading whatever I'd been traded if it wasn't something I'd want to breed later or not in an interesting ball.

Was looking at my US dex and noticed that I didn't have barboach or whiscash, so I figured, "hey, why not go over to Y and chain one? Shouldn't take long..."

...Four hours and almost a dozen broken chains later, I finally got the little bugger on a chain of 63 XP

Didn't want to waste the trip over there, though, so I decided to grab some stuff in not-that-hideous-standard ball (fast ball klefki, luxury ball golett, dive ball lunatone, premiere ball solrock, etc) for future breeding. And then decided to chain relicanth. Took me another hour and three broken chains before it shone on a chain of 39. I'd gotten so many dragalge I'd thought it would sparkle before relicanth did.

I was so teed off that I sent everything to Bank and left Y without doing the goldeen and corphish chains I'd wanted to do. Oh well.

Edit: I finished breeding larvesta to get the nature and IVs I want for the eventual shiny and started on dratini. I suppose I was asking for this... Egg #10 hatched very pink. Naughty nature (fitting), Shed Skin, 3IVs, capable of taking hits. I was hoping to get one with an Adamant nature and the ability Marvel Scale before I started looking for a shiny.

Depending how you look at it, this dratini either shone 10 eggs after I started breeding it, or 350 eggs since my last shiny. I've bred 11 other 'mons to get proper breeding material for their shiny forms (trapinch decided to be stubborn and took 95 eggs just by itself XP). There was a chain break in there, though, because I took my ditto with the destiny knot out to breed a female HA larvesta with a male beast ball larvesta.

I'll keep this guy for now, but I'm still going to keep breeding for one that's Adamant and Multiscale for future breeding. Then I may send this guy into Wonder Trade.

Last edited:

TheMaster327

Second shiny turtle after 289 eggs (558 so far for the line)! Again 5IV missing Attack which is the ideal IV spread for special attacker. That's 5 ideal IV spreads in a row.
20180513_194835.jpg

EDIT: Umm... third shiny turtle 34 eggs after the second lol (592 eggs for the line). And this one is the only one of the three with Rain Dish :)
20180513_210405.jpg

Last edited:

c1234

Trainer Since '98
I am currently one Pokemon away from getting the Shiny Charm in Ultra Sun. I just need to evolve my Type: Null!

TheMaster327

First shiny Caterpie shows up after 301 SOS calls :)
20180514_145352.jpg

Hasty nature, 4IV missing Attack and Sp. Def. On to the second!

EDIT: And there's the second after only 33 SOS calls lol. Second one did sync Timid as Sync was actively battling this time, and 4IV missing HP and Attack.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
First shiny Caterpie shows up after 301 SOS calls :)
20180514_145352.jpg

Hasty nature, 4IV missing Attack and Sp. Def. On to the second!

EDIT: And there's the second after only 33 SOS calls lol

I still have a buttload of caterpillars for you... They'll need to be hatched, though XD

Up to 330 magikarp for the first of the critters I'm breeding shiny. Using the HA 'karp and going for the dratini first, since I want a good one to replace the not-good one that randomly hatched on me. Also did some evolving when I had some time to kill after finishing one box of 'karp eggs and didn't have enough time before all my hearts regenned in Shuffle to start another one.