• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I got two shiny goldeen while chain fishing in Y the other day... Had to go to an appointment and I don't do swap breeding hunts while out b/c I hate having to haul around two click counters. First goldeen after 63 casts, second after only 16 casts. Was looking for a corphish after the first one.

Also hatched the shiny 'karp in US today. Male, so it became a shiny magby. He's got a Calm nature and the Flame Body ability. I evolved him quick because I'm not fond of that orangy color.

Started another round of swap for a shiny elekid now.

I will need help evolving them to magmortar and electivire eventually, but first I'm going to get a bunch of trade-evolution 'mons bred, then ask someone to help me do a mass evolution trade rather than doing one or two at a time for the next three months.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
YEAAAAAHHHHHH

After approximately 3170 SR, the second Blacephalon shines :D

lLcwQIG.png
Zbrce9a.png

That means I now have BOTH Blacephalon as shiny :p
Sadly the Sync failed on the second one and it ends up Gentle instead of Timid, but eh, it could have been worse, so I'm okay with Gentle.

tutS4vd.png

After this I'll finish Rainbow Rocket, then decide whether to MM, hunt in wormholes, or start SR-ing Celebi in Crystal VC xD

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
YEAAAAAHHHHHH

After approximately 3170 SR, the second Blacephalon shines :D

After this I'll finish Rainbow Rocket, then decide whether to MM, hunt in wormholes, or start SR-ing Celebi in Crystal VC xD
Very impressive. What do you have to do to hunt the Blacephalon later? just run from them until you can move on?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Very impressive. What do you have to do to hunt the Blacephalon later? just run from them until you can move on?

I don't know for sure, since I don't hunt them "later". I hunt them right when I was given the mission, hence why I also said on the bottom of my post that I now can focus on Rainbow Rocket stuff.

But I do heard you can just KO or run away to hunt them later on. I didn't try to do it, though.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Couple new shinies to report.

Today was several kinds of crazy, so I was back doing stuff in Y instead of Ultra Sun. Got a third shiny goldeen after IDK how many casts... I forgot my click counter wqhen I ran out the door. Then got my shiny corphish three casts (and two broken chains) later.

After getting corphish I moved to the river outside the ice cave and started looking for poliwag. First one shone at 43 casts, second one at 57 casts. One will be a poliwrath and the other a politoad once I get them transferred forward. All the spare goldeen will be traded off.

Now back to hatching eggs.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
After 3+ years of on and off soft resetting, it finally happened!
FETDvjCm.jpg

I was soft resetting with my Gameboy Micro while walking my dog this morning and a shiny Charmander finally appeared! I made a rule for myself that if I wasn't paying attention to my button mashing and ended up at the nickname screen, I had to nickname it. This happened to be one of those random times! He's named Noir, French for black, because he will eventually be a Charizard (the French word for colors is going to be my naming theme for all the shinies I find in this game). And he ended up Timid! I still can't believe it! My eyes watered a little when I saw his lighter coloring and the shiny star. I'm going to be in such a good mood all day!

Good luck with your hunts!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Lucky me. I was using Chansey SOS for an easy level grinding experience. I ended up finding a shiny Chansey. And no, I haven't gotten the Shiny Charm yet.

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats on all of the new shinies since my last post! I haven't obtained any new shinies recently, sadly all of my games are being stubborn. I did however obtain a copy of Black and Black 2 versions (I blame Chuggaconroy's recent BW let's play) and was thinking of doing another Badge Quest in Black version.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny elekid after 1,498 eggs. This one decided to be stubborn. Male, adamant nature, mischievous, with Static.

Was going to do gastly next, but I think I'll go back into the wormholes. Looking for the other two birds in the legendary reds, mewtwo or xerneas in the green, or groudon in the yellow. Might still go back to gastly depending on how frustrated I get.

Edit: Crashed into a yellow wormhole after blowing a curve and found a shiny female hippowdon. Naughty nature, likes to thrash about, with Sand Stream. Into the PC she goes...

Edit #2: Blundered into another yellow hole less than 1,000 lightyears out. Randomly found heatran inside. I have the right sync for it, so I'm gonna SR it. I like heatran's shiny.

Last edited:

Echo Nacyl

As I was gone for the weekend, I worked on my casual Unown hunt in transit. Added shiny O and G to my set, which is now comprised of G, K(x2), M, N, O, T, W, and X(x2).
EDIT: Also got U this morning.

Spent any downtime I had over the weekend hunting for the Kabuto/Omanyte/Aerodactyl/Ho-oh in PokeGo, but no luck at all, and home doesn't have nearly as many PokeStops/Spawns to work with...but I'll keep trying.

Celebi is at 4266 and will be resumed tomorrow. It was on hold for my trip because I didn't want to pack the clicker.

Last edited:

Raicario

Pokemon hybrid
Decided to just forego Cresselia in favor of restarting my game (While saving all Shinies I either caught or hatched myself), so I'm currently SR'ing for a Shiny Rowlet. I'm at 85 SR's so far... Let's hope I get this one in under 100, eh?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I have been trying to look to the Ultra Ruins. I managed to get a shiny Barbaracle and Nuzleaf before finding the white flower hole. Now I just have to keep SRing until an albino Guzzlord appears. At least 13 Roto Catches, going to make getting these Ultra Beasts a piece of cake when it comes to actual capture

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Congrats to everyone who's gotten Shinies since my last post! Which was in...January.

I don't remember the exact order I obtained these, but since I last posted I've gotten:

Lugia-981 Soft Resets in Ultra Moon
Nuzleaf-Ultra Wormhole (Completes Green)
Sigilyph-Ultra Wormhole (Completes Red)
Riolu-18 SOS encounters (Female too!)
Cubone-1867 SOS encounters (Arguably one of the most ridiculous hunts I've done in quite a while. It was all one battle.)
Magby-Odd egg
Igglybuff-Odd egg
Cleffa-Odd egg
Cyndaquil-8 eggs using Shiny Ditto (Which was obtained through the Gen 1 exploit, so I don't really count it) in Crystal

I'm probably going to focus on breeding in Gen 2 because Shiny breeding can be super easy in the right, and easily fulfilled if you can trade, circumstances.

Raicario

Pokemon hybrid
No luck on the Rowlet front, but I did manage a full odds Shiny Totodile in SoulSilver after 255 SR's yesterday! He's in my Ultra Sun game now, Nicknamed Feralgator, and fully evolved! Just a buttload to go before I have a Shiny LivingDex!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I'm still working on catching that elusive shiny female yanmega, but I accomplished finishing the Alolan dex in UltraSun this week, and got a first for myself: back to back shinies. I got a shiny audino on one trip through the wormhole, then on the very next trip I got a shiny sigilyph. That was intense. ^_^

MegaTravis

Pokemon Trainer
A couple hours ago I got a Shiny Mimikyu! I got it in two eggs! It's my luckiest shiny yet and will be my partner on my new adventure. It is named Jolt because it will know a couple of electric moves.
Congrats to everyone on their shinies!
555.png

Cyberra

pain in the ***
2,950 SRs and counting for heatran in the ultra wormholes. Still waiting to see those purple eyes. And then it'll be back to hatching eggs.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Didn't bother to upload the pics since it's wormhole shinies, but yesterday I got Shiny Medicham and Shiny Audino from wormhole :D

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The harder part of shiny hunting Guzzlord was finding its home in the first place. It didn't take long to get me my own albino black hole.

Now I'm trying to get an albino Xerneas. Afterwards I'm not sure which legendary I will go after. Maybe Groudon. I doubt I'll go after Regice since it has the worst shiny in the game