• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

TheMaster327

So late last night, I got my first Nidoran after 780 eggs! Puts me at one male to no females. Hoping for a female next to keep it equal and minimise the risk of getting an extra one I don't need.
20180625_225713.jpg

EDIT: OK, that's Males 2-0 Females. Starting to feel there might be some extra males that I won't be needing in the future... but this one came after 118 eggs :)
20180626_170517.jpg

Last edited:

Hokker

Heatran is still being a jerk. 6,780 and still counting.

Did have some luck today, though. I was running around in Pokemon Y in the friend safari and got my second shiny snorunt. This one was female and will be a froslass for my US dex. After getting her I went to the ice cave to horde hunt and found a shiny venillite fairly quickly. Next it was off to Route 15 and found myself a pink murkrow. Then I went back to the friend safari and went into a dark safari with sneasel, pawniard, and inkay, and got a shiny sneasel within only a few REs.

Would it be possible for anyone to grab me a spare code for the shiny zygarde event? I don't live anywhere near an EB Games; the closest one I know of is over 400km away, at least a 5-hour drive, and with the current price of gas there is zero chance I'll ever manage to get there. I made a post asking for help getting one in a Pokemon group I'm part of on Facebook but have gotten no responses , and I am desperate to not miss out on this event

Do you still need a code? I can get one after I vote this morning.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Do you still need a code? I can get one after I vote this morning.

I got one :D I now have a shiny zygarde with Power Construct... Shiny zygarde complete looks badass.

480 eggs for shiny shelmet and counting. I'm doing REs in the friend safari for pawniard, too, while playing Monster Hunter on my xbox in the evenings (long load screens and between swipes at the monsters) but knowing my luck I'm going to get multiple cacturne and absol before I get pawniard.

PsychoKing47

It seems that 109 is my lucky number now, as on Y I've found another Shiny in that many encounters: this time, a 5% Shiny Electrike in a Horde while hunting for Shiny Yanma. Has a Timid nature, Lightning Rod ability and is called Zapdoge, and I'll be checking its IVs when I move it forwards to Sun. I'll likely evolve it either way, but it would be nice if it was a competitive Shiny to boot.

UkH9hZF.jpg

wJQ8GXj.jpg

wmmiw8y.jpg

So that's now three consecutive shinies in 109 encounters, so I'll have to be hunting Koffing soon. But first, I'll have to be moving onto Phase 2 for that Yanma, while also continuing on Crystal. Got in 800 REs on Route 29 so far, so I'm pretty happy with my progress on all fronts today.

EDIT: Got 900 more REs done in Crystal with no shiny, but I've done more Horde hunting in Y and, 60 Hordes later, Phase 2 of the Yanma hunt has yielded a Shiny Nosepass. She's a Level 10 female called Moai, has the Quirky nature and has the Magnet Pull ability. Nothing to write home about, but another nice shiny even if not the intended target.

toArQQq.jpg

JuV1xb7.jpg

qs7hydo.jpg

Hopefully Yanma doesn't continue to be stubborn, and shines soon.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny shelmet after 630 eggs. Female, timid nature, mischievous, with Shell Armor. She's 5IVs missing Spd, which I am disappointed about, but meh.

Now I have the pair. I'll look into finding someone to help me with a mass trade evolution session later, once I finish breeding stuff. And get the necessary evolution items.

Right now, though, I'm going back into the wormholes. Targets are moltres/zapdos or groudon.

Edit: WHAT THE BLEEP SHINY MOLTRES AFTER ONLY 40 SRS?!

O.O

Holy crap.

It took me almost an hour to find a legendary red hole... I found a yellow one but it had registeel in it, and a blue one with one of the lake trio, mesprit probably, in it, and then I found a legendary red with moltres inside. Settled in for the hunt...

...and only 40 SRs later I look down and PINK FIREBIRD.

Stubborn firebird. It broke out of my only moon ball and 15 heal balls before one finally worked.

Moltres is timid nature (sync worked), alert to sounds, and has Pressure. It's 3IV, xx/xx/31/xx/31/31. Not happy about the low SpATK stat, but that's why we have bottle caps.

Back to hatching eggs, I guess. Target this time is gastly.

Edit #2: Shiny gastly after 184 eggs. Male, everstoned timid, mischievous, xx/31/31/31/31/31, with Levitate and in a moon ball. I'm quite pleased. Though I do admit I do not like how Gens 6/7 dulled the blue gas cloud around it. It hardly looks blue at all now.

Phantump next, then abra.

Edit again: Just got two shinies from wonder trade while trading off breejects. Managed to run into AuSLove.TV and got a shiny celebi. Bold nature, Natural Cure, lvl 100, from Johto, holding Leftovers. And it's EV trained, with six max IVs. However, considering what I know of AuSLove.TV, this is a clonegenhack. There is no way this thing is legit. I will be keeping it for the novelty of having a pink celebi, though I will be getting my own legit one once I get off my keister and get properly into Crystal.

#2 is a shiny floatzel, apparently a wormhole shiny someone didn't want. I don't mind keeping that.

Last edited:

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats on all of the new shinies! All of my targets are being stubborn and the only shinies I've recently obtained were in Pokemon Go (Mareep x2, Bulbasaur, Aron, etc. Don't have time to post pictures of POGO shinies right now) and this
YGutBYq.png

in Pokemon Quest (mobile. Haven't found any on the Switch version yet.)
EDIT: Finally got one on the Switch version of Pokemon Quest
MTNXmiO_d.jpg

As for my current targets, I'm at 880 SRs for Oshawott in Black and ~2720 SRs for Totodile in VC Crystal.

Last edited:

Zero1999

Well, it's quite a while since I posted again, but anyways, I remember that almost a year-ago I think,I said I would try to get a Shiny Onix in the Sevault Canyon, like 1 or 2 days ago, I gave up and went into Victory Road, hoping that at least, Onix would be the one sparkling, and it happened just a few moments ago ;).

It's female, Lv 43 and Naive natured, honestly i'm happy finally getting Shiny Onix, its no longer in hold.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Caught a shiny pawniard in the friend safari. Am rather astonished I didn't get a single cacturne or absol in the process. Pawniard is female, lonely nature, with her HA, Pressure. I've already moved her up to US and got her evolved.

Moved over to another dark safari with vullaby, sneasel, and absol. Found an absol already but I accidentally ran from it. Whoops...

Let's see how many sneasel I get before getting vullaby or another absol.

590 eggs hatched for phantump.

Acerola

::A Smitten Kitten With One Mitten::
I'm going to try getting all the Tapus once I complete my dex :)
Also a shiny Mimikyu for sure!~

Silent_Jay

First time posting in this thread even though I now have about 7 boxes of shiny Pokemon, so I'll just stick to the latest...

I've been working on a BR living'dex as an ongoing project so have been SoS chaining ALOT of Chansey lately. So far I've caught 3 shiny Chansey and a shiny Blissey. Also one of my recent breeding projects was Farfetch'd. Managed to get a shiny Farfetch'd with it's HA, an Adamant nature and in a Dream Ball with almost perfect IV's within 60 hatches.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I'm going to try getting all the Tapus once I complete my dex :)
Also a shiny Mimikyu for sure!~
I hope you don't mean shiny Tapu. They are shiny locked in the games and only Tapu Koko has been released in shiny form through events.

Acerola

::A Smitten Kitten With One Mitten::
I hope you don't mean shiny Tapu. They are shiny locked in the games and only Tapu Koko has been released in shiny form through events.
Seriously?! D:
That sucks...I really wanted them too :c
Thank you for letting me know!

TheMaster327

So that's the third male Nidoran after 565 eggs. Now it gets tricky because 2 females still to get and the risk of duplicate males comes into play...
20180703_194247.jpg

Cyberra

pain in the ***
So that's the third male Nidoran after 565 eggs. Now it gets tricky because 2 females still to get and the risk of duplicate males comes into play...
20180703_194247.jpg

It's possible to reject the shiny egg and pass the shiny value onto the next one. I've done it deliberately when I want a HA shiny and the gold 'karp hatches without its HA, and that's how I got my shiny female salandit: I rejected the first shiny egg to try the females that hatched after it. Dunno if you'd want to do that, though.

I'm currently at 943 eggs for phantump. Stubborn thing this time.

Its been a while since I posted here. Since last time I started more soft resetting for shiny legends in Ultra Sun and ended up with Shiny Virizion, Shiny Raikou and Shiny Groudon. Also caught a shiny Swanna and shiny Lombre when going through ultra wormholes looking for legendary locations.

Currently I'm SR'ing for a shiny Registeel, which is the last one of the original Regi trio I don't have shiny yet so it'll be nice to have a complete set.

Congrats to everyone who got their shinies and good luck to anyone hunting for more.

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
Haven't been planning to get shinies recently as I've been focusing on defeating Battle Tree supers... But I had a dream of hatching another shiny Rowlet.. with HA? The blue little bird just jumped outta the broken egg and as it flew closer, it looked me happily into the eyes with its cute ones and then landed on my arms. What a tease! D:

I'd say grats to everyone for their shinies but it just sounds like "yeah, everyone's showing off their shinies and I know it... but I barely even looked who got what" type of congrats honestly. Grats TheMaster for your fancy Nidoran and PsychoKing for multiple fancies recently.

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats on all of the new shinies! everyone is getting lucky on their core games while I'm only currently lucky in Pokemon Quest.

Speaking of PQ, I obtained more shinies in that game. First, a bubblegum blue Psyduck.
c0DZtCbr.jpg

And somethingthat will most likely NEVER ever happen in any other game...
x6FOPJSr.jpg

TWO shinies at once. Oddish and Ryhorn. Finally I literally just got this Spearow a moment ago.
MAuW6OP.jpg

As for my current targets, I'm currently at 1249SRs for Oshawott in Black and 3040SRs for Totodile in VC Crystal.

TheMaster327

It's possible to reject the shiny egg and pass the shiny value onto the next one. I've done it deliberately when I want a HA shiny and the gold 'karp hatches without its HA, and that's how I got my shiny female salandit: I rejected the first shiny egg to try the females that hatched after it. Dunno if you'd want to do that, though.

I'm currently at 943 eggs for phantump. Stubborn thing this time.

It's OK, I can always WT the duplicates. 190 currently for the fifth Nidoran.