• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny phantump after 1,223 eggs. Stubborn little tree ghost...

Phantump is female, adamant nature, likes to thrash about, with Frisk. I hatched her in a timer ball because the white, red, and black matches shiny trevenant's colors.

Next up is abra. Also going to work on getting proper breeding material for gorebyss and huntail.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Caught another shiny absol in Y's friend safari between tries at hunting a tempered deviljho in Monster Hunter: World. Didn't have much time to look at it, but it is male. I named it Demon.

After about 2 weeks of soft resetting Registeel finally shone in US. I was really worried it'd run out of PP since I forgot to bring my Breloom that knows Spore, but I managed to catch it while it still had 6PP left.

Now I've got the entire trio shiny so I'm pretty happy with that.

I stumbled upon Mesprit's location just after that so now I'm trying SR'ing for that one.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Got another three shinies from the friend safari. There was my second absol, female, docile, Super Luck. She'll be going into wonder trade. After that I finally got the vullaby I was looking for (which was a nice bit of luck since I'd just gotten murdered by a tempered deviljho in MH World. Vullaby is careful nature, with Overcoat. Then I moved over to a flying safari and got a shiny hawlucha... Jolly nature, with Mold Breaker.

967 eggs hatched for abra and counting.

Edit: Shiny abra after 1,072 eggs. Male, everstoned timid, capable of taking hits, 5IV perfect, and has his HA, Magic Guard. I am very pleased :D

Need two shiny 'karps now for gorebyss and huntail.

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Been almost two months since my last shiny! Celebi is being super stubborn, and FireRed is refusing to give me a second shiny for my badge quest. Had to take a break from the full odds hunts for my sanity, so I started SOS calls on Route 1 in Ultra Sun and Route 3 in Sun. Got a shiny Cutiefly this morning. I named him Tael after the fairy in Majora's Mask. He unfortunately got Honey Gather, but got a Modest nature! I caught him in a Love Ball. He will likely stay a Cutiefly and I will try again for a female, hopefully with Shield Dust, and name her Tatl.

dBJU1bOm.jpg

wJyOhywm.jpg

jJOnyyAm.jpg

Good luck on your hunts!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Its been a while since I posted here. Since last time I started more soft resetting for shiny legends in Ultra Sun and ended up with Shiny Virizion, Shiny Raikou and Shiny Groudon. Also caught a shiny Swanna and shiny Lombre when going through ultra wormholes looking for legendary locations.

Currently I'm SR'ing for a shiny Registeel, which is the last one of the original Regi trio I don't have shiny yet so it'll be nice to have a complete set.

Congrats to everyone who got their shinies and good luck to anyone hunting for more.
How are you able to figure out the difference between the two Regice...besides sparkles, of course

How are you able to figure out the difference between the two Regice...besides sparkles, of course
I got my shiny Regice back in AlphaSapphire, but shiny Regice is a darker shade of blue. If you soft reset and saw hundreds of even thousands of Regice pass by you notice it when one's different. But yeah it's one of those really subtle ones unlike Regirock and Registeel.

TheMaster327

4th male dupe Nidoran after 318 eggs. There is a number of dupes I have in mind before thinking of getting it a different way, but not at that number yet.

EDIT: Guys, it happened. Third female after 260 eggs!!! 4,623 hatched in total for that family! Glad it's done though!
20180714_233153.jpg

Last edited:

DreInTheSky

My first post in here :)
Lately I've been quite lucky although, weirdly enough, shiny hunting in hordes doesn't seem to work anymore...
Anyway, in Pokemo Y I got a shiny Shelgon few days ago, while the day before yesterday I caught a shiny Kirlia while I was looking for shiny Floette (which arrived yesterday instead); in Pokemon OR I got shiny Reshiram around ten days ago and shiny Virizion last week. The main pain was shiny Shuppet, I think I got him after 200~ horde enconters!
Currently I'm softresetting Entei in OR and trying to catch a shiny Yanma in Y.

Aaand Mesprit shone. The first lake trio one that I got shiny. I'm probably going to try for the other 2 at some later point (I once tried SR'ing for a shiny Azelf in Diamond but that didn't work out well).

Taking a break from SR'ing for shiny legends and started MM'ing for a shiny female Nidoran since I still want the final kanto evolutions shiny and Nidoqueen is one of those I don't have shiny yet. I'm saving after every batch of 5 hatched in case it's male since I already have a shiny Nidoking so if one's male I can reset till before I get the egg and replace my daycare pokemon with something else like a Tyrogue.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Got my 2nd shiny Larvitar and it's now a nice purple Pupitar.

Nicknamed him Amethyst.

Now going for my 3rd Larvitar to complete the line. Hopefully this one shines faster than the last one.

Echo Nacyl

Nothing new for me lately outside of Go (2 Plusle, 2 Minun, 3 Roselia including a perfect, and an Aerodactyl).
This is largely because I had to restart my Red save file. Somehow--I haven't any idea how--my game got saved after an Articuno capture. I'm now back at it and up to 1445 SRs so far, but it did create a few days gap.

DreInTheSky

Today I was hunting Yanma but then it started raining, so bye sweet scent. So I went to Route 20 and started looking for a shiny Trevenant. I got my second shiny Foongus but few hordes after I finally got the Trevenant!
Later I switched to Moon, to try to SOS chain shiny Mimikyu... This is like the 5th time that I try but eentually something goes wrong and the chain breaks (not even the Shiny Charm is helping!). I hate this method. I think that, together with the Masuda, is the only one that never got me a shiny.

TheMaster327

Shiny Cleffa shows up for Clefairy after 288 long and tedious SOS calls! Ended up Careful despite the Calm Sync lol.
20180716_231832.jpg

EDIT: Well, that took no time at all! 38 eggs, and this boy popped out! It got Drought and it's 6IV too! This one will likely become the Ninetales. One left to get!
20180717_174301.jpg

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I've managed to SR me a shiny Tornauds. This was pretty easy this time around. Going to go after Latios next

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I've been doing more hunting in Y the last few days just because things have been so crazy (sister came here for her vacation and decided to overhaul the kitchen. again.). Caught a shiny clefairy in the friend safari. I have one in US already, that I got from WT, but it'll be nice to have one with my name as the OT.

Edit: Just caught a shiny snubbull. It's Adamant nature, which isn't too bad for granbull, likes to thrash about (max ATK?), with Intimidate.

Back to hunting in US tomorrow. After a week of running around gutting a kitchen and repainting a bathroom "because the color doesn't match the theme", then driving my sister to the airport for a 6am flight, some mindless friend safari hunting in Y is about all I'm capable of right now.

Last edited: