• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Got my third Shiny Larvitar to finish off that evolution line! Nicknamed him Caldera and he's now an awesome Shiny Tyranitar.

Decided to Soft Reset again and this time I'm going for Palkia. If I get a quick shine I'll probably go for another Soft Reset target, if not, I'll likely move onto SOS again.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Congrats on the recent shiny hunts!

Totodile finally shown in Gold version last night!

Gco19GA.jpg

Zero1999

Just got a Shiny Dratini in the Kanto GC a few moments ago, he's Gente nature and male, I was just resetting for the lulz and had no idea something would shone fast

His IV are:
HP:20
Attack:24
Defense:18
Sp.Attack:14
Sp.Def:2
Speed:6

Have no idea how I want to train it but i'll see later.

DreInTheSky

I've been shiny hunting for a Yanma for almost one week - just managed to get a shiny Nosepass. What annoys me most is that, ever now and then, it starts raining and I have to go to the FC trying to get something else, like Quilladin or Swadloon. I also tried with Carbink, but I didn't get a single horde in one hour...
Meanwhile, I've recently got UM and, since I'm a masochist, I've been softresetting for a shiny Rowlett. I didn't count the resets but it's getting more and more frustrating everyday, especially wwith the bloody cutscene! I don't wanna stop because I've been resetting since Thuesday but at the same time I can't wait to play...

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Just found a shiny Hawlucha while exploring a new Friend Safari trying to find all 3 of their pokemon. Unfortunately he's my second shiny Hawlucha lol.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny clamperl #1 after 727 eggs. Got it last night but a thunderstorm rolled in and a power flicker shut down my computer. She's everstoned modest nature, with Shell armor, likes to thrash about, and is 5IVs missing HP. She'll be a gorebyss.

Taking a break from MMing and went back into the wormholes. I was looking for zapdos or groudon... After running into tornadus, regirock, and cresselia I managed to end up in front of regice. Since I have the right sync for it, I'm SRing it. Already 210 resets into the hunt. Going to have to look carefully because regice's color change can be very, very hard to spot.

TheMaster327

So last night, I went SOSing for an Igglybuff (for Wigglytuff) as I already have the Jigglypuff from the STQ. After 56 calls, it arrived, despite me missing the sparkles lol
20180721_192402.jpg
20180721_192622.jpg

Have since evolved and here's a pic of both of them...
20180721_224547.jpg

Currently SOSing for a couple of bats. At 175 and counting for the first one.

EDIT: So today was a productive day :) First bat showed up after 363 calls, where the second only took 136! First has an Adamant nature, where the second has a Jolly nature. On to Oddish x3!
20180722_170428.jpg
20180722_191322.jpg

Last edited:

Echo Nacyl

Been out of the house all weekend and without my clicker, so I resumed my US Ho-oh hunt and today it shone. Quiet natured but I never checked its stats. Working on Kartana now, until I resume Articuno.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
So last night, I went SOSing for an Igglybuff (for Wigglytuff) as I already have the Jigglypuff from the STQ. After 56 calls, it arrived, despite me missing the sparkles lol
20180721_192402.jpg
20180721_192622.jpg

Have since evolved and here's a pic of both of them...
20180721_224547.jpg

Currently SOSing for a couple of bats. At 175 and counting for the first one.

EDIT: So today was a productive day :) First bat showed up after 363 calls, where the second only took 136! First has an Adamant nature, where the second has a Jolly nature. On to Oddish x3!
20180722_170428.jpg
20180722_191322.jpg

Uhm... Won't you need three zubat, if you're eventually going to get crobat, too? Or are you going to wait to hunt another one until you get that far along in the dex?

I'm at 1,035 SRs for regice and counting. Hunting with the sound on and one earbud in so I can hear if it sparkles

After getting bored of MM'ing for a shiny Nidoran I went back to the Ultra Wormhole trying for a flying area with legends to try for one of the legendary birds or Ho-oh.

I accidentally got into another wormhole and stumbled upon Xerneas several days ago and decided to go for that one. Just caught a shiny Xerneas a minute ago. Still gonna try for those birds now but if I stumble upon something interesting I might get sidetracked.

TheMaster327

Uhm... Won't you need three zubat, if you're eventually going to get crobat, too? Or are you going to wait to hunt another one until you get that far along in the dex?

I'm at 1,035 SRs for regice and counting. Hunting with the sound on and one earbud in so I can hear if it sparkles

Yep, gonna be returning for Crobat when I reach it in the Johto dex. I believe it's possible to have a Golbat call in a Crobat somewhere...

At 370 Oddish eggs and counting for the first one. (Another of which I'll return to for Bellossom at a later date)

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Yep, gonna be returning for Crobat when I reach it in the Johto dex. I believe it's possible to have a Golbat call in a Crobat somewhere...

At 370 Oddish eggs and counting for the first one. (Another of which I'll return to for Bellossom at a later date)

Just wondering ^_^

Shiny regice after 2,385 SRs. Sync worked and this blue beauty is timid nature and mischievous, with Clear Body. I can bottle cap the "pretty good" speed stat later. He was a stubborn critter, though... Broke out of almost a dozen dive balls and another 9 heal balls before I got him in a luxury ball.

After looking at 2,300 regice, the blue of the shiny stands out more than people who haven't hunted it think.

Back to hatching now, for the second clamperl and after that for an Alolan geodude with its HA and dream ball HA feebas. After I get them and do a bit of level-up evolving then I'll be ready for a mass trade evolution session.

Last edited:
Caught a shiny Zapdos this morning (it only took 2 days of SR'ing so I got pretty lucky). Decided not to get sidetracked and try to find the rest of the birds or Ho-oh. Caught 2 shiny Altaria in the process (while already having one) and a shiny Grumpig from getting in a wrongly colored wormhole.

I found Ho-oh now and am now trying to SR for a shiny one. It was on my list of shinies I really wanted (since it's pretty and I already have a shiny Lugia from AlphaSapphire), it was one of the main reasons (together with Groudon) that I started Ultra Sun as my main game.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Birthday shiny! Cyndaquil shiny in HeartGold! and it's female! She's Calm and quick tempered. It wasn't the Totodile I was hoping for to complete the trio (already have 1 Cyndaquil and 3 Chikorita), but I am more than ready to finally get a badge quest going in HG and I still have SS to soft reset in when I feel like trying again. Had a hard time deciding between Cynder and Cinnamon for a nickname, but chose Cynder in the end because I love the book, Cinder.

jzp2Awxm.png

cgWB5azm.png

FVPASKFm.png

Good luck on your hunts!

TheMaster327

So I got my first Oddish FINALLY after 1,255 eggs! Still got a couple to get before I proceed, so hoping I get those quickly! These Oddish are hatching Timid with egg moves Ingrain and Strength Sap.
20180728_212102.jpg

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Been awhile so quick update I got two shinies in Pokémon go and one was minun and the other was a full odds swablu. On the other hand my main game luck hasn’t been very good

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny clamperl #2 after 543 eggs. It's female again, naughty nature, takes plenty of siestas, and has Shell Armor. 4IVs missing DEF and SpDEF. She'll be a huntail.

Feebas next.

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Well I have two new shinies in UM. The first one was a Bonsly in 176 sos calls. Then like three minutes later a shiny Magcargo. Both are brand new shinies