• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Raicario

Pokemon hybrid
Full odds for Gen VII is 1/4,096. I'm already over triple odds for this psycho-cat.

Whoops... Note to self: Don't post when half-asleep!

Ketaru

After becoming unemployed because of a very bad, very not-nice, very not-professional former employer, I have been passing the time breeding for a shiny Porygon in-between not hearing back from companies. All well. Take your little victories where you can. Took about 850 eggs.

IMG_3644.jpg

Silent_Jay

Whilst hatching a few boxes of forgotten unhatched eggs I came across not one but TWO shiny Sandshrew! Best thing is these Sandrew were the last I needed to complete Box 1-30 of my Shiny Livingdex (my first fully complete box out of about 9 overall)!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I had some shiny luck this week. While doing my horde spams in AlphaSapphire, I got a shiny spoink for the first time. I love the pink pig/grey pearl combo! ^_^ I then switched from Fallarbor to the route heading up to Fortree to start a horde hunt for kecleon, and after two hordes I got my umpteenth shiny wingull. But hey, it was two shinies in three hordes, so not bad.

And in the best news this week, I added another pokemon to my roster of Team Rocket shiny pokemon. I tried SOS hunting for a shiny lickitung in UltraSun, but I got frustrated when help was reaaaallllly slow in coming, so I decided to switch to SOS chaining mareanie again. Shockingly, I found a shiny mareanie pretty quickly, in probably 15 or less calls. So yay, I've added another shiny Team Rocket pokemon to my roster. Pretty soon I'm going to have to devote a whole box to them so I can make sure which ones I still have to get (Arbok, Lickitung, male Wobbuffet, male Woobat, Carnivine, etc.).

TheMaster327

So I got my first Tentacool after only 59 eggs yesterday. These are hatching Bold, with egg moves Acupressure, Aqua Ring and Muddy Water.
20180906_174622.jpg

Currently at 290 eggs for the second one.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny bleeping mewtwo after a total of 17,227 SRs!

*falls over*

This bugger just became my longest Gen VII hunt to date. More than four times over Gen 7 odds. Oi...

Sync worked... He's timid, alert to sounds, and has Pressure. Max IVs in ATK, SpDEF, and Speed but everything else is only "decent". He used Recover three times but thankfully I was able to whittle him back down and got him in my fourth dusk ball.

Back to eggs for a while. Next target is scyther.

Edit: ...Shiny scyther after only 103 eggs. That was quick...

Male, adamant nature, 5IVs missing Spd, takes plenty of siestas, with Technician, and in a sport ball.

Will start hatching for roggenrola now.

Last edited:

Raicario

Pokemon hybrid
Shiny bleeping mewtwo after a total of 17,227 SRs!

*falls over*

This bugger just became my longest Gen VII hunt to date. More than four times over Gen 7 odds. Oi...

Sync worked... He's timid, alert to sounds, and has Pressure. Max IVs in ATK, SpDEF, and Speed but everything else is only "decent". He used Recover three times but thankfully I was able to whittle him back down and got him in my fourth dusk ball.

Back to eggs for a while. Next target is scyther.

Wow............................... I hope you have better luck with the egg hunt. I'm genuinely surprised that you went THAT far over odds! My own Shiny hunts are taking a while, but I would NEVER wish a hunt THAT long on anyone! Still, congrats on Shiny Mewtwo! I've been after one of those since HGSS! Still haven't gotten up the nerve to hunt for it!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Wow............................... I hope you have better luck with the egg hunt. I'm genuinely surprised that you went THAT far over odds! My own Shiny hunts are taking a while, but I would NEVER wish a hunt THAT long on anyone! Still, congrats on Shiny Mewtwo! I've been after one of those since HGSS! Still haven't gotten up the nerve to hunt for it!

XD You replied to my post just before I edited it... Check again

I've had worse hunts than this mewtwo. That Damn Ledyba in Y (SR at the berry fields, route 7) took me damn near 28,000 resets. And dialga in AS was only just slightly less bad

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Shiny Cresselia in under 50 SRs this morning!

fMN0J9T.jpg

tTP01bS.jpg

ZSGNSCi.jpg

Found Registeel next, so currently SRing for that.

Edit: not even 20 SR’s!

xd2Y0Pz.jpg

UAxhsOu.jpg

Last edited:

Raicario

Pokemon hybrid
Shiny Cresselia in under 50 SRs this morning!

fMN0J9T.jpg

tTP01bS.jpg

ZSGNSCi.jpg

Found Registeel next, so currently SRing for that.

Edit: not even 20 SR’s!

xd2Y0Pz.jpg

UAxhsOu.jpg
You lucky sonova... I'm still MM'ing for Phione and also started up an MM for a Shiny Rockruff for my LivingDex, with no luck thus far! Why does my luck seem to come and go?!

Echo Nacyl

No news in anything but Go...
Well Moltres Day was interesting. On my last "easy" (a.k.a. not having to drive somewhere else) raid, I finally got a shiny Moltres. That was 11 or 12 raids then, I forget. Then, that same day, I got a shiny Bulbasaur and Murkrow as well. That boggled me quite a bit. Still hunting like crazy for Growlithe and Houndour tho. Both are very common locally, but no luck.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny roggenrola after 288 eggs. Not bad...

The purple pebble hatched out Careful nature, takes plenty of siestas, 31/31/31/xx/xx/31, and has Weak Armor. Should become Sand Stream once it evolves to gigalith. He also hatched in a beast ball, which is a bit of a miracle... I had to go catch a roggenrola to start breeding, and I got it in the beast ball on the very first toss. That right there is the miracle considering the catch rates those balls have for 'mons that aren't UBs.

That's all the trade evo 'mons I have for the moment (I think...). Now I need to find a trading partner. And make a trip to the battle tree to grab a few more evo items... And evolve geodude and roggenrola to graveler and boldore.

Going to hatch for beldum next.

Anyone on my friend list willing to help me with some trade evolutions? Please?

Last edited:

TheMaster327

First golden nugget showed up just before work today after 378 eggs. Hatching these Jolly with Autotomise. Yes, speedy Golem lol.
20180910_123932.jpg

Edit: Second one after 426 eggs. This one got Sturdy :)
20180911_194342.jpg

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
350 eggs and counting for beldum. Looks like things are getting back to normal in terms of hunt length.

Still looking for someone to help me with the trade evolving.

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats on all recent shinies! Keep hunting

My most recent shinies include:

- Buzzwole (Nicknamed El Grapadura)
- Nidoran female (Nicknamed Cleopatra) Masuda Method
- Groudon (Nicknamed Atlas)
- Chansey x 3 while training my other shiny Pokémon
- Guzzlord (Nicknamed Albi)
- Mime Jr. (Nicknamed Harley) 60 SOS calls
- Xerneas (Nicknamed Megaloceros) Under 400 - 500 Soft Resets

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny beldum after 567 eggs. Jolly nature, somewhat vain, with Clear Body. Not the happiest about its IVs... 31/31/31/xx/31/xx, but that's what bottle caps are for. Hatched in a beast ball.

Mienfoo next.

Edit: With the help of Artnerd, all my trade evos are done :D

Edit #2: Shiny mienfoo after 64 eggs. That was quick...

Male, jolly nature, somewhat vain, and he got his HA, Reckless. Almost perfect IVs, but got a "very good" DEF stat. It's still pretty high, though.

Going to hatch some fossil 'mons next. Up first is cranidos, then archen.

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
FINALLY! After God knows how many months spent in the swampy area of Y, between horde hunting ekans and RE'ing carnivine, and months after I got ekans, I finally got my shiny carnivine! And it was male, like I was hoping for, since James's carnivine sounded male even though its gender was never 100% confirmed. At least now I've knocked another pokemon off my Team Rocket shinydex list. Now I'm going to put AlphaSapphire to rest for a while and horde hunt on Victory Road on X and Y at the same time so I can hunt for lickitung, and I'll keep a basculin with soak in the front in case of a shiny geodude in a horde (I've found success with making geodude a water type with soak to lower its vulnerability to magnitude).