• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Just a thought: the chance of encountering two shiny Spinda in a row with an identical Spinda pattern is only twice as unlikely as encountering two regular Spinda in a row with an identical Spinda pattern

TheMaster327

Surprised I never posted here, but got the last Geodude after 441 eggs back on Thursday. At 180 eggs currently for the first Ponyta.
20180913_230354.jpg

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny cranidos after 757 eggs. Male, jolly nature, 5IVs missing ATK, somewhat vain, and has Mold Breaker. The ATK stat is still "pretty good", though. Meh...

Archen next. After that I'm just going to shove shieldon in without caring what nature, ability, or IVs it gets... In my personal opinion bastiodon is hideous so I never intend to do anything with it

Edit: Was messing around in the friend safari in Y for a bit earlier today. Hoping to find a swirlix. Instead I got two clefairy. Both males, one is lonely, one is naughty, and both have Cute Charm. Both will be wonder traded upon transfer to Ultra Sun.

Edit #2: Shiny archen after 195 eggs. The crazy luck returns...

Male again, jolly nature, likes to thrash about, Defeatist. It's 5IVs but the IV it's missing is Speed of all things >.< It only got a "decent" speed stat. Still a pretty fossil bird, though.

Next up, gonna shove shieldon in and see what I get. I've actually never hatched a shiny shieldon before since I don't like its evolution, but what the heck. After that will either be tirtouga, or I may go back into the wormholes after xerneas.

Edit #3: ...Shiny shieldon after only 53 eggs. Holy crap this luck o.o

Again, male. It came out impish nature and capable of taking hits, with Sturdy. A single max IV in DEF. Meh.

Think I'm gonna go after xerneas next, then tirtouga.

Edit #4: Shiny nuzleaf from the wormholes. No idea how many runs that was... I'm not counting. Female, modest, capable of taking hits, with Chlorophyll

Edit #5: SHINY FREAKING XERNEAS AFTER ONLY 321 SRs! Holy CRAP this luck!

Named Csodaszarvas after the sacred white stag of Hungarian mythology. Sync worked and it came out modest nature and mischievous, with Fairy Aura. Took a while to whittle it down since it wouldn't stay asleep and kept using Horn Leech, but finally I got it down to 1HP and threw my first dive ball...

...CRITICAL CAPTURE.

Finding this critter was harder than actually catching it. I spent probably more than 5 hours altogether running wormholes trying to find it. Found raikou and ho-oh twice, mesprit, uxie, registeel, terrakion, virizion, and cresselia at least once each. Finally as I was running out of steam about 6,000 lightyears into the wormhole, I steered into a two-ring green and finally found xerneas waiting for me.

Back to hatching now. Target is tirtouga, then aerodactyl, omanyte, and kabuto to finish off the fossils.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Found a shiny Eevee in Sun while I was SOSing for no reason! Here are some pics of him. I was surprised how quickly I found him.

FtQ5pGN.png

dz8OK0f.png

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I know how good that feels. I was SOSing for level grinding and I had the luck of encountering a shiny Chansey. I really like shiny Chansey because it reminds me of St Patrick's Day and a four-leaf clover, which is appropriate

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny tirtouga after only 122 eggs. The luck continues...

Would have had this last night except I wasn't hunting last night. Male turtle, adamant nature, capable of taking hits, 31/31/31/31/xx/31, with Solid Rock. I love that shade of blue-green on this shiny :)

Aerodactyl next.

TheMaster327

Got my first shiny Ponyta tonight after a long, 1,914 eggs. These are hatching Jolly, with High Horsepower, Double Kick, Hypnosis and Horn Drill. At 110 so far for the second one!
20180922_194054.jpg

After a long while, I finally found a shiny Cresselia in Ultra Sun yesterday. Admittedly, I didn't shiny hunt much the past weeks since I was mainly playing Torna: The Golden Country. But since I've done basically everything you can do in that game I went back to watching anime and that means soft resetting while doing so.

Found Moltres' spawn now so I'm going for that one, which will wrap up the Kanto birds and regular red wormhole legendaries for me when I find it.

Congrats to everyone with their shinies and good luck hunting your current targets.

TheMaster327

So I got my second Ponyta after 459 eggs last night. This one has a more favourable 5IV spread missing Defense so this one will be Rapidash.
20180924_230614.jpg

Aaand Moltres just shone. This was a super fast SR shiny hunt, probably the fastest I've had, lasting less than a day.

Next target's Rayquaza. Maybe Landorus after that one to completely finish the red wormholes although I might try for Kyurem before that since Kyurem is one I've attempted back in gen 5 but never managed to get.

Also figured I should start posting images of the shinies I catch o3o

Moltres and the Cresselia I caught last evening
af023Md.jpg

kHUGb8s.jpg

TheMaster327

So, Slowpoke decided to be really quick tonight as I got both required for the Kanto part of the line in 35 SOS calls and 85 SOS calls respectively. Both got Synced Calm, and one is now Slowbro.
20180925_191940.jpg
20180925_205745.jpg
20180925_231529.jpg
20180925_232309.jpg

Cyberra

pain in the ***
About to hit 1,000 eggs for aerodactyl. Looks like things are getting back to normal hunt-wise

Edit: Shiny aerodactyl after 1,027 eggs. As soon as I post about it... XD

Everstoned adamant, 5IVs missing Spd, mischievous, and has Pressure. Male, of course.

Omanyte next.

Last edited:

TheMaster327

First magnet after 426 SOS calls. Synced Modest, but unfortunately only a Decent Sp. Atk IV, so will likely remain a Magnemite.
20180927_174120.jpg
20180927_210426.jpg

EDIT: Second shiny magnet at 109 calls! This one also Modest with Sturdy, but much better with IVs this time. Will be a Magneton.
20180927_205420.jpg
20180927_210444.jpg

Last edited:

Just managed to snag a shiny Shuppet on Mt. Pyre in Emerald! Was just looking for a Shuppet to trade across to my FireRed game as I am trying to complete the Pokédex and the first one I came across was a shiny. Threw one Ultra ball and caught it without having to whittle it's HP down. Happy days!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I managed to get that shiny Groudon I was looking for. I even caught it in the Heavy Ball, something I had been saving for this very moment as it is the heaviest Pokemon that can be caught period. Afterwards I moved on to getting a shiny Kartana. And in the very same day, within less than an hour, I got it! Barring the Omanyte hunt, this might just be the quickest hunt ever. Even more than Cobalion

Now I'm off to get a shiny Xurkitree

TheMaster327

So, last night I hatched my shiny Farfetch'd after 628 eggs! Got the HA of Defiant too, which I'm very happy about.
20180930_232931.jpg

And just now, I hatched my first Doduo after only 82 eggs! Also got it's HA of Tangled Feet, which is great :)
20181001_182714.jpg

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
This is from a few weeks ago, but I didn't have time to upload the pic until now.

Shiny Minior finally hatched after 1271 eggs lol.

That's 42 and a half box of eggs! (With each box having 25 eggs)

lFSxHN1.jpg

And then I decided to hatch Shiny Pidgey for living dex purpose. Only needed one (since I already have a Shiny Pidgeotto from Gen 6 and Shiny Pidgeot from Gen 4), but after 632 eggs, I got two, separated by just 5 eggs lol

B4Hq0ZY.jpg

After hatching those two Pidgey I decided to SOS Crabrawler since I got a seemingly legit one from WT, I plan to keep one unevolved, and evolve the other one. In less than 40 calls a Shiny Crabrawler shows up :D
(and yes, I caught it, in a Beast Ball too.)

qnvraXx.jpg

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny omanyte after 869 eggs. Yup, hunts are pretty much back to normal.

Timid nature, 5IVs missing DEF, mischievous, with Swift Swim.

Up next is kabuto to finish off the fossils.

Edit: ...Okay, then. Shiny FEMALE kabuto after a mere 157 eggs. I was not expecting to get it that fast.

She's Jolly nature, likes to thrash about, perfect 6IVs, with Battle Armor. Will be an awesome kabutops.

Going to start filling out my dex more now... Hatching for fletchling next.

Last edited:

TheMaster327

Before work, got the second Doduo after 426 eggs!! This one is 5IV missing Speed, so will likely remain a Doduo with the other becoming a Dodrio.
20181003_125252.jpg

Edit: Got my first Seel last night after 122 SOS calls. Took a while to get a pic showing the difference, but finally got it. Calm Synced missing Sp. Atk and Speed, so likely to remain a Seel.
20181003_223340.jpg

Edit2: And just got the second Seel after 152 SOS calls. This one missing HP and Sp. Atk, so the first will be Dewgong, I feel.
20181004_173726.jpg

Edit3: First Grimer at 253 eggs! Careful nature with Egg Moves Curse, Shadow Punch and Shadow Sneak. 20 eggs into the second Grimer hunt atm.
20181005_174008.jpg

Edit4: Second Grimer after 444 eggs! This one got Stench, not Poison Touch like the first, but I think I can still make it work with Shadow Sneak on the set.
20181006_232719.jpg

Last edited:

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Been forever since I last posted here so here is my update Gastrodon, Sigilyph, Abomasnow, Nuzleaf, Drapion, Hippowdon, Yanmega and Alolan Sandshrew are all new