• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Silent_Jay

Last week, whilst in the Ultra Wormhole, I found and caught a shiny Medicham. Last night whilst playing Pokemon Crystal, my Odd Egg from the Daycare hatched to be a shiny Cleffa.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I've been visiting Ultra Wormholes all week to find Agnome (Azelf), and I found a Shiny Flowsel (Floatzel) when I entered a blue-colored portal. I didn't expect that Shiny encounter whatsoever since my Shiny luck in US/UM has been mediocre in general, but now I'm pleased to own a Shiny version of my favorite Gen IV Water-type.

TheMaster327

Got the first Haunter tonight after 940 SOS calls. Modest nature, 4IV but missing the two key stats Sp. Atk and Speed. Will be staying a Haunter.
20181022_182603.jpg

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Was running around in the friend safari in Y while in the waiting room at the doctor's office this morning. I caught two shiny manectric from an electric safari. One is female, careful nature, with Static, and the other is male, lax nature, with Minus.

275 eggs and counting for finneon

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
While I was training for the spooky cup I ran caught a shiny Elgyem nicknamed p.p.e. a shiny gastly nicknamed Passthrough, and a shiny Mareep nicknamed Lambchop

Echo Nacyl

Hi guys. I'm back. Been kinda crazy lately.
Only new shiny in the main series is a Pangoro I caught while EV training via SOS.
In other news, however, I got Poochyena yesterday and Houndour today in Go; two I really wanted.
After I pick up a satisfactory Zeraora I shall resume one of my hunts. Probably Articuno or an Ultra Beast (Nihilego, Pheromosa, or Celesteela).

wobbanut

Team Awesome
While I"m still doing my quad hunt in X/Y/HG/White for Wobbuffet, Amoongus, and Lickitung, I'd thought I'd take a break and restart my Platinum game (which had still been on the original game since I bought it 8-9 years ago) and soft reset for chimchar. Wish me luck.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I still need a zeraora :( I'm more than 200 miles from the nearest EB Games. Artnerd tried to give me a code, but they're region-locked so European codes won't work on NA games.

Finneon is being stubborn... 1,030 eggs and counting. I'm actually considering switching in a pikachu once I find the shiny.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Today, my 6 month shiny drought ended, and I found a shiny Swaddloon in White. My target was Venipede but I’ll take this bug instead. This marks the 4th shiny for my White badgequest, and to be completely honest I’m not sure what to hunt for before Clay. It is likely that I will hunt in the Cold Storage, or alternatively try for Venipede again.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Finneon has really decided to be stubborn. I'm approaching 1,500 eggs for it. Here fishie, fishie, fishie...

Still looking for a zeraora. Another member of this forum offered me one, but the code had already been redeemed before I got the message (I was offline for two days because of doctor appointments), and I found out the hard way that codes obtained in Europe are region-locked. If they can be traded on the GTS, people will be asking literally impossible trades for them. As I am more than 400km/200mi from the nearest EB Games, I have no way to obtain one on my own and desperately need help.

Edit: *sigh* I was REing in the friend safari while waiting for coats of primer on the kitchen wall to dry (I was fixing a spot that had been exposed when the range hood over the stove was replaced) and found exactly what I didn't want. Shiny female pikachu, quiet nature with Lightning Rod. It's going to stay in Y for now, because I want an Alolan-bred one to evolve into raichu for my dex.

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Got shiny Xurkitree in Ultra Sun Friday afternoon. After participating in the Spooky Cup to earn the shiny Mimikyu, I moved on to my next wormhole target. Ended up finding Latios, so I’m soft resetting for that now.

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
While hatching more Dhelmise eggs I ran into a Salandit and was lucky enough to have a false swiper on my team. Did the same battle for 4 days, lost track of sos calls but finally have a female shiny Salandit

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
While soft resetting for Latios in Ultra Sun, I decided to continue SOS chains in Sun and Moon to finish some more family lines. I got my second Pikipek last night and my first Fomantis this morning, both in Moon. The Pikipek evolved into Trumbeak after I caught Fomantis, because I forgot to turn off my experience share. Currently looking for Bagon in Sun and chaining for a second Fomantis in Moon.

Edit: another random shiny Spearow while trying to find Bagon in Sun. Either this one or the last random one I found will become a Fearow. Another family complete!

Last edited:
Been a while since I've posted. I've caught both Shiny Kyurem and Shiny Uxie in the meantime, finishing the lake trio and the blue wormholes in Ultra Sun.

I'm now soft resetting for a shiny Landorus, which is the only red wormhole legend in Ultra Sun I don't have shiny yet. After Landorus I'll move to the yellow wormholes for Heatran and Giratina.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I soft reset over a shiny kartana :(

As I have been as of yet unable to find anyone with a working spare zeraora code, I traded my shiny kartana for one. Finished the box of eggs I'd been hatching for my finneon hunt and went into the wormholes looking for kartana's white one. Took me at least half an hour before I found it in a two-ring white. At around 450-something resets it shone, but I was not paying attention and hit the button to reset before I realized that it was shiny. Am seriously kicking myself for it now. Hopefully it reappears soon...

Finneon is stubborn and stalled at 1,830 eggs.

TheMaster327

Got my shiny Onix yesterday after 962 eggs. Will go for Steelix when I get to it. At 230 calls for Drowzee atm.
20181030_190813.jpg

Edit: Shiny Ooga-Booga Fingers shows up at 348 SOS calls! Might actually go SOS Hypno for the second one as Disable was somewhat irritating. This is Careful nature with Insomnia.
20181031_202935.jpg

Edit2: And that's the Hypno after 186 SOS calls! Again, Sync failed and ended up Relaxed. Still useable, I guess.
20181101_150228.jpg

Edit3: Got the first shiny Krabby earlier after only 73 eggs. Got Sheer Force too!
20181101_192812.jpg

Last edited:

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
The month of October has come and gone and none of my Halloween targets shone, back to my normal targets. I'm almost at 4096 SRs for Blacephalon and once it hits that mark I'm going to go SR for Xerneas instead for a while.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I already have a Shiny female Popplio and Shiny female Primarina, both from trading. I'm planning to evolve the female Popplio into Brionne.

So.....that means I need to get another Shiny Popplio to complete the line. I choose to MM for one just so that I at least have one part of the line with my own OT. Also, Popplio is more gender-neutral in appearance, so there's no issue for me if the Shiny one is male.

Just started MM-ing for it yesterday, since I'm also still SOS hunting for Shiny Alolan Rattata, I only hatched 5 eggs so far lol. I already have a Shiny Alolan Rattata, but I want another one to be evolved.