• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Got my second shiny Fomantis in Moon. It was a tough chain. I wasn’t paying attention to my Pokémon’s PP and it struggled, knocking out the Fomantis I had Skill Swapped to give Harvest and Bestowed a Leppa Berry. When the shiny appeared, the new caller struggled itself two turns later. My chain would have broken if the shiny hadn’t appeared when it did! One of the two Fomantis will become Lurantis to complete the family.

My Bagon chain is progressing nicely in Sun and my new target in Moon if my third Pikipek. I’m also continuing Latios in Ultra Sun, but I’m prioritizing that less than the SOS chains.

Edit: very quick hunt for my 3rd Pikipeck! Starting on Caterpie’s line now.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Was messing around in the friend safari in Y again earlier and found Not My Target... this time two shiny stunfisk. One lonely and one lax, both with static. Meh...

Finneon is still stalled at 1,830 eggs. Kartana reclaim SR is at 2,740 resets. Dedenne RE hunt is at two manectric, two stunfisk, and a pikachu.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny kartana reclaim at 5,056 SRs! :D That wasn't too bad...

Sync worked this time and kartana is jolly nature, takes plenty of siestas and has Beast Boost... and is 31/xx/xx/31/xx/31. Got the speed but not the attack. Meh. I can bottle cap that.

Now back to finneon.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny finneon after 2,034 eggs. Fishie decided to be stubborn.

Male, bold nature, somewhat vain, with Swift Swim. Was hoping for Storm Drain, but that's what ability capsules are for. He's 5IVs missing DEF.

Hatching for fast ball pichu to evolve into Alolan raichu next.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Nice shinies guys!

Got a shiny Beldum on Community day. It's now a shiny Metang. Still working on soft resetting for a shiny Cyndaquil in Pokemon Silver and hunting for a shiny Koffing in Pokemon Crystal. Gyarados is giving me a hard time in Pokemon X. It's one stubborn Pokemon to get to shine. Not giving up though.

TheMaster327

Second bomb ball after 398 eggs! 5IV Modest, missing Sp. Atk (but a better IV than the first). Is now Electrode.
20181106_190126.jpg

Transferred this guy from Gold tonight as well so only need the one from SOS.
20181106_190325.jpg

Phillies

I started the week hunting for a male and female shiny Finneon. I got the male really easy but the female is proving to be difficult. After getting the male I decided to try my luck without using the cute charm. That resulted in another male. I went to Pokebank and got my cute charm Sylveon which so far has resulted in 6 more shiny males. Hopefully the 9th time is the charm as I would like to get back to breeding for a shiny Fennekin.

Last edited:
Landorus finally shone two days ago. Was a fairly long SR hunt.
With that I've now got 2/3rd of the Kami trio shiny (last one is Thundurus but I'll need to complete Ultra Moon first) and finished the red wormholes in Ultra Sun.

I geared up in preparation to try for Giratina. Got a high levelled Araquanid that has soak to get rid of that pesky ghost type and Palkia and Dialga in my team but ended up finding the other Yellow wormhole shiny I still need, Heatran.

I guess soak will also help with Heatran's steel type to make false swipe more effective. Hoping it will shine soon~

Congrats to everyone with their new shinies and good luck to anyone hunting~

TheMaster327

So I got the second Exeggcute last night after 565 SOS calls. 4IV Modest and got Harvest as well! Currently at 435 calls for Cubone.
20181108_220853.jpg

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Been a while.

Got shiny Dratini a couple days ago. Named her Twinkie and she has a Jolly nature, which is extremely nice for a competitive Dragonite.

But since I really don't care about wi-fi competitions or battling, I'm just keeping her as a Dratini.

Going for Buneary now, hoping the hunt is short, but it's not looking that way right now.

TheMaster327

Boy, this took a while... First Cubone finally showed up after a huge 1,335 SOS calls! Sync failed and ended up Jolly, which is still not too bad. 4IV missing Sp. Atk and Speed.
20181111_150653.jpg

Edit: Second one showed up a bit quicker, at 355 calls. Adamant sync worked, but a terrible Attack IV, so evolving the Jolly one.
20181111_210930.jpg

Last edited:
Heatran shone just a few minutes ago. Caught it with the 2nd repeat ball. Overall it was a pretty fast hunt~

Next target's Giratina, which will finish Yellow wormholes in Ultra Sun for me. Only the Green ones left then.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
*sigh* Third shiny manectric from my friend safari hunt in Y. This one is Bashful, with Minus. I'm trying to find dedenne, slaggit >.<

Still no shiny pikachu in Ultra Sun yet.

TheMaster327

First shiny Tyrogue (for Hitmonlee) after 316 eggs! Adamant, unfortunately didn't get the HA. 5IV missing HP, which is still a Fantastic.
20181114_193522.jpg

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Just got my Shiny Buneary.

Impish, nicknamed her Bon Bon.

Now I'm going for Nihilego... Soft resets be damned.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I've gotten my shiny swole boi Buzzwole. Now I only have one more Ultra Space UB to get in Ultra Sun, that being Nihilego

TheMaster327

Got the second Tyrogue for Hitmonchan after 198 eggs. Hatched Careful, so should be easier to get a Hitmonchan out of it. If only its Defense IV was better...
20181115_133616.jpg