• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny freaking pichu after 2,249 eggs. That was a slog...

Male, timid nature, somewhat vain, Static, and in a fast ball. It's 5IVs missing SpATK... Damnit >.< Oh well, that's what bottle caps are for.

Up next will be a HA popplio, then bagon

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Started hunting Magnemite for my 6th shiny in LGP.

Found a Shiny Chansey and I failed it. Thank god for whoever picked up on the fleeing animations, or else I would've had to start my chain back up.

Nothing since the Chansey, and I'm really starting to get irritated with this hunt...

Also getting irritated that none of the shiny models from LGPE have been uploaded like... anywhere. I'd really prefer to use them over the ones in my signature since they're pretty drastically different.

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats on Gastly, Giratina, Pichu and Chansey.

I finally found some near flawless Charmanders and a shiny one this morning.
AmkDNj7.jpg
BdeZ5RX.jpg
vmsSGtpr.jpg
6jH0zpN.jpg
I broke my combo chain at almost 300 Charmander and I'm going to start on Squirtle next. I only caught 3 Squirtle when a Bellsprout with sparkes spawned.
u3VxBni.jpg
H07be5c.jpg
hgb1RPyr.jpg
I think I might start compiling my Let's GO Eevee shinies and only post them once a week if they start getting too frequent.

TheMaster327

Got the second Koffing on Monday after 528 eggs. Exactly the same IVs as the first one, only this was a male. Is now Weezing.
20181126_201318.jpg
20181126_233437.jpg

At 75 eggs and counting for the first Rhyhorn now.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I did end up catching my shiny Charmander and he is now a Charizard. I also chained for Bulbasuar, half to build up candy and experience and half to find a shiny, but accidently broke that chain around 87. I also chained Nidoran-m for candy, and that resulted in a shiny Nidoran-f. Taking on the E4 and Champ now.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Wow, what a crazy night.

After failing a Shiny Chansey, a Shiny Magnemite finally appeared for me after about two days!

Caught it, broke the chain to level it up off of Chansey and Electabuzz in the Power Plant. Then after I evolved it into Magneton and got it to the same level my team is at, I decided to go through the Power Plant and gather the items in there.

Low and behold a FULL ODDS Shiny Magnemite appeared! I was shocked!(Pun intended?) I would've been so much happier if it was anything other than Magnemite since... I had just chained for it, but that's one less Pokemon I'll need for my Shiny Living Dex on Let's Go!

Beat Sabrina and Team Rocket at Silph Co., and now I'm hunting for Lapras for my 7th shiny in the SBQ.

ohjeezitskim

I was hunting for a Staryu for about 8 hours (chaining) and because I suck, I accidentally ran from it. (Miss hit buttons + panic) so after another 3-4 hours I found another! I placed it in handheld mode, threw an ultraball (was green ring), popped out.. so I raspberried ... before I even threw the ball, it ran from me. So I lost two shinies. Decided to stop hunting and finish the game.. Should have berried first but I panic too much knowing how bad I can screw up. And well I did! TWICE!

Any who, good luck on your hunts!
(I did get a shiny Vulpix successfully at least lol)

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Well I got my 7th shiny for my SBQ and it wasn't Lapras.

Found a Shiny Tentacruel instead, caught it and nicknamed him Aquamarine.

Defeated Blaine and now I'm hunting my last shiny in the Pokemon Mansion, Magmar.

Hoping I don't get Grimer or Muk... as I've gotten 3 shiny poison types on my team.

EDIT: And of course I get Shiny Muk. The second rarest spawn in Pokemon Mansion.

EDIT2: Not satisfied with that final hunt at all. Not going to count Muk and I'm going to keep going for Magmar. I'll move on if I get Chansey or Raticate as I don't have a single Normal type on my team, but I'd like to get a fire type to round things off. That way I'll have a Grass, Fire, Water, and Electric type on this SBQ.

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I'm on a 150 combo for Vulpix. I found 1 shiny Vulpix fairly early on, but I didn't set its nature and it got a really bad one. Since I wasn't done collecting Vulpix Candy, I kept trying to get a second using madam Celadon to ensure it is Timid. Since the first Vulpix, I have run away from or ignored the following shiny pokemon:

Rhyhorn (while breaking from Vulpix to search for items in Cerulean Cave)
Chansey
Chansey
Pidgeotto
Pidgey
Rattata
Pidgey

Everything starting with the first Chansey was found today. I died a little inside each time I ran, but I've invested too much into this hunt to break my combo on something else.

Last edited:

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats on Koffing, Charmander, Magnemite x2, Tentacruel, Muk, Rhyhorn and Vulpix. Too bad about the Staryu ohjeezitskim.

I was working on my Squirtle chain and decided to collect items in Cerulean Cave when, just like Team Volt Grunt, a shiny Rhyhorn spawned. The thing is, it spawned right on top of me and I didn't get a chance to screenshot the overworld sparkles.
NYFStkXr.jpg
JkkHdFCr.jpg
PMaH5u5r.jpg
Back to the Squirtle grind from the beginning.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Ugh...

Continued hunting for Magmar and got three shinies so far.

2 Raticate and 1 Chansey.

Caught one of the Raticates and intentionally failed the other and the Chansey.

I just want my Magmar now... :(

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I was at Route 10 trying to find a Dratini in the water
SNaQKGE.jpg

While this was my first shiny in LGP, I already have a shiny Magikarp in US. Though I was excited to capture it. I'm not planning to evolve it since I already have a shiny Gyarados in US. And it doesn't follow me on land, only in water.

It's shiny form looks so marvelous in the big screen. :D

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Update on the Magmar hunt:

Successfully caught my Shiny Magmar.

Took 8 phases. In order, I found:

Muk, Raticate, Raticate, Chansey, Rattata, Rattata, Chansey, and last but most certainly NOT least! Magmar!

Stockpiled 200 candies and synchronized for Modest, so... He's a REALLY beefy Magmar now. Nicknamed him Spitfire.

Caught the last Chansey I got and named her Luck btw. She was Modest too due to the synchronizing.

Time to beat Giovanni and wrap up this SBQ!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny FEMALE popplio after 1,490 eggs! :D

Yup, a female. I was not expecting that. She's modest nature, capable of taking hits, and has her HA, Liquid Voice. 4IVs missing HP and ATK, but ATK isn't needed anyway and I can bottle cap the HP

Bagon next.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I was friend safari hunting during loading screens while playing Monster Hunter: World today, and I found a shiny sableye. Female, calm nature, somewhat vain, with Stall. She did not want to get caught, though... Kept breaking out of luxury balls. I finally got her to stay in a dusk ball.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Shinies in Let's Go are actually kind of hard to keep up with.

I finally got my shiny Vulpix, maxed its AVs with Vulpix Candy, beat the Vulpix master, evolved to shiny Ninetales, and beat the Ninetales master.
finally ended my Vulpix combo by catching a shiny Chansey
I'm now on a combo for Bulbasuar. before I even got to 10, I found a shiny Weedle and caught it since the combo was so low
then I worked on getting my Bulbasuar combo really going. I have since caught one shiny Bulbasaur of my desired 3, and run away from the following shinies:

Weedle #2
Pidgey
Weedle #3
Pidgey #2
Weedle #4
Kakuna
Bellsprout

Shiny Bulbasaur #2 is Modest with perfect Special Attack, Special Defense, Attack, and Defense. Continuing for the third and moving on to Charmander. Since I already have a good special attacker, I'm planning on going for Adamant or Jolly to make a Mega X-focused Charizard.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Managed to obtain a shiny Nihilego. Now I'm finally off to get the shiny Blacephalon. Have Catch boosters and Damp Quagsire with Focus Sash on the ready

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Was friend safari hunting again, this time in a fighting safari, and caught two of the three 'mons available. First was a female pancham, sassy nature with Mold Breaker, and the second was a male mienfoo, hardy with Inner Focus. I'm hoping the next shiny will be the hariyama I went in after, but knowing my luck there will be many duplicates first.