• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Early Christmas gift in the form of my fourth shiny minccino from the friend safari. I will be re-gifting it to someone else once I get it moved up to Ultra Sun.

458 eggs for deerling and counting.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I got a Christmas shiny! It was an Espeon, which took me 6 hours worth of SOS encounters to find, which was around 500 SOS encounters. Definitely a nice Christmas present. I started the encounters around sunset in the game so that's why I found it in night, which is an additional bonus.

NlUQcnI.png

7RnRQkQ.png

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Slightly late Christmas shiny, but I'm still counting it :D Shiny winter-forme deerling after 679 eggs. Male (named Rudolph), jolly nature, likes to thrash about (max ATK, yay), and he got his HA, Serene Grace. 5IVs missing DEF, though, but meh.

Up next will be crabrawler/crabominable, the last of my Christmas hunts. But first, I'm going to gather some eggs to use in Ultra Moon when I get it (hopefully tomorrow). I'm looking for good IVs, not shininess. I'll hatch them to check the IVs, then reset and store the ones I want to be hatched in UM and used as my main team. I'm going to be powering through the story to get access to stakataka and the ultra wormholes.

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
No shiny news for me as I didn't play much pokemon over the holiday weekend. Rattata will be my next Let's Go target when I get back to hunting.

Congrats on all the recent shinies and good luck on your hunts! Happy holidays!

Hey everyone, anyone here wants Community Hunt to return from next January?:D
I'd like to see community hunts come back!

Congrats on Guzlord!

TheMaster327

Now that wasn't so hard, was it? After a Cubone chain that lasted nearly 5k calls (with 21 shiny Cubone sacrificed) I decided to hunt the 1% Kanga that only calls Kanga and got it in only 105 calls!!! Rash nature, but at least it doesn't affect Attack or Speed adversely.
20181226_124638.jpg

EDIT: First Horsea seemed keen to show up at only 46 eggs! Now at 45 eggs so far for the second one.
20181226_162843.jpg

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Got shiny Seel! Surprised I even noticed it, as it popped up while I wasn't paying attention. Happened to look right at it and I thought "That looks kinda yellowish..." and after it zoomed out so I could see both I STILL had to study it a little closer. Eventually decided to just KO the normal Seel and catch it, and sure enough, it was shiny. Nicknamed her Slushie.

Went on to hunt another Crabrawler(for Crabominable) and got it in 16 calls! Even better is that he was an Adamant nature too. Nicknamed him Doomfist.

Now I'm hunting another Sandshrew(for Alolan Sandslash), somehow broke my chain already. Must've not been paying attention and accidentally KO'd the original Sandshrew while it was alone.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Who here got shiny Ice types on Christmas?

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny crabrawler after only 134 eggs! I think it took longer to get a crabrawler with the right nature than it did for the actual shiny to appear.

Female, adamant nature, takes plenty of siestas, with Iron Fist. 4IVs, 31/31/31/0/26-29/31. Not bad.

I have acquired a copy of Ultra Moon and have the eggs ready to transfer over. I'll be powering through to get at the version exclusive UBs and legendaries

Edit: I finally caught that shiny aipom from the friend safari. Female, timid nature, with Skill Link. I'll get her moved to US when I get the chance. Right now I'm working on UM; I just cleared the water trial.

Last edited:

TheMaster327

So last night I got my second Horsea after 249 eggs! It's now a Seadra.
20181229_190541.jpg
20181229_210403.jpg

And just now I got the first Goldeen after a lucky 13 SOS calls!!!
20181230_185522.jpg

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I have my UM team stuck in Isle Evelup to get some levels for a bit, so to kill time I'm actually soft resetting the Ditto Five in US. I caught the one that was disguised as a cop without SRing it, which I kicked myself for later (after I was at a point I could no longer just reset and go back to do it). Just got the second one (the herb seller) after 331 SRs. Its nature is guaranteed Jolly, with only one max IV in Speed but 30s in both SpATK and DEF

Up next is the imposter chef.

Last edited:

TheMaster327

Got the second Goldeen last night after 198 SOS calls. This one 4IV Adamant with Fantastic Attack. Also got its HA of Lightning Rod!
20181230_222506.jpg

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Congrats on getting an HA shiny!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
First shiny of the new year is the second blue ditto, the one that had been disguised as the chef. This one is guaranteed adamant and likes to thrash about, with a max IV in ATK and 30s in both Def and Speed. Got it in 702 resets.

On to the one masquerading as the masseuse.

Edit: That was quick. Shiny ditto #3 after only 262 SRs. Guaranteed modest, mischievous, max IV in SpATK and a 30 in SpDEF.

Last one is the one impersonating Olivia. This should be the timid one.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
At last! I have gotten myself a shiny Blacephalon. It didn't off itself with Mind Blown, I got it in a Beast Ball so my Master Ball can be saved for something else. It's a Bold Nature, and I named it Pennywise.

TheMaster327

So I got my first shiny Staryu tonight after a long 583 SOS calls. Ended up Bold, so Modest sync failed, yet that's still a workable nature!
20190102_192913.jpg

EDIT: Honestly didn't expect to get the second one tonight but it proved me wrong by showing up after only 17 SOS calls! Makes up for the long first one!
20190102_223156.jpg

Last edited:

Ammako

I feel like posting. Been doing some work.

2018/05/18:

d7b2bc1121.jpg

2018/06/10:

6093851b2b.jpg

2018/06/13:

84a5a1be4a.jpg

2018/06/21:

343ae2396b.jpg

2018/07/31:

7ba9971501.jpg

2018/08/07:

e952534c39.jpg

2018/08/10:

2e11f68945.jpg

2018/08/12:

8c943dc998.jpg

2018/08/17:

119889c193.jpg

2018/08/17:

fcca769fc9.jpg

2018/08/31:

a1e58d9ea5.jpg

2018/09/01:

4ee6cd1ea9.jpg

2018/10/04:

18b0502e00.jpg

2018/11/13:

fbf911179b.jpg

2019/01/02:

ee37bdaacb.jpg

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny lillipup in Y's friend safari XP I caught it in a quick ball, but didn't bother to look at it. I was in there looking for chansey for my US dex.

My UM battle team is on its way back to UM. Once I get this last stubborn ditto I'll start pushing through the storyline again.

Edit: Shiny ditto #4 after 1,365 SRs! This one wanted to be stubborn.

This is the guaranteed timid one, one max IV in Speed abut 30s in ATK and SpDEF. So it looks more like Jolly than Timid.

Next breeding project in US will be some water 'mons: skrelp, staryu, shellder, and clauncher, in that order. But first, some more pushing through UM. I've also played a bit of X (I got the free digital version but hadn't done much with it. It makes good boredom relief when sitting in a hospital parking lot though)

Edit: *sigh* Second shiny lillipup from the friend safari. This one is quirky and has Run Away (the first one was bashful and had Run Away). Both will be WT'd once I get them back to US

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I've decided to start back on my shiny hunts after Team Rainbow Rocket. Starting with Landorus

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny staryu in X! It's chain fished so the stats will be garbage, but dang, it's a shiny stayu!

I'm astonished that I got staryu instead of clauncher, honestly. Staryu is what I came for, but clauncher is 70%

It's careful and very finicky, with Illuminate. This one will be staying a staryu; I'll breed and evolve a better one in US at a later date.

I love staryu's shiny. The blue and silver make it look badass

Edit: And there's the clauncher, 38 casts later. I love it when a route cooperates (it happens so rarely). Naive nature, good perseverance, Mega Launcher. Will be staying a clauncher; I'll breed a better one for clawitser later.

Done in X for now... Back to UM

Last edited: