• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny Alolan sandshrew after 752 eggs! Not too bad...

Male, jolly nature and alert to sounds (better than somewhat vain), and he got his HA, Slush Rush. 4IVs missing SpATK and SpDEF. Not too bad... SpATK is useless anyway and I can bottle cap the SpDEF.

I'm going to hatch lickitung now, then seel (and thank you to TheMaster327 for the perfect natured seel from our still-incomplete egg trade vivillon hunt), then grubbin. I think there is a drifloon at the trainer school that I can actually attempt to SR if I understand right, and zubat to try and finish off the first island dex.

Ok, nm, I caught that drifloon already. To the cemetary for the sos chain

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Ridiculously long, unnecessary, and mildly embellished version of this post:

Spring 2007:

A young trainer entered Mt. Coronet, determined to capture the legendary Pokémon of time: Dialga. But he wasn't searching for just any legend of time. He wanted to become a legendary shiny hunter. His Dialga would shine, and he wouldn't leave the mountain until he found what he came for.

He searched day and night, but the Sinnoh landmark would not be conquered by just any traveler. Using the full range of his Pokémon's capabilities - their Strength, their Surf, their Rock Smash, and even their vaunted Rock Climb - the young trainer kept the faith that he and his Pokémon would prevail. They searched high and low, but the fabled shiny of the mountain was nowhere to be found.

He would not accept defeat. Setting up camp on the snowy summit, the trainer continued his hunt. Days passed, and soon weeks turned into months. But he was determined not to leave until the shiny Dialga was his.

July 31st, 2007:

At long last, the hunter bravely weathered the blistering cold of Mt. Coronet's peak and stepped forth onto the very apex of the Sinnoh region - the Spear Pillar itself. And there, waiting at long last to meet the fearless hunter, was the noble legend of time: the great green Dialga.

With a Luxury Ball, the young hunter captured the legend, taking the first step on his path to becoming a Legendary Shiny Hunter.

August 21st, 2007:

Less than a month after Dialga's capture, the young hunter discovered a small cavern in the center of one of Sinnoh's three lakes. Spending many days in search once again, he was rewarded with a prize of tremendous power and wisdom: the shiny Uxie, guardian of the lake. But that was not enough.

In the far northern region of Sinnoh, the elders speak of three ancient entities that were involved from the beginning of time itself. These three entities were said to be Dialga, the legend of time; Palkia, the legend of space, and Giratina, the legend of Ghost, that incorporeal essence which is the epitome of all coolness. These Dragons were the true legends, those whose unfathomable powers inspired awe in whatever passersby had the fortune to traverse their graceful regard.

The young trainer needed to find the other two. While Uxie was a powerful shiny, it paled in comparison to the roaring Dialga. So the hunter set out once more, scouring far and wide to discover the other two shinies of the Creation Trio mentioned in folklore from time immemorial.

November 17th, 2008:

The hunter stared in awe at the being before him. At last, it had appeared!!! The legendary Giratina. A battle for the ages ensued, with the blue spectre finally succumbing to a Time Ball, quite fitting coming from the trainer who'd already captured the legend of time.

Just one more to go. One final legend of Sinnoh, and the trio would be complete.

But alas, the legends of the realm do not bow to just any hunter of shinies. They test one's might, and require the greatest of fortitude in one's heart. The legends are no ordinary shiny Pokémon - they are towering behemoths that exude power and radiance, only presenting themselves to the most worthy of hunters.

With his triumph over Giratina, this hunter now had successfully captured 12 shinies. But even with the aid of 12 shiny Pokémon, he was far from worthy of appearing before the legend of space itself.

May 20th, 2011:

After several years had passed, the hunter had gained admission into the pinnacle of shiny hunting society, earning himself a spot among the hunters of Serebii. With several more shinies captured, he dared to challenge the third and final member of the Creation Trio, hoping to cement his name as a shiny hunting legend:

G-Money said:
I also started my Palkia hunt today and found out that Palkia has absolutely awesome walk-up music. I dual hunted it with the Johto starters today, and I got up to 250 Palkia.

Challenging the master of space, he deigned call forth the final colossus of Sinnoh's trio, time and time again. But the beast would not shine. The battle raged for days and days and days atop Mt. Coronet, but the legend would not deem the hunter worthy. How could one who has not even captured a minute fraction of the small, weak Pokémon that scurry in the tall grass claim the mantle of hunter of shiny legends??

December 18th, 2011:

G-Money said:
I picked up my Palkia hunt for a little bit last night, got to 5700 SRs, and then tore open a portal in time and flung it far into the future where my evil is law. Expect a shiny Palkia from me circa 2016. :D I restarted Pearl...

Rending the fabric of space itself, the beast tore open a portal and ejected the hunter from the mountaintop, exiling him to the lowly grasslands of a distant region. He would spend the next seven years and three months searching far and wide, capturing shinies of all shapes and sizes, of varying powers and types.

But none held a candle to the monolithic Palkia. These tiny starter and grassland Pokémon would not be of any use in capturing the Dragon of ancient lore. Nonetheless, the hunter carried on with his quest, vowing to return one day with a massive army of shiny Pokémon to challenge the mighty beast and claim that lofty title to which he so boldly aspired.

March 7th, 2019:

The grizzled veteran - no longer the youthful hunter he once was - reflected upon his recent string of victories. He'd been seeking a shiny Sableye in the Unova region, to no avail. While this Pokémon was but a weak cave-dweller compared to the fearsome Giratina over whom he'd claimed victory in his youth, the cave boasted a number of formidable Pokémon in its own right. There was the exploding Graveler, a large rock monster capable of demolishing any unsuspecting traveler with its Explosion; the respectable Boldore, a cornucopia of gems and valuable stones whose Rock powers could take down even the most cautious of trainers; and the noble Mawile, a mischievous demon of Steel whose unrelenting jaws were the subject of scary tales around campfires the world over.

And the hunter had caught all three. With the addition of Mawile, his collection had grown to 78, a sizeable number compared to the meager 12 he'd boasted after the grueling battle with Giratina 11 years prior. While most were small, grass-scurrying Pokémon, they were all capable shinies nonetheless, and the recent additions of Graveler, Boldore, and Mawile emboldened him to once again seek the sparkling legend of space.

And so on March 7th, 2019, he ascended the treacherous slopes of Mt. Coronet once more.

March 11th, 2019:

The hunter arrived at the pinnacle of Sinnoh, surrounded by those relics of antiquity that give the Spear Pillar its name. Taking in his surroundings, the hunter glanced a swirl of blue stars out of the corner of his eye...

And there it was. At long last, the shiny Palkia was his to confront. Standing firm atop the mountain, he gazed directly into the eye of the beast.

And with a thunderous roar, the beast challenged the hunter, now worthy of combat after so many arduous years of battles with lesser shinies. The hunter sent out Modesto, a Sychronize Kadabra who'd been captured and trained solely for this one moment. This was his time to shine.

But the mighty legend had no pity for the weak. It instantly launched a pulse of water at the Psychic, whose pedestrian stature was nothing more than a speck of sand in the shadow of the towering Dragon.

The hunter called Modesto back to its Poké Ball, replacing it with yet another weak grassbound Pokémon: Karla, the cheerful Kricketune.

Karla's pitiful size did not preclude it from exhibiting great utility, however. Her melodious Sing put the legend of space to sleep, allowing the trainer to toss Heal Balls at the elusive shiny. But the first capture attempt failed, as did the subsequent.

Palkia woke up.

Karla tried once more to lull the beast to sleep, but Palkia would not fall for the same deceptive maneuver twice. With a Spacial Rend, it tore open a portal of space and sent the feeble Bug to its doom. The hunter mourned for the loss of his comrade, a noble veteran of his long Nuzlocke journey that would now have to be laid to rest. May you rest in peace, Karla.

Fearing the permanent loss of yet another trusted team member, the hunter paused before sending another friend into the battle. He settled on the strongiest, bulkiest, most reliable member of his squad: Finn, the unyielding Lumineon.

Finn was the team member of whom the trainer was most proud, boasting mighty defenses and tremendous coverage for a Water-type companion. Finn was such an integral part of the team that, after he had fallen in battle once before, the entire team had journeyed clear across the region in search of a shiny so that he might be revived, ultimately enlisting the aid of one shiny Shellos named Clyde.

Thus emerged Finn from his Ball, ready to take a hit or two to give his trainer enough time to capture the legend he'd sought for so many years.

The hunter readied another Heal Ball in his hand, determined to capture the pink shiny in a pink Ball, one whose sparkly aesthetic meshed so well with the glisten of shiny Pokémon.

And then it happened...

...he launched the Heal Ball, and shiny Palkia was captured!!! :D

Short version:

I caught shiny Palkia!!! :p It's my first shiny legendary since 2008!!! :D :) It came at 10:21 PM on March 11th. It was encounter #7703 overall, but I had done 5702 encounters back in 2011, so it only took 4 days and 2001 encounters since I started back up this year. I caught it on the fourth Heal Ball attempt, and I'm lucky I saw the blue stars out of the corner of my eye when it appeared since I'd have never known it was shiny otherwise, "lol!" I actually didn't save until after I went back to the box and checked to make sure it was shiny because the normal version and the shiny one are so similar, "lol!" But this was a shiny I'd wanted for a really long time, so I'm really glad I have it now!! :D

I'm doing a Nuzlocke in Pearl where I'm allowed to bring someone back to life whenever I get a shiny, so this means I get my Snover back! :cool:

And the Modest sync worked, too!!!

btw:

May 23rd, 2011:

G-Money said:
I'm working on finishing up the Creation Trio right now, so I'll be able to take the title of...Shiny Creationist? 666 Palkia (who doesn't evolve, by the way) :p

"lol"

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Ridiculously long, unnecessary, and mildly embellished version of this post:

Spring 2007:

A young trainer entered Mt. Coronet, determined to capture the legendary Pokémon of time: Dialga. But he wasn't searching for just any legend of time. He wanted to become a legendary shiny hunter. His Dialga would shine, and he wouldn't leave the mountain until he found what he came for.

He searched day and night, but the Sinnoh landmark would not be conquered by just any traveler. Using the full range of his Pokémon's capabilities - their Strength, their Surf, their Rock Smash, and even their vaunted Rock Climb - the young trainer kept the faith that he and his Pokémon would prevail. They searched high and low, but the fabled shiny of the mountain was nowhere to be found.

He would not accept defeat. Setting up camp on the snowy summit, the trainer continued his hunt. Days passed, and soon weeks turned into months. But he was determined not to leave until the shiny Dialga was his.

July 31st, 2007:

At long last, the hunter bravely weathered the blistering cold of Mt. Coronet's peak and stepped forth onto the very apex of the Sinnoh region - the Spear Pillar itself. And there, waiting at long last to meet the fearless hunter, was the noble legend of time: the great green Dialga.

With a Luxury Ball, the young hunter captured the legend, taking the first step on his path to becoming a Legendary Shiny Hunter.

August 21st, 2007:

Less than a month after Dialga's capture, the young hunter discovered a small cavern in the center of one of Sinnoh's three lakes. Spending many days in search once again, he was rewarded with a prize of tremendous power and wisdom: the shiny Uxie, guardian of the lake. But that was not enough.

In the far northern region of Sinnoh, the elders speak of three ancient entities that were involved from the beginning of time itself. These three entities were said to be Dialga, the legend of time; Palkia, the legend of space, and Giratina, the legend of Ghost, that incorporeal essence which is the epitome of all coolness. These Dragons were the true legends, those whose unfathomable powers inspired awe in whatever passersby had the fortune to traverse their graceful regard.

The young trainer needed to find the other two. While Uxie was a powerful shiny, it paled in comparison to the roaring Dialga. So the hunter set out once more, scouring far and wide to discover the other two shinies of the Creation Trio mentioned in folklore from time immemorial.

November 17th, 2008:

The hunter stared in awe at the being before him. At last, it had appeared!!! The legendary Giratina. A battle for the ages ensued, with the blue spectre finally succumbing to a Time Ball, quite fitting coming from the trainer who'd already captured the legend of time.

Just one more to go. One final legend of Sinnoh, and the trio would be complete.

But alas, the legends of the realm do not bow to just any hunter of shinies. They test one's might, and require the greatest of fortitude in one's heart. The legends are no ordinary shiny Pokémon - they are towering behemoths that exude power and radiance, only presenting themselves to the most worthy of hunters.

With his triumph over Giratina, this hunter now had successfully captured 12 shinies. But even with the aid of 12 shiny Pokémon, he was far from worthy of appearing before the legend of space itself.

May 20th, 2011:

After several years had passed, the hunter had gained admission into the pinnacle of shiny hunting society, earning himself a spot among the hunters of Serebii. With several more shinies captured, he dared to challenge the third and final member of the Creation Trio, hoping to cement his name as a shiny hunting legend:

Challenging the master of space, he deigned call forth the final colossus of Sinnoh's trio, time and time again. But the beast would not shine. The battle raged for days and days and days atop Mt. Coronet, but the legend would not deem the hunter worthy. How could one who has not even captured a minute fraction of the small, weak Pokémon that scurry in the tall grass claim the mantle of hunter of shiny legends??

December 18th, 2011:

Rending the fabric of space itself, the beast tore open a portal and ejected the hunter from the mountaintop, exiling him to the lowly grasslands of a distant region. He would spend the next seven years and three months searching far and wide, capturing shinies of all shapes and sizes, of varying powers and types.

But none held a candle to the monolithic Palkia. These tiny starter and grassland Pokémon would not be of any use in capturing the Dragon of ancient lore. Nonetheless, the hunter carried on with his quest, vowing to return one day with a massive army of shiny Pokémon to challenge the mighty beast and claim that lofty title to which he so boldly aspired.

March 7th, 2019:

The grizzled veteran - no longer the youthful hunter he once was - reflected upon his recent string of victories. He'd been seeking a shiny Sableye in the Unova region, to no avail. While this Pokémon was but a weak cave-dweller compared to the fearsome Giratina over whom he'd claimed victory in his youth, the cave boasted a number of formidable Pokémon in its own right. There was the exploding Graveler, a large rock monster capable of demolishing any unsuspecting traveler with its Explosion; the respectable Boldore, a cornucopia of gems and valuable stones whose Rock powers could take down even the most cautious of trainers; and the noble Mawile, a mischievous demon of Steel whose unrelenting jaws were the subject of scary tales around campfires the world over.

And the hunter had caught all three. With the addition of Mawile, his collection had grown to 78, a sizeable number compared to the meager 12 he'd boasted after the grueling battle with Giratina 11 years prior. While most were small, grass-scurrying Pokémon, they were all capable shinies nonetheless, and the recent additions of Graveler, Boldore, and Mawile emboldened him to once again seek the sparkling legend of space.

And so on March 7th, 2019, he ascended the treacherous slopes of Mt. Coronet once more.

March 11th, 2019:

The hunter arrived at the pinnacle of Sinnoh, surrounded by those relics of antiquity that give the Spear Pillar its name. Taking in his surroundings, the hunter glanced a swirl of blue stars out of the corner of his eye...

And there it was. At long last, the shiny Palkia was his to confront. Standing firm atop the mountain, he gazed directly into the eye of the beast.

And with a thunderous roar, the beast challenged the hunter, now worthy of combat after so many arduous years of battles with lesser shinies. The hunter sent out Modesto, a Sychronize Kadabra who'd been captured and trained solely for this one moment. This was his time to shine.

But the mighty legend had no pity for the weak. It instantly launched a pulse of water at the Psychic, whose pedestrian stature was nothing more than a speck of sand in the shadow of the towering Dragon.

The hunter called Modesto back to its Poké Ball, replacing it with yet another weak grassbound Pokémon: Karla, the cheerful Kricketune.

Karla's pitiful size did not preclude it from exhibiting great utility, however. Her melodious Sing put the legend of space to sleep, allowing the trainer to toss Heal Balls at the elusive shiny. But the first capture attempt failed, as did the subsequent.

Palkia woke up.

Karla tried once more to lull the beast to sleep, but Palkia would not fall for the same deceptive maneuver twice. With a Spacial Rend, it tore open a portal of space and sent the feeble Bug to its doom. The hunter mourned for the loss of his comrade, a noble veteran of his long Nuzlocke journey that would now have to be laid to rest. May you rest in peace, Karla.

Fearing the permanent loss of yet another trusted team member, the hunter paused before sending another friend into the battle. He settled on the strongiest, bulkiest, most reliable member of his squad: Finn, the unyielding Lumineon.

Finn was the team member of whom the trainer was most proud, boasting mighty defenses and tremendous coverage for a Water-type companion. Finn was such an integral part of the team that, after he had fallen in battle once before, the entire team had journeyed clear across the region in search of a shiny so that he might be revived, ultimately enlisting the aid of one shiny Shellos named Clyde.

Thus emerged Finn from his Ball, ready to take a hit or two to give his trainer enough time to capture the legend he'd sought for so many years.

The hunter readied another Heal Ball in his hand, determined to capture the pink shiny in a pink Ball, one whose sparkly aesthetic meshed so well with the glisten of shiny Pokémon.

And then it happened...

...he launched the Heal Ball, and shiny Palkia was captured!!! :D

Short version:

I caught shiny Palkia!!! :p It's my first shiny legendary since 2008!!! :D :) It came at 10:21 PM on March 11th. It was encounter #7703 overall, but I had done 5702 encounters back in 2011, so it only took 4 days and 2001 encounters since I started back up this year. I caught it on the fourth Heal Ball attempt, and I'm lucky I saw the blue stars out of the corner of my eye when it appeared since I'd have never known it was shiny otherwise, "lol!" I actually didn't save until after I went back to the box and checked to make sure it was shiny because the normal version and the shiny one are so similar, "lol!" But this was a shiny I'd wanted for a really long time, so I'm really glad I have it now!! :D

I'm doing a Nuzlocke in Pearl where I'm allowed to bring someone back to life whenever I get a shiny, so this means I get my Snover back! :cool:

And the Modest sync worked, too!!!

btw:

May 23rd, 2011:

"lol"

Nice diary XD

And congrats :)

Anyway, in just 185 eggs, I got my white frill Popplio :D
Unfortunately the darker blue compared to regular Popplio doesn't look obvious on my phone's camera.

DRH2oL9.jpg

tE95Ahz.jpg

It's male, but I don't mind, I already have two female ones from trade anyway. This one is going to be kept as Popplio whose design is more ambiguous instead of feminine, so I decided to breed one since I won't mind if it's male. And I got it quickly XD

I decided to SR for a shiny Seel but the moment the first Seel used Encore right after my False Swipe I really didn't feel like it.
So instead of that, I decided to pick up my long on hold MM Rhyhorn hunt which I left at about 600 eggs.

A few days and 387 more eggs later and a copper Rhyhorn finally hatched.
Now I'm actually gonna go for that Seel (and bring more than one false swiper to counter that encore).

TheMaster327

So I got my shiny skinned flaming chicken last night after a long 5,987 SRs! Crit caught it in the 4th Heal Ball thrown. Timid Sync worked as well!
20190314_201634.jpg

Now at 333 calls for Dratini and counting. If I get two Dragonair on the first two hunts, I'll have to hunt a third time for Dratini. If at least one of the first two is a Dratini, I can bring over my shiny Dragonair from Gold VC to complete the line.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny dusclops in the friend safari. Female, lax, mischievous, and has Pressure. Not fond of this shade of red though.

330 eggs and counting for licktung. Would have more hatched, but the arch tempered Kulve Taroth siege is active in Monster Hunter: World for this week so I'm probably going to be farming it a lot.

Seel shone at the 5th attempt of sos chaining it~

Next target's gonna be Smoochum. One of the few kanto sos chain ones I can still do (well it's johto but its evo isn't). Most others are gonna be MM.

TheMaster327

That's a shiny Dratini after 541 SOS calls! This is good as I can bring over Dragonair from Gold VC so I only need to hunt one more of these!
20190316_124102.jpg

EDIT: And there's a shiny Dragonair after only 43 SOS calls! Will have to judge which will be Dragonite in a bit.
20190316_143124.jpg

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Found a Shiny Shuppet on X in a Ghost safari, moved to a Ground safari with Sandshrew and Marowak now.

Giving up on the Drowzee hunt for now.

Going to move on and start SR'ing for Mewtwo instead.

Good luck to everyone on their current hunts and congrats on recent shinies!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny lampent in the friend safari. Finally. Wish I'd gotten it before dusclops, though, so I could have left this safari without the ugly red thing...

Male, gentle nature, and likes to thrash about, with Flash Fire.

I'm going to move over to a grass safari now, and since I'm done with Kulve Taroth for the day I'm going to switch back to Ultra Sun and hatch some more eggs.

At first I went on a shiny Smoochum hunt. But after being frozen, paralyzed and confused in three consecutive turns I figured sos hunting this thing might be even more bothersome than MM'ing it, or horde hunting it in gen 6.

So I went on a Staryu sos hunt instead. Took a couple of days and a few tries but Staryu just shone silver and blue right now.

Keeping with the kanto themed sos hunts, I don't have much options left. Only Igglybuff, Magby and Munchlax remain. I think I'll try for Munchlax or Magby first.

Xionea

Half a centaur
l5m17ej.jpg

I haven't shiny hunt in years, after I graduated high school I lost a lot of motivation to hunt for shinies anymore. It's a big time sink that I didn't want to dedicate time to when I could be doing other stuff. Maybe a week ago I had a huge urge to pick up a shiny hunt again. I figured I could search for one while I worked on catching up to the Pokemon anime which I've been falling behind on lately. My shiny of choice was a shiny Nihilego, one of my favorite Pokemon introduced in Gen VII. I really wanted to go for something big, like a legendary, but since I've caught them all in USUM, an Ultra Beast is the next rarest thing. I wasn't expecting anything, I told myself not to get my hopes high since I'm doing this on full odds, no shiny charm, plus I only planned to do this while watching the Pokemon anime so if I caught up, then I'd stop.

6 episodes later, far less than 1000 encounters (I definitely did some SRing outside of the anime), and my shiny yellow Nihilego showed up! I'm geeking out because I haven't seen a legit full odds shiny Pokemon in like... who knows how long. Most of my shinies have been from Masuda Method, Friend Safari, USUM Worm Holes, horde encounters, anything that really bumped up the odds (with a shiny charm too). To actually find a full odds shiny of an UB I had to SR for, it's a really exciting feeling to see a real shiny.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny petilil in the friend safari. Female, adamant nature and alert to sounds, with her HA, Leaf Guard. Will send her forward and evolve her in Ultra Sun.

810 eggs for lickitung and counting.

Turns out Magby has fire spin and Munchlax has leftovers always and I really don't feel like hunting anything annoying atm.

So I decided to hunt for some Alola mons. I'm sick and can't go to work for a couple of days. So today was mostly watching anime and sos hunting while doing so.

And with some nice results, caught a shiny Pikipek really early during its hunt this morning, then a shiny Grubbin in the early evening (which took a while and a few attempts) and a shiny Crabrawler about half an hour ago.

Might continue tomorrow with Rockruff or maybe Carbink (which I once tried to hunt in Pokemon Y but didn't succeed). Kinda tired of shiny hunting for today though, maybe I'll start evolving the lot I caught. Didn't even evolve that MM Rhyhorn from back then.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Found and caught a shiny Murkrow in Pokemon Go. Talk about a surprise!

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Bunch of Shiny Treecko in GO from the comm day event. Woo. A pity I do not like Sceptile's shiny.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
MM-ing for Shiny Alolan Grimer right now, the parent has HA so hopefully I get a HA one. It has been a long time since the last time I got a HA shiny.

Also trying to get a Shiny Exeggcute to be evolved into Shiny Alolan Exeggutor. I initially planned to horde hunt in X, but the chance for Exeggcute horde seems to be low, so maybe I'll SOS hunt in Moon or Ultra Sun instead. Still not sure whether I want to hunt Exeggcute on Gen 6 or Gen 7, but it's something I'm planning to do once in a while when I'm getting bored of hatching Grimer eggs.

I decided going for Rockruff since yesterday and this was quite a long sos hunt. I did two failed attempts yesterday and today stayed in the same battle from morning till evening till it finally shone an hour or 2 ago. Was probably the longest hunt in one battle I've done. I know the shiny chance resets after 255 but still.

I also got myself a Pangoro with Scrappy since I want to go for Sandygast next. Might try for some other ghost types like Drifloon, Misdreavus or Phantump later too now that I've got this guy.

I also forgot to mention I got a shiny Buneary from SOS hunting on friday. It turned out to be male though, which is a bit of a shame but I'm happy with it despite that.

Just use Trick and give the caller Munchlax a Leppa Berry. No more Lefties for that. Then Skill Swap Harvest on it and you're set.

Approaching 7,500 Mewtwo now.
Thanks for the tip ^^

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny tangela in the friend safari. Female, quirky nature, mischievous, and has Leaf Guard.

Lickitung really does not want to shine. 1,650 eggs and counting

Edit: Shiny ivysaur from the same safari. Male, jolly nature and alert to sounds, with Overgrow.

Going to try for another one... Then one will be evolved and the other will stay an ivysaur because I love the yellow tulip in its second stage.

Edit #2: Second shiny ivysaur. Another male, calm nature and mischievous, again with Overgrow. This one will be staying an ivysaur.

Changing safaris now.

Edit #3: Shiny toxicroak from the poison safari I moved to. Male again, bold nature and capable of taking hits, with Poison Touch. Very nice shade of blue.

Edit #4: Second shiny toxicroak. Male, modest nature and somewhat vain, with Poison Touch. Will be traded once I get it back to US

Last edited: