• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Trapinch gives up and hatches blue-green for me at 1,323 eggs! Not my longest egg hunt, but long enough to be irritating.

Female, everstoned Jolly and somewhat vain, with Arena Trap. And she is 5IVs perfect. Will be an awesome flygon once trained and evolved.

As a change from the egg grind, I'm going to go to Lush Jungle and SR the moving dark spot in the grass. Target is steenee.

Edit: Shiny passimian after 2,314 SRs. It figures I'd get the rarer one first...

Female, docile nature and likes to relax, with Receiver. I have a shiny passimian that I bred out already, though, so this one will go into my trade box for later. And then I will be going back, because I want that steenee. Need it and tsareena for my dex.

Last edited:
Found a shiny Drifblim in the friend safari. Then switched to another ghost safari that only has Shuppet and Phantump since I don't need another shiny Drifblim.

Ended up finding a shiny Shuppet there, it's gonna stay unevolved for my living dex since I already have Banette shiny. Going to continue this hunt until I find a shiny Phantump though.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I love Ponyta's blue flames. Rapidash should have kept the blue... or that line should have stayed with the original ponyta having grey flames and rapidash having blue flames. I have shiny ponytas but refuse to evolve them

Up to 752 SRs for steenee... I actually found it 14 resets after getting passimian, but when I switched in my magnemite (can't use spore on steenee b/c it's a grass type) I hit Thundershock by accident instead of Thunder Wave. Steenee was higher level than my magnemite so it could have killed it with one hit, but the damn thing used Sweet Scent instead of attacking >.< Now it's gonna take me several thousand SRs to find it again

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I actually like the grey flames on Rapidash

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Finally got my shiny steenee at 3,314 SRs. She did make me work for that reclaim.

Female, brave nature and strongly defiant, with Oblivious.

I have the partner cap pikachu available; I may SR that next. Or I may breed for elgyem.

It took quite a while but I finally encountered a shiny Phantump in the friend safari.

Next target's Pumpkaboo in a safari that has Lampent, Pumpkaboo and Dusclops. I already have a shiny Dusknoir but a Dusclops wouldn't be terrible either for my living dex. Don't have either Lampent or Chandelure shiny so a shiny Lampent would be a nice bonus~

Edit: Pumpkaboo shone after only half an hour, really didn't expect that xD

Next target's Bergmite then. This safari has Snorunt, Bergmite and Cloyster. I already have a shiny Cloyster but Snorunt would be really nice too since I don't have Glalie nor Froslass shiny.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I caught a shiny piloswine in the friend safari while hauling my father around this afternoon (I spent a lot of time sitting and waiting in parking lots). Male, hardy nature and mischievous, with Thick Fat, its hidden ability.

Partner cap pikachu is at 526 SRs.

bigdaddy95

Just chained fished a shiny seaking as well as catching a shiny donphan and hypno in less than 4 hours with a dexnav search level of 154 and 49 of the latter two, respectively (thinking about purchasing a couple of lottery tickets with this luck). I feel like I'm cheating when I shiny hunt in ORAS lol...

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Back to hunting Eevee at the Friend Safari in Y and I found and caught two more shiny Dunsparce, one of each on two consecutive days, which was yesterday and today. Still yet to find the shiny Eevee there.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I've been playing Platinum version in the hopes of finding a Shiny via chaining and so far I haven't made much progress even though it's been almost a week since I began this hunt. I was hoping to find at least one Shiny at Route 228 by now since I once found two Shiny Noctus (Cacturne) using this method in just a short period of time a few years ago, but I haven't had much luck.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny partner cap pikachu after only 1,165 SRs! Woot!

That actually didn't take too long. It's hardy (fixed nature) and has Static. The usual stuff for this pikachu.

Back to hatching. Target is elgyem, followed by golett

Edit: Uhm... okay. Shiny elgyem after 219 SOS calls. I'd just been looking for an elgyem with its hidden ability (I don't even know if the HA is available through SOS; the main Serebii site just says "available through transfer" but don't all SOS 'mons have the chance of getting their hidden ability?) and it turned into a full-on SOS hunt.

Gonna see if I have something with the move Skill Swap and go back to see if I can get a HA elgyem from SOS, just to have one.

Shiny elgyem is female, relaxed nature and likes to thrash about, with Telepathy. Gonna evolve her for my 'dex, then move on to breeding for golett

Last edited:
Still in my Ice friend safari.
Snorunt just shone, it's male so it'll obviously is gonna be a Glalie, which is nice. I'll keep trying till I find a shiny Bergmite and hopefully a female shiny Snorunt for a Froslass.

I also found 2 more shiny Cloyster that are going to the shiny spares box on bank.

I was prepared over two months in advance for hunting Riolu for Safari Week. No yellow Riolu, but I did successfully catch a Shiny Wooper for my first phase just a little over two hours into my hunt.

Moving on to the second phase now, but I'm really happy to get a Shiny this early.

image0.jpg
[/hide]

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny klefki in the friend safari. Female, impish nature and mischievous, with Magician, which is the hidden ability. I really like this shiny and will be adding it to my collection in US.

Currently at 150 eggs for golett

Edit: Caught a shiny klang. Brave nature and likes to thrash about, with Clear Body. Second HA safari shiny I've gotten in a row

Edit #2: Second shiny klang. This one is also brave nature and likes to thrash about, but it has the ability Minus. This one will be sent into Wonder Trade later

Edit #3: Shiny golett after 329 eggs. Nice quick egg hunt.

Golett is adamant nature and somewhat vain, with Iron Fist. 5IVs missing Speed, but its speed isn't great to begin with so meh.

Next on the menu is chinchou, followed by larvitar to finish up the Akala dex.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Chained a Shiny Fomantis in just under an hour on Sun:
TgX3nQ5.jpg
Don't mind all the polarized light the camera picked up. . . or the pokerus it contracted when I was reckless in spreading it to some wonder trade fodder.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Funny, it starts looking like an actual plant as a shiny

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Back with another Friend Safari shiny, but this time it's not Dunsparce! Found a shiny Loudred in the same Friend Safari on my second encounter of the day.

ksD2FCF.png

s49FrBZ

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Back with another Friend Safari shiny, but this time it's not Dunsparce! Found a shiny Loudred in the same Friend Safari on my second encounter of the day.

ksD2FCF.png

s49FrBZ
Nice catch! I'm back at work trying to soft reset for a shiny Turtwig in Pokémon Platinum and a shiny Cyndaquil in Pokémon Silver. Not giving up.