• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I was trying to catch my LG up to my FR, and while trying to find a male nidoran before going through Mt. Moon last night, I found another shiny Spearow. Not sure that I will count it toward my shiny badge quest since I got Spearow in FR. I wish it had been any other shiny on Route 3 lol. It has a bold nature, no nickname for now. FR is currently saved in front of the Eevee in Celadon; I started soft resetting for that last week.

Good luck on your hunts!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny minior after 371 eggs! I love this shiny :D

Everstoned adamant and somewhat vain, with Shields Down, and it's 5IVs perfect. Hatched in a moon ball.

Dhelmise is up next ^_^

Edit: Shiny yungoos after 529 SOS calls. Oi...

I started that SOS hunt after finishing a box of eggs yesterday, figured it'd be a quick hunt just to kill some time. But nope. Bugger decided to be stubborn.

Female, hasty nature and likes to thrash about, with Stakeout. Gonna evolve it and then go back to hatching eggs.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Shiny minior after 371 eggs! I love this shiny :D

Everstoned adamant and somewhat vain, with Shields Down, and it's 5IVs perfect. Hatched in a moon ball.

Lucky you. It took me more than 1300 eggs for mine, definitely my second longest MM hunt lol

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Another shiny illumise from the friend safari. This one's timid nature and takes plenty of siestas, with Tinted Lens.

Dhelmise is at 660 eggs and counting

Edit: Shiny female combee from the friend safari. Jolly nature and alert to sounds, with Hustle, its HA. Very pleased. I'll be sending her to US and evolving her to vespiquen

Edit #2: Shiny dhelmise after 695 eggs!

I actually could have had it much sooner, but for whatever reason I hit the save button without thinking while I had two unhatched eggs in my party. I don't even remember actually doing it... I just looked down and the game was on the save screen with two unhatched eggs XP And one of those eggs was shiny. So I have a spare shiny 'karp in my WT box and had to hatch another 100+ eggs to get dhelmise.

Dhelmise is everstoned adamant and capable of taking hits, with Steelworker, and is 5IVs perfect.

I think I may breed for turtonator next (though I'm not the fondest of its shiny). If the next shiny 'karp is a male I'm going to switch in my frillish and get the shiny male frillish I've been wanting first, though

Edit #3: Shiny cutiefly after 189 SOS calls. That wasn't too bad.

Cutiefly is female, hardy nature and likes to thrash about, with Shield Dust. 4IVs missing DEF and SpDEF. I'm quite happy. Gonna get her evolved, then get back to egg hatching.

Frillish/turtonator are at 240 eggs and counting.

Edit #4: Shiny female pyroar from the friend safari. I was cute charming for a male >.<

Naughty nature, takes plenty of siestas, and has rivalry. She'll go into my shiny box in US.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hatched a shiny Eevee in Omega Ruby using the Masuda Method in less than 200 Eggs! One down, eight more to go.
6gyDUBN.png

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny male frillish after 419 eggs. Not bad.

Everstoned modest, alert to sounds, and has Water Absorb. 4IVs missing HP and ATK. Never meant to use it in battle though.

I'm going to continue counting up for turtonator. Can't be bothered to reset the count.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Within a chain of 30, I tried chain fishing for the first time in Y and got 4 shiny Poliwags!

uLrRzFq.jpg

lEOKxmK.jpg

W4xOQFd.jpg

dETsMNe.jpg

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny male pyroar from the friend safari. He's brave nature (fitting) and somewhat vain, with his HA, Moxie. I'm quite happy with him.

Turtonator is at 480 eggs and counting.

Edit: Shiny turtonator after 622 eggs, and omg that brown is uglier than I thought it would be. That is not a good color for a shiny or even a regular pokemon.

Female, everstoned timid, and capable of taking hits. 4IVs, missing HP and ATK. Not that the attack stat matters much. Hatched in a level ball.

I'm going to prepare a pair of ralts to breed out gardevoir and gallade... I've never had shiny mega either

Edit #2: Shiny mareanie after only 180 eggs. Yes, I was breeding for gardevoir/gallade, but I want gallade to have its HA and the shiny 'karp hatched HA and female. I do not want the HA on gardevoir, but gallade can only be male, so instead I grabbed something else that I had that was HA and ready to breed and that happened to be a Regenerator mareanie.

Mareanie is bold nature and somewhat vain, with Regenerator. She is 5IVs perfect, with all four available egg moves (haze, swallow, stockpile, and spit up). Would be an uber-tier according to Smogon if I were at all inclined to battle competitively.

Back to ralts. Not bothering to reset the count.

Edit #3: Shiny ralts #1 after 569 eggs. That wasn't too bad.

Male and non-HA (male gardevoir. good thing I'm not too fussed about gender lol), everstoned Timid and mischievous, with Trace. 4IVs, missing HP and ATK.

The count continues for the second ralts, hopefully male and HA. Shiny 'karps that hatch female/HA, female/non-HA, or male/non-HA will be used to breed other 'mons from my breeding box.

Edit #4: Uhm... I was leveling ralts in order to evolve it over in Poni Plains and I found a random shiny miltank. Fortunately, I still had my False Swipe absol in my party. Did not have anything to sleep/paralyze it with, but I popped a Roto Catch and caught it in the first dive ball.

Miltank is female (duh), careful nature and with good perseverance, with Scrappy and holding a moomoo milk. Named her Hathor after the ancient Egyptian goddess frequently depicted as a cow

Last edited:

mastero2101@yahoo.com

keeper of elements
I'm looking to shiny hunt in some freind safaris I could use some freind
My fc is 1822-5301-2093

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I'm looking to shiny hunt in some freind safaris I could use some freind
My fc is 1822-5301-2093
I highly recommend the Friend Safari Reddit. People are constantly looking to trade friend codes and schedule times to be online at the same time. I used it to find people with exactly the right combinations to have every safari available in as few friends as possible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/friendsafari/

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Congrats on all the fantastic shiny Pokemon! Not posted here in,... well, a long while, but my own hunting has been good. Not sure what to hunt next though...

* Soft Resetting for a Shiny Mesprit in UltraSun
* Hatch Shiny Trubbish in UltraMoon
* SOS hunt for a Shiny Miltank in Moon
* Chain Fishing for a Qwilfish in X/Y
* Friend Safari random hunt
* VC Gold Hatching for a Shiny Qwilfish
* VC Crystal for a Shiny Celibi

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Back to back shiny Drapion and Medicham from Wormholes in Ultra Sun!

RTPYntr.jpg

kVC9d5s.jpg

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny drampa after 893 eggs. The shiny 'karp hatched male but non-HA, so I switched in my drampa and hatched that shiny instead.

Drampa is male, modest nature and capable of taking hits, with Berserk. 5IVs missing SpDEF. Also has Play Rough, Dragon Rush, and Hurricane as egg moves and hatched in a beast ball.

The male, HA ralts hunt continues

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Back to back shiny Drapion and Medicham from Wormholes in Ultra Sun!

RTPYntr.jpg

kVC9d5s.jpg

I feel Gamefreak done dirty to shiny Drapion upon the move to 3D. Gen IV and Gen V Drapion had an obvious red color change as a shiny. Gen VI and VII shiny Drapion comes off as a merely lighter shade of purple with some red. Medicham still remains cool

ArcanineRaichu77

Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and BVB fan~
Hey guys, long time no chat! Congrats on all those lovely shines, especially the ones with 1/8912 odds! Since I've been away I've gotten eight shinies and lost one, sadly :( but I don't wanna pic spam the thread, so would you guys like to see my firered shinies or my leafgreen shinies? :)

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
Hey everyone, I've been trying to shiny breed in Crystal using the shiny Gyarados and an Ekans but I have questions. When is an egg's shininess determined? Can I save in front of the Daycare Man and reset every time I don't get the shiny?

Lemonski

I've recently done some shiny hunting in Let's Go Eevee and managed to find and catch two shinies, Snorlax and Rhyhorn. I was building a catch combo with Rhyhorn in both instances, and also ended up with a couple of non-shiny Rhyhorn with almost perfect stats.

At some point I was also trying to make a catch combo of Lickitung for shiny hunting, but that didn't go well.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Hey guys, long time no chat! Congrats on all those lovely shines, especially the ones with 1/8912 odds! Since I've been away I've gotten eight shinies and lost one, sadly :( but I don't wanna pic spam the thread, so would you guys like to see my firered shinies or my leafgreen shinies? :)
I say use a spoiler tag and post as many pics as you want. I love shiny posts with pictures!

Hey everyone, I've been trying to shiny breed in Crystal using the shiny Gyarados and an Ekans but I have questions. When is an egg's shininess determined? Can I save in front of the Daycare Man and reset every time I don't get the shiny?
I'm not 100% on this, but I think as long as you're saving before he has an egg, the eggs will be randomly generated and you don't have to worry about hatching the same thing over and over.

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I say use a spoiler tag and post as many pics as you want. I love shiny posts with pictures!

I'm not 100% on this, but I think as long as you're saving before he has an egg, the eggs will be randomly generated and you don't have to worry about hatching the same thing over and over.

I'm saved in the yard, in front of him after he has an egg and SR when it's not shiny to collect an egg again because it can take forever for him to have an egg. If it's generated when he appears in the yard and not when I accept the egg, I'll have to change my strategy. Thanks!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I'm saved in the yard, in front of him after he has an egg and SR when it's not shiny to collect an egg again because it can take forever for him to have an egg. If it's generated when he appears in the yard and not when I accept the egg, I'll have to change my strategy. Thanks!

If you saved after he has an egg and you're hatching the same egg over and over again, it's never going to be shiny because the contents are already determined. You have to save before he has an egg if you want to get a shiny. That way it's a different egg every time.