• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

RedJirachi

Veteran member
If I use Pressure in SOS while I've done the Harvest/Skill Swap strategy(my opponent has Harvest and a Leppa Berry), will Pressure ruin it or are they able to continue regenerating the Leppa/PP indefinitely?

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny male, HA ralts after 1,451 eggs! And 5 phases...

He's jolly and likes to thrash about, with Telepathy. 5IVs missing DEF, but it's only a hair away from being perfect so I think it's still pretty dang good. He'll be a beast mega gallade.

I'm going to work on a shiny torchic next... I have a Speed Boost torchic from the event handout in XY, and I got a Japanese male dream ball torchic (non-HA) from WT a while back. Since now the ball can be legitimately passed down, I want a shiny HA dream ball blaziken.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Started SOS shiny hunting. So far, I have managed to get a golden Sableye and blue Corsola

xKatie0391

It's been a long 4-5 year hiatus, but I've recently started shiny hunting again!

At the moment I'm switching between Mudkip on Sapphire, Eevee on SS and Bulbasaur on LG. Hoping something shines soon.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Been working on a shiny Chansey hunt in X version, and the hunt just ended. Finally ran into and caught one. :)

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny bronzong from a steel safari. Careful nature and alert to sounds, with its HA, Heavy Metal. Will be sending it to US eventually.

120 eggs for torchic

Edit: Second shiny bronzong. This one is quirky nature and somewhat vain, again with the HA, Heavy Metal. This one will go into winder trade once it gets transferred to US.

Also caught a shiny skarmory. Female, rash nature and somewhat vain, with Weak Armor, also its hidden ability. I seem to be getting lucky with HAs at the moment

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I have nearly finished the story in my Legacy playthrough of FireRed. My Pokedex is at 141/151 (only 146/386 for national so far). I saved most of the gift and overworld encounter pokemon for shiny hunts. I'm currently working through the Sevii Islands, but I paused story progress to do some Moltres hunting, and am about 70 SR's in. I plan to shiny hunt all of the legendary pokemon, Eevee, Snorlax, Lapras, and possibly Aerodactyl and Hitmonlee.

So far Charizard and Fearow are the only shinies I have found during the playthrough, but after more than 500 in-game hours hunting for Nidoran only to find the Spearow, I just wanted to focus on story progression and completing the dex for a while. In addition to the list above, I would like to shiny hunt for Nidoran-M, Horsea, and Gastly to round out my Legacy team.

Good Luck on your hunts!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I have finally managed to SOS a shiny Carbink, who I have dubbed Koh-I-Noor. Partly to level my equipped Smeargle, I am now going after some hard targets so it's smooth sailing afterwards. I shall be going after Dhelmise

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Got a shiny Pidgeotto in Let’s Go Eevee last night. Now it’s candied and leveled up into a beautiful shiny Mega Pidgeot named SuperSaiyan3 :)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Dhelmise was so painful to get it to call I gave up and honestly think SR fishing is faster. Instead, I decided to go after Yungoos. I got my purple Yungoos and named her Melania because its a trophy

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny mudbray after 899 eggs.

Again, this was a case of the shiny hatching without the ability I wanted. So I put in mudbray instead of torchic. Male, adamant nature and alert to sounds, with Stamina. He's 5IVs perfect and hatched in a heavy ball.

Continuing the count for torchic.

I'm not in any sort of Shiny Hunt in any of my Pokemon games. I only usually use Ultra Sun for shines. Have a shiny Magikarp/Gyarados/M-Gyarados, Yungoos, Roggenrola/Boldore/Gigalith, Sygilith, Swanna, 2 Barbaracle, Nuzleaf, Azumarill, Altaria, Abomasnow, Crustle, Swellow, Heliolisk, Zygarde, Poipole, and a Paras. I also used to use Pokemon Sun for shines. I have shiny Magikarp/Gyarados/M-Gyarados, Fomantis/Lurantus, Sneasel, Miltank, Floatzel, Zygarde, and Tapu Koko. I have 2 shinies in AS which are Whismur/Loudred/Exploud and Doduo/Dodrio. No shinies in my Y. And have 1 caught and 1 accidental kill shiny in Black which the one I caught was a Ferroseed and the one that died was a Raticate. Right now I'm thinking of either SR Rayquaza in US next or finding a shiny Corphish. Also, I only usually use the Call for Help and the Ultra Wormhole methods. I also use RE for shinies.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Gotten into SRing fossil Pokemon. So far, I have Kabuto green

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
I'm not in any sort of Shiny Hunt in any of my Pokemon games. I only usually use Ultra Sun for shines. Have a shiny Magikarp/Gyarados/M-Gyarados, Yungoos, Roggenrola/Boldore/Gigalith, Sygilith, Swanna, 2 Barbaracle, Nuzleaf, Azumarill, Altaria, Abomasnow, Crustle, Swellow, Heliolisk, Zygarde, Poipole, and a Paras. I also used to use Pokemon Sun for shines. I have shiny Magikarp/Gyarados/M-Gyarados, Fomantis/Lurantus, Sneasel, Miltank, Floatzel, Zygarde, and Tapu Koko. I have 2 shinies in AS which are Whismur/Loudred/Exploud and Doduo/Dodrio. No shinies in my Y. And have 1 caught and 1 accidental kill shiny in Black which the one I caught was a Ferroseed and the one that died was a Raticate. Right now I'm thinking of either SR Rayquaza in US next or finding a shiny Corphish. Also, I only usually use the Call for Help and the Ultra Wormhole methods. I also use RE for shinies.
I caught a shiny Rayquaza in 36 soft resets in USUM which is lucky if you ask me.

Last edited:
I think I caught a shiny Rayquaza between 30 and 40 soft resets in either Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon, but can’t exactly remember.
Wow, that's kinda short to how long I've seen some SRs. I'm wondering did you have a shiny charm at the time?

xKatie0391

I finally got my shiny badge quest no. 5, shiny Eevee!! It appeared yesterday morning, doing some SRs before work. It's a reclaim as I SR'd over one years ago, before my long hiatus. Images inside spoiler

rlBgweQ.jpg

FNIFq7K.jpg

Now I can finally make some progress!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny wishiwashi after 1,596 eggs, because, yet again, the shiny 'karp hatched with the wrong ability *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

Female, everstoned quiet, and likes to thrash about, with Schooling. 5IVs missing HP.

Back to the hatching...

jssr903

Hi people! I'm just coming back to Pokemon after a long hiatus. I've been shiny hunting on Let's Go and having lots of success with chaining! I've caught 4 shiny Pidgeys (one is now a level 98 Pidgeot) 2 shiny Vulpix, a shiny Pikachu, a shiny Bellsprout, shiny Caterpie, shiny Weedle, shiny Psyduck, shiny Doduo and Dodrio, Shiny Chansey, shiny Poliwag, and 2 shiny Ponytas.

Right now I'm hunting Eevees, and I want enough for all it's evolutions in SwSh. I found one a few days ago, and got another one a little bit ago and decided to take a break. I came back and found another one, but it ran away!! I almost had 3! So much for my good luck.

Hope all your hunts are going well!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Ugh, I'm getting so tired of this SR chimchar hunt in Platinum, it's been going on forever. I"m going on a road trip to Minnesota over the next three days, folks, so give me all the good vibes so I can finally see the red monkey.

xKatie0391

Shiny badge quest number 6, shiny Flaafy!! Got it yesterday morning, before work again, was only my 3rd encounter of the morning. Hadn't tracked encounters for it, but it took approx 3-4 hours since starting. And it was what I was hoping for, either that or a Mareep.

Pics in spoiler tag

SDHZPkY.jpg

LrECnAj.jpg

fL5YTwZ.jpg

Will train her up, defeat Jasmine. Also need to think of a nickname. Then I'm not sure what to hunt for my 7th one