• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Baggie_Saiyan

Finally got the Shiny Nickit! Almost 700eggs so full Masuda odds. It's so adorable! Shiny looks better in game too and also it got Unburden! I named it Pablo like I do all my Nickits. Shoutout to anyone in the UK that gets that nickname reference!

20191217-233507-01.jpg

20191217-235137-01.jpg

20191217-234952-01.jpg

I hatched a second Milcery to keep for myself. I accidentally exited out of the hatching screen before I took a pic, but I got her summary screen.

image0.jpg

I'm going to name her Creme. I've been trying to find a Ribbon Sweet while I was looking for my second, but RNG wasn't exactly in my favor there. So eh, I'll just use a Strawberry Sweet, since I'm keeping my Clover one in case my boyfriend prefers that over Strawberry for his Milcery.

I'm going back to Wooloo. Here's to hoping I can get it.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I got a shiny mudkip in Pokemon Go this week, I was thrilled. ^_^

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
Wow, was breeding for Applin for awhile, stopped and decided to breed for Scorbunny instead. I wanted a Jolly one as well but forgot the everstone, so I pulled my Cinderace out after the 1 egg and put it back, and was going to continue only for the shiny to hatch after the 1 egg. His stats are kind of a mess with 0 ivs in Attack but 3 perfect IVs in Defense, HP, and Speed. But I'm happy with him.

Drakonekoshi

The horrible luck continues!

I got the shiny charm a while ago, so you'd think that'd make things easier for me? nope, I'm 935 eggs counting for a shiny Dreepy and I'm absolutely baffled by how horrible my luck has been in this game? forgetting the the random shiny Skwovet I got, my last hunt, Chewtle, took 1,145 eggs, this is unreal.

EDIT: 1,000 eggs without a shiny, getting the shiny charm was a waste of time.

Last edited:
Before I started hunting for Sobble, I started a shiny Snom hunt instead.
343 eggs later a shiny one hatched, marking only my 4th shiny in gen 8. Sobble's gonna be the actual target now.

Drakonekoshi

After a WHOPPING 2,018 eggs, I FINALLY got my shiny Dreepy, I don't know what to name her but I'm so relieved that horrible hunt is over, here's hoping I have better luck in future hunts in this game because it's been really bad.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I went back to Let's Go Eevee for a night, the first time since my failed frustrating chain for shiny venonat. I sat around for about an hour in Viridian Forest waiting for something to pop up, and I ended up with a shiny caterpie. ^_^ It's my third (after Y and Pokemon Go), but a golden caterpie is still awesome to have.

Ghost94

I dusted off my Ultra Moon version to start prepping my future party for the Diamond and Pearl remakes and I didn’t realize it at first because the color differences are minimal, but I accidentally hatched shiny Piplup. I noticed it was shiny when I saw the red star on the PC. It had its hidden ability too, pretty cool.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Shiny Tentacool on Let's GO Eevee on a 31 chain for 2 and a half hours.
2019123021070400-5F25EBBAB5987964E56ADA5BBDDE9DF2.jpg

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Congrats to everyone on their Shinies since I last posted!

So, I started hunting Galarian Zigzagoon after getting my Sobble. I was too lazy to get-I mean I had to wait on my brother to loan me his Switch so I could trade over the Sableye I caught in Shield before I got my Shiny Charm, so it wasn't until 240 eggs that I had it. This hunt was a marathon and I was quickly getting bored. So, I started just encountering the Zigzagoon around the Nursery in the Wild Area. And, after 1354 eggs...

...one of the random ones I encountered turned out to be Shiny. I don't know if I've ever been simultaneously happy and annoyed at getting a Shiny I've been hunting.

I'm going to start doing encounters for Rolycoly now. I'm basically working towards getting a Shiny of every member of my first Sword team.

EDIT: I got a Shiny Magikarp via a raid. 4IV with Rattled. I promptly sent it off via Surprise Trade because I promised myself that I would. Got back a regular Magikarp with the same 4IVs and Rattled. I scared my puppies with how much I was laughing because it tickled me in just the right way.

Last edited:
Scorbunny shone after 347 eggs two days ago~
Been hunting Grookey since then, currently at around 540 eggs, no shiny so far but I'll keep breeding them

I've completely stopped with the chaining method this gen since it only works 3% of the time due to an oversight. I'm guessing I got pretty lucky with my first hunt Nickit back then but Rolycoly was probably more of a random encounter than a result of chaining. I sure do hope they'll patch this in the future.

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
Thought I’d do a couple of the Magikarp event max raids that have just gone live in Shield. Caught shiny HA on my second max raid battle with one. I believe the chances of finding a shiny are increased for the duration of the event. Happy hunting everyone :)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Got myself a square shiny Magikarp from the raid event in Sword!
2020010211390300-3C66B776DB1AA06323037049FACD96D3.jpg

2020010211413000-3C66B776DB1AA06323037049FACD96D3.jpg

Ghost94

Have a Shiny Magikarp raid available for the next couple of hours or so. If you want to join send me a PM. Its got Swift Swim and Adamant Nature.

Grookey shone after 926 eggs~
Didn't bother doing the shiny Magikarp thingy since I already have multiple shiny Gyarados and a shiny Magikarp in pokemon bank.

Started doing an Applin hunt, gonna try to get two of these so I can have both evolutions shiny. Which is probably gonna take a while.

Baggie_Saiyan

Joined a Ttar Raid and Dpult raid... both shiny and both caught :) although I still want to hatch a Shiny Dreepy since I have one in a Moon Ball.

Grookey shone after 926 eggs~
Didn't bother doing the shiny Magikarp thingy since I already have multiple shiny Gyarados and a shiny Magikarp in pokemon bank.

Started doing an Applin hunt, gonna try to get two of these so I can have both evolutions shiny. Which is probably gonna take a while.
Is your Applin also in a Friend Ball? Also Good luck! I recently got my Shiny Apple and also wanted two but took so long for the first wanted a break from hatching Applins lol so now tryna hatch the dopey bird.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I managed to get a shiny sneasel this week in Pokemon Go, which looks so awesome. I also managed to get a fresh new shiny, a doduo in Let's Go Eevee. I just stood around while I had the lure running and saw it run across the screen. ^_^ I'll go back for shiny venonat eventually, I still really want that blue-eyed beauty, but at least I'm trying to get back into Let's Go Eevee before I start Pokemon Sword (I'll get Let's Go Pikachu eventually, adulting is hard when you need money to eat and little to spare for luxuries).