• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Joined a Ttar Raid and Dpult raid... both shiny and both caught :) although I still want to hatch a Shiny Dreepy since I have one in a Moon Ball.

Is your Applin also in a Friend Ball? Also Good luck! I recently got my Shiny Apple and also wanted two but took so long for the first wanted a break from hatching Applins lol so now tryna hatch the dopey bird.
I'm afraid mine's in a regular poké ball. Hatched it after only 284 eggs, currently trying for a 2nd one

Good luck with your dopey bird as well xD

So I've been extremely unlucky with my Wooloo hunt so far, so I've was interspersing the hunt with short breaks by doing other hunts for a bit or taking breaks. Of course I caught any Shiny Magikarp I could get my hands on with the current event, but I had been also doing Combee whenever the weather is clear in Rolling Fields with my male Sylveon at the front of my party. And what do you know...

image0.jpg

Yep. I caught her in a Level Ball and named her Petal. I can't tell whether I should be happy or angry, but either way, this invigorated my hunt for Wooloo. Here's to hoping the streak of bad luck with that Pokemon specifically finally ends.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Shiny luck returns with a random square shiny Electrike at Route 4 while hunting for Milcery!

2020010521085700-3C66B776DB1AA06323037049FACD96D3.jpg

2020010521092600-3C66B776DB1AA06323037049FACD96D3.jpg

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
Oh my, I just got a full odds shiny Bellsprout on Pokémon Crystal. I was training, looked at the screen, and saw the gold leaves. I’m still in shock. I haven’t had a random wild shiny like this since White 2. Simply amazing. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Playing through Platinum while on a road trip and got a Shiny Geodude before I even got to the first gym. These are apparently common but I never got one so I like it. Too bad I don’t use Pokémon not introduced in that region as it has a Adamant Nature

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Playing through Platinum while on a road trip and got a Shiny Geodude before I even got to the first gym. These are apparently common but I never got one so I like it. Too bad I don’t use Pokémon not introduced in that region as it has a Adamant Nature
I caught two shiny Adamant Geodude in two different games. One was in Mt. Moon in Leaf Green and the other was in the tunnel that links to the ?/! Unown Chambers in Pearl (I believe it was Pearl).

2nd shiny Applin shone after 982 eggs, a lot more than the first one. Still need the evo item for this one though but I'm glad I've got two of these cause I love both Applin evolutions.

Next target's gonna be Combee~

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I got an ultra Shiny Snom in my second Sword game. Best part is this was the very first Snom I ever saw in that game. I caught her in a Luxury Ball and named her Shimmerfrost.

Baggie_Saiyan

Well I finally got a Mball. Got in a G Max Shiny Grimsnarl raid.... and clicked do not catch...

I feel sick... was 100% my fault wasn't paying attention. 2nd Shiny Gmax fail... first I Shiny Gengar got away and I forgot to get repeat balls but odds on that were slim anyway I believe so didn't feel as bad.

ArcanineRaichu77

Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and BVB fan~
Congrats to all the recent shinies~

I've been distracted by some good books and Spyro: Reignited Triology so I haven't hunted as much as I would have otherwise.

As for me I'm still plugging away for Lapras in Firered. I've wanted this shiny for years as Lapras is one of my favourite pokemon so I just knew it was gonna be a pain! I've been hunting it since November the 18th and it's now my second longest SR shiny: if it doesn't shine tonight it'll bring my total up to 26,000 srs. Will it surpass Chimchar's total of 27,326 srs to be my longest sr shiny? Only time will tell!

I've also dabbled a bit back into my White BQ. I've gone back and forth on a target but I've settled on Panpour. Luckily I found myself a Japanese Smeargle on the GTS so I'm able to MM it and breed Nasty Plot onto it. My female has 31 speed and I'm using a Power Anklet. If anyone has a foreign Panpour though, I'd love it, just to make egg production faster :) I'm using the hatch five sr method to save box space. Current egg count is a mere 240 eggs. As much as I love hunting in third gen and on my sps, it's nice to hunt again on my 3ds, especially since MM is my favourite method: I find it so relaxing.

As for my other hunts (Spheal, Sandshrew), sadly they haven't been touched in a while. I was also doing some srs for Oshawott on Black 2, I got to around 2k then decided I just wanted to play the game. Also I'd rather save Osha until I get Black for my Dream Team Quest, I may restart this in the future and go for Tepig instead. I've also done a few Torchic srs on a working Ruby, it's the last Hoenn trio starter I need but I'm not really too focused on that atm, it's been on and off whenever I feel like hunting it.

Here's my current hunts and totals for anyone who's interested:
Firered: Lapras: 25,6000 srs: Badge #6
White: Panpour: 240 eggs: Badge #5
Leafgreen: Sandshrew: 500 res: Badge #3
Sapphire: Spheal: 7,200 res: Badge #7
Ruby: Torchic: 500 srs: Badge #1

And finally, a question for you guys;
What's your longest soft reset shiny?
Mine is above :p

Thanks to anyone who read this long post! I just love to write haha.

Draknir

Fear the Deer

I actually had to look back to an old post of mine in this thread because it just hit 7 years a couple weeks ago, but my longest SR Shiny was a Shiny Charmander in LeafGreen. It took 7034 SRs. That being said, it's the only SR'd Shiny I've gotten at 1/8192.

I managed to get a Shiny Rolycoly after 1149 random encounters, and I realized as I was typing this that this is, in fact, a Birthday Shiny. I got to 500 battled in the dex since even a 3% chance of better odds is better than nothing.

I've decided my game plan for the next few Shinies:
Galarian Farfetch'd via Masuda Method (Going to start this soon)
Koffing via Random Encounters (Probably won't worry about getting to 500 battled but not committed either way yet)
Applin via Masuda Method
Rest of the Sobble, Zigzagoon, Rolycoly, and Applin families and a second Farfetch'd via Masuda Method (I already have a Shiny Koffing, so I won't worry about that)
Grookey and Scorbunny lines via Masuda Method

I never count my SR hunts. But my longest was probably Reshiram in Ultra Sun taking almost a month of SR'ing all day long

Fastest one was Terrakion shortly after which took only a bit over an hour.

Cyberra

pain in the ***

Of all things, Ledyba at the Berry Fields on route 7 in Y. Just shy of 28,000 resets. Most stubborn beetle ever

I'm only at 1,255 eggs for pyukumuku... Haven't been hunting at all for weeks. I've been busy with events in Borderlands 3 and Ark: Survival Evolved.

Quit my Combee hunt after 1100 eggs. The game updated and I'm afraid the glitch that makes you able to evolve male Combee won't work anymore, so I think my best chance is in gen 7 now with the swap technique.

I started MM'ing for Galarian Slowpoke instead now. I absolutely love its shiny color and I'll eventually need 2 of them anyways.

higorxd

Got a shiny galar slowpoke from breeding.
took me a while, but I managed to get one with good IVs thanks to my 6 IV ditto lol
i.imgur.com/Rczx98U.jpg
new acc, so I couldn't post the image, just the link above.

Last edited:
Got my first shiny Galarian Slowpoke after 401 eggs. Now gonna try for a 2nd one cause split evolutionary lines.

Love its golden color
EN7RzcRVUAAUUlg

I took another break from Wooloo to hunt Dreepy. On the third day, today, I managed to hatch this little man.

image0.jpg

I went on ahead and named him Uberman, since that was the original name of Superman ("It's a plane!"). I went on ahead to evolve him all the way to Dragapult, which took way less XP Candies than I thought it would. I'm going back to Wooloo, but I'm switching methods since doing wild encounters even at 500+ isn't working out.

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
My luck on crystal is crazy right now. Got a shiny Sunkern in the National Park while hunting and training. I just knew it’d be Sunkern instead of the Nidoran I was hoping for. Also hunting for Shiny Mewtwo in Gen 1, which is possible if it has the right stats when caught and traded to Gen 2 or Gen 7.

Baggie_Saiyan

Joined a Random G Max Zard raid was Shiny used that Mball that I would have used on Grimmsnarl so that worked out in the end.

Cramorant finally hatched close to probably 1000 eggs and then Slowpoke hatched in close to 70 eggs lol. Shiny hunting in a nuthsell that!

Joined a random G Max Sandaconda raid was shiny but no Mball and the ball shook once only. Kinda knew I wasn't gonna get it but oh well.

Now after shiny Barraskewda!

2nd shiny Galarian Slowpoke hatched after only 189 eggs~
Apparently, none of the glitches were fixed in the recent update. So I'll continue my Combee hunt that I left after 1100 eggs. If not for that glitch I wouldn't even attempt it before they fix the chaining method with its failed ratios (works only 3% of the times to even increase your odds). Cause I wouldn't want to hatch 1000+ eggs for a male one that wouldn't be able to evolve.