• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

I've just acquired another shiny! Been trying to complete my Emerald Pokédex for a while now and as I was surfing route 131 fighting random wild battles I came across a shiny Pelipper which I caught first time with a Repeat ball.

Cutty

Forever now
It's been a long time since I posted here.
Anyway I'm still alive n shiny hunting.
I got 8 shinies so far in my Shield game.
MM: Sinistea, Corsola & Koffing
RE: Rookidie, Vespiqueen (random), Rolycoly & Zigzagoon.

This is my last one:

I have 2 over the odd MM hunts I'm gonna wrap up next.

Congrats on new shinies.

Hatched a shiny female Combee yesterday after 1298 eggs including the ones before my Galarian Slowpoke hunts. Didn't expect it to be female.

Then started a Salandit hunt, which hatched shiny only after 183 eggs. This one was male though, so I used the evolution glitch to make it evolve into a Salandit since I really doubted luck would be as much as my side as it was with Combee's case again.

Now started with an Eiscue hunt. I kinda like this guy, I do have a thing for derpy looking pokémon.
EDIT: And a shiny already hatched after only 34 eggs. Which is probably one of my fastest MM hunts.

Galarian Farfetch'd is next~
Hatched after only 189 eggs

Went on a Toxel hunt afterwards which only took 132 eggs. Having some pretty crazy shiny luck with the MM the past few days.

Next target's Impidimp~

Last edited:

Draknir

Fear the Deer
I was able to get my Galarian Farfetch'd at 145 eggs. I noticed it straight away despite its very miniscule changes. I started going for Koffing via encounters but I got bored of that and am going to start hatching eggs.

I was able to get into a 5IV HA Shiny G-Max Centiskorch raid, which I used a Master Ball on. I had two extras from trades, so when better to use it. Also got into a Shiny Darumaka raid.

EDIT: I was just able to get in on a Shiny G-Max Charizard raid. 5IV HA as well.

EDIT2: I got in on a Shiny G-Max Alcremie as well. 5Iv too but not HA.

Last edited:
Impidimp shone after 312 eggs~
Currently trying for Hatenna, at 680 eggs so far but no shiny yet.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Now that things have slowed down in Borderlands 3 (at least for those of us without the new dlc) and Ark, I have picked up my pyukumuku hunt again. Though an upcoming festival in Monster Hunter World is probably going to derail me again... I'm at 1,830 eggs for the sea cucumber and it has clearly decided to be stubborn.

I also have four boxes of scatterbug eggs in Sun to whiff at TheMaster327's head at some point still

wobbanut

Team Awesome
FINALLY, after eight long endless months of near-constant (with some breaks here and there) SR hunting for chimchar in Platinum, I FINALLY got it this week. ^_^ It was the greatest relief to FINALLY be done with it and move on with the game. I'm now double-hunting Eterna Forest with Cheryl to see what I can find, hopefully bidoof, gastly, or budew, which I haven't had as shinies before. I'm just hoping it won't be another wurmple because I've had dozens of them from my shroomish horde hunt.

In other news, I got a fresh shiny in Pokemon Go this week too, a shiny natu. ^_^

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I evolved my ultra Shiny Snom Shimmerfrost into Frosmoth. She is so glorious and I can’t wait until Home is released so that I can transfer her into my main game!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Holy Arceus... just ran into and caught a Diamond shiny Gengar. :eek: Named her Diamond. Hoping the pricing is sane for Pokemon Home, because I'll be moving her there if it is.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Huh. I took a couple days break from hatching Koffing in Sword and came back to it this morning.

I've been sitting on a Shiny Koffing egg for five days now. Egg 217. She's now a Weezing since I already have a Shiny Koffing.

Going to switch to Applin now and I'm not going to stop until I get 3 for the full line.

Alright, so I took a break from Pokemon Sword in general, but I came back to take advantage of the Milcery raids.

And lo and behold.

image0.jpg

At least I can say I have a Gigantamax Shiny now, and I evolved her with the ribbon sweet. I've named her Butterscotch.

juiccbox

Idiot Extraordinaire
I’m trying to fill my shield Pokédex so I can start MMimg a dreepy, mimikyu, and maybe some other pokemon once i get to it

Here’s some previous shinies I’ve caught though

RE shinies
Pidove (BW2, literally in the first route)
Granbull (SM)
Lake of Rage Gyrados of course (HGSS)

MM shinies
Ralts (ORAS)
Charmander (XY)
Attempted Pichu in X, gave up cuz it’s shiny sucks anyways, started IV breeding instead

Shinies traded to me (I was a smooth talker on miiverse)
Ditto (BW2)
Arcanine (BW2)
Heracross (XY)
Gardevoir (XY)
Ditto (XY)
Suicune (XY)

Event shinies
Beldum (ORAS)
Xerneas (XY)
Yveltal (XY)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Alright, so I took a break from Pokemon Sword in general, but I came back to take advantage of the Milcery raids.

And lo and behold.

image0.jpg

At least I can say I have a Gigantamax Shiny now, and I evolved her with the ribbon sweet. I've named her Butterscotch.
Can you SR Dynamax Raids?

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
Since my last post I got a shiny Torchic in ORAS, decided to do what I’m calling a Hordelocke where I only catch Horde Pokemon but I choose the horde instead of it being the first one I find. So far I’ve hunted and found Shiny Ralts and Wurmple.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
And after 2,731 eggs, I finally get my shiny pyukumuku. It's not HA, but at this point I don't really care. Male, Bold nature and mischievous, with Innards Out and 5IV perfect.

Going for either munna or spiritomb next.