• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I don't know exactly what statement it makes that my first two shinies in Gen 8 are Pikachu (from a raid, now Raichu) and Charmander (hatched, now Charizard) but I thought it was noteworthy :)

Both have been maxed out in special attack and speed. My burnt orange Raichu is nicknamed Narquelion, an early Tolkien word for Autumn. Black Charizard is nicknamed Toothless which I'm surprised isn't a more popular nickname for this shiny. With the heavy duty boots on it to compensate for its Stealth Rock weakness, maybe Leon knows what he's talking about after all.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I was just grinding in Shield's Lake of Outrage and out of nowhere I encounter a shiny Seismitoad. I didn't even encounter more than 50, this is full odds random

Oh wow I haven't posted here for quite a while. I've got quite some shinies from MM'ing in the meantime. I'm trying to get all possible gen 8 pokemon shiny now (counting only final evos, the fossils are gonna take quite a while cause those rely on resets so I might postpone those 4).

Anyways here's screenshots of the shinies I got the past month (basically been hunting every day)
EQhXkYWUUAAT8EB

EQhXkYXUUAEapaT

EQhXkYWUEAAFVDX

EQhXkYRUwAAP5yX

EQhXtpjU4AA6k7B

EQhXtpcU4AA9Fv6

EQhXtpaVAAEixeK

EQhXtpoU8AA-xMR

EQhX6m6U0AAHGBk

EQhX6m_U8AAc9Uo

EQhX6m4UEAAo_YN

EQhX6m4U4AUf5p_

EQhYJRNUEAAKOQ_

EQhYJQ9UcAAZmh7

EQhYJRGU4AEt5lG

EQhYJRLVAAU6X5M

EQhYQTuVAAArrPE

Got really lucky with quite a few of them, hatching after less than 300 eggs. A few others like Arrokuda and Duraludon took over 1000 though. Clobbopus was probably the shortest, hatching after less than 30 eggs.

I'm currently trying for Rookidee. The only breedable end evolutions I still need of gen 8 are Greedent, Corviknight, Orbeetle, Eldegoss, Boltund, Polteageist, Pincurchin, Stonjourner, Indeedee, Morpeko, Mr. Rime and Copperajah, so I'm starting to close in.

Drakonekoshi

A while back I was doing so raids and got a shiny G-Max Snorlax, I named her Almond and she's Calm nature, a fantastic nature for a Snorlax, I EV and Hyper Trained her up and gave her some new moves and now she's ready for serious battles!

....However...Continuing with the the cycle of Random Normal type shiny and then a horrendously long hunt, once again Shield is being a complete nightmare for me, first it took me 1,000+ eggs for Chewtle ( I can't remember the exact number for some reason ) then 2,018 eggs for my shiny Dreepy, and now i'm 1,004 eggs in for a shiny Applin, sigh..

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny Regigigas after 2,746 SRs! That didn't take long... actually found him while waiting for mom to get off work so we could go out to dinner.

I was syncing for Adamant but he came out Serious, which isn't too bad. Have not unlocked the IV judge in Ultra Moon yet so that'll be waiting until I get him back to Ultra Sun.

Currently running the wormholes looking for latias. In the process I have found a shiny crustle, a shiny stunfisk, and a shiny swellow. Swellow is a new one but the other two are duplicates and will be wonder traded in the future.

150 eggs for munna. On hold till after I get latias.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Just a few weeks after finally getting my shiny chimchar in Platinum, now I finally got the shiny Chimchar in Pokemon Go that I never got in the community day a few months ago, LOL. (Now if I can just get a shiny trapinch, or any shiny in a community day T_T ). Also, I got a shiny female hippopotas in the game. ^_^

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Got a shiny Squirtle from my first egg in Shield version. Got it via foreign language Wartortle and an English Ditto. Was just trying to get a regular one for Pokemon Home's GTS.

Last edited:

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Congrats to everyone since I last posted!

Since my last post, I've been hatching Applin on and off. Only at 330 because I've been doing other stuff too. I did manage to get into raids for Shiny G-Max Appletun and Hatterene and caught both. That means one less Granny Smith Applin I need to hatch. Caught Appletun in a Master Ball because I've had horrible luck with non-promoted G-Max raids, but Hatterene went in on the first Repeat Ball.

With Home out, I transferred all of my living dex, and therefore most of my Shinies (I still have three in DS games and two in 3DS) I need to transfer up). After looking at them all, I decided to start filling in some Shiny holes in regards to Legendaries. Decided to resume a Celesteela hunt I started months ago. After 770 encounters, a Shiny Celesteela appeared. Now I'm probably going to work on the other Ultra Moon exclusives before moving to the Ultra sun exclusives. The only one I am not going to get via wormhole is Regigigas because I have a paused hunt for a Lv.1 one in Platinum.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
A shiny MM Dream Ball Koffing on my second egg!!! :eek:

The only problem is I prefer Koffing’s shiny infinitely more than Galarian Weezing’s. What to do? Is Eviolite an option?

AzulTheCerulean20

Borne by Valkyries
After Oceans VGC next weekend I'll probably get stuck into hunting something, just not sure what yet.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Ha! I started hunting Pheromosa yesterday and paused at 524 encounters and midway to 526. That 526th encounter, and therefore the very first one today? Shiny. Caught it with a critical capture as I was typing this. I'll let the UM (I'm dual hunting all of these because I have physical and digital copies of both games) that got the Shiny determine which hunt I start next.

Phillies

Is there any truth to each Minior getting their own shiny instead of sharing a black one? I also read that each form of Castform got individual shinies as well.

Is there any truth to each Minior getting their own shiny instead of sharing a black one? I also read that each form of Castform got individual shinies as well.
Minior only has one shiny, just like Alcreamy does.

Having a shiny Castform I can confirm the forme changes don't even have a shiny at all. Shiny sunny, rain and hail Castform looks exactly like the regular does.

Phillies

Minior only has one shiny, just like Alcreamy does.

Having a shiny Castform I can confirm the forme changes don't even have a shiny at all. Shiny sunny, rain and hail Castform looks exactly like the regular does.

That's a shame. I read an article on another site that said that Pokemon Home gave these Pokemon new shinies.

That's a shame. I read an article on another site that said that Pokemon Home gave these Pokemon new shinies.
Oh you meant on Pokemon Home? I just transferred them and my Castform does indeed show different shinies for each of it formes while they used to be identical from gens 3-7. Not sure if it does apply to Minior though since only their color is different between the formes, the shape is exactly the same.

TheMaster327