• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Minior only has one shiny, just like Alcreamy does.
Technically Alcremie has seven shinies, all burnt. While Minior functionally has one shiny, the box sprite and it the dex entry has it take the form of any of the regular color variants

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I finally got another completion on my shiny Rocketdex goal this week, a shiny female yanma on Pokemon Go (I match the genders of Team Rocket's pokemon where they are known). The previous yanma I got in XY was male, so I'm glad to check this one off my list. I may go back to XY one of these days and hunt for a second female I can evolve into Yanmega. I love that blue on shiny yanma. ^_^

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny latias after 2,220 SRs. Not bad :D

Modest nature and mischievous, so max SpATK stat. Gonna get her, Regigigas, and swellow moved back to Ultra Sun, then resume my egg hunt.

Edit: Shiny regirock after 391 SRs.

Yeah, I was working on my egg hunt again, but yesterday was income tax day and income tax waiting rooms plus hatching eggs was putting me to sleep, so I went into the wormholes and found regirock fairly quickly. I actually missed a legendary yellow wormhole and fell into a one-ring yellow a couple holes behind it. And there he was.

Hardy nature and likes to thrash about, with Clear Body. I'm happy.

Will go back in for registeel ata later date

Last edited:
After hatching eggs for almost 2 weeks straight, I've finally hatched a shiny Skwovet after 4127 eggs. This was the longest MM hunt I've ever done (egg total amount) and I almost feel like the shiny squirrel wasn't worth it.

Blipbug is probably next, but I'm gonna take a break from hatching eggs for a bit and try to get one of these G-Max Toxtricity. I dislike raids but I do like this mon's G-Max form and it's an event so yeah.

Hope the next hunt won't take THAT much eggs.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I joined a random raid and ended up with a shiny Toxtricity (non-Gmax, Amped form). I sometimes wonder about the legitimacy of shiny raids; my first shiny in gen 8, a Pikachu, came the same way. But I know personally that I battled and caught it legitimately so there's that.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I got a shiny in Pokemon Go this week that I've wanted for a very long time, a shiny snubbull. ^_^ Snubbull's been a favorite of mine for the longest time because of the anime, so I was glad to finally get a shiny one. I also got a shiny pidgey in Let's Go Eevee while trying to wait out for a shiny venonat. I'm going to keep trying until I get ol' blue eyes, this will be round three or four after my failed chain. I'll come back after advancing a little more in the game.

Also, just now while I was visiting the forums, I got a shiny hoothoot in Platinum. I'll see if I want to try for another shiny since I have three other hoothoots, but I'll go through battling other trainers first because I need money for pokeballs. If not, I'll just go ahead on to Eterna City.

Last edited:

MDS777

The name's Riley
Is there any truth to each Minior getting their own shiny instead of sharing a black one? I also read that each form of Castform got individual shinies as well.
There are different shiny Minior forms. They only appear on the mobile version of Pokemon Home for some reason...

...to stay on topic, yesterday (2/29), I hatched a shiny Cramorant at 1,851 eggs. Talk about bad luck, but I'm glad to finally have it now!

Blipbug shone after only 16 eggs, which was the opposite of the Skwovet hunt xD
I went on an Indeedee hunt afterwards, which shone after 393 eggs and is male.

Next hunt's gonna be Gossifleur, I'm almost there for the gen 8 pokemon (aside from the fossils).

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
It's been a while I've given a break for shiny breeding and I decided to breed a Litten for the upcoming Season 3 Battle Spot. I hatched mine in 428th try, though his ability is Blaze. 31/31/31/X/31/X IV spread. Today I'll try to hatch once more and hope to land that 60% HA luck.

Pwt1xOs.png

Gossifleur shone after 469 eggs~
Next target's gonna be Sinistea, really wanna go for that entire Galar set as my 3rd entirely completed shiny region (as far as final evos go, hopefully they'll do shiny Zacian, Zamazenta and Eternatus events sometime in the future. It's a shame legends have gotten shiny locks since Reshiram/Zekrom in the gen 5 games).

EDIT: Sinistea shone after only 167 eggs.

Stonjourner is the next target~

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I thought I was going to go the whole week without a shiny, but surprisingly I got not one but TWO shinies today in Pokemon Go. While I was on break at work I got a shiny spoink (my second ever), which was awesome. Then while I was getting food after work, I was surprised to find a shiny Skarmory, which I've never had as a shiny before. That was awesome. ^_^

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Munna shines after 809 eggs. Nice quick hunt.

Female, bold nature and somewhat vain, with Telepathy, its HA. 5IVs missing SpATK. Hatched in a dream ball.

Think I'm gonna hatch for a Contrary snivy, but first I'm going back into the wormholes after registeel.

Edit: Shiny Registeel after 980 SRs. Faster than I was expecting.

Registeel is calm nature and mischievous, with Clear Body. Managed to get him in a dive ball, of all things.

Now on to hatching for snivy.

Edit #2: Hatched a shiny snivy on the 32nd egg. I was still trying to get the right IVs at the time, and it was not HA, so I switched it out for togedemaru.

Female, jolly nature and somewhat vain, with Lightning Rod. 4IVs missing HP and SpATK. My first shiny togedemaru in Gen 7

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I've been soft resetting for a shiny Turtwig these past few days on my Diamond copy. I've always wanted to do a badge quest and I would really like to have one on my unused Diamond game. I miss the sparkles of 4th generation shinies too much! If only the resets weren't 1min30 each!

ArcanineRaichu77

Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and BVB fan~
I've been soft resetting for a shiny Turtwig these past few days on my Diamond copy. I've always wanted to do a badge quest and I would really like to have one on my unused Diamond game. I miss the sparkles of 4th generation shinies too much! If only the resets weren't 1min30 each!
Good luck mate! I've hunted Piplup in Diamond and Tepig in BW so I know how those resets can drag! Looking away from the screen helps I find. Speaking of, my Lapras hunt is now officially my longest sr hunt. I'll hit 29k srs today. I swear the Silph Co employee is keeping the shiny for himself haha.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Raid Dens have netted me a couple of shinies.

After failing a shiny Ivysaur in one, I got a shiny Eevee and G-Max Garodor.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Good luck mate! I've hunted Piplup in Diamond and Tepig in BW so I know how those resets can drag! Looking away from the screen helps I find. Speaking of, my Lapras hunt is now officially my longest sr hunt. I'll hit 29k srs today. I swear the Silph Co employee is keeping the shiny for himself haha.
Thanks! And good luck to you too with that nagging Lapras of yours!

Does anyone know the answer to this question?: If, during my badge quest, I were to soft reset a Pokémon in a honey tree, will the fact that I am constantly resetting in front of the tree prevent it from stopping to shake? I would assume leaving the tree (offscreen) after 24 hours have passed would make the Pokémon flee, but will staying in front of it allow me to reset it until I find the shiny? I don't want to have to put honey on trees every day...

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
Was hatching a Trubbish to complete the Pokedex (to get the Shiny Charm) on Sword over the weekend and the first one that hatched was shiny.

Currently hunting for a shiny Rookidee with Shiny Charm in-hand.